rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Girls commit dating violence as often as boys

I've been saying this for a long time, but it's nice to have another data point to use. This is why every time a girl I'm banging "jokingly" slaps me or scratches or pushes me hard, or just pretends like she's going to I say, "That's abusive! I'm calling the police, byatch. I'm going to show them the marks!" Other times, I warn them with the menacing line, "Equal rights, equal fights. Watch out." Both are very effective. [Image: lol.gif]

Full story.

Quote:Quote:

Girls commit dating violence as often as boys, studies show
Brian Alexander NBC News

Girls are the perpetrators of some form of dating violence nearly as often as boys, surprising new studies show.

More girls – 43 percent – than boys – 28 percent – reported committing an act of physical dating violence, said researchers who are presenting their findings beginning Wednesday at the American Psychological Association’s annual meeting. Slightly more boys – 23 percent – than girls – 18 percent – reported perpetrating at least one act of sexual violence.

For her study, Dorothy Espelage, professor of educational psychology at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, and her colleagues conducted a longitudinal study among 625 students starting in grades 5, 6, and 7, and followed them over a period of four years. Researchers interviewed the students at intervals over that time.

The study looked at a spectrum of behaviors, ranging from name calling and expressing anger, spreading rumors, and using controlling behaviors such as keeping track of dating partners, to physical violence such as slapping, hitting and biting, and sexual violence including forced kissing. Taken as a whole, one in three reported being the victim of at least one of the behaviors on that spectrum.

While most of us may not rank name-calling, or bad-mouthing another to their friends as “violence,” the researchers say they included the psychological and relationship tactics because they can have a profound impact.

(story continues.)

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Western girls commit dating violence as often as boys.

"I have refused to wear a condom all of my life, for a simple reason – if I’m going to masturbate into a balloon why would I need a woman?"

Random thoughts:

I think their general finding is correct, but this is hardly dating "violence". Just like they included "name calling" as psychological violence. If you do not have to go to the hospital or are not in serious pain, suck it up and deal with it (e.g. dump your partner if it bothers you). No need to cry to authorities. This criticism is of course only direct to women; the classic blowing things out of proportion for attention.

It is still men who largely beat their partners up to any serious degree. Why these men get girls in the first place, even after a known record of beating women, is another story.

The good: From a legal standpoint surveys like this are great; hopefully they can slowly make the police less biased against men in "he said she said" domestic violence type cases.

The bad: People who want to criminalize caveman game (e.g. very light physical force) now have a talking point about "how pervasive it is and how many women are victims".

The survey included very young people; from 5th to 11th grade through the course of the survey. A way higher % of girls in this time period have sexual relationships than boys. So naturally fewer of the boys are going to say they report "dating violence". Assuming they did not just make up answers; I do not trust self reported stats on potentially sensitive topics. Like dick size or dick count.

Quote: (08-01-2013 01:16 PM)Kingsley Davis Wrote:  

Western girls commit dating violence as often as boys.

It's true. Several years ago I hooked up with a girl I went to high school with, she was fresh off walking away from her engagement. Chatted over Facebook, one thing lead to another, got her over here, got the bang, started dating for a few months.

Come to find out after the fact that she had been diagnosed as being bipolar, wasn't too keen on taking her meds, and she was heavy into the boozing.

I can recall two specific nights with her losing her mind over completely trivial matters. One of them was about how I wanted to watch a horror movie after watching a gaymance movie with her which resulted in "omg how can you want to ruin my perfect day with making me watch a movie I don't want to see" and her hollering and attempting to slap me. The other event? I wanted to read a book before sleeping and had the lamp on, she insisted the light be turned off as she needs sleep. After she turned it off and I quickly switched it back on, she had the audacity to stand up, slap me full force. I warned her not to do it again, which she immediately did. After strike 2 I grabbed her by the throat and explicitly told her that would be the end of that, she would never again do that unless she wanted to be knocked down like a man.

The real kicker is after I left her, I heard nothing about her for almost a full year. She heard through the grapevine I was seeing a Thai au pair, and that set the hamster in motion (I always used to "jokingly" tell her if I met a hot Asian, she was gone). All of a sudden she's telling anyone who will listen I was abusive and choked her, that I encouraged her to avoid her ex-fiance, and provided her with booze.

The scary thing is from further reading about these types of psychos and from speaking with other men, this type of behaviour is FAR more widespread than a lot of people think.

Quote: (08-01-2013 01:23 PM)Norset Wrote:  

It is still men who largely beat their partners up to any serious degree. Why these men get girls in the first place, even after a known record of beating women, is another story.

It's pretty well known that a lot of women respond positively to violence. That's why that asshole who shot up a movie theater has hundreds (maybe thousands) of internet groupies. To a degree the ability to commit violence is a fitness test.

