rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Oh, I hope he talks to MEEEEEEEEeeeee ( Being Amazed)

Approach Story:

Yesterday I was in Discount Grocers, following up on my new USA Budget Locales strategy. Young chicks are broke and like dollar stores and Budget Groceries.

I was on line--probably one of the best gimmes in all pickup..
(a) you didn't approach HER, it JUST HAPPENED
(b) it will be a short interaction so there's no big pressure.
(ç) there's a built-in privacy opportunity afterwards to get her number-- typically out in the parking lot)
(d) The last thing they expect is some depraved, vampiristic sleazeball to try to pick them up there.

That's my cue!

The guy ahead of me was buying this mass package of bacon. It was like a plastic bubble with maybe 4-5 lbs of bacon in it. Since I am easily amused, and curious about very simple things I made a comment.

"Quite a mass of bacon you have there."

He explained it was a discount package because it was unevenly sized pieces of bacon.

"I see, so it's the same stuff..."

Behind me a was a rather cute, maybe 30 YO chick who I had seen arriving in the store and rated as a 5-6.

She had a lovely plant she was buying, and that immediately got my pre-school mind interested. It was something like an orchid, its flowers made of really exquisite purple splotched eggshell-colored petals.

"Wow, that's not real, is it?" I said as I peered exaggeratedly down into its plastic. +1 to Roosh for advocating playing dumb. Somehow women
find it both
(1) Funny and
(2) Disarming.

It shows you're socially aware and not a bore. It also probably reduce chances you are violent, because uptight fight-prone guys don't often make fun of themselves.

She asserted it was real, I looked at her and realized she was much more attractive than I had at first given her credit for.

Although not very thin, she had very big eyes ( a fave with me) and open facial expression ( low Ameribitch quotient) and was.... I think she was... SMILING AT ME. Yes, really!! An American girl smiled at a guy 27 years older than her!!

I leaned over the plant even MORE exaggeratedly, looking at it more closely..

"Can I touch it?" I asked as if it were a vintage Ferrari.

Now things got really wild and crazy. I was looking at the plant, but I think I heard her start to giggle, and she touched my arm!

"Of course"

I commented "It's beautiful, a lot of contrast" She agreed.

THen I blew it, turned away from her as the clerk focused on me, I finished my transaction, looked at her (She was now looking away, i think believing she had been too forward.) and said "Have a good afternoon" and I left.

I further blew another chance in the parking lot as I was getting my bicycle and she would be coming out.

BUT.. what did I learn?

I think I got a far better reception from opening her because I had talked to the guy in line before her, and passed a female "rough screening" for "crazy, creepy, wimpy"

So it got her hamster going "Attractive guy in vicinity, Attractive guy in vicinity, react positively if approached"

Even that tiny interaction with the guy gave her info on my tone of voice, social ability, and rouch assessment of general intellect.

So she was thinking, " I hope he notices MEEEEEeeeee.."

Better luck next time.

Lesson:

1) Being interested in mindless little details of life to a nearly comical degree loosens chicks up.

2) Opening up SOMEONE ELSE AROUND HER before you open her may allow you to pass a less rigorous screening avoiding activation of her Immediate Evaluation Device ( IED)

3) NEXT TIME... keep rambling on the subject she hooked on. Women are so dumb and/or love talking so much they could spend an hour discussing fingernail polish.

Great post. Great insights. I can tell you are approaching more and more. You need to do this more. You are learning some valuable lessons. You are very close to making a major day game breakthrough. You likely could have gone further with this girl.

This post has inspired me to create a thread on something I have been thinking about;

Quote: (06-24-2013 03:58 AM)iknowexactly Wrote:  

2) Opening up SOMEONE ELSE AROUND HER

My new thread on this is here:

"The LITERALLY In-Direct Approach"

Your day game powers are growing by the day!

Guys, I keep reading these approach threads and have to wonder am I missing something here. I don't use any approach tactics. I just either comments about something in the immediate environment or ask her a direct question. Seems like you guys are putting an awful lot of mental energy into something that should really be very simple.

Quote: (06-24-2013 04:59 PM)Nomad77 Wrote:  

Guys, I keep reading these approach threads and have to wonder am I missing something here. I don't use any approach tactics. I just either comments about something in the immediate environment or ask her a direct question. Seems like you guys are putting an awful lot of mental energy into something that should really be very simple.

I think all of this gamey stuff is pretty much nonsense. Chicks react to looks so you just gotta play the numbers and find girls who are into you thats all.

Hmmm, looks play a part BUT I think your Frame plays a bigger part. HOW (your vibe) you approach a girl will determine how she or anyone reacts to you more than how you look. Even with the best looks and Frame you are still playing a numbers game because you don't know what state any given girl is in e.g. she could have just lost her job or got into a fight with her mother.

Quote: (06-24-2013 06:16 PM)w00t Wrote:  

I think all of this gamey stuff is pretty much nonsense. Chicks react to looks so you just gotta play the numbers and find girls who are into you thats all.

Chicks react to WAY more than just looks. Looks play a significant enough part that any one particular rejection shouldn't bother you (everyone has preferences and physical things they find unattractive), but if you're getting a lot of rejection you can't blame it on being short or being ugly or being smelly (okay, that last one you can).

