rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Time to get those red shirts out.

This trick could get your game to the next level, what if i told you that you can immediately increase attraction with women with one easy step ...

I was then going to pitch my bullshit e book, but anyway I found this. If you wear read your seen as more attractive and with a higher status. Science confirms this.

Probably nobody cares but there it is anyway.

I believe that. Nice post!

I'm going to wear red today and see if I notice a difference.

Interesting...I need to try this out.

If that is true then why women usually dislike men who are redheads?
Dan ariely did a study on online dating that showed that being a redhead for a man was a negative point compared to black. Even on the dating sites I frequented women sometimes specifically indicated "no redheads" or short men.

women are attracted to men in black i.e. think about suits! sure get a red tie and white shirt to complement it!

Quote: (09-27-2010 02:16 PM)metalhaze Wrote:  

If that is true then why women usually dislike men who are redheads?

How does this even have anything to do with anything?

Red Shirt:
[Image: Jay-Reiss-Photo-Red-Shirt.jpg]

Redhead:
[Image: Ginger.jpg]

this is why politicians almost always wear at least SOME red in their ties, its a color of power, and sexuality. See red lipstick on hookers.

Hey guys, I was looking over this old thread about a guy wearing Red being more attractive to girls and I see that the results of the study are pretty significant. Check out the screenshot below from the original study

[Image: 10onvbb.png]

Significant increases in perceived attractiveness, perceived status and desire to have sexual behaviour with the guy. All they did was colour the guys shirt in the study blue or red.

The desire for girls to have sexual behaviour with the guy looks to have increased by at least 1.5 out of 10. That's pretty crazy

Interesting stuff, do any of you guys crack the red shirt out and have a higher strike rate?

I thought red looked bad on me, I might have to rethink this

I have a red v neck that I wear on every first date.

Red can make you look really pale if you have fair skin. In general, I think it's better to not look too pale.

If you are ginger, wearing red can look ridiculous. It's better wear something compliments your skin tone.

Let's not blow this out of proportion.

If you approach and have good game, will peripherals like this give you a bonus? Yes.

If you don't approach and don't have good game that red shirt isn't going to magically transport talent to your bed.

These are laboratory results whose significance will diminish immensely to real skills in the field.

Quote: (08-29-2013 11:08 AM)soup Wrote:  

Red can make you look really pale if you have fair skin. In general, I think it's better to not look too pale.

If you are ginger, wearing red can look ridiculous. It's better wear something compliments your skin tone.

Red makes me look like hammered dog shit. I'd lose 2 points from it right off the bat. If guys can pull it off I say go for it. Even if it only gives you a 5% edge, every little bit counts.

My own experience tells me that I get the same results from wearing light blue, or for that matter, just dressing well generally. I get more mojo from knowing I look good than I would from wearing a color that doesn't look good on me, even if it attracts attention. If wearing red works for you, then go for it. That said, like Vicious said earlier, there's no substitute for putting the work in...

I've tried a red shirt-it doesn't look good with my skin tone

A touch of red is often better- a tie or a pocket square or socks

"If anything's gonna happen, it's gonna happen out there!- Captain Ron

Red shirt gets the pussy.

[Image: 2x26-AssignmentEarth0035_TrekCore.jpg]

A light or pale skin tone DO NOT go well with red.

Quote: (08-30-2013 05:02 PM)MaleDefined Wrote:  

I'm fucked then. Seemed too go to be true, pick up an extra point of attractive just by wearing red. I'll leave it to you guys without the pasty white skin.

I know it definitely works in reverse. I went out to a party and this girl was wearing red and I thought she was so hot, heaps of guys were hitting on her. Next time I saw her she was wearing black and I didn't even notice her for about an hour, she just blended in with the other girls, I didn't see any guys hit on her either.

True story. Red is the color that always gets peoples attention first, color psychology (and how it can be used for different effects) is a bit cool to read up about. This is the first thing that came up on Google http://psychology.about.com/od/sensation...psych.htm.

Regardless, wearing a red shirt when out (if its paired up with good style and you're on top of all your other things in life game wise) is almost like a subtle version of peacocking. I can't TELL you how many guys I've seen when out wearing some version of a blue or white button down. I had this awakening one night out when I was wearing one (light blue button down) in DC and was just looking around like, '....What.... the fuck....holy hell. Almost 70% of all the guys in here are wearing the same color or type of shirt!...Note to self...NEVER wear this shirt or color when going out again!!'

