rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Go-girl-ism in Superman?

Go-girl-ism in Superman?

I want to go see the new superman movie. I'm not going if there is a ton of super-empowerment go girl! type stuff. Superman really needs to be a masculine, take no shit character.

To those who have seen it, should i go?

Go-girl-ism in Superman?

Naw, one of the supervillains Faora is a tough bitch giving Supes a hard time in hand to hand, but she looks like a dyke. Plus Lois is kept in check several times in the movie.

Why did you expect super-empowerment go girl stuff in the film?

Go-girl-ism in Superman?

Saw it in IMAX 3d, well worth the extra $5.

Lois Lane does need that element of empowered female to her character, IMO, she is a brave chick. But she's not arrogant or stubborn, Amy Adams portrays her well. This movie IS all about the Man of Steel, Clark isn't a yutz like Christopher Reeve played him to be. He's a strong roughneck type of guy with good values in this one.

Go see it, the timeline jumps so you don't spend the first half of the movie waiting for anything good to happen like most origin story films. The concepts for kryptonian technology are pretty cool, and the costuming is pretty sweet. Zack Snyder did an awesome job with this one.

"Make a little music everyday 'til you die"

Voice teacher here. If you ever need help with singing, speech and diction, accent improvement/reduction, I'm your man.

Go-girl-ism in Superman?

Amy Adams looks 40 in this movie. Not sure why. It was a fun movie. Michael Shannon is an excellent villian. He is great in Boardwalk Empire and his eyes seem actually undercontrol as well. I think he has a lazy eye. I did not like the super bitch, but there was on in the Christopher Reeves version with Terrence Stamp as well. I haven't seen that though.

Go-girl-ism in Superman?

I couldn't enjoy it; the movie just reinforces patriarchal norms and entrenches gender stereotypes.

Why would a strong, independent careerwoman like Lois Lane need a man, especially some brute whose most notable feature is his physical strength and who is afraid of green rocks?

We all know that strength is just a social construct--a cultural invention designed to elevate men and subjugate women--so it was but his privilege as a white male Kryptonian that let him lift heavy things and fly--and at no point in the movie did I see his privilege checked.

Men with muscles are so unattractive, we all know they're just compensating for their insecurities because they don't feel man enough without them. I see this insecurity isn't limited to Earth-borne men.

#NoSingleMoms
#NoHymenNoDiamond
#DontWantDaughters

Go-girl-ism in Superman?

I thought that Amy Adams looked kinda like she was hiding a bit of fat .

Superman definitely traded down with her.

***Spoiler***

Perry white and Jor-el were the true alphas, Perry white gave Lois shit for messing up her job, 3 week suspension, and never looks phased by her even once. Jor el was stoic alpha. For me those two stole the show as good supporting.

Go-girl-ism in Superman?

Superman's biggest enemy is probably his galactic load.

He must work really hard to prevent from shooting through Lois' head into space.

Go-girl-ism in Superman?

Quote: (06-20-2013 06:55 AM)soup Wrote:  

Superman's biggest enemy is probably his galactic load.

He must work really hard to prevent from shooting through Lois' head into space.

relevant

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV