rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Re-engaging a flake?

Re-engaging a flake?

Anyone ever done it successfully?

Re-engaging a flake?

Probably a waste of time, but I'll try one for you and let you know how it goes.

Re-engaging a flake?

I've done it before and had minor success with it, but the odds are low, like 1 in 10 low. Unless the girl is very attractive it's barely worth it.

Basically what you want to do is wait a few weeks or so before you relaunch the attack. You want to be breezy and nonchalant, a text like 'hey what are you up to later?', not bitter and angry, don't even mention her previous indiscretion and suggest something like drinks at (or near) your place.

When you actually get her to the spot is when you can tease her about being a flake.

...But even still, your odds on reversing a flake will never be favorable. I'd say you try it once, and if no nibbles then be done with it. Most of the time its really not worth it, but if you're low on prospects or hard up (and can keep face), sometimes its just the type of outside the box thinking that will work for you. The best flake reverser is running into her a few months later, pretty girl in tow and you looking good. This will up your chances of reversing the flake from 10% to about 85%.

Re-engaging a flake?

You think a text is better than a call?

Re-engaging a flake?

Quote: (08-30-2010 04:41 PM)CJ Wrote:  

You think a text is better than a call?

On a flake I'd say so. Last thing you want is to have to leave a voicemail on a girl's mailbox two weeks after she dissed you.

Re-engaging a flake?

i dont know if it matters but i met her a few days before leaving the country when i was working overseas.

now, i'm going to be back there, and thought maybe it'd be a pretext to contact her, and try to reset things. things got off to a good start with her, and then a terrible start b/c of the timing (me leaving)

(and she's a model, to add insult to injury)

Re-engaging a flake?

i used to always try, with little success

nowadays never bother, unless she's very attractive, still with little success [Image: smile.gif]

Detective Rust Cohle: "All the dick swagger you roll, you can't spot crazy pussy?"

Re-engaging a flake?

THanks. Yeah i think it's going to be a hail mary pass.

Re-engaging a flake?

Quote: (08-30-2010 03:57 PM)Nonpareil Wrote:  

The best flake reverser is running into her a few months later, pretty girl in tow and you looking good. This will up your chances of reversing the flake from 10% to about 85%.

Make that a 95% reversal rate. I just did this last week and we've been seeing each other pretty much everyday since.

Re-engaging a flake?

If eveyrthing else fails as a last resource and if the girl is atractive you can text her saying that you will be at some place waiting for her till x hour. In the place send her a picture of it by mms. Did this recently with 2 girls. one came the other said she was sorry and gave an excuse. Even if it doesnt work after waiting for a girl will cure you to moove on which is the best advice. Good luck

Re-engaging a flake?

thanks guys
If i run into her.. good. it'll be fun.

otherwise the right thing for me to do is to shred her contact info. i thought about it some more and figure she's not worth it (physically maybe / mentally, no)

Re-engaging a flake?

yeah good idea

i have phases where i delete loads of girls numbers from my phone to ensure i'm not gonna try and call them again

Detective Rust Cohle: "All the dick swagger you roll, you can't spot crazy pussy?"

Re-engaging a flake?

i should've remembered this:
"You even imagine notching up your belt since she showed so much interest in
you with that “Don’t forget to call me” goodbye. It’s like your entire
life can change from just meeting this one girl and getting her number.
Then you call her, leave a message, and never hear from her again. Ah
yes, welcome to middle game, the most frustrating part of game where
sure things turn out to be nothings" BANG

Re-engaging a flake?

Ya know, I'm now recalling a flake I did re-engage while I was in Vegas. I wonder if that's a good text to always try... "I want to hang out when I get back from Vegas." She responded, but then... I flaked out! Vegas has a way of increasing your apathy back home.

I digress, the girl I tried to text didn't respond. Still very puzzling as the last time we hung out we were making out before she left, but I think she was a juggler.

Re-engaging a flake?

Regarding deleting contact numbers :

Wouldn't it be better to send a feeler text every 2-3 months to all the contacts that flaked or you are not in touch with any more.......... just by playing the numbers game 1 out of 10 will respond as they might have broken up , currently single, be in the right moment for you......
afterall u went a lot of trouble to get that number (Approach, BS Talk etc) , I do not think it should be deleted that easy ?

"Timidity is dangerous, Better to enter with boldness. Any mistakes you commit through audacity are easily corrected with more audacity." (Robert Greene)

Re-engaging a flake?

