rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Do you associate certain names with specific types of people ?

For instance ,

I have never ever met a Stephanie who isn't a slut.

Never met a Matt or Michael who isn't cool as fuck

Most Heathers I've met were slightly chubby.

I know it sounds like broscience but I do firmly believe there are certain patterns in play here.

Every Melissa I've ever fucked was a head case.

"Feminism is a trade union for ugly women"- Peregrine

This reminded me of something I've used before, that's similar to the name association with personalities, that you could combo together:

Fun twist on using Astrology with girls, which requires virtually no knowledge of Astrology

You: "I hope you're not a Leo or _____, they've always been drama/trouble/_____ in my life"

Girl:

If Yes: She will often flirt back, validate, or ascribe a deeper connection to your meeting

If No: She'll either shoot it down if vibe is cold or doesn't believe in that stuff, or if vibe is warm, she is more likely to think of someone in her own life that fits that description "OMG! I totally know what you mean! This guy/girl who is a ____ that I know...."

So most of the time you're building rapport easily, opening up bunch of diff. potential conversations, and also spiking energy/emotions/curiosity

every Natasha I've met was a champ n could take it every way you can think of

These examples are all eerily accurate in my experience. Weird.

Steph slut - check
Matts/Michaels cool - check
Heather fat - check
Melissa headcase - check
Never fucked a Natasha, but the one I went to highschool with gave off that vibe, thinking back

How about Amys? I'm fairly sure those are nearly always sweet/naive (I can only think of a couple right now, pretty sure they're both nurses, too)

Names are just one way we judge people. Unlike appearance, a name doesn't normally change. I assume we literally associate names with people we've met, and project our past experiences onto them. Kind of like how if you treat a woman as if you've known her for a long time and are making a connection with her, she'll usually start to believe it, too.

Part of it might be that certain types of people like certain names for their kids, and kids are partially molded by their parents. For example, SWPL parents would never name their daughter Crystal or Amber.

Brandi is a fine girl.

I have two cool as hell friends named Theodore.

2 is enough of a coincidence that i'm writing about it in the New England Journal of Bros.

I judge people a lot by their names. It's a middle class prejudice I suppose, against what I don't deem to be 'proper' names. This applies only to the UK though, as you Americans have all sorts of weird names like "Channing" and "Brody", and I don't know the 'social rank' of these names!

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. - H L Mencken

Every Danielle or Beatriz I've ever met has been attractive.

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

Great idea for a thread!

I think this way of judging people is way more valid than astrology (which someone mentioned above) because our names are given to us by our parents, who shape us by both nature and nurture.

My big concern these days is what kind of parents are giving their girls boys names like Kendall, Morgan, Darby, and even Taylor. What kind of raging feminist mentality must be behind this? And what will the reps of these girls be? I guess we already know what the name Taylor now signifies...Here's an article on the topic:

http://blog.chron.com/momhouston/2011/07...opularity/

Deshaun and Laquashia - with being of African descent

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

Quote: (07-02-2013 11:08 AM)Days of Broken Arrows Wrote:  

Great idea for a thread!

I think this way of judging people is way more valid than astrology (which someone mentioned above) because our names are given to us by our parents, who shape us by both nature and nurture.

My big concern these days is what kind of parents are giving their girls boys names like Kendall, Morgan, Darby, and even Taylor. What kind of raging feminist mentality must be behind this? And what will the reps of these girls be? I guess we already know what the name Taylor now signifies...Here's an article on the topic:

http://blog.chron.com/momhouston/2011/07...opularity/

I don't think it's feminism, I think it's an attempt to raise the child's social status by giving them a name that sounds more upper class.

This has it's origin in the South I believe-it's been a Southern custom for a long time to give one child of the family the mother's maiden name as a first or middle name as a way to honor her family. Most often, this child was a girl; for instance if the mother's maiden name was Montgomery, one of her daughters would be named Montgomery. This got associated with the Southern upper class even though southerners of all classes do it.

It also happens with boys, one of my uncles first name is his mother's maiden name-the name isn't really masculine or feminine in nature but he uses his masculine middle name at work while everyone in the family calls him by his first name. Notice that all the boy's names you mentioned are actually family names, not traditional boy's first names

There definitely are patterns in names though-it seems that every other guy arrested has the middle name Earl or Wayne. Humphreys are almost always fat. Tiffany, Crystal, Amber or any other stripper sounding names are often sluts. Shaneekwa and Tammeka and any other pseudo African made up names are hoodrats. You could go on and on with this.

"If anything's gonna happen, it's gonna happen out there!- Captain Ron

Every Alexis I've ever met has been a twisted slut bag.

Every Carly I've ever met has been cute and down to earth.