rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Jezebel: A letter to affirmative action reject Abigail Fisher

http://jezebel.com/an-open-letter-to-aff...-570774253

I'm not familiar with how she thinks she got rejected because of affirmative action, but she might have a case and I'm strongly against AA. The Jezebel crowd is going nuts with all kinds of personal insults. Even calling the girl ugly, as if their very own writers aren't straight up hideous.

The only reason to read these ridiculous liberal blogs is to hone your snarkiness skills. But that is the total extent of the value of the piece. The author's entire argument is that white priveledge is such a powerful force that it necessary to consider the advantages of being white in the acceptance process. By that logic, any applicant whom is able to afford a private education, tutors, prep courses, a healthier diet, and mechanical pencils should therefore need to acheive an even higher standard than the rest of their classmates in order to be given admission.

Quote: (06-26-2013 10:43 AM)ghostdog Wrote:  

I'm not familiar with how she thinks she got rejected because of affirmative action, but she might have a case and I'm strongly against AA.

She has no case at all. That is a significant part of why the ruling in Fisher v. Texas this week was so inconclusive. Several of the more conservative justices who would very happily have taken the chance to overturn Affirmative Action entirely by overruling Grutter v. Bollinger (Scalia and Alito chief among them) joined the majority "compromise" opinion because they realize Fisher has a weak case.

She simply could not establish that race was used against her by UT in her admissions cycle.

Know your enemy and know yourself, find naught in fear for 100 battles. Know yourself but not your enemy, find level of loss and victory. Know thy enemy but not yourself, wallow in defeat every time.

Quote: (06-26-2013 11:14 AM)Gold Doubloon Wrote:  

The only reason to read these ridiculous liberal blogs is to hone your snarkiness skills. But that is the total extent of the value of the piece. The author's entire argument is that white priveledge is such a powerful force that it necessary to consider the advantages of being white in the acceptance process. By that logic, any applicant whom is able to afford a private education, tutors, prep courses, a healthier diet, and mechanical pencils should therefore need to acheive an even higher standard than the rest of their classmates in order to be given admission.

Yes, and apparently Asian privilege is so powerful and insidious that we need the equivalent of a 50 SAT-point penalty vis a vis whites, 235-point penalty vs. latinos, and a 280-point penalty vs. blacks to cancel it out.

I enjoy how the PC-leftist complex likes to pretend it's about combating putative privilege. What kind of privilege do Asians have that latinos don't? What kind of discrimination have latinos suffered that Asians haven't?

No, it's clearly about racial balancing; let's call a spade a spade.

#NoSingleMoms
#NoHymenNoDiamond
#DontWantDaughters

Quote: (06-26-2013 11:32 AM)Kabal Wrote:  

Yes, and apparently Asian privilege is so powerful and insidious that we need the equivalent of a 50 SAT-point penalty vis a vis whites, 235-point penalty vs. latinos, and a 280-point penalty vs. blacks to cancel it out.

I enjoy how the PC-leftist complex likes to pretend it's about combating putative privilege. What kind of privilege do Asians have that latinos don't? What kind of discrimination have latinos suffered that Asians haven't?

It is about money, power, and politics. The powerful interests defending AA are doing so primarily for practical reasons, not for more sentimental ones relating to past injustice.

I'll address this at ROK in a couple of weeks.

Know your enemy and know yourself, find naught in fear for 100 battles. Know yourself but not your enemy, find level of loss and victory. Know thy enemy but not yourself, wallow in defeat every time.

What is it about whites that makes them so self-loathing?

Do you see any other racial group undergo such self-inflicted agony over its "privilege" over other races?

Has anyone ever seen a Jew throw himself to the ground and start rending his clothes and flagellating himself over the injustice of God having made him one of His "chosen people"?

Why don't blacks feel a deep and enduring shame over the fact that it was other black African tribes who captured and sold slaves to white slave traders?

White people have literally been brainwashed by cultural Marxists to hate themselves and advocate for their own legal disenfranchisement. It's extraordinary.

[size=8pt]"For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.”[/size] [size=7pt] - Romans 8:18[/size]

Quote: (06-26-2013 01:01 PM)scorpion Wrote:  

White people have literally been brainwashed by cultural Marxists to hate themselves and advocate for their own legal disenfranchisement. It's extraordinary.

And the irony is they paid money, sometimes borrowed, for the brainwashing.

