rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Lost Iphone - what options do I have

lost my iphone on saturday whilst out partying (stupid i know)

i have the phone on a 2 year contract but no insurance for it and no tracker on it (yes very stupid of me)

as soon as I got home i rang my network and got the phone cancelled/blocked (no sim can be used in it whoever has it etc) I tried ringing it but its calling out.

so what do i do? my provider o2 will probably want me to pay for the phone which is like 300/400euro which i dont have.

should i just stop paying my bill and then when they contact me just say i lost it? they cant really do anything if i stop paying my bill.

Buy a cheap used smartphone online that's compatible with your carrier's network and use it until you have enough money and you want to go back to a better one. Then add insurance. Monthly insurance is important if you're going out weekly. As much as we may not like to admit we're men dependent on technology, losing our current smartphone would throw a huge wrench into all of our lives.

Your renters or homeowners insurance may cover you (although it doesn't sound like you're a guy who insures his stuff). I know my stuff is covered at home and away from it.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Quote: (07-15-2013 11:31 AM)IQVX Wrote:  

Buy a cheap used smartphone online that's compatible with your carrier's network and use it until you have enough money and you want to go back to a better one. Then add insurance. Monthly insurance is important if you're going out weekly. As much as we may not like to admit we're men dependent on technology, losing our current smartphone would throw a huge wrench into all of our lives.

Roger that. My phone got lifted/destroyed on the fourth and for some reason, partly my own not knowing any better, none of my contacts had been backed up even though it had google sync and my contacts backup app.

At least 500 numbers down the drain and it has been a major pain in the ass since trying to track down the important ones.

I now have two S3's. One through USC and the other through Verizon, both running sync so they both have all numbers.

This shit is not happening again.

If you had the option activated in your settings. You can use the Findmyiphone app. It allows you to track it, lock it, have it make noise, erase it or leave a message on the lock screen.

Some bank accounts also come with free smart phone insurance...

try calling your old number and offer whoever answers the phone a reward for getting the phone back to you?