rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Google Pressure Cookers and Backpacks, Get a Visit from the Feds

http://news.yahoo.com/google-pressure-co...00667.html

Quote:Quote:

Michele Catalano was looking for information online about pressure cookers. Her husband, in the same time frame, was Googling backpacks. Wednesday morning, six men from a joint terrorism task force showed up at their house to see if they were terrorists. Which begs the question: How'd the government know what they were Googling?

Catalano (who is a professional writer) describes the tension of that visit.

[T]hey were peppering my husband with questions. Where is he from? Where are his parents from? They asked about me, where was I, where do I work, where do my parents live. Do you have any bombs, they asked. Do you own a pressure cooker? My husband said no, but we have a rice cooker. Can you make a bomb with that? My husband said no, my wife uses it to make quinoa. What the hell is quinoa, they asked. ...
Have you ever looked up how to make a pressure cooker bomb? My husband, ever the oppositional kind, asked them if they themselves weren’t curious as to how a pressure cooker bomb works, if they ever looked it up. Two of them admitted they did.

The men identified themselves as members of the "joint terrorism task force." The composition of such task forces depend on the region of the country, but, as we outlined after the Boston bombings, include a variety of federal agencies. Among them: the FBI and Homeland Security.

My favorite part, "What the hell is quinoa?".

I guess now the feds will be all over this post like white on rice... maybe some of them will even turn red pill?

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

Nice! Saw this on Zerohedge today.

Quote: (08-02-2013 05:31 AM)Gmac Wrote:  

http://news.yahoo.com/google-pressure-co...00667.html

Michele Catalano was looking for information online about pressure cookers. Her husband, in the same time frame, was Googling backpacks. Wednesday morning, six men from a joint terrorism task force showed up at their house to see if they were terrorists. Which begs the question: How'd the government know what they were Googling?

Catalano (who is a professional writer) describes the tension of that visit.

[T]hey were peppering my husband with questions. Where is he from? Where are his parents from? They asked about me, where was I, where do I work, where do my parents live. Do you have any bombs, they asked. Do you own a pressure cooker? My husband said no, but we have a rice cooker. Can you make a bomb with that? My husband said no, my wife uses it to make quinoa. What the hell is quinoa, they asked. ...
Have you ever looked up how to make a pressure cooker bomb? My husband, ever the oppositional kind, asked them if they themselves weren’t curious as to how a pressure cooker bomb works, if they ever looked it up. Two of them admitted they did.

The men identified themselves as members of the "joint terrorism task force." The composition of such task forces depend on the region of the country, but, as we outlined after the Boston bombings, include a variety of federal agencies. Among them: the FBI and Homeland Security.

My favorite part, "What the hell is quinoa?".

Quote:Old Chinese Man Wrote:  
why you wonder how many man another man bang? why you care who bang who mr high school drama man

How did the feds know what? That vile outlaw Snowden might have a thing or two to say on that subject.

According to this article from The Verge (tech/culture website), the lady thought it was an FBI filter that got them in trouble.....only to retract herself.

In reality: Her husband recently got laid off and the searches were done on his work computer. The company found out, alerted the county sheriffs, which paid the visit.

a "tip from a Bay Shore based computer company regarding suspicious computer searches conducted by a recently released employee. After interviewing the company representatives, Suffolk County Police Detectives visited the subject’s home to ask about the suspicious internet searches. She acknowledged her original post may have been misleading, but insisted she had tried to tell the truth as she knew it at the time.

How Google searches for 'pressure cookers' and 'backpacks' led the cops to a writer's door

Cattle 5000 Rustlings #RustleHouseRecords #5000Posts
Houston (Montrose), Texas

"May get ugly at times. But we get by. Real Niggas never die." - cdr

Follow the Rustler on Twitter | Telegram: CattleRustler

Game is the difference between a broke average looking dude in a 2nd tier city turning bad bitch feminists into maids and fucktoys and a well to do lawyer with 50x the dough taking 3 dates to bang broads in philly.

delete - accidental double reply....time to buy another mouse.

Game is the difference between a broke average looking dude in a 2nd tier city turning bad bitch feminists into maids and fucktoys and a well to do lawyer with 50x the dough taking 3 dates to bang broads in philly.

delete - accidental double reply

Can't wait for Henry Blodget et al. to find a way to excuse the Feds for this one like they did with the NSA.

How many of you guys couldn't help yourselves and had to Google how to make a pressure cooker bomb just now?

It's funny that the authorities are so diligent about preventing shit that already happened. Some guys fly planes into the WTC, they bar cockpit doors as start checking out people talking flying lessons. Someone tries to use a shoe bomb, everyone has to take their shoes off at security. Two guys turn a pressure cooler into a bomb and googling pressure cookers gets you a visit from the man.

It's nice to know that the good guys are keeping two steps behind the bad guys.