Don't be like everyone else! Stand out. Red will help that a LOT. People who drive red cars are also more likely to receive tickets. Think about this now, when you are in a crowd and people are scanning a room-their eyesight will naturally be attracted to the things that stand out. The red will stand out (usually), and just a few moments of eye contact with a women can be ALL you need to initiate a conversation and get things started.

Think smart, not hard gentlemen. Subtle tricks.

God bless the chase.

Definitely try wearing a nice red shirt sometime gentlemen, red is the color of power. Go kick some ass in the meantime.

Yeah, I've heard of this finding before. I'd like to see it replicated with variations on the experimental design and guys with different ethnicities/looks to see if it holds up universally. Personally, my suspicion is that red would remain a pretty strong color across the board, but the results would change significantly depending on how it otherwise complements the guy's look. I have a red button-down "going out shirt" that I use but my skin tone is a bit lighter so I think I usually look better in black or gray.

That explains something. I wore bright red pants and 2 women approached me. One of whom I'm meeting tomorrow.

To clarify this, the red effect is real. Get a touch of red going somewhere else in your outfit. Perhaps a red pocket square, tie, lapel, or collar. Shoes with a dash of red. Red pinstriped shorts can work a bit as well.

It does work, a friend of mine regularly tried this in clubs he would show up wearing a blue shirt, count the eye contact he'd receive in half an hour then go to the washroom, change up with a red shirt and he noticed far better reactions as someone else said, it's the color that attracts the most attraction. Why do would think rapheads wear flashy colors like orange or purple, it's like peacocking, shows you're different from the rest of the crowd. This is the same reason why naturals/douchebags wear pink-colored polos.

If you think about it, traditional great religious or state figures always wore certain colors derived from red: purple: Roman emperors/Pope, pink: toreros/matadors, red: cardinals. Blue is the color of the masses: blue-collars, white is too: white-collars, gold on the other hand has prestige too (it's the color of jewelry after all). Colormetry does have an influence on mood, perceptions otherwise stage, light and interior designers wouldn't exist. This is provided those colors flatter your skin tone but red as a color is an excitant, I think we can all agree on this, a touch in the form of a red rose boutonniere attracts attention, I regularly rock one on a black suit and people often comment if I'm going to a ceremony or a wedding. So until anyone has evidence to the contrary I'll believe it.

I'm surprised at some of the replies here.

First, Payback. Your buddy's anecdotal experiment doesn't mean much because too many variables can't be accounted for. For example, the simple belief that changing into a red shirt could affect his confidence and mannerisms, even if slightly such as posture, so that he carries himself in a more attractive way without ever realizing it. It doesn't count for much in proving that red works any better than blue in attracting women. That said, if a guy feels better in the red shirt vs the blue shirt, then for HIM, even if it's not the color per se, it's working to improve his odds so he should continue to wear it.

Second, the guys who think they don't look good in red. How do you know? What you think looks good and what others think looks good could be very different things. Look at the fucked up styles you see people wearing. Most of them left the house thinking they look good that morning. Some of them left thinking they looked fabulous. And many of them looked like shit to you, right? You can't really judge what looks good on you to others, only to yourself. You owe it to yourself to try it out at least. Of course, if you don't feel you look good in red, then your results are not likely to be favorable since you won't exude the same air of confidence.

I do wonder if the red shirt experiment was tried with a variety of different guys to account for ethnicity and skin tone, etc.

Anyway, for the cost of a red shirt, it's certainly worth trying.

I do have a black t-shirt that I wear and for reasons I can't explain, I feel like I get eye-raped each time. It's just a bloody t-shirt and while it's a nice enough t-shirt, it's not particularly special. I've gotten a lot of compliments with it from many people. For some reason, it just makes me more attractive. Some clothes do that. Find out what clothes make you look good and get you noticed positively and wear that, whatever it is.

Off topic question, if a certain piece of clothes that you absolutely hated, one that you felt fucking retarded wearing - could be a pink angora sweater for example - was looooooooooved by girls and made picking them up a lot easier, would you sell your soul and wear it anyway? If girls just creamed themselves at the sight of you in a pink angora sweater and they hit on you instead of waiting around for you to talk to them... Would ya do it?

"Shoes with a dash of red" jeez you remind me of Ted Mosby - ultimate beta.

[Image: pulling-them-off.png]

Plus I read somewhere red is for women and men should go with blue.

Great catch. The science behind this is probably all well and good but there are many men who have a profile that is not compatible with warm colors. For example, gray/black/silver/blue best fit my profile. Red is off-limits for me.

Tanner over at masculine-style.com was the one who pointed this out to me a few months back.

That said, if I could pull off red I would.

the peer review system
put both
Socrates and Jesus
to death
-GBFM