Roosh had some good twits about this today. Read down to up.

"
The reason: girls never provoke men to violence. They act like ladies. I've never even had a heated argument with a Ukrainian girl.

So you'd think guys would be beating girls all the time, but no. I've seen it only once (tonight) in almost 5 months living here.

In Ukraine I can't think of a time when I saw a girl hit a guy. It simply doesn't happen. Because the guy can hit back and not go to jail.

Zero. No one did anything. You know why? Because in this country, a man can handle his own business. She was free to run away, but didn't.
Expand

In front of the club today, a man slapped his wife. About 40 other (Ukrainian) men saw it. Guess how many white knighted?
"

I've been smacked by girls I was dating, but I've never smacked a chick I was dating.

This particular rabbit hole goes a lot deeper than most realize. It's not just domestic abuse that girls commit as frequently as men- rape is also committed equally.

The blue pill narrative states that 95% of all rapes are from men in accordance to the CDC's statistics.

What it fails to mention, is that the CDC has defined rape as being "forced penetration" rather than "forced sexual intercourse" when explaining this narrative.

http://www.cdc.gov/ViolencePrevention/pd...2010-a.pdf Is the official study on rape/violence statistic.

On the amount of rape committed, [Image: nxor.jpg]

Vs the amount of men "made to penetrate"

[Image: jwca.jpg]

Shows us that the number of men "made to penetrate" and the number of women raped within the last 12 months of the survey is nearly identical.

The survey has this to say on page 84 about the classification.

"As an example of prevalence differences between the National Intimate Partner and Sexual Violence Survey and other surveys, the lifetime prevalence estimate of rape for men in this report is lower
than what has been reported in other surveys (e.g., for forced sex more broadly) (Basile, Chen, Black, & Saltzman, 2007). This could be due in part to the National Intimate Partner and Sexual Violence Survey
making a distinction between rape and being made to penetrate someone else. Being made to penetrate is a form of sexual victimization distinct from rape that is particularly unique to males and, to our knowledge, has not been explicitly measured in previous national studies. It is possible that rape
questions in prior studies captured the experience of being made to penetrate someone else, resulting in higher prevalence estimates for male rape in those studies."

Which is an admission that being made to penetrate does not classify as rape when gathering these statistics.

I found a helpful article on this subject a few days ago, better explaining the invalidity the lifetime statistics.

http://www.genderratic.com/p/836/manufac...rable-men/

That doesn't look 'equally' to me, but it does show that it's not an exclusively male problem.

Check out my occasionally updated travel thread - The Wroclaw Gambit II: Dzięki Bogu - as I prepare to emigrate to Poland.

Oh wait. I see your point about lifetime statistics.

Interesting that the 12-month ratio is equal. That's really bizarre - did male-on-female rape take a nosedive over the last 30 years or so? I'm trying to make sense of all of this.

Check out my occasionally updated travel thread - The Wroclaw Gambit II: Dzięki Bogu - as I prepare to emigrate to Poland.

Wait. That's a victim chart, not a victimizer chart. You're making the assumption that the 'made to penetrate' column is exclusively woman-on-man, when it could be a bunch of gay dudes grabbing a dick and going down on guys.

It would be more useful, since we're exploring sexual dynamics between men and women here, to have the statistics exclude homosexual acts of sexual violence. The data is a mishmash here. I suspect a high degree of male-on-male sexual victimization in prisons may cause statistics to be skewed one way or another.

• Being made to penetrate someone else includes times when the victim was made to,
or there was an attempt to make them, sexually penetrate someone without the victim’s
consent because the victim was physically forced (such as being pinned or held down, or by
the use of violence) or threatened with physical harm, or when the victim was drunk, high,
drugged, or passed out and unable to consent.
- Among women, this behavior reflects a female being made to orally penetrate another
female’s vagina or anus.
- Among men, being made to penetrate someone else could have occurred in multiple ways:
being made to vaginally penetrate a female using one’s own penis; orally penetrating a
female’s vagina or anus; anally penetrating a male or female; or being made to receive oral
sex from a male or female. It also includes female perpetrators attempting to force male
victims to penetrate them, though it did not happen.

Completely agree. The main issue I was attempting to address is that the current political narrative is based on faulty statistic. You've highlighted some excellent reasons to support that idea.

This is well known among people who study domestic violence. Researchers classify domestic violence into two categories: intimate terrorism and common couple violence. Intimate terrorism is when one person batters the other person and that is mosty done by men. However, common couple violence is around three times more relevant as that's when both people just get in arguments that escalate into physical violence that is mutual. Women end up getting hurt more because men tend to be stronger than women, but not necessarily because men initiate the violence.