rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

UFC 162

UFC 162

Well it finally happened. Anderson Silva lost, he was dancing around an showing off and got caught. Honestly I think he would have easily won the fight if thats what he wanted. I'm not saying he wanted to lose or get knocked out, but after being the champion so long and having everything so easy and all the pressure an haters that come with it I think he was ready for a break.

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

UFC 162

Can't believe what I just saw, but Silva got what he deserved.

As the saying goes..."There's a fine line between confidence and cockiness. Confidence can bring you many things, but cockiness can lose you many things."

UFC 162

@Cr33pn Ive been telling my buddies this but they complete disregard the fact that he's 38 and been champ for like 7 years. The whole pre fight was weird. Anderson let weidman touch the belt and kept talking about how it doesnt matter if he loses or not. I guess at the end of the day if you live by the sword you die by the sword or in this case if you try and dance your opponent eventually you'll get caught.

UFC 162

Im surprised guys still watch UFC, do you guys train?

UFC 162

Anderson Silva got too cocky and got caught. Damn.

UFC 162

Saw this coming a mile away. I said Weidman would win before GSP came out and said it. Anderson Silva has been the champ in the weakest UFC division and faced mostly sub par fighters for most of his career. Highly overrated fighter and nowhere near the best p4p in MMA.

UFC 162

I was out and missed it. Damn, Silva is my boy. I hoped he would retire before I had to see a loss. [Image: sad.gif]

UFC 162

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...Y28#t=536s

UFC 162

Can't have 'Wiedman VS Silva 2' if Silva would of won......

UFC 162

[Image: KO-1.gif]

UFC 162

The guy who lost seemed like he wasn't even trying. Was this an exhibition match?

UFC 162

I don't think silva cares anymore.

I watched his documentary that came out after he fought chall sunnen or whatever his name is, and silva really seemed like a man ready to settle down and be with his family.

UFC 162

You want to see a champ go out fighting, not clowning. This was truly a disappointment. I agree that this just sets up a rematch, and living with this humiliating loss will bring him out ready to fight in the rematch.

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

UFC 162

Quote: (07-07-2013 10:04 AM)Roosh Wrote:  

The guy who lost seemed like he wasn't even trying. Was this an exhibition match?

No, it was for the middleweight title belt. He's been the champion for the better part of a decade and he often toys with his opponents like that.

UFC 162

I can understand Anderson Silva using mind games as a way of mental warfare, but as Joe Rogan said, "you don't play games in the Octagon". Now we'll probably never see a super fight between Jon Jones V Silva.

UFC 162

I wonder if Silva is going to retire now or not?

UFC 162

Quote: (07-07-2013 12:34 PM)Justice Beaver Wrote:  

I can understand Anderson Silva using mind games as a way of mental warfare, but as Joe Rogan said, "you don't play games in the Octagon". Now we'll probably never see a super fight between Jon Jones V Silva.

We were never going to see it any ways. Silva wants nothing to do with Jon Jones and never has.

Just like GSP wants nothing to do with Silva.

When people ask for these superfights, it's like asking the smaller fighter to fight with one hand behind his back.

UFC 162

It isn't like he hasn't taunted his opponent in the ring before. It's just that this time around he was slower than the punch. People get old and they have to lose sometime. Someone who was as athletically gifted as Silva would obviously find himself in trouble if he kept relying on it even after he lost some of that ability. Sort of like Roy Jones Jr. He is however still the best, but he isn't champion.

UFC 162

I was at the fight (cheap seats), and from what I can tell it comes down to 2 things:

A) That's how Anderson Silva fights. He wasn't clowning on Weidman to clown on him or make a mockery of the fight, he was clowning on Weidman to get inside Weidman's head, frustrate him, and have him abandon his best weapon to take wild swings at Silva. Just like Mike Tyson employed heavy psychological tactics on his opponents, breaking their will before the opening bell even rang, Anderson Silva breaks an opponent's will by simply being untouchable. Once the doubt begins to set in, that's when Silva lands the death strike. It worked on Forrest Griffin, Stephan Bonnar, Chael Sonnen, and on and on.