The fact is, white women have been some of the most greatest beneficiaries of affirmative action(besides non-white women). But the fact is, the anti-white bias prevalent in our "education" system, government and corporate system is out of control. I as well was a victim of this anti-white racism. I was denied entry into a top UC(University of California) and was forced to go out of state due to anti-white racism. Instead, my spot was given to a black kid at my school with a lower GPA(by at least half a point) and less extracurriculars than me. So yes, this is bullshit, though I doubt it will ever be addressed. Even if they prohibit discrimination by race, these institutions will find a way around it to lock whites, particularly white men.

Quote: (06-26-2013 01:01 PM)scorpion Wrote:  

What is it about whites that makes them so self-loathing?

I'd say it's because the typical "proud to be white" will be instantly branded a racist by the majority of mouth breathers out there, so it's as much self preservation and lack of balls as anything.

Quote: (06-26-2013 10:43 AM)ghostdog Wrote:  

I'm not familiar with how she thinks she got rejected because of affirmative action, but she might have a case and I'm strongly against AA. The Jezebel crowd is going nuts with all kinds of personal insults. Even calling the girl ugly, as if their very own writers aren't straight up hideous.

There were two plaintiffs against affirmative action. One of them dropped out of the case, leaving only Fischer.

The other plaintiff actually had a decent case, in which case AA could possibly have been overturned.

Abigail Fischer? No fucking way. She had a 1100 SAT score and a 3.4 un-weighted GPA. Even if she was a poor Hispanic girl raised by a single mom, I would have eaten my shoe if she had made it into UT Austin in the post 10% rule admissions process.

Quote: (06-26-2013 01:33 PM)Galnuc69 Wrote:  

I as well was a victim of this anti-white racism. I was denied entry into a top UC(University of California) and was forced to go out of state due to anti-white racism. Instead, my spot was given to a black kid at my school with a lower GPA(by at least half a point) and less extracurriculars than me.

How many whites with lower scores and/or fewer extracurriculars (or perhaps less impressive ones since I'm sure its possible for someone with a few excellent extracurriculars to outdo someone with a larger number of less impressive ones) were admitted ahead of you in your year? Similarly, were there any hispanics or asians admitted with similar/lower scores and/or fewer extracurriculars?

How are you so certain that "your spot" was taken by this specific black applicant? Was it reserved for you? Did the admissions officers inform you of its transfer upon your rejection?

Just curious.

[...] I as well was a victim of this anti-white racism. I was denied entry into a top UC(University of California) and was forced to go out of state due to anti-white racism. Instead, my spot was given to a black kid at my school with a lower GPA(by at least half a point) and less extracurriculars than me. So yes, this is bullshit, though I doubt it will ever be addressed. Even if they prohibit discrimination by race, these institutions will find a way around it to lock whites, particularly white men.

why not attend Stanford or USC, two campuses that are as good as or better than any UC campus ???

I only read Jezebel articles when you guys link to them, so I gotta ask:

Do they ever write anything that is not mean-spirited?

Quote: (06-26-2013 02:51 PM)Athlone McGinnis Wrote:  

I as well was a victim of this anti-white racism. I was denied entry into a top UC(University of California) and was forced to go out of state due to anti-white racism. Instead, my spot was given to a black kid at my school with a lower GPA(by at least half a point) and less extracurriculars than me.

How many whites with lower scores and/or fewer extracurriculars (or perhaps less impressive ones since I'm sure its possible for someone with a few excellent extracurriculars to outdo someone with a larger number of less impressive ones) were admitted ahead of you in your year? Similarly, were there any hispanics or asians admitted with similar/lower scores and/or fewer extracurriculars?

How are you so certain that "your spot" was taken by this specific black applicant? Was it reserved for you? Did the admissions officers inform you of its transfer upon your rejection?

Just curious.
How could I forget the Hispanics, there were definitely Hispanics, can't lock it down to a number since it was so long ago, that had GPAs equal or lower to mine who got into equally ranked or higher ranked schools than I did. Ironically, most of those who received Hispanic Academic Scholarships were Whites with Spanish last names. When I was pre-red pill, this made no sense to me that they got to be considered "hispanic", and saw it as favoritism. Not at all surprised now of the racial disparities in achievement, but not shocked at the favoritism towards "Hispanics" in college admission. I am honestly shocked White Hispanics still get privileges, but I guess they fell through the right loophole that wont be fixed any time soon. Honestly, there weren't many Asians. Whites, it seemed pretty standard. Whites of equal standing in my class got into comparable schools. Those of higher standing got into better schools, and less intelligent whites went to lower rung schools. Though in every case a black or hispanics(mostly hispanic since the blacks at our school comprised the bottom rung of the graduating class) would be first in line if their standing was near anywhere that of a white student.

