rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The sexual behaviour of undercover police fits the definition of rape

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/...ver-police

"Rape is sex without consent in which the perpetrator does not reasonably believe that the complainant is consenting. It is common sense that these sexual acts fit that definition of rape and it could be the legal position too.

Consent is agreement by choice by someone who has the freedom and capacity to give it. And as the Irish rape case of Dee said a century ago: "The person by whom the act was going to be performed was part of its essence." One is surely deceived in multiple ways about that "essence" as a protester conned into sex with a policeman on duty, to bolster his believability."

Woah.

The definition of sex with a girl who claims to be a virgin, on the pill, only slept with a few guys, doesn't usually do this, is totally clean, etc...

Imagine you claim someone you are not, e.g. play famous game etc. Then it's rape?!

Quote: (06-29-2013 07:08 AM)not-a-pua Wrote:  

Imagine you claim someone you are not, e.g. play famous game etc. Then it's rape?!

It is in Israel, for example.

I can't have sex with your personality, and I can't put my penis in your college degree, and I can't shove my fist in your childhood dreams, so why are you sharing all this information with me?

Yet another stretching of the law that will primarily be applied to punish men. And all because some undercover coppers apparently went 'native'.

Soon the assumption will be that a man who didn't disclose anything that a woman later 'feels' would have been relevant was deliberately and criminally deceiving her in order to make her have sex when she otherwise wouldn't.

A good example of the potential scope creep pointed out in the article comments:
Quote:Quote:

- Alan is secretly having an affair but denies this to his wife. They then have sex. Had his wife known the truth, needless to say, she would not have consented to sex.
- Bert is on a date. He exaggerates his financial status and pretends to enjoy the same bands and films as his date so it seems they have something in common. They later have sex. Had his date realised Bert was not telling the truth, she would not have consented to sex.
- Charlie dyes his hair and pretends to be in his mid-30s on a dating site when in reality he is in his 50s. He meets a partner online and they later have sex. Had she known his real age, she would not have consented to sex.

Under Vera Baird's proposal, all three would be rapists.

"I'd hate myself if I had that kind of attitude, if I were that weak." - Arnold

Didn't the cops do the same thing the main character of "Boys Don't Cry" did? Pretend to be someone else?

The only difference, as far as I can tell, is that the woman who that film was based on went one big step further by pretending she was a different sex. Why is what Tenna Brandon did not considered rape?

(PS: If you only know this story from the film, read up on it. They took liberties with the story, the main one being they pretended Brandon's girlfriend didn't have a problem knowing she was pretending to be a man. She did and sued the producers over it.)