It worked on Weidman to an extent too - Weidman himself said something to the effect of, 'he was standing there in front of me and I said forget it, I've got to believe in my striking'. If Weidman had gotten sloppy and thrown a bad overhand right and gotten caught, we'd be marking out over what a genius thing Silva had done to lure Weidman into his web. Instead, hindsight is 20/20 and we can't believe how silly Silva was to showboat in front of a killer. Never mind that he'd 'showboated' like this and demolished plenty of guys before that.

B) The combo that set up the death blow was Weidman's off-time four piece combo. After a shot lightly grazes Anderson on the chin, Silva steps back and starts with some admittedly extreme Matrix moves. A left-right from Weidman misses and the right goes across the body, with Silva leaning back slightly. However, Silva then pulls his right hand back for a weak backfist with the right hand, and Silva ducks his head further and down to his right. Weidman, anticipating this, connects with Silva with a hard left hook. Silva doesn't have his base beneath him and is not prepared to take the shot, and his eyes roll to the back of his head as he falls. Weidman smells blood and dives on his prey with a leaping right hand, and the shot connects hard, putting Silva's lights out for good.

The third punch in the combo, the backfist, set up Silva by forcing his head movement to travel right into the path of Weidman's left hook.

Check out my occasionally updated travel thread - The Wroclaw Gambit II: Dzięki Bogu - as I prepare to emigrate to Poland.

UFC 162

Here's an image. Upon review I guess it was the first punch in the 1-2 that grazed Silva, but in any event it didn't cause any serious damage to Silva. It was the flicker right backfist followed up by the huge left hand that laid Silva out.

[Image: 9.gif]

Check out my occasionally updated travel thread - The Wroclaw Gambit II: Dzięki Bogu - as I prepare to emigrate to Poland.

UFC 162

I stopped caring about UFC a long time ago, the last fight I saw was when Silva killed Chonnen.

The sport is dying and needed an "upset" like this to get people talking about it again.

He will be back and is still the best fighter, not his fault if the division is weak.

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

UFC 162

I was shocked when I opened up my phone last night and saw the article headline. I was even more shocked seeing the video and how he lost.

I hope there will be a re-match and we can see Silva (try to) get some revenge.

UFC 162

Quote: (07-07-2013 03:20 PM)Damedius Wrote:  

Quote: (07-07-2013 12:34 PM)Justice Beaver Wrote:  

We were never going to see it any ways. Silva wants nothing to do with Jon Jones and never has.

Just like GSP wants nothing to do with Silva.

When people ask for these superfights, it's like asking the smaller fighter to fight with one hand behind his back.

Normally I'd agree with you, but GSP cuts from 195lbs(probably a little more), and he says that Anderson cuts from 230lbs which is utter bullshit. If it's not easy for a 23 year old Rory to cut 30lbs(and GSP's camp is the best at it), there's no way in hell a 38 year old Anderson Silva is cutting 45lbs without his organs failing. Time to call a spade a spade. GSP is terrified of Anderson Silva and not many can blame him.

UFC 162

Quote: (07-07-2013 10:04 AM)Roosh Wrote:  

A Silva does this all the time. He was trying to bait Weidman into a striking match because Silva's one of the greatest strikers ever in MMA and resorts to turtling when on the ground. Weidman's biggest strength is wrestling so you combine these two things and you can see why Anderson tried to do everything to keep it a striking match.

For those of you that don't understand what happened:

Weidman threw a very unorthodox left, right, right, left combo. Anderson's weight was on the wrong foot and couldn't escape the last left that KO'd him. This was partially due to Silva pretending to be rocked by a punch before this combo. Weidman stated before the fight that he was practicing a left hook because he thought he could catch Anderson with it.

Another thing I will add, Anderson has always had the reach advantage in all of his fights and he was almost always the bigger fighter. The MW division was easily the most under developed division in all of the UFC. You combine these things and you get a way over hyped fighter that was nowhere near as good as people thought he was. Weidman was the first fighter Anderson faced who had the same reach.

UFC 162

Silva does toy with his opponents all the time, but not to the extent that he did against Weidman. My cousin and I were wondering what the hell he was doing. We saw his previous championship fights, but we didn't see that much clowning around before.

I was more impressed with Sonnen than I was with Weidman. If Silva would have taken him seriously, he probably would have won easily. He got too cocky and got caught.