Now it just seems you are excusing anti-white racism and racial favoritism in that next paragraph. If only a handful of people from my school applied, and that university takes a certain amount of people from my school, it can be reasonably be assumed that had he been white and had the same grades as this non-white applicant, that I would have gotten the spot hands down. I can say I am honestly glad I didn't go to a UC, and went where I went, honestly I probably would have turned it down. But it is the principle that matters here.

Quote: (06-26-2013 05:26 PM)GameTheory Wrote:  

[...] I as well was a victim of this anti-white racism. I was denied entry into a top UC(University of California) and was forced to go out of state due to anti-white racism. Instead, my spot was given to a black kid at my school with a lower GPA(by at least half a point) and less extracurriculars than me. So yes, this is bullshit, though I doubt it will ever be addressed. Even if they prohibit discrimination by race, these institutions will find a way around it to lock whites, particularly white men.

why not attend Stanford or USC, two campuses that are as good as or better than any UC campus ???

Not good enough grades. I didn't bother applying to Stanford, got rejected from SC which was my first choice.

Quote: (06-27-2013 01:47 AM)Galnuc69 Wrote:  

How could I forget the Hispanics, there were definitely Hispanics, can't lock it down to a number since it was so long ago, that had GPAs equal or lower to mine who got into equally ranked or higher ranked schools than I did. Ironically, most of those who received Hispanic Academic Scholarships were Whites with Spanish last names. When I was pre-red pill, this made no sense to me that they got to be considered "hispanic", and saw it as favoritism. Not at all surprised now of the racial disparities in achievement, but not shocked at the favoritism towards "Hispanics" in college admission. I am honestly shocked White Hispanics still get privileges, but I guess they fell through the right loophole that wont be fixed any time soon. Honestly, there weren't many Asians. Whites, it seemed pretty standard. Whites of equal standing in my class got into comparable schools. Those of higher standing got into better schools, and less intelligent whites went to lower rung schools. Though in every case a black or hispanics(mostly hispanic since the blacks at our school comprised the bottom rung of the graduating class) would be first in line if their standing was near anywhere that of a white student.

I had a university professor, who claimed herself as a minority, despite appearing to have very close to 100% European Spanish blood. If you say her on the street, you'd probably just think she was white.

But, since her family had been in Mexico for some generations, she spent an entire semester shoving equality arguments down the collective throat of her captive audience.

She sounded like a moron some times, attempting to justify arguments that made no economic sense.

For example, she argued that it was unfair for a chain of stores to charge more in a rough neighborhood, even though it had higher costs there, due to added security, shoplifted losses, etc.

Her argument was that since all the product came from the same sources wholesale, it shouldn't cost more to buy that product at the retail level in a bad neighborhood.

I still don't understand what the f*** she was saying, even though I've spent a couple years trying to get my mind around it.

I'm the King of Beijing!

Quote: (06-26-2013 11:32 AM)Kabal Wrote:  

Quote: (06-26-2013 11:14 AM)Gold Doubloon Wrote:  

I just want the elite schools to come out and say: "we discriminate against asians & indians today just like we discriminated against jews & guidos in the past"

It's funny how these schools lecture others not to discriminate (with their liberal PC bullshit) but then do the same thing when it comes to admissions at their schools.

Quote: (06-27-2013 01:58 AM)Suits Wrote:  

I had a university professor, who claimed herself as a minority, despite appearing to have very close to 100% European Spanish blood. If you say her on the street, you'd probably just think she was white.

But, since her family had been in Mexico for some generations, she spent an entire semester shoving equality arguments down the collective throat of her captive audience.

She sounded like a moron some times, attempting to justify arguments that made no economic sense.

For example, she argued that it was unfair for a chain of stores to charge more in a rough neighborhood, even though it had higher costs there, due to added security, shoplifted losses, etc.

Her argument was that since all the product came from the same sources wholesale, it shouldn't cost more to buy that product at the retail level in a bad neighborhood.

I still don't understand what the f*** she was saying, even though I've spent a couple years trying to get my mind around it.
I think it's bullshit, even though I am only part Italian, I pretty much identify as Italian through my last name and look as such. Italian is a Latin based language, shit my ancestors invented Latin. I think I have just as much a right, even more so, to be considered White Latin.

That's funny, most White Mexicans I know, which are many since I went to school with quite a few, and am in a relationship with one now, are more conservative and racially aware. They aren't particularly liberal at all. I think it is honestly this western culture, primarily anglosphere culture that corrupted your professor. Ironically, the culture she is railing against is the one that instilled these nonsensical beliefs in her.

So what, economic law is racist now? If you cant guarantee the security of your supply you charge a premium, and if demand at that price results in a profit, you keep it there. If consumers didn't like it, they could go else there. There are plenty of 99 Cent Stores around I am sure.

