rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

"in field" experiences

"in field" experiences

I am pretty new to this stuff, and was interested in getting feedback from anyone that has paid for or done an "in field" coaching experience with a PUA coach. I am not looking for names of specific coaches for any free promotion of other coaches, just general info on whether these are worth the money. the one I am looking at is $1200 for a weekend, 8 hours each day for three days. thanks.

"in field" experiences

Give that $1200 to one of the board members here, and have them take you out for the weekend.

"in field" experiences

Quote: (06-20-2013 10:51 AM)Pacific Wrote:  

Give that $1200 to one of the board members here, and have them take you out for the weekend.

more than happy to, I live in NYC. still begs the question, are these woftam or of value?

"in field" experiences

I haven't, but there are whole forums dedicated to instructor reviews.

As for the value, it's like meeting with a personal trainer once, and then expecting to become a bodybuilder. That's why pickup coaches fail to teach pickup and fail as businesses. 1200 bucks would be 24 one hour sessions over 8 weeks with a personal trainer. The coach will correct your form, and you will see progress.

In my opinion, a weekend isn't long enough to make lasting progress.

WIA

"in field" experiences

For $1200 you could buy 3 decent suits, a nice haircut, and a gym membership.

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

"in field" experiences

you must be very frustrated.....sure if you can get better by just spending $1200 or even $10,000, why not? but it's not like that....

you will realize this is life time learning thing.

this is what I can only advise. 'The answer is within yourself'

"in field" experiences

Quote: (06-20-2013 08:55 PM)Gmac Wrote:  

have all that, just at the beginning, want to learn and do

"in field" experiences

Quote: (06-20-2013 10:45 PM)puckman Wrote:  

If you have all that, read through a few threads on going out solo and then just go out!

There is going to be no substitute for practice, so you are much better off going out, being social and talking to girls even if it doesn't lead to anything initially.

I don't know which PUA instructor you plan on attending these field sessions with or whatever, but to be brutally honest I just don't see how it is beneficial to anyone. I have actually run in to such field sessions by accident and it did not look like it was going to help anyone.

Below is one incident from late last year:

At one of my usual spots in LKF (Hong Kong) I see a bunch of dudes standing besides me and intently watching a guy speaking to a girl for a few minutes and then he comes back talks to them for a while and then he does the same thing again and again with different girls.

I overheard bits and pieces of the conversation so I was curious as to what these guys were doing, so I ask them. It turns out they are all from China and on a field session with their PUA instructor. Obviously I have no information on this PUA instructor, but the whole setup was stupid beyond means.

Apparently, he would pick a girl then tell these guys how he was going to open her and then do it while they watched from over 10 - 12 feet. And then after a few of these, he would select a target for each of the students and discuss what they could open the target with etc and lay out a plan for him to carry out.

As you can see from the above this was not going to help anyone, so all in all the entire exercise seemed to be a waste of time given that they were paying some exorbitant fees to this instructor and travelled from over China to Hong Kong for a field session.

This is just an example of something I saw in real life, obviously maybe other members might suggest that it might help you out with a "good instructor" but as far as I concerned it is pointless and not going to help you much.

So my two cents, forget about field sessions, dress nicely and head out on the weekends or even on a daily basis and have a good time with that $$. Try talking to girls yourself even if it leads to rejections and doesn't pan out, in the long run you will learn much more!

Game is not about sex. Sex is a by-product, albeit an excellent one, it is the thrill of the hunt!!

"in field" experiences

LOL at least he was demonstrating in front of his students than just telling them 'open her'.

Was he doing well? you could be a world class PUA but not every girl is going to be receptive to your approach IMO

Quote: (06-21-2013 12:14 AM)skulled Wrote:  

Quote: (06-20-2013 10:45 PM)puckman Wrote:  

If you have all that, read through a few threads on going out solo and then just go out!

There is going to be no substitute for practice, so you are much better off going out, being social and talking to girls even if it doesn't lead to anything initially.

I don't know which PUA instructor you plan on attending these field sessions with or whatever, but to be brutally honest I just don't see how it is beneficial to anyone. I have actually run in to such field sessions by accident and it did not look like it was going to help anyone.

Below is one incident from late last year:

At one of my usual spots in LKF (Hong Kong) I see a bunch of dudes standing besides me and intently watching a guy speaking to a girl for a few minutes and then he comes back talks to them for a while and then he does the same thing again and again with different girls.

