rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Alternatives to Hot Tubs/Spas

My lifestyle involves living in major cities, typically in rented apartments. As such, having a house with a backyard is unlikely to ever happen to me (at least in the foreseeable future.

I've always liked the idea of having a hot tub at my place available for private get togethers with one or two ladies or for general use at the big parties I like to host.

However, from what I understand, placing a hot tub in a rented apartment is risky, because

(1) I'm guessing that most landlords wouldn't want the risk
(2) There is guarantee that the floor will be able to handle the added weight
(3) Plumbing expenses
(4) Tricky install
(5) Potentially difficult to take with me when I move.

Hot tubs are appealing because they are a great centerpiece for chilling and in my estimation, can make your apartment a real destination.

As well, they are a reduced/no clothing activity and the advantages of this require no explanation.

In my mind, I'm imagining parties where hordes of young, attractive women have an excuse to start taking off items of clothing.

However, with the challenges of hot tub ownership as outlined above, I'm trying to come up with some ideas for creating a clothing optional party atmosphere on the weekends, without being pushing pushing for a game of strip poker.

Ideas?

I'm the King of Beijing!

Your going to have issues in making a hot tub work if you don't own the space. Steam closets could work but you'll be paying a shit ton, next is a fancy walk in shower and agian will be a ton of cash to set up.

For what you want to achieve:

Honesty... Build a dungeon.

All you need is space, dark walls, and to get some dimmers in for lighting. A 2nd bedroom if it's 110sq feet at least is enough. Not sure how much equipment costs but just get a cross and some tie stools and shit. This is more novelty then actual use, if you want to push for actual use then you can rent the space out for good money.

Evrey girl whom isn't a crazy prude will want to check it out and try stuff out. Make up your own rule like its only underwear or leather inside or some shit. Your landlord might trip but it's just paint, lights, and some nailing and heavy screws into the wall. That IMO is the least resource intensive thing for what your trying to do. Even less is just a strip pole - It is just that it has loss some of its cachet. My homie put one in his crib like 5 years ago and girls would roll through just to play and dance on it.

[Image: 513831d5-d978-41d3-832e-7f234136a954.jpg]

[Image: lol.gif]

Covers 1-5 nicely no?

http://www.activeforever.com/spa2go-port...7AodUnAAhw

Rather than installing a hot tub in a place you do not own, wouldn't it be much easier to just find a nice apartment in a good location that already has one and rent the whole place?

Alternatively, rent a place in a group of apartments that have communal access to a semi-private swimming pool.

Quote: (05-09-2016 11:07 AM)Mercenary Wrote:  

Rather than installing a hot tub in a place you do not own, wouldn't it be much easier to just find a nice apartment in a good location that already has one and rent the whole place?

I'm sure he's figured it out, being a 3 year old thread.

The problem is, outside America, most apartment blocks are multi storey; getting a hot tub onto a balcony is going to need structural engineers and hired cranes etc. It's a big undertaking.

With a rental property, it becomes almost impossible. No landlord is going to take on the liability (which is what they would be doing ultimately) for a playboy's flight of fancy.

Here in the UK the chance of finding a rental property with a hot tub that is not a mansion is essential nil.

I know this wouldn't be practical for an apartment, but if you had even a little bit of a backyard you could get one of these bad boys:

[Image: 661fe45288cb310942ce34c97ed72021.jpg]

No moving parts, no special plumbing or drain needed, no engineers to strengthen the floor, just fill it with water from the hose and light a wood fire in the basket, which actually made of pipes that heat the water in the tub, wait a bit, and you're good.

It's fiberglass, so moving it shouldn't be a huge ordeal:

[Image: firehottub-ye-6.jpg]

You could roast marshmallows while you are waiting for it to heat up.

http://www.amazon.com/FireHotTub-YE-Burn...B00C7E6OHA

“The greatest burden a child must bear is the unlived life of its parents.”

Carl Jung

Quote: (05-09-2016 11:12 AM)CrashBangWallop Wrote:  

I'm sure he's figured it out, being a 3 year old thread.

The problem is, outside America, most apartment blocks are multi storey; getting a hot tub onto a balcony is going to need structural engineers and hired cranes etc. It's a big undertaking.

With a rental property, it becomes almost impossible. No landlord is going to take on the liability (which is what they would be doing ultimately) for a playboy's flight of fancy.

Here in the UK the chance of finding a rental property with a hot tub that is not a mansion is essential nil.

Actually, I still haven't figured it out, for the reasons that you list above.

I'm glad this thread was bumped, because seeing it again caused me to rethink the issue and I may have a better solution.

I'm leaning more and more towards setting up a long term base in Taiwan (or possibly Japan) once I'm finished accomplishing several goals here in Beijing.

