rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Self-deprecating Humor

Self-deprecating Humor

Self-deprecating humor

I have been kind of lazy in my efforts here on the forum for the past couple weeks due to the successes I have been having… So it’s not all bad [Image: smile.gif]

I wanted to do another lengthy content post and I think a good topic – and one that I have been toying around with – is self-deprecation.

It’s a very powerful concept that allows you to show you are completely comfortable with yourself. But the catch is that you ACTUALLY need to BE 100% COMFORTABLE with yourself in the area of which you are making the joke.

For example, if you say;

“girls love looking down at me” (reference to your short height)

Then you better be HELLA comfortable with your height, because if you aren’t the joke is going to bomb and shit will get awkward fast.

Achieving complete 100% self-satisfaction is a lifelong journey so some things will be hard to make self-deprecating jokes about.

The good news?

The good news is that you can start tomorrow by making self-deprecating jokes about easier topics. For this I have broken it down into 2 categories:

Simple topics:
  • Lifestyle
  • Personality
  • Habits
  • Behavior
Sensitive topics:
  • Hair (balding)
  • Height (short/lanky)
  • Looks (ugly as a mo' fo)
  • Penis Size
Let’s assume a girl asks you the classic question “so what do you do?”

As you can imagine it is somewhat easy for the average guy to make a self-deprecating joke like;

“oh you know.. a lot of boozing, smoking, and grinding in the club. I’m a really healthy person [Image: wink.gif] And some work every now and then.”

But, if you take a guy who is completely comfortable in himself he can pull off something like;

“well, as an ugly looking big boy I spend most my time scaring away girls” [Image: wink.gif]

There is a huge difference between these two. The second requires much more self-confidence.

I personally like making small dick/bad sex jokes. I think this comes from the fact that I am not lacking in the area and am sexually experienced. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not huge, but not small.

For example; if a girl ends a sentence with

“… and then she started crying”.

I might say; “sometimes girls cry around me but it’s usually after I have sex with them”.

Or the classic asking “is it in yet”.

Be careful with this sensitive stuff though. It can backfire if you are not prepared.

I get howling laughter from the stuff I mentioned above but this will not be the case for everyone.

So try some shit out and see what works for you. At the very least it will be a good exercise and will make you less boring to talk to.

Peace!

Gandt

Self-deprecating Humor

When chatting with girls on russian dating sites, I use a lot self-deprecating humor, they usually enjoy it a lot.

Per exemple, when a girl says that it seems that I am an interesting person, I answer that "I am stupid, alcoholic and maniak" (which is not far from the truth) ...usually russian girls are very witty and most often the answer is "oh, great, I am also alcoholic and maniashka, let's meet !!". When they ask for my hobbies, I answer "getting drunk and going to strip bars" (which also isn't far from the truth). Ect. They usually find it funny. Of course, you have to mix it with some intelligent remarks. That said, some girls are rather obtuse. A girl had on her gallery a pic of her with a baby kangaroo, obviously shooted in Australia .... I wrote her "Your little dog is nice, but he has strange ears, what race is he?" (you'll agree that it was a pretty witty message) and the bitch replied in bold letters "IT IS NOT A DOG, STUPID, IT'S A KANGAROO". Hmm. ))

Self-deprecating Humor

I usually don't self depreciate, it just doesn't fit my vibe. If a girl says something snarky I'd say 'thanks' or 'whatever', or if possible reframe it as a positive. It's the same thing when someone compliments you, too often I see guys try to reduce the compliments impact by making an excuse or self depreciation. 'wow you're really smart' - 'nah I just got lucky in the test' etc. I see self depreciation in the same light, where something that your aren't comfortable with is lessend by you using humor or excuses. I'd much rather make the girl feel uncomfortable with my unwavering masculinity than make an excuse for a failing.

'you're really smart' - 'damn straight' or 'whatever'
'you're really dumb' - 'damn straight' or 'whatever'

Then get back to the task of getting laid, move the conversation where you want it to be.

Self-deprecating Humor

Quote: (06-26-2013 05:45 AM)Prosal Wrote:  

"IT IS NOT A DOG, STUPID, IT'S A KANGAROO". Hmm. ))

Dumb bitches come in all nationalities I guess.

Self-deprecating Humor

One bit of game I remember the most was from a friend of mine. He was chatting up a girl and then it reached the inevitable - "so what do you do?" question. She ended up being a teacher. He didn't have a job at the time and was quite happy being on the dole (unemployment benefit) for a few months . He just straight out said to her, "I'm on the dole" and laughed. She said "Don't you have any ambitions in life", he just acted playfully and said "Nah, I'm pretty happy cruising and being a bum at the moment". He made a few jokes about it and she loved it.

He didn't care about being on the dole and was cool and joked about it, it seemed like she was more into him because of this. He took her home and fucked her later on. At the time I couldn't believe it, I thought he had no chance after he told her he didn't have a job.

I'm pretty sure he got this bang because of confidence and the self deprecating humour made him even seem more confident in the eyes of the girl.

Self-deprecating Humor

Just wondering, how old are you?

Self-deprecating Humor

Quote: (06-26-2013 08:01 AM)pitt Wrote:  

If that is directed at me then I'm 34. Was probably about 26 when the story from above happened.

Self-deprecating Humor

Quote: (06-26-2013 08:08 AM)RonnieB Wrote:  

If that is directed at me then I'm 34. Was probably about 26 when the story from above happened.

Not you, the OP.

Self-deprecating Humor

Mid 20's

Self-deprecating Humor

If you're good looking and the best dressed guy in the building some self-mocking humor can thaw girls that are intimidated by you. Maybe not an issue in places where girl's egos are high but in areas of the world where women are humble and soft-spoken this can be well worth it.

Coming across as arrogant will get you shut down in many places just as appearing weak.

Self-deprecating Humor

Quote:Quote:

in areas of the world where women are humble and soft-spoken this can be well worth it.

Gandt and myself live in similar cities and I can say this works very well. A lot of Ontario girls are like this, especially under the age of 25.