I overheard bits and pieces of the conversation so I was curious as to what these guys were doing, so I ask them. It turns out they are all from China and on a field session with their PUA instructor. Obviously I have no information on this PUA instructor, but the whole setup was stupid beyond means.

Apparently, he would pick a girl then tell these guys how he was going to open her and then do it while they watched from over 10 - 12 feet. And then after a few of these, he would select a target for each of the students and discuss what they could open the target with etc and lay out a plan for him to carry out.

As you can see from the above this was not going to help anyone, so all in all the entire exercise seemed to be a waste of time given that they were paying some exorbitant fees to this instructor and travelled from over China to Hong Kong for a field session.

This is just an example of something I saw in real life, obviously maybe other members might suggest that it might help you out with a "good instructor" but as far as I concerned it is pointless and not going to help you much.

So my two cents, forget about field sessions, dress nicely and head out on the weekends or even on a daily basis and have a good time with that $$. Try talking to girls yourself even if it leads to rejections and doesn't pan out, in the long run you will learn much more!

"in field" experiences

Quote: (06-21-2013 08:01 PM)Sebastian Wrote:  

LOL at least he was demonstrating in front of his students than just telling them 'open her'.

Was he doing well? you could be a world class PUA but not every girl is going to be receptive to your approach IMO

^ True!

He wasn't doing all that well from what I saw. I think he knew a few things about PUA, read a few books, attended a few in field sessions himself either in China or elsewhere and figured heck I can make some money out of this.

He was imparting & practising the whole PUA shebang, pea-cocking, negging, using terms like DHV, IOI etc. The pea-cocking was painfully funny, one guy was wearing a cowboy hat!

[Image: i-dont-always-wear-a-cowboy-hat-but-when...at-you.jpg]

Game is not about sex. Sex is a by-product, albeit an excellent one, it is the thrill of the hunt!!

"in field" experiences

My dislike with most PUA courses, other than the fees, is how gimmicky they are. They try to turn you into salesmen, using lines and openers. You could get a better education looking at videos on youtube how to open girls initially, and just going ahead and doing it. Don't get sucked into the life of "k close", "f close", "ioi" and all that.

Having a normal conversation with girls won't hurt, it'll get you used to it no matter how far you get. The thing that gets you the most girls, in my opinion, is inner game and that's built over time and is something that can't be taught.

What I find works best is taking baby steps. Getting out 10 approaches and focusing on just approaching first. Then when they're out of the way, you take the next step and focus on communicating sexually to a girl, getting her into a conversation, getting her hooked, or whatever it is you feel you need next.

Don't spend over $1000 on it. $500 would be alright, but $1000 is way too much in my opinion.

"in field" experiences

On my own I went out and got six numbers today from all very attractive woman while walking down the street in NYC. Its all about confidence. I had probably the most awful online date ever last night from Tinder, and I was so pissed this morning I just went out and started asking every gorgeous chic I saw her number. I probably could have gotten 10 or more, and this was only in three hours. All day game. Several have texted me back and sent me pics. I met a few Russian chics and I throw those numbers away, have no interest in Russians. I got a few earlier this week too. I have to thank this board and Roosh's books to get me off my ass. My goal is 100 numbers by July 31. I have 91 to go. If I really work it, I could easily pull 20 in a day, on a weekend day. Converting these numbers to actual dates is my next step, for now, it feels good to have successful approaches.

A few things I learned today;

- Asking a chic about her accessory - phone/dog/shoes, etc is probably the easiest way to start a conversation.
- Women are friendly usually. Latin woman usually laugh and smile. Russian woman are cold.
- It fucking fun.
- Be memorable and slow down. I tend to rush.
- If a woman is on the subway/platform and she is on her phone I ask her "Do you get a signal down here?"

What does all this mean? I think I proved to myself today that a $1200 weekend experience is worthless. All I need to do is get out there and talk to women... duh.

"in field" experiences

Forget about setting a goal of 100 numbers - bangs are all that count.

"in field" experiences

Quote: (06-22-2013 08:31 PM)LooTa Wrote:  

Forget about setting a goal of 100 numbers - bangs are all that count.

true, but the right ones count more and I would rather find them and talk to them than just go for easy bangs of marginal women