rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

A third of married women keep their maiden names

Thought this recent article might spark some interest.
Unsurprising to say the least.
Some statistics confirming the feminism movement.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...ds-newsxml

'In the days of 'love, honour and obey', it was expected that a married woman would take her husband's surname. But it seems the next generation of wives has other ideas.
According to a survey by Facebook, a third of married women in their twenties are now choosing to keep their maiden name after walking down the aisle.
While 62 per cent of 20-something women take their husband's name, the figure rises to 74 per cent among those in their thirties, and to 88 per cent for women in their sixties.
Among the wives studied by Facebook, three per cent of those in their sixties chose to hyphenate their surname and their husband's, while six per cent of those in their thirties and four per cent in their twenties took the step.'

That doesn't surprise me.

Does anybody else find women with hyphenated names to be at least a little pretentious?

simple case of wanting the perceived good parts of marriage (husband,security etc), without the negative parts, like submitting to your husband.

my girlfriend said she wanted to keep her maiden name if we got married.

I said, "cool, you dont have to take my name, and we dont have to get married"

That was the end of that conversation

I gave a cousin of mine shit for keeping hers and she basically confessed it was to honour her alpha father. Also gave her massive crap for her copies of 50 Shades of Shame that it's proof that her hubby is not dominant enough to give up her maiden name and not to worry because it's our secret. Just in case if and when i might need a favor, lollz.[Image: angel.gif]

"I have refused to wear a condom all of my life, for a simple reason – if I’m going to masturbate into a balloon why would I need a woman?"

What I find even more disgusting is the beta herbs taking / appending their wife's name to their own last name. Talk about pathetic!

Always reminds me of this song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fL2R99G7kyE

I understand if a woman has a professional reputation under her maiden name. Also, some women will publicly adopt their husband's name, but keep all of their identification under their maiden name.

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

Quote: (07-07-2013 12:12 PM)emuelle1 Wrote:  

That doesn't surprise me.

Does anybody else find women with hyphenated names to be at least a little pretentious?

Anytime I've ever been in family court for custody issues
the judges have all been women with hyphenated last names [Image: dodgy.gif]

Team Nachos

Quote: (07-07-2013 12:12 PM)frenchcorporation Wrote:  

simple case of wanting the perceived good parts of marriage (husband,security etc), without the negative parts, like submitting to your husband.

I had the same exact conversation, with the same results. Shows that at least one third of men aren't putting their respective smacks down.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

I had a coach when I was in high school (USNA grad, flew jets, operated his own business when he left the service). He told me when he proposed to his wife she immediately demanded she keep her own name after she said yes. He closed up the ring box and walked away in front of a group of people. She immediately relented and decided to take his name.

The shit tests never end.

I'd love to see the stats broken out by age at marriage. Eg, What percent of women marrying at ages 21-25 keep their name, vs. 26-30 or 31-35?

We'd probably all bet that the women who get married older take their husband's name less.

Quote: (07-07-2013 12:12 PM)frenchcorporation Wrote:  

I know a girl from college that got married and not only kept her maiden name, but also gave their daughter her maiden name. This came up in conversation when I was having dinner at their house. Her husband asked my opinion and I said it was horseshit and disrespectful to the man.

She got really upset sputtering out excuses, eventually getting up from the dinner table and going upstairs.

Seems disrespectful to not take your husband's name. I would think a girl was playing if she said she was going to keep hers.

I don't believe any girl in her right mind , who has spent enough time with me.

Would work up the courage to ask such a question.

I think I would rather a wife just keep her own name than hyphenate mine. But I doubt I'd even date that kind of woman.

My ex is going back to her maiden name after the divorce. I told her that's fine, but the children keep my name.

This is one bone of contention of mine that i don't relent on. My future wife will take my last name and i wouldn't go through with the marriage otherwise.

It personally shows how much comitement the woman has towards the relationship.

I'd close the box up and walk away too. Ultimate FU to the hamster.

Before my sister got married she told my dad that she was thinking she would keep her last name. My dad told her "thats fine but everyone will think your husband is a pussy."