Quote: (09-02-2010 07:10 PM)docsedated Wrote:  

Regarding deleting contact numbers :

Wouldn't it be better to send a feeler text every 2-3 months to all the contacts that flaked or you are not in touch with any more.......... just by playing the numbers game 1 out of 10 will respond as they might have broken up , currently single, be in the right moment for you......
afterall u went a lot of trouble to get that number (Approach, BS Talk etc) , I do not think it should be deleted that easy ?

Not bad thinking, but I wouldn't even bother after 2-3 months, if she flaked on you from the get go and you never even hung out with her then chances are she'll have already forgotten about you by then. I'd probably try again after 3-4 weeks, that way you don't look too desperate, but you're still fresh enough that she might remember you.

Re-engaging a flake?

Quote: (09-02-2010 03:19 PM)toddh Wrote:  

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA, ain't that the truth!!!

It never ceases to amaze me how flakey and more importantly fickle women can be. It's like one moment they want to travel the world with you, get married, and have your babies, but then when you call her back 3 days later, she doesn't even reply. [Image: huh.gif]

Re-engaging a flake?

I've never tried this approach, but for the sake of this discussion I'll mention it, I've read on a few game blogs about guys who send out mass text messages to girls they have in their phone list that have flaked on them. Basically, you send a text to 10 girls who've flaked in the past 2-4 weeks, and say something like: "Going to be chilling at X bar at 9 o'clock drinking some tasty cocktails, you should come join me...", this way you are putting minimal work into calling/texting each girl, and are maintaining a strong frame in the sense that you are not asking them to go per se, you are saying that you will be here and that they "should" come.

I've never tried this approach, and probably won't because from my perspective if a girl who gave me her number at the time and seemed interested, ends up flaking 2-4 days later when I call and doesn't even answer/reply, then there is like a 95% chance she won't answer/reply when I try weeks later. I also like to take a dominant frame of not "giving a fuck" when she does flake, it helps with your inner game IMHO when you say "fuck em'" when they flake on you. But as far as this mass text message thing, I bet you'd have 2-3 girls reply if you sent them a text like that, and only 1 would probably show up.

Re-engaging a flake?

Quote: (09-02-2010 07:49 PM)OGNorCal707 Wrote:  

Quote: (09-02-2010 03:19 PM)toddh Wrote:  

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA, ain't that the truth!!!

It never ceases to amaze me how flakey and more importantly fickle women can be. It's like one moment they want to travel the world with you, get married, and have your babies, but then when you call her back 3 days later, she doesn't even reply. [Image: huh.gif]

pretty much sums it up.

Re-engaging a flake?

Quote: (09-02-2010 07:57 PM)OGNorCal707 Wrote:  

I've never tried this approach, but for the sake of this discussion I'll mention it, I've read on a few game blogs about guys who send out mass text messages to girls they have in their phone list that have flaked on them. Basically, you send a text to 10 girls who've flaked in the past 2-4 weeks, and say something like: "Going to be chilling at X bar at 9 o'clock drinking some tasty cocktails, you should come join me...", this way you are putting minimal work into calling/texting each girl, and are maintaining a strong frame in the sense that you are not asking them to go per se, you are saying that you will be here and that they "should" come.

I've never tried this approach, and probably won't because from my perspective if a girl who gave me her number at the time and seemed interested, ends up flaking 2-4 days later when I call and doesn't even answer/reply, then there is like a 95% chance she won't answer/reply when I try weeks later. I also like to take a dominant frame of not "giving a fuck" when she does flake, it helps with your inner game IMHO when you say "fuck em'" when they flake on you. But as far as this mass text message thing, I bet you'd have 2-3 girls reply if you sent them a text like that, and only 1 would probably show up.

For now, i'm chalking it up as a learning experience, and focusing new prospects as much as poss. Once I 100% don't care anymore is prob. when she'll show up.

Re-engaging a flake?

Quote: (09-02-2010 07:57 PM)OGNorCal707 Wrote:  

yeah i've heard this one too - i think it makes sense if you don't have anything to do a certain night and are looking for a date

on the other hand, if you're the kind of guy who has chicks all over the place why would you SMS someone you haven't spoken to in a number of weeks/months and who never bothered responding to you

like i said, i have done this but only on rare occasions where the girl is very attractive. if it's just a random 6 or 7, who gives a fuck right

just the way i see it