The advantage of both island countries is that there are plenty of harbors to stick a sailboat. A sailboat in a warm climate will accomplish
everything that I'm looking for.

I think the ideal would be to have an apartment in a major city an hour or two from a seaport where I could dock my boat. This would open me up to sailing to the Philippines and Thailand and elsewhere and bringing my ace in the sleeve with me.

Since my main game focus is on developing my party game method, a sailboat (if I could afford it) would be a great compliment to other aspects of my lifestyle and game.

I'm the King of Beijing!

If you live in a city that has an area for boat living, you could put a portable one on the deck.

I went to a houseboat party in the center of London that was exactly what you are aiming for. The rule was no one could get in the hot tub unless they were naked. So about 2 in the morning people just got naked and chilled in the hot tub. I left around 4 to catch a morning flight but heard that an orgy broke out shortly after I left.

A dream of mine has been living in a penthouse or top floor apartment with roof access. Throw in a hot tub and garden and you're all set up as a baller in the city.

In most major cities, the only way you'll make this happen is either buy a building or build it so you can live in a pent house.

Quote: (05-11-2016 01:55 AM)Laser Wrote:  

If you live in a city that has an area for boat living, you could put a portable one on the deck.

I went to a houseboat party in the center of London that was exactly what you are aiming for. The rule was no one could get in the hot tub unless they were naked. So about 2 in the morning people just got naked and chilled in the hot tub. I left around 4 to catch a morning flight but heard that an orgy broke out shortly after I left.

I love house boats. F*ck it, get a yacht and have a good time.

Quote: (05-10-2016 11:38 PM)Suits Wrote:  

I'm glad this thread was bumped, because seeing it again caused me to rethink the issue and I may have a better solution.

[Image: Wink-animated-gif.gif?gs=a]

I think the ideal would be to have an apartment in a major city an hour or two from a seaport where I could dock my boat. This would open me up to sailing to the Philippines and Thailand and elsewhere and bringing my ace in the sleeve with me.

Suits, with your own private boat you can combine both things:

1. Private parties on the yacht with you as captain/host
2. Hot tub/Jacuzzi on the yacht

My proposal for the official Suits yacht with hot tubs/pools at both ends:

[Image: C7B2E91D-20BE-4832-B620202EFC056B53.jpg]

Guest list:

[Image: 2469Yacht-Baby-Contest-of-China-Xiamen-Boat-Show12.jpg]

The advantage of both island countries is that there are plenty of harbors to stick a sailboat. A sailboat in a warm climate will accomplish

Since my main game focus is on developing my party game method, a sailboat (if I could afford it) would be a great compliment to other aspects of my lifestyle and game.

[Image: 20cLA4X.jpg]

Cheap(ish) inflatable hot tubs are readily available here, but I'm not sure I'd get much out of it.

"I'd hate myself if I had that kind of attitude, if I were that weak." - Arnold

A sailboat in a warm climate will accomplish

I'm confused.

You are going to get a sailboat with a hot tub on it?

Are you looking for places where the ocean is warmer, like a hot tub?

Aloha!

Quote: (05-11-2016 08:02 PM)Kona Wrote:  

A sailboat in a warm climate will accomplish

I'm confused.

You are going to get a sailboat with a hot tub on it?

Are you looking for places where the ocean is warmer, like a hot tub?

Aloha!

I don't want a hot tub. I want a good reason to have parties that involve girls with less/no clothes.

A warmer ocean helps, because otherwise no one is going to be wearing a bikini on my sailboat.

Would get different results anchored in the Arctic.

I'm the King of Beijing!

Are you an accomplished waterman? Do you know how to sail? Would you be using the boat all the time? If not, I would definitely skip buying a boat unless it's crazy cheap for maintenance where you are versus your income.

If it flies, floats, or fucks...RENT IT.

Read My Old Blog - Subscribe To My Old Blog
Top Posts - Fake Rape? - Sex With A Tranny? - Rich MILF - What is a 9?

"Failure is just practice for success"

[Image: 6PTDqEU.jpg]

Couldn't resist [Image: icon_biggrin.gif]

Quote: (05-11-2016 11:48 PM)Fast Eddie Wrote:  

[Image: 6PTDqEU.jpg]

Couldn't resist [Image: icon_biggrin.gif]

Actually, humour aside, you are absolutely right.

Buying a boat is usually a huge mistake.

However, as the discussion above has indicated, having a hot tub in anything but high end luxury apartments is not a realistic possibility, even if you own the place. I live in Asia, where it would be a huge risk to put something heavy in any apartment building. There are some other possibilities, such as living in a less expensive area where you actually have a backyard (this does exist, even in Asia), but this will be too far away from the hotties you want to have attending your parties.

