rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Patella Tendonitis

Patella Tendonitis

Anybody else have/ had patella tendonitis? What is the best way to get rid of it?

I have tried everything and cannot get rid of the tendonitis. Eccentrics strengthening exercises, stretching, hyperbaric therapy, ice baths, epsom salt baths, foam rolling, etc.

Patella Tendonitis

What worked for me was doing some yoga, poses like the child's pose and the warrior pose. Along with addressing tight hip flexors and weak glutes. This might not be your problem but it worked for me.

Patella Tendonitis

Hmmm, I might have to try a bit of yoga. I think I have a similar problem, tight hip flexors, but with weak ankles.

Appreciate the advice.

Patella Tendonitis

Attach some weights to your ankle (or just wear shoes to start out) and try some standing leg curls. Do an isometric hold at the top of each rep for a few seconds.

Patella Tendonitis

Are you participating in any physical activity that could be causing it?

I used to practice Capoeira, without strength training, which put lots of stress on my knees. I have since stopped and the tendonitis has gone away too.

Patella Tendonitis

Strengthen your hamstrings/glutes. Stretch your quad.