rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

GTA V: The First Official Gamplay Video

I don't know if this merits its own thread, but I am a huge fan of the series. It has been a groundbreaking series and this edition appears to be another blockbuster

Official Gameplay Video

Having three characters did not strike me as desirable at first, but they sold me on it in the video. From designing your own heists and being able to do so much random bullshit it makes it endlessly re-playable.

Graphics look excellent, but the gameplay is most important. GTA 4 was good, but needed to be refined. Hopefully, they have fixed some issues. I recall having issues cycling people to shoot at.

The story looks compelling because it looks to be character-driven. That sounds good to me.

I was hoping for a Vice City remake. I really hope that is the next one.

The Three Characters Videos

Michael:

Franklin:

Trevor:

EDIT: Here is a documentary about the history of GTA

Quote:Old Chinese Man Wrote:  
why you wonder how many man another man bang? why you care who bang who mr high school drama man

they posted this in the ps4vs xbox one thread oddly enough. I just finished red dead redemption and starting the zombie version. I was put off of GTA 4 due to the strong anti-conservative joke vibe (I was very conservative at the time it came out), but will play it soon now. Michael looks like a cross of Robert DeNiro and Michael Madsen. The satire of the family life looks hilarious.

I don't really play video games - but I am fascinated by the GTA series. I am in awe at how good those games are.

I have read a book about the story behind GTA. And I look forward to checking out the documentary above.

I love the little details in these games. Like the superb radio stations which were on GTA 3.

It seems to me that these video games are the best, biggest and most detailed games ever made? Since the series is so successful - it seems the developers can spend more time and money on these games than other devlopers can on their games.

I am not upgrading my PS3 to PS4 right now because my PS3 is in excellent condition. Our TVs are capped at 1080p and we already play on Blu-Rays. The increase in the quality of graphics is going to be incremental and the different won't be as noticeable as it was when PS3 came out (compared to PS2).

That being said, I can't wait to buy GTA 5. The game looks unreal.

For the life of me I can't finish Red Dead Redemption. I played it when it first came out an stopped for some reason. Gave it another try a few months ago and was digging it, got to the Mexico part then just started playing "The Last of Us" on ps3.

I got the zombie shit for RDR to but I have not played it yet.

On a brighter note I think the new GTA is gonna be pretty epic.

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

I'm going to wait until the game of the year edition is out with the extra DLC games at say 30 bucks or less. I don't buy games at launch anymore. They also don't have the bugs worked out than and often need patches.

Red Dead Redemption is pretty good, although the hat the main character wears looks more Austrialian than Western. Why does he have a feather in his cap too?

Quote: (07-20-2013 11:17 AM)cardguy Wrote:  

I don't really play video games - but I am fascinated by the GTA series. I am in awe at how good those games are.

I have read a book about the story behind GTA. And I look forward to checking out the documentary above.

I love the little details in these games. Like the superb radio stations which were on GTA 3.

It seems to me that these video games are the best, biggest and most detailed games ever made? Since the series is so successful - it seems the developers can spend more time and money on these games than other devlopers can on their games.

cardguy:

I am a HUGE fan of the games. I have 100%'d Vice City, Vice City Stories, Liberty City Stories, San Andreas (well, 97%) and got to over 90% on GTA 4 & Ballad of Gay Tony. Misspent youth?

I have played Liberty Stories through 3 times, Vice City probably over 10 and maybe Vice City Stories over 15. Only 4 and the sequels once.

I don't know why I am telling you this, but if you ever need a resource on GTA I'm your guy.

It truly is the most complete series of games ever. Skyrim is very much in the conversation, as is Oblivion. Still, GTA is the cream of the crop.

You are right about the radio stations, pure genius. Sometimes, I will just put on the game to listen to the radio stations. Ironically, I have the rock channel from GTA 4 on now doing my next writeup. There are official soundtracks, but it is better to just use Youtube or the actual game.

If you are interested, check out KDST & the Rap channel on San Andreas, 98.3 EMOTION on Vice City,the same on Vice City Stories. Check out Liberty Rock Radio on GTA 4, as well as The Vice & the rap channel

I have yet to make it through the entire documentary, but I plan on it soon. I think there is some value in maybe doing some analysis of the games, but can't think of an angle.

There probably is an angle on the story of GTA IV. I will be replaying at least some of game in the leadup to the release of GTA V just to get back into the GTA flow.

why you wonder how many man another man bang? why you care who bang who mr high school drama man

@Cr33pin

Bizarrely, I had the same deal with RDR. I started doing a bunch of side stuff and gave up on the main storyline. My best friend played it through and said it was nothing special in the end.

Quote: (07-20-2013 11:17 AM)cardguy Wrote:  

Hopefully Electronic Arts doesn't buy Rockstar, because everything they buy turns into shit. But yeah, GTA is great! Although GTA 4 car's sucked, they were like boats.

Cattle 5000 Rustlings #RustleHouseRecords #5000Posts
Houston (Montrose), Texas

"May get ugly at times. But we get by. Real Niggas never die." - cdr

Follow the Rustler on Twitter | Telegram: CattleRustler

Game is the difference between a broke average looking dude in a 2nd tier city turning bad bitch feminists into maids and fucktoys and a well to do lawyer with 50x the dough taking 3 dates to bang broads in philly.

Quote:Quote:

they posted this in the ps4vs xbox one thread oddly enough. I just finished red dead redemption and starting the zombie version. I was put off of GTA 4 due to the strong anti-conservative joke vibe (I was very conservative at the time it came out), but will play it soon now. Michael looks like a cross of Robert DeNiro and Michael Madsen. The satire of the family life looks hilarious

I feel as if they take swipes at both liberals and conservatives, especially on the different radio stations they have.