The advantage of a boat is that it is a buyers market, due to most people regretting their purchases. I did a lot of research into this in the past and a blue water capable 32ft yacht can be acquired for $20-30K USD (including upgrades) if you go hunting in one of the many ports where people gave up and went home, abandoning their boat on some dock somewhere.

The trick would be to dock somewhere within decent range of the hotties you want to be partying with.

I think a flat in a trendy area of a major city will always be my main party zone, but a sailboat would be a good added feature to my lifestyle in the future, but not before age 40 (that's ten years down the road).

When I'm at a point where I'm not exactly young any more, being able to sell women on a month away on a sailboat traveling too and from the Philippines, I might score a lot of pussy that would otherwise be less easily acquired (even with game).

This all assumes that I will be able to afford to pay someone to take care of the boat for me, because that would a huge time suck to do myself. Boats are very demanding.

It's still very much just an idea, but it's a fun one to imagine for the moment. Will keep you updated.

I'm the King of Beijing!

Get a zebra instead.

Quote: (05-14-2016 01:27 AM)Conscious Pirate Wrote:  

Get a zebra instead.

Only if it's high end.

I'm the King of Beijing!

I think you may be underestimating how much a decent motor boat costs to run. The purchase price is just the beginning and like a woman's smile, it lures you in!

You know what they say; the two happiest moments when boating are the day you buy it and the day you sell it.

Before going all in make sure to rent one for shorter, then progressively longer periods.

Only when you realise you're spending so much that it's far more cost effective to just buy the boat then invest in one.

This also helps avoid the pitfall that you might get bored of yacht parties quickly, for whatever reason.

Quote: (05-14-2016 06:16 AM)Valentine Wrote:  

Before going all in make sure to rent one for shorter, then progressively longer periods.

Only when you realise you're spending so much that it's far more cost effective to just buy the boat then invest in one.

This also helps avoid the pitfall that you might get bored of yacht parties quickly, for whatever reason.

When I was in my very early 20s, so back in the mid 00s, one of my best friend's dads bought a brand new 50 foot targa motorboat. Specced up to the nines and moored at one of the top ports in the Med.

Anyway, literally a week after it was delivered his wife instigated divorce proceedings. He was trapped at home for the boat's first Summer figuring shit out so me and his son lived on the boat for 10 weeks.

The deal was that we could use the boat as much as we wanted but we had to pay the running costs (my friend's dad was busy squirrelling away every penny he could out of reach of the wife).

Now, don't get me wrong, I think those 10 weeks were the best 10 weeks of my life (our modus operandi was to drive the boat over to where the peasants holiday, sit off the beach with the music blaring and tender to and from the shore to hit on girls and bring them back to party), but the costs of running this boat were eye watering. We were spending about £1000 ($1600) per week each on fuel and other stuff i can't really remember. Add the food and alcohol and it was a seriously expensive endeavour.

In the background was a £1000 per week mooring cost plus depreciation on the boat of that again twice over most likely.

Now obviously, Asia is a bit cheaper and a used boat won't have the depreciation but it will have potentially scary maintenance/repair costs etc.

To me owning a boat is like owning a super car. You can do it on a budget but you won't enjoy it as the fear of a bankrupting bill appearing around the next corner spoils the fun.

I get the impression only uber rich people use boats and put them into LLCs with the exact purpose of using the depreciation as a tax write-off.

You might want to consider a Sauna. I stayed with a girl from AirBnB who's apartment had it in Germany. It's not great for bringing large amounts of girls in, but it's definitely an excuse to get naked.

Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and fuck the prom queen.

Quote: (07-27-2016 10:09 AM)Running Turtles Wrote:  

You might want to consider a Sauna. I stayed with a girl from AirBnB who's apartment had it in Germany. It's not great for bringing large amounts of girls in, but it's definitely an excuse to get naked.

Music required to execute this move successfully:

Not sure what your financial situation is like, Suits, but I'd also like to recommend you seriously weigh the costs of running your own boat. An actual sleeper craft with an inboard or even inboard/outboard is not just pricey to buy, but also pricey too upkeep. That's where the "gotcha" is with maritime living.

It would be a little cheaper to own a sailboat as the fuel/engine costs would be far lower, but you still need to pay to store it (which is expensive if you want to dock/moor in a nice port city) and other general upkeep. Every few years you will also need to dry dock it and restore/refinish the hull and other such huge pain in the ass and expensive projects.

Not trying to talk you out of it because being out on the ocean on your own ship (especially one with a lot of space and really baller creature comforts) is amazing, but it certainly has it's downsides.