rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Question about winging

Question about winging

let's say 2 buddies want to work on a set. tactically which is better: the better-looking guy opening or the worse-looking guy opening?

Question about winging

Pros and Cons:

Assuming a similar level of game, the worse-looking guy opening boosts his value up so there's better odds of both guys doing well. But the better-looking guy has a better chance of opening well and as long as he's a good wingman to his mate following him in then everything's fine.

Otherwise, if there is a significant difference in their level of game, then the guy with the worse game should do it for the practice. Lower chance of successfully hooking but better in the long run.

Conclusion:
Better looking guy will usually hook better and can then use his influence on the set to get things going for both of them. But he should probably make his target fairly obvious early on so that the other girl doesn't spend the whole night competing with her friend and leaving out the worse looking guy. But that's all part of being a good wingman.

Question about winging

^ strong 1rd post

Question about winging

Quote: (06-25-2013 12:39 PM)Lucky Lothario Wrote:  

Pros and Cons:

Assuming a similar level of game, the worse-looking guy opening boosts his value up so there's better odds of both guys doing well. But the better-looking guy has a better chance of opening well and as long as he's a good wingman to his mate following him in then everything's fine.

Otherwise, if there is a significant difference in their level of game, then the guy with the worse game should do it for the practice. Lower chance of successfully hooking but better in the long run.

Conclusion:
Better looking guy will usually hook better and can then use his influence on the set to get things going for both of them. But he should probably make his target fairly obvious early on so that the other girl doesn't spend the whole night competing with her friend and leaving out the worse looking guy. But that's all part of being a good wingman.

This is pretty solid.

I would say have the better looking guy open, as that can be the toughest part of the entire interaction.

Once the girls are open, the less attractive guy can run game on a non-cold girl, and his wing can support him by DHVing him.

Question about winging

The wings should discuss which girl they are interested in, then let the better looking guy open, simply because girls are usually more receptive to better looking men (unless they lack confidence and game)

When I'm out with my boys, I usually open - not because my friends are bad-looking, but some of them have approach anxiety.

Once they see me open they have no problem joining in and talking to the other girl.

...If the worse looking guy has much better social skills tho, than he should probably open.