I wouldn't waste time trying to wrap my head around bullshit, you can't do it.

Just curious.

Now it just seems you are excusing anti-white racism and racial favoritism in that next paragraph. If only a handful of people from my school applied, and that university takes a certain amount of people from my school, it can be reasonably be assumed that had he been the same grades as this non-white applicant, that I would have gotten the spot hands down. I can say I am honestly glad I didn't go to a UC, and went where I went, honestly I probably would have turned it down. But it is the principle that matters here.

You sure went through a lot of dialogue only to not answer Athlone's questions. I would be interested in how you know the stats of the kids.

Stuff like gpa and extra extracurriculars that you are sure you beat them with.

Is this info posted on the web for everyone to see? Did you have an inside source that showed you their info?

Quote: (06-27-2013 02:27 AM)worldwidetraveler Wrote:  

Just curious.

Now it just seems you are excusing anti-white racism and racial favoritism in that next paragraph. If only a handful of people from my school applied, and that university takes a certain amount of people from my school, it can be reasonably be assumed that had he been the same grades as this non-white applicant, that I would have gotten the spot hands down. I can say I am honestly glad I didn't go to a UC, and went where I went, honestly I probably would have turned it down. But it is the principle that matters here.

You sure went through a lot of dialogue only to not answer Athlone's questions. I would be interested in how you know the stats of the kids.

Stuff like gpa and extra extracurriculars that you are sure you beat them with.

Is this info posted on the web for everyone to see? Did you have an inside source that showed you their info?

No, I am making this all up because I am an evil racist SOB, a Fascist most likely. I need to create a false reality that Affirmative Action exists to prop up my lies.

Quote: (06-27-2013 02:32 AM)Galnuc69 Wrote:  

No, I am making this all up because I am an evil racist SOB, a Fascist most likely. I need to create a false reality that Affirmative Action exists to prop up my lies.

Since you seem to be deflecting the questions, I can only assume you are full of shit.

Quote: (06-27-2013 02:35 AM)worldwidetraveler Wrote:  

Since you seem to be deflecting the questions, I can only assume you are full of shit.

I didn't deflect the questions. But I can assume you are either a white progressive that supports the anti-white status quo or a non-white. If it is the first case, you are full of shit. If the latter is true, I don't blame you for protecting your own political interests by veiling the reality so that whites don't realize they are getting the shit end of the deal and change things.

Quote: (06-27-2013 02:40 AM)Galnuc69 Wrote:  

I didn't deflect the questions. But I can assume you are either a white progressive that supports the anti-white status quo or a non-white. If it is the first case, you are full of shit. If the latter is true, I don't blame you for protecting your own political interests by veiling the reality so that whites don't realize they are getting the shit end of the deal and change things.

Yes, you did deflect as you continue to do so. I am not for or against anything here. That is just more deflection.

The problem is with people who automatically assume it was AA that screwed up their lives by citing how people with inferior gpa's beat them.

If you are going to go that route, you should be able to answer how you came to know the gpa's and resumes of these kids that beat you.

Otherwise you sound like a little bitch.

Quote: (06-27-2013 02:45 AM)worldwidetraveler Wrote:  

Quote: (06-27-2013 02:40 AM)Galnuc69 Wrote:  

Yes, you did deflect as you continue to do so. I am not for or against anything here. That is just more deflection.

The problem is with people who automatically assume it was AA that screwed up their lives by citing how people with inferior gpa's beat them.

If you are going to go that route, you should be able to answer how you came to know the gpa's and resumes of these kids that beat you.

Otherwise you sound like a little bitch.
My life isn't screwed up, never claimed it was. I'm come from a family with enough money to pay for whatever college I get into. But shit, I know a lot of my fellow white men that aren't so lucky.

Wow, did I pinch a nerve, are you taking the fact I am bringing up anti-white discrimination personally?

Quote: (06-27-2013 02:50 AM)Galnuc69 Wrote:  

My life isn't screwed up, never claimed it was. I'm come from a family with enough money to pay for whatever college I get into. But shit, I know a lot of my fellow white men that aren't so lucky.

Wow, did I pinch a nerve, are you taking the fact I am bringing up anti-white discrimination personally?

That is what I thought. You just made up shit because you feel like you deserved something. Instead of a reality where you weren't good enough, you had to make something up about how other people with lower stats beat you and it was anti-white.

All conjecture on your part with no facts because your ego can't take your failure.

I got no nerve to pinch. I got into the school I applied for. I built my own business. I did the things I wanted without having to make excuses for failure. You should try it some day.