As far as the new video game, I'm absolutely blown away! It literally looks like they spared no expense, throwing out all of the stops on this one: scuba diving, weaponry,aircraft, skydiving, improved graphics, custom cars, character customization, stock and real estate investment.

Quote: (07-21-2013 02:17 AM)numanist Wrote:  

they posted this in the ps4vs xbox one thread oddly enough. I just finished red dead redemption and starting the zombie version. I was put off of GTA 4 due to the strong anti-conservative joke vibe (I was very conservative at the time it came out), but will play it soon now. Michael looks like a cross of Robert DeNiro and Michael Madsen. The satire of the family life looks hilarious

I feel as if they take swipes at both liberals and conservatives, especially on the different radio stations they have.

As far as the new video game, I'm absolutely blown away! It literally looks like they spared no expense, throwing out all of the stops on this one: scuba diving, weaponry,aircraft, skydiving, improved graphics, custom cars, character customization, stock and real estate investment.

Oh, they mock all political positions. They are aware that men are more conservative & libertarian than women. However, they know video gamers are more liberal than the average man.

They will lampoon everybody if they can, which is another reason I love them.

I am conservative, but they make some lampooning of conservatives that is funny even to conservatives.

You are right, it is quite possibly the most in-depth video game yet. Think Skyrim, but with being able to manage businesses, design your own approaches to dungeon crawls and all that.

It's basically like San Andreas but with much better graphics and some additional features. I hope it has flying cars cheat codes.

Oh man its gonna be so awesome. They should implement a grappling hook like in Just Cause 2 [Image: biggrin.gif]

Anyone besides me try LA Noire? The concept was kind of interesting, the recreation of old LA was quite impressive, but overall, the game was a letdown.

Quote: (07-21-2013 01:24 PM)porscheguy Wrote:  

Anyone besides me try LA Noire? The concept was kind of interesting, the recreation of old LA was quite impressive, but overall, the game was a letdown.
I have it but havent even opened it yet, I got it on black Friday for 8 bucks

Rockstar makes good games, the GTA series, Red Dead Redemption, and Bully (I fucking loved Bully) the list goes on.....

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

BOOM Multiplayer... this game is looking better and better, a stong canidate for game of the year 2013

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard

Quote: (07-20-2013 03:11 PM)kbell Wrote:  

I'm going to wait until the game of the year edition is out with the extra DLC games at say 30 bucks or less. I don't buy games at launch anymore. They also don't have the bugs worked out than and often need patches.

Red Dead Redemption is pretty good, although the hat the main character wears looks more Austrialian than Western. Why does he have a feather in his cap too?

Yes I thought about doing something like this as well. What I may do instead is just wait for it to be on sale somewhere soon after release, play it like crazy for a week or 2 then sell it while it still has good value, then buy the goty version, or more likely get the steam version on sale for PC.

I actually liked the dlc for gta4 more than the main story line.

Its all about making that GTA

10 out of 10 on IGN

THE VERDICT

Grand Theft Auto V is not only a preposterously enjoyable video game, but also an intelligent and sharp-tongued satire of contemporary America. It represents a refinement of everything that GTA IV brought to the table five years ago. It’s technically more accomplished in every conceivable way, but it’s also tremendously ambitious in its own right. No other world in video games comes close to this in size or scope, and there is sharp intelligence behind its sense of humor and gift for mayhem. It tells a compelling, unpredictable, and provocative story without ever letting it get in the way of your own self-directed adventures through San Andreas.

It is one of the very best video games ever made.

I think its cool they used real gang members to voice the gangs in the game

[Image: tumblr_msp7p4m2ri1s6e4omo1_400.gif]

Comes out tonight at midnight

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard

Look out guys, it's misogynistic!!!! [Image: ohshit.gif]

http://m.gamespot.com/grand-theft-auto-v...w-6414475/

Characters constantly spout lines that glorify male sexuality while demeaning women, and the billboards and radio stations of the world reinforce this misogyny, with ads that equate manhood with sleek sports cars while encouraging women to purchase a fragrance that will make them “smell like a bitch.”

[Image: laugh2.gif]

I read that it cost like 250 million to make the game and they broke even in preorders.

You want to know the only thing you can assume about a broken down old man? It's that he's a survivor.

Quote: (09-16-2013 11:29 AM)renotime Wrote:  

I read that it cost like 250 million to make the game and they broke even in preorders.

yep, and just think of the numbers that they will earn back in revenue and sales, it will be mind blowing..

Will be the biggest game of all time, well...until GTA 6 comes out [Image: banana.gif]

Why are they not waiting until PS4 comes out?

A man is only as faithful as his options-Chris Rock

Buying it tomorrow!
Its been on the intarwebz since friday already.

My PS3 has been really flaky on me lately.. It's a semi (?) yellow light problem. Sometimes it takes several attempts to turn it on.

I might have to buy a new one to play this game. I don't have any plans for PS4 for years and I'm content enjoying the games I have for now. Seems like a win-win.

Quote: (09-16-2013 12:53 PM)Nascimento Wrote:  

My PS3 has been really flaky on me lately.. It's a semi (?) yellow light problem. Sometimes it takes several attempts to turn it on.

I might have to buy a new one to play this game. I don't have any plans for PS4 for years and I'm content enjoying the games I have for now. Seems like a win-win.

I've got a 360, and I've had the red ring of death before, so i'm really hoping it doesn't die on me tomorrow.