I live right near the beach and this guy who is always down there does tons of approaching. He'll even approach girls wearing nothing but a purple fucking speedo. He's pasty white, has a gut, and is older and not particularly good looking. Even with his lack of solid game, looks, and horrible clothing (or lack thereof) he still manages to get some long conversations with girls and has got numbers and actually gone out with girls from having the balls/uncaring attitude to do this. Blows my fucking mind.

Quote: (06-24-2013 03:58 AM)iknowexactly Wrote:  

Although not very thin, she had very big eyes ( a fave with me) and open facial expression ( low Ameribitch quotient) and was.... I think she was... SMILING AT ME. Yes, really!! An American girl smiled at a guy 27 years older than her!!

Fuck yes! That is so great to hear that a woman can be quickly attracted to a man 27 years her elder. Impressive. Makes me excited to keep dating younger women as I age and to see more approaching from you. Like others have said you seem real close to being much more successful.

Read My Old Blog - Subscribe To My Old Blog
Top Posts - Fake Rape? - Sex With A Tranny? - Rich MILF - What is a 9?

"Failure is just practice for success"

Agreed.

See girl I like, go over say hi and make an amusing observational comment. I don't see why I would ever need to make it more complicated than that. However I'm 38 so I'm in my prime, maybe when you're a little older like the OP you need to be less direct?

The plant is a metaphor for her vaginaa

Quote: (06-24-2013 06:22 PM)Nomad77 Wrote:  

Hmmm, looks play a part BUT I think your Frame plays a bigger part. HOW (your vibe) you approach a girl will determine how she or anyone reacts to you more than how you look. Even with the best looks and Frame you are still playing a numbers game because you don't know what state any given girl is in e.g. she could have just lost her job or got into a fight with her mother.

To be honest, I'm a little socially retarded, have been a bookworm all my life and have to really struggle just to open my mouth to a pretty girl. I'm also eccentric as hell, and it's hard for me to have a pedestrian conversation without going into some bizarre rant about ... who knows.

I mean, look at my writing...!

So all of this planning stuff helps me feel out situations where I feel more confident, which is a big thing.

Quote: (06-24-2013 09:46 PM)Lights Wrote:  

The plant is a metaphor for her vaginaa

HAhahhhah --Yes, it was totally like a slightly bloody vagina, nice catch, this looks a bit like it but the petals were wider/longer and each really looked like a shaved vulva... how hilarious and bizarre and cosmic.

Quote: (06-24-2013 09:44 PM)Vorkuta Wrote:  

I don't see why I would ever need to make it more complicated than that. However I'm 38 so I'm in my prime, maybe when you're a little older like the OP you need to be less direct?

Believe me, 55 is a whole different world than 38. She can brag about you to her friends, in the USA with me she'd have carefully shape the PR so she doesn't look desperate. I'll lie to her I'm 45, and she'll lie to her friends I'm 40 hahahhahaha.

Good thread. Recently I've been doing a lot more daygame and realising the barriers are all in my head. You really can go out there and just chat with everyone. Some girls will be into you, some won't. At the moment the problem is quickly screening time wasters who will be happy to go on a date with a foreigner out of curiosity (I'm in SEA) and those who are actually DTF.

Quote: (06-24-2013 06:16 PM)w00t Wrote:  

The problem is, though, that a lot of guys pass the threshold for good looks but blow it by the way they act, speak or move. Women are weird like that. With us, it's like "Well, if she's hot and she's not a bitch, I'm in!" Women are a different species.

How do I know? Because I lost countless opportunities by the way I acted in college. Here is one story. In my sophomore year I had long hair and played guitar and would come in the dorm at weird hours. The freshmen girls on my hall who didn't know me started to wonder about me and had built up this idea I was some wild rocker (i.e. bad boy). Keep in mind I'm pretty short and never had tattoos, so this was wholly in their imagination.

When they finally met me, things went south real quick. A bit later, one of the more forward ones told me why, sort of. When she found out I was raised in New York she said something like they could tell because they thought it was cool I dressed like the Ramones, but they were all put off because I acted like Woody Allen.

In other words: "We'd have fucked you but you ruined it." I was no model, but I passed a threshold, which I'm sure most of us do. This didn't matter all that much to be because I had a g/f at the time. But I ended up getting dumped and having these girls in reserve would have helped. Hence, I would have benefited from having a little more game. As I mentioned, I had some in high school but it got drummed out of me in college.

A little playful teasing instead of earnestness would have made all the difference. A little push-pull. But at the time I considered that high school immaturity. The Woody Allen thing only works in the movies or if you're a famous millionaire.

Quote: (06-24-2013 07:26 PM)AneroidOcean Wrote:  

I live right near the beach and this guy who is always down there does tons of approaching. He'll even approach girls wearing nothing but a purple fucking speedo. He's pasty white, has a gut, and is older and not particularly good looking. Even with his lack of solid game, looks, and horrible clothing (or lack thereof) he still manages to get some long conversations with girls and has got numbers and actually gone out with girls from having the balls/uncaring attitude to do this. Blows my fucking mind.

The speedo guy is comfortable in his own skin. Probably similar to how James Gandolfini was... RIP.

Being comfortable in your own skin with no self-doubts puts you light years ahead of an average guy with good looks.

LIGHT YEARS.