She took his last name.

In the Canadian province of Quebec, women aren`t legally allowed to take their husbands last name, according to the law:

Both spouses keep their birth names after marriage and continue to exercise their civil rights under that name, i.e. they must use their birth name in contracts, on credit cards, on their driver’s licence, etc. This rule applies to all spouses domiciled in Québec, even if they were married outside Québec. However, women married before April 2, 1981 who were already using their husband’s surname before that date may continue to exercise their civil rights under their married name. http://www.justice.gouv.qc.ca/english/pu....htm#names

Quote:Quote:

In a clue to how deeply the name divide runs, megastar Beyonce was savaged by feminist blogs when she titled her recent world tour the Mrs Carter Show, a nod to her status as wife of the rapper Jay-Z, whose real name is Shawn Carter.

These feminist have nothing better to worry about in their miserable, pathetic fucking lives than the fact that Beyonce is proud to take her husband's name. How much you want to bet these bloggers are spinsters with a bunch of pets running around their apartments?

Quote:Quote:

Meanwhile, reports claim British singer Lily Cooper - who shot to fame as Lily Allen - has faced objections from her record company since declaring she intends to record future material under her married name.

Never thought I'd live to see the day women would take shit just for such benign acts.

Women always keep their surnames in the Spanish and Portuguese speaking countries, and children inherit two surnames, one of each parent; if a couple has the same surname it's kind of shameful, since everybody thinks they are cousins.
I wonder how much of this issue in the USA has to do with Latin immigration.

Quote: (07-07-2013 12:35 PM)billbudsocket Wrote:  

What I find even more disgusting is the beta herbs taking / appending their wife's name to their own last name. Talk about pathetic!
I agree except there was one exception that I could understand. I remember hearing about someone explaining how they only took their wife's name because she was the last of the line for a rare Austrian name that had once been low-end nobility. It also helped that his original surname was incredibly common like "Smith". Outside of that though, I agree that it just seems pathetic when a guy takes his wife's name.

They are still keeping their father's name. The patriarchy lives![Image: banana.gif]

Quote: (07-07-2013 05:26 PM)Icepasian Wrote:  

Quote: (07-07-2013 12:35 PM)billbudsocket Wrote:  

I agree except there was one exception that I could understand. I remember hearing about someone explaining how they only took their wife's name because she was the last of the line for a rare Austrian name that had once been low-end nobility. It also helped that his original surname was incredibly common like "Smith". Outside of that though, I agree that it just seems pathetic when a guy takes his wife's name.

Yeah. Haters gonna hate, but I'd take my wife's last name if it was Rothschild, DuPont, or something on an extremely short list along those lines. In other words, not going to happen.

When I was younger, I always thought if I get married no discussion the wife gets my last name. Now I see how shit marriages are, no woman deserves my last name unless I get married abroad. My children would have my name of course but if I fuck around and want to marry an American woman, she can keep her last name so when we divorce it will be less of a hassle.

I don't think I can marry an American anymore anyway. After experiencing Mexican, Brazilian Thai and even Belizean women, why would I want to marry an American? Maybe fresh of the boat. Maybe.

The cycle of disrespect can start with just an appetizer.

I hope not to sound like a shit head but who cares when you die? Most probably know their family history up to 3 generations. Does your last name really mean something. I understand if you come from money, had a reputation, owned a business, but beyond that who fucking cares. Last names meant something up until the fifties. Once people moved away from their communities shit dont matter. You think your teacher thought, he's a Thompson his family is great". Maybe that is true for small town but nowadays who cares. Like I said, American bops and keep their shitty last name. For the 25-35 players out there how many relationships you know of within your age group looks like it may last passed ten years?

Marriage is for family building or wealth building. Companionship is on longer number one. If you dont want any kids and make 60-100k already, why would you get married. Maybe in your fifties but anytime before is not worth it. I think that why we are only 1-5% of the population. International playboys arent built for it.

Apologize for the rant. Sunday funday twisted.

The cycle of disrespect can start with just an appetizer.