rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Amputee Vet ‘Humiliated’ on Delta Flight

Quote:Quote:

A Marine, a double amputee, on a Delta Airlines flight earlier this month was reportedly treated poorly and humiliated by airline staff.
Marine Lance Cpl. Christian Brown was on Delta flight 504 from Atlanta to Washington, D.C. Army Col. Nickey Knighton, a fellow passenger and veteran, sent a complaint to Delta Airlines about Brown’s treatment. The complaint was obtained by the Washington Post.

The Post reports that Brown was “clumsily wheeled to the back row of the plane” and ”humiliated to the point of tears.” Although fellow passengers in first class attempted to give up their seats in exchange for Brown’s seat in the last row of economy class, airline staff would not allow it because it was time for the plane to take off.

Another passenger, retired Army Lt. Col. Keith Gafford, told the Post, ”I have been flying with Delta for a gazillion years, and this crew treated Chris worse than you’d treat any thing, not even any body. I did 27 years in the military. I have seen a lot of things and have seen a lot of guys die, but I have never seen a Marine cry.” What the kid said was, ‘I have given everything that I can give and this is the way I am being treated? This is how I will be treated for the rest of my life?’”
Brown also became sick during the flight, which may have added to his frustration.

In an emailed statement to ABC News, airline spokesman Michael Thomas said, “This story in no way reflects how Delta treats customers or the high regard we hold for our nation’s service members. We are actively investigating and have reached out to this customer and his family. We’re sorry for the difficulties that transpired.”

According to the Post, Brown was leading his squad on a foot patrol in Afghanistan’s Helmand province on Dec. 13, 2011, when he stepped on an explosive device that blew off both his legs, one above the knee, the other below his hip. He also lost part of his right index finger.

Today, Brown lives in an apartment on the campus of Walter Reed National Military Medical Center in Bethesda, Md. He undergoes daily physical therapy to adjust to his prosthetic legs.

[Image: ht_cpl_christian_brown_tk_21214_wblog.jpg]

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/lifestyle/20...ta-flight/

Guy lives right here in DC here too... if I run into him I'd buy em a beer.

Similar:

Quote:Quote:

A partially paralyzed man is suing Delta Airlines, claiming he was forced to crawl on and off his flights and across the tarmac because he wasn't provided with the equipment he needed to board and exit the plane, according to a complaint.

D. Baraka Kanaan, 40, of Haiku, Hawaii, filed the suit in U.S. District Court in Hawaii against Delta Airlines and 20 of the carrier's employees and agents. The suit, filed on July 23, seeks damages after he endured "intense physical and extreme emotional suffering" from the ordeal.

In the suit, Kanaan said the airline subjected him to "appallingly outrageous treatment" both on his flight to Nantucket, Mass., on July 27, 2012 and on his flight back to Maui, Hawaii, two days later.

[Image: f1fd4134-06a1-4489-8d1e-365b45913246_HT_...x9_608.jpg]

http://gma.yahoo.com/disabled-man-claims...ravel.html

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

apparently they made him crawl on the plane to his seat at the back of the plane, and then off the plane when it landed, and then again the same thing on the return flight. wtf

after another series of awful flights last week on US Airways, I cant say I am surprised at all.

I'm not flying Delta with ever again. This is fucking disgusting.

Bastards should have carried him if they hadn't made proper preparations. Or at the very least given his seat to the first class passengers willing to relinquish.

This is inexcusable.

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

So they couldn't delay the plane just for a minute to let him exchange places with good-hearted passengers? I hope that minute was worth it to them because there will definitely be a huge dent in their earnings.

Check out my thread Essential android tools for modern players and alphas to find out how to make your android phone your wingman, or click here and scroll down if you only need to root it.

Want sound that puts iPods and iPhones to shame? I got you covered!

This makes me fucking sick...
It was probably some femi-cunt or some fey gay guy that wouldn't let him sit in 1st class.

If the details reported are true, I don't understand how anyone could have thought this was remotely acceptable. How can the crew just sit there nonchalantly and watch a disabled veteran crawl across the ground? Wtf?

[size=8pt]"For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.”[/size] [size=7pt] - Romans 8:18[/size]

Between TSA, ever smaller seats and leg room and random stories like the ones above, travelling on airplanes is right up there with visiting the dentist in activities people look forward to doing.

Game/red pill article links

"Chicks dig power, men dig beauty, eggs are expensive, sperm is cheap, men are expendable, women are perishable." - Heartiste

Quote: (07-30-2013 12:12 PM)scorpion Wrote:  

If the details reported are true, I don't understand how anyone could have thought this was remotely acceptable. How can the crew just sit there nonchalantly and watch a disabled veteran crawl across the ground? Wtf?

Easy. The workers today aren't chosen on their abilities as a good worker, but their abilities as an obedient worker. I'm sure there were policies that said, "No trading seats allowed" or something like that, so these workers were more worried about their own ass instead of taking good care of the customer.

