rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

"Shocking" video about racial profiling

http://www.upworthy.com/know-anyone-that...?g=3&c=bl3

ABC news is SHOCKED that young black men are treated with more suspicion in a possible theft than young white men (or women).

I'm really not trying to race bait here, I just found it amusing watching the news media perform the delicate dance of exploiting racial issues for viewership/ratings while not actually opening the proverbial can of worms in making any sort of meaningful statement on the topic.
It is sad to me that political correctness has gotten to the point where honest dialogue on the problems that the black community faces is virtually impossible, and that to even talk about statistical/factual realities in that regard is seen as heresy. Maybe if instead of doing cute little hidden camera shit to amuse white liberals while feigning outrage at racial profling, they devoted some air time to breaking down the factors that lead black men to crime disproportionately (which is the reason they're "profiled" to begin with), we'd actually have a decent shot at fixing things.

Also, LOL at 1:30

Here's an article I wrote about a while back that's pretty relevant. There was some genetic profiling tech that came out a while ago that didn't take off. It actually helped solved 100s of crimes, but, of course....

Quote:Quote:

Part of the problem is cost — basic tests run more than $1,000. But the real issue? DNAWitness touches on race and racial profiling — a subject with such a tortured history that people can't countenance the existence of the technology, even if they don't understand how it works.

Strange that even in the face of actual evidence, people can still glean the idea of racism somehow.

Dr Taylor was also concerned that some racial groups could come to be seen to be inherently criminal, ignoring the social dynamics that underpin criminal behaviour.

So, what they're really saying is.....

Dr Taylor is concerned that certain racial groups commit more crime, and would rather ignore actual evidence to uphold current PC ideals than stop criminal behaviour

This is literally the one field where racism can't play a part.. You're already running a retarded system, you may as well do it properly. I don't understand how people this fucking stupid run the entire world

Wow... That's one step short of being as retarded as banning surveillance video or witness testimony that shows the perps race because it would encourage profiling, or preventing APBs from mentioning a suspects race because it "creates an environment of blah blah..."

Actually, neither of those realistically seem too far off, sadly.

What would have been really hilarious would have been to have the girl trying to steal the bike, then have another actor dressed as a cop appear once the simps helping her started sawing at the chain.

I am not surprised....at all.

I'd love to file a police report involving a crime where I clearly saw the suspect, yet report to the police that the perpetrator was of indeterminate race, weight, height, age and even sex. That's the direction we're heading in.

And don't use the phrase 'the black community.' People only say that phrase because they are too pussy to say 'blacks,' as if that sounds racist. There is no unitary black community, or white or Hispanic community. This is one of those liberal shibboleths, where if you simply say blacks, you're assumed to be a racist.

I find the term appropriate.

Black community = African-American culture
Black people = people with brown skin

Not the same thing, and a distinction completely worth conveying.

Obviously you're right that it's not unitary, but blackness is a way more cohesive identity than is "white". "Black community" and "Hispanic community" actually convey something relevant, "white community" not so much.

How many threads do there need to be on the same subject?

I agree it's not unwarranted to profile black men above men of other races in terms of violent crime, in *precisely* the same way it's rational to profile men above women. Our society is such that profiling by race is unacceptable, whereas profiling men by gender is perfectly kosher.

But does this require a new thread every single time a new article is uncovered?

Aren't we talking about profiling Labia here?

WTF?

Damn......wrong thread.

I had this funny experience. Somebody was trying to break into my store at night and I was looking at the surveillance monitor. when I called 911, he asked me 'is he black or latino' I wanted to say 'how the fuck do I know, does it matter?' but I just said I couldn't tell.

WWYD did black/white dating scenario too. One white grandma agreed with her father about not letting her date a black man. she used the word how a girl goes out with 'something like that'

WWYD is not based on something extreme. it just portrays the common real people.

Nothing in the video surprises me

lowed all the help the girl got offered at the end.

Only want to say this, as an explanation for why I didn't watch the video:

Criminal profiling, both racial and general, is a heuristic technique. Heuristic techniques are never perfect or optimal and can always be shown to be a waste of time or worse if you manipulate a context to exploit the blind spots. But doing so says very little about whether the heuristic is or isn't worth using in common practice.

Quote: (07-31-2013 04:01 PM)Blaster Wrote:  

Only want to say this, as an explanation for why I didn't watch the video:

Criminal profiling, both racial and general, is a heuristic technique. Heuristic techniques are never perfect or optimal and can always be shown to be a waste of time or worse if you manipulate a context to exploit the blind spots. But doing so says very little about whether the heuristic is or isn't worth using in common practice.

Stop-and-frisk in New York City seems to be working well. In fact, it works so well that Democrats in the city support it as well as Republicans.

Does this even surprise anyone unless you live in a cave or under a rock? Don't dress like a thug if you don't want to get stereotyped because you already have to prove that you're not like the others if you're a non Anglo. Sucks but ain't a damn thing you can do about it.

Quote: (08-03-2013 10:51 PM)houston Wrote:  

Does this even surprise anyone unless you live in a cave or under a rock? Don't dress like a thug if you don't want to get stereotyped because you already have to prove that you're not like the others if you're a non Anglo. Sucks but ain't a damn thing you can do about it.

I have to comment on that. I still get stereotyped and I do not even wear urban fashion. I can be dressed in a blazer and loafers and people still look at me like I am going to snatch their purse. You are clearly out of touch

Said she only fucked like 4 or 5 niggas so you know you gotta multiply by three

Quote: (08-04-2013 01:09 AM)blackglasses Wrote:  

Quote: (08-03-2013 10:51 PM)houston Wrote:  

I have to comment on that. I still get stereotyped and I do not even wear urban fashion. I can be dressed in a blazer and loafers and people still look at me like I am going to snatch their purse. You are clearly out of touch
Where do you live where people get scared of a guy with loafers and a blazer lol? You must have prison tattoos around your neck and hands if that's the case.