rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Is Feminism Just A Cyclical Increase In Female SMV Jealousy?

Premise one: Women don't like sexual obsolescence as they age and are replaced as the objects of lust by younger women.

Premise two: The rise in publicly shaming men for desiring younger women largely correlates with the rise in anti-male feminism, which occurred largely between the late 1980s and now.

Premise three: That time period is when the Boomer cohort of women, the largest age-group block of women in the US, hit the age of sexual obsolescence and menopause.

Potential causal conclusion: Boomer women, simply by having the loudest voice through sheer number, have turned their own sexual jealously into a defining gender-equity moment.

Corollary: We should see a diminution of male shaming in "off-generation" timeframes and when lesser-populated generations of women hit middle age, like now through the 2020s, and a resurgence when the Millennials stop ovulating.

Thoughts?

I don't really agree with this, because feminism in the form we know it now took hold when Boomer women were in their sexual prime. I see feminism having risen because:

1). By the 1950s, men had built the US from scratch, creating an economy in which they could labor and designing modern conveniences that made life easy for women (who previously had to do chores by hand, etc.).

2). The Apex Fallacy kicked in: Women wondered why they had been shut out of the business world and didn't see or appreciate that a lot of what had been built before was done by grunts, not CEOs.

3). Women demanded equal access to the business world, even though they themselves had nothing to do with its formation.

4). White Knights capitulated to feminist demands, which caused the first (metaphorical) domino to fall. That was all it took.

5). What followed was not, in fact, "equality" in the business world, but an attempted dismantling of the entire society men and built up to begin with. Women and their White Knight lapdogs reconfigured everything from the educational system to basic male-female relations to the way kids were raised.

6). The resultant destruction of the nuclear family and society's basic mores is now taking the US closer to the Third World, thereby upending everything men came up with to begin with.

My two cents: I don't think any of this would have happened if the US had a stricter immigration policy circa 1890-1920 and had not let in as many Italians, Jews, and Irish. Immigrants from these religions brought with them an entirely different mindset than the Protestants that populated the country had. Even though Jewish women were largely responsible for Second Wave feminism (Steinem, Freidan), they needed a willing populace for it to take hold. The population, by this point, was overly influenced by Catholicism (think The Kennedys) and its obsession with charity and the Virgin Mary as a metaphor for the "purity" of women (something not found in Protestantism). I believe the resultant "Catholic Charities" mindset is responsible for everything from the growing welfare state to the redefining of male sexuality as perverse.