rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Adding Lemons/ Limes to Water

I've started squeezing a lot of lime or lemon juice into my drinking water at all times. The jolt of citrus provides some "electricity. I can feel it. I also add a bit of agave nectar. It's basically a tea.

There are many benefits. I feel it working. The citrus juice fights fat, helps purify the blood, is a good anti-oxidant, and balances the bodies PH level, supposedly..? I think its good for the skin. It makes me piss, which is good. I can feel it doing something in my stomach.

I really believe in the power of citrus. I heard sailors and pirates used to eat lemons/limes to fight off diseases.

I think it helps with indigestion, hangovers, and all kinds of stuff. My body loves it.

Very refreshing and nourishing.

Add some to your water if you want to try something different.

I do this every day and was going to start a thread on it. It's called infused water. Squeeze half of lemon in a glass of purified water and add a dash of cayenne pepper. Drink at room temp. It acts as an alkaline and will get your ph levels right. These are 2 of the 3 ingredients used in The Master Cleanse.

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-20660.html

Stimulates the liver and other organs to be ready to take in whole foods too.

I keep 3 32 oz Ball mason jars in the fridge at all times with any given concoction of:

lemon/lime/orange
cucumber
cucumber/mint
green tea with mint or lime

Dark berries like blackberries or raspberries work well too. Squash a few before adding h2o. I mix up the recipes and leave in the fridge over night. Doing this has caused me to drink a lot more h2o and stay away from sodas or anything sugary.

@ Gio- Sailors ate citrus for the "C" to avoid getting scurvy.

Sailors used citrus to fight goiders, which comes from a lack of vitamin C.

Citrus juice is very good for you, just make sure to rinse your teeth after. Its hard on enamel.

I've been considering this...getting one of those large water "taps" you see at parties and filling it with ice, lemon, cucumber every day...or at least when i get home from work or something and drinking water all night.

http://www.crateandbarrel.com/cold-bever...and/f50535

[Image: cold-beverage-jar-with-stand.jpg]

Mason jars are a lot cheaper. Plus is an old school southern thang. It's what we drink our beer and whiskey out of. I pull one on out of the icebox and stick a straw in it. Use big sissy sticks cause the citrus seeds get stuck in the little ones.

I'm going to try adding watermelon/cilantro to my next batch.

This sounds so damn good. I need to try it.

Quote: (07-28-2013 11:16 AM)slubu Wrote:  

This sounds so damn good. I need to try it.

I usually end up drinking the whole 32oz in a couple minutes. I'd never do that with plain h2o. The increased fluids makes me feel better. I up to keeping 3 jars at a time in the fridge, and has helped me cut down on coffee also. Don't feel like I need it after that first glass of citrus water.

Another recipes I wanna try is black tea and raspberries. The combinations are endless.

[Image: attachment.jpg13477]   

[Image: attachment.jpg13478]   

[Image: attachment.jpg13479]   

Why havent I been doing this?
Starting today

"If anything's gonna happen, it's gonna happen out there!- Captain Ron

What a coincidence, I just started doing this today: one lemon squeezed into 2 liters of water, added agave for some sweetness. It's very refreshing and doesn't have all that sugar that comes with apple or orange juice we normally drink in my home.

Real lemon juice is high in citrate, which may help prevent kidney stones. Whenever I can I add lemon or lime to ice water...damn refreshing.

vitamin C in high doses is a laxative.

I always thought i was funny when people were taking 2-3 packets of EmergenC a day and running to the bathroom constantly.

WIA- For most of men, our time being masters of our own fate, kings in our own castles is short. Even those of us in the game will eventually succumb to ease of servitude rather than deal with the malaise of solitude

If you're not one to cut fruit all the time, I tried it with frozen berries and pineapple chunks, turned out really nice.

Since my liver is getting fucked multiple nights a week, I drink water with lemon as much as possible.

I cut 3 lemons in half squeeze the hell outa them in a glass and drop them in. Add water and drink it up.

Definitely right about the electricity feeling.

Quote: (07-30-2013 03:05 AM)McQueensPlayboyRules Wrote:  

Since my liver is getting fucked multiple nights a week, I drink water with lemon as much as possible.

I cut 3 lemons in half squeeze the hell outa them in a glass and drop them in. Add water and drink it up.

Definitely right about the electricity feeling.

Milk Thistle + B12

It also helps with kidney stones. I just found this out yesterday because I went to see the doctor because of severe back pain. I figured it was a stone and was right. Those little fuckers hurt.

I think this is a great idea and I love doing this with sparkling water.

DVY if you read this thread out of interest does squeezing lemons/limes into juice have much effect on your enamel, or is the effect minimal out of curiosity?

Someone mentioned black tea and raspberries. That combination is one of the best but to me it's even better when you add mint and simple syrup.

However, the best iced tea I've had is earl grey tea with some fresh squeezed orange juice, some orange slices, and mint. Add honey syrup (raw honey is too thick and doesn't mix) and you'll be on cloud 9.

I used to do this every now and then, but haven't done it in two years.

Gonna buy lemons tomorrow!

I wonder how many seeds I shut out a year. I've been adding lemons so water will taste better. Trying to cut down on sugary drinks.

A man is only as faithful as his options-Chris Rock

It's not the vitamin C that does anything (been proven not to). There's something in lemons that really does help with colds... maybe it's astringent quality.

Quote: (07-31-2013 03:32 PM)dk902 Wrote:  

I think this is a great idea and I love doing this with sparkling water.

DVY if you read this thread out of interest does squeezing lemons/limes into juice have much effect on your enamel, or is the effect minimal out of curiosity?

Minimal. The dosage of lemons is very small compared to the water.

WIA- For most of men, our time being masters of our own fate, kings in our own castles is short. Even those of us in the game will eventually succumb to ease of servitude rather than deal with the malaise of solitude

I studied abroad in Mexico, where they squeeze lime over everything.

Everything

Beer, soup, meals, drinks, everything gets lime. A dinner for 4 people probably requires at least 4 chopped up limes in total, if not more.

Anyway, after the semester, I came back and my dentist was like "Your teeth are see-through." Way more transparent than teeth should be, I guess. And this wasn't a problem I had previously.

I told him about all the lime and wondered if it could have an effect, he told me definitely, that eating lots of anything acidic can degrade your enamel.

So...

Yeah, that's laughable when you consider the other shit in Ali's fridge. Strawberry Ripple and severed heads.

Infused h2o lab.

[Image: attachment.jpg13648]   

Try grating some ginger into the water as well. Use a tea strainer if you don't want to actually drink the bits of ginger. Ginger and lemon/lime is a great combination.

Limes taste better than lemons imho.