rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

gaming in small towns, target poor locations

I did two approaches tonight at a local small town bar and got soft rejected both times after about fifteen minutes. My next step was to bounce and wait at the biggest bar in town for three hours but only found one approachable woman, she was with her husband. The ratios here are awful but nobody has game.

My question here is, what do you guys do when there's (for example) only two or three bangable girls in the entire place? I can't just shotgun six or seven approaches like I'd do in a town with 300k people.

I have a job here for three months so I'm not looking for an answer like "Yeah man, you better just move". No worries, this is going to happen eventually.

What do you guys do differently? I can be realistic about low success rates (and probably an LTR since my game is not that tight) but once the approach is blown nothing can be done. Should I hit up the Mystery Method and do more elaborate shit? Reapproaches? I'm at a loss here.

In the meantime I'm going to hit up okcupid or pof, graduating from school takes adjusting.

Thanks guys, looking for good responses.

Quote: (06-15-2013 12:46 AM)Hades Wrote:  

I did two approaches tonight at a local small town bar and got soft rejected both times after about fifteen minutes. My next step was to bounce and wait at the biggest bar in town for three hours but only found one approachable woman, she was with her husband. The ratios here are awful but nobody has game.

My question here is, what do you guys do when there's (for example) only two or three bangable girls in the entire place? I can't just shotgun six or seven approaches like I'd do in a town with 300k people.

I have a job here for three months so I'm not looking for an answer like "Yeah man, you better just move". No worries, this is going to happen eventually.

What do you guys do differently? I can be realistic about low success rates (and probably an LTR since my game is not that tight) but once the approach is blown nothing can be done. Should I hit up the Mystery Method and do more elaborate shit? Reapproaches? I'm at a loss here.

In the meantime I'm going to hit up okcupid or pof, graduating from school takes adjusting.

Thanks guys, looking for good responses.

The solution is a kind of quasi-social circle game. You only have three months so you're not building a real social circle. However, you have more than enough time to develop a good reputation and acquaintances that you can parlay.

So, if you go to the local dive where there's only a couple of hot chicks and they blow you out, start talking to guys there or to not-so-bangable girls. Shoot the breeze, buy them some shots (yup, the only time you want to buy someone a drink is when you *don't* want to sleep with them) and just have a good time. This is the perfect time to act like a beta and talk about sports with the guys. Willy nilly, you'll find girls starting to come around to say hi to their friend and otherwise bask in your presence, if not the first night then the next weekend. They'll be curious about the new guy. From there you can have your friend introduce you and game away. This kind of slow approach is a way of upping the odds in an environment where the number of worthwhile girls is limited.

Night game in small towns is tough-they don't have many venues, you see the same people all the time, girls friends, acquaintances and enemies are always around so you're getting cockblocked constantly, and her ex boyfriends will show up and cause various problems

The solution- Daygame! In a small town you can't really do street or shopping mall game but you can hit up girls as you take care of personal business. See El Mech daygame thread for good suggestions. You can talk to girls without their friends being around and they'll be more open to you. Number close and take them on a date to a Mexican restaurant or similar-small town girls are easy to impress. Then back to your or her place to watch a movie and smash.

"If anything's gonna happen, it's gonna happen out there!- Captain Ron

damn im on this same dillema right now! Everyone knows eachother

I'm in a similar situation. I haven't had much success, but things have been going good for the amount of effort I've been putting in. And to add onto what the others said.

You have to think in terms of the small town people. They see a dude like yourself come into the bar and start chatting girls up. Since everyone knows everyone they're weary of strangers. You have to prove to them you're just like them. The easiest way is to be friendly to everyone. I've been shopping at the same grocery store at the same time and have started to chat up all the employees. They're much more friendly. Same with the gym. Everyone kind of knows eachother there and stared at me when I first started lifting. Now after a while they're asking for spots and I'm saying what up to people when I go in.

That being said you have to run contrary game, but not so much that you're seen as a weirdo. People here dress like slobs. I wear desert boots, dark jeans and a vneck and it puts me miles above the other guys in Walmart jeans, floppy sneakers and t-shirts 2 sizes to big. I get stares, I've had an old lady hit on me.

Since you're only there for a few months I suggest going out as much as you possibly can and being friendly with every bartender, server, barista, and cashier you meet. When you're talking to a cute girl and the cashier smiles andwaves the girl is going to think you're "accepted" by the community.

Since ill be in my small town for a while ill have to get a solid method down. I have a few more theories that I'd like to test out.

Quote: (06-15-2013 12:46 AM)Hades Wrote:  

define your blow outs. they tell you to leave? they don't contribute? they don't give you signals?

"Where the bitches at?"

They're not at the bars and clubs.

For Day Game - university areas and malls
For Night Game - seems like you're out of luck, but talk to a local and see if there's a good night during the week.

Overall - it means creating a weak social circle and getting invited to/finding out about what the people do when they're not at home.

Expert level? Strictly for Live Men, not for Freshmen - Throw a party - create a scene from whole cloth. This is very doable if you understand young people and have your finger on the pulse of pop culture. It might be trying to get School Boy Q to come perform, or finding some b-tier dub step dj, or throwing a "white party" (where everyone comes dressed in white)

The advantage to a small town is that you can find a very bored and captive audience and you can reinvent yourself. NPR had a story about some NYC dude who moved to Vermont, hit em with some flim flam, and before you know it, they were shooting a Mobster Movie with everyone in the town as Actors and Extra, being bankrolled by people in the Town.

Created something out of nothing.

This is higher level game though, and it only favors the bold. If you're typical M.O. is seeking out the cute tipsy girls, kino, isolate