This case reminds me of the planet fitness case where a woman died in the ladies locker room because the guy on the duty was afraid to go in the ladies locker room since he had orders never to enter the ladies locker room.

Corporate America likes obedient slaves and not free thinkers, so cases like these are the logical outcome.

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

If you've flown on an American airline lately, this shouldn't surprise you one bit. It's been a race to the bottom for a long time, and it's only getting worse. Airlines are manned (both on the ground and in the air) with the most incompetent, condescending, sighing, eye-rolling, not-my-problem people I've ever had the misfortune of being forced to deal with.

This is a product of the airlines' greed and allowing the profit motive to run amok in transportation. Just look at shit like baggage fees and doing away with meals, even on long flights. They're probably making cuts and staffing too, from training to quality control. They've done--and continue to do--all kinds of crazy shit to see how much they can get away with. The American Sheep aren't complaining, so fuck it.

[Image: attachment.jpg13536]   

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

This is simply disgusting! Even if the staff were behaving like animals, another thing that is even scarier and pathetic is how the hell didn't the passengers witnessing that scene reacted to this and intervened? Regardless of whether the man is a war veteran or not, as a human being, regardless of race, color or whatever, an handicapped person needs to be assisted. It's common courtesy! This only reflects the lack of manners and sheep mentality of the people as a result of the pussification of the general public in America.

Quote: (07-30-2013 12:30 PM)bacon Wrote:  

Between TSA, ever smaller seats and leg room and random stories like the ones above, travelling on airplanes is right up there with visiting the dentist in activities people look forward to doing.

This is why I will gladly pay extra, even at times, as much as double to avoid flying with a US carrier and flying through the US. I have a business seminar to attend at the end of Aug in the US and I'm really thinking of not going there.

Did you guys know that you have to follow the orders of the flight crew? Disregarding a stewardess is a felony.

"Feminism is a trade union for ugly women"- Peregrine

Quote: (07-30-2013 01:01 PM)Vacancier Permanent Wrote:  

This is simply disgusting! Even if the staff were behaving like animals, another thing that is even scarier and pathetic is how the hell didn't the passengers witnessing that scene reacted to this and intervened? Regardless of whether the man is a war veteran or not, as a human being, regardless of race, color or whatever, an handicapped person needs to be assisted. It's common courtesy! This only reflects the lack of manners and sheep mentality of the people as a result of the pussification of the general public in America.
Vinman beat me to it. Why wind up getting arrested and labeled a terrorist for someone I will never see again in a few hours? I wouldn't call it pussification so much as pacification. Just about anything you do that is
out of line will get you locked up.

What's more important, seeing that karmic justice is served or waking up tomorrow with freedom of mobility?

10/14/15: The day I learned that convicted terrorists are treated with more human dignity than veterans.

You know what's fucked up, too?

I thought to myself, "Man, if that shit happened on my flight, I'd start a fucking riot."

But if I got up to say something, feds would take me off the plane and charge me with a crime.

This is the world we live in. All of us need to sit down like little sheep, even when an injustice is occurring before our very eyes, or else face the wrath of the state.

This is one fucked up article and I agree with Samseau 100%. Workers were all being obedient.

Wow, I came to this section to vent and after seeing this have passed the threshold. Time to go for a run. This is beyond appalling.

Delta isn't vet friendly. For all their faults United is far more respectful of those in uniform, even sometimes announcing the service member. I don't fly Delta for a reason, especially when they got hit for charging soldiers extra for bags. Total bullshit. The flight crew must have all voted for Obama. Who else gets off watching a legless Marine crawl?

I was on a wheelchair for a month and two and a half on crutches. I would say 50% of people treated me nice and even offered to help me. The other half would treat me as if im not even a human being anymore, i had to yell some guy that said right in front of me jeez look at that leg its definitely broken this was in the hospital right after the accident. Some other guy looked at my leg while i was on crutches and put a disgusted face while making ugh i called him a fucking piece of shit and walked of. Im literally scared of growing old and sick now, thats not a decent way to live.

I'm an Iraq vet - never experienced anything like this in my life. Flying with other airlines, I usually get offers to move to first class. While in uniform, we're allowed to board/exit first; not something we want or ask for, but it's the thought that counts.

Those flight attendants at Delta should be forced to crawl off their next flight before being kneecapped by a firing squad. Makes me sick.

Quote: (07-31-2013 09:52 AM)Blick Mang Wrote:  

I'm an Iraq vet - never experienced anything like this in my life. Flying with other airlines, I usually get offers to move to first class. While in uniform, we're allowed to board/exit first; not something we want or ask for, but it's the thought that counts.

You've earned it.

Quote: (07-31-2013 09:52 AM)Blick Mang Wrote:  

Those flight attendants at Delta should be forced to crawl off their next flight before being kneecapped by a firing squad. Makes me sick.

Agreed. Delta needs to be boycotted. They get big money from the guv to move pax. Other carriers would be happy for the biz.

Here's Delta back in the news.

http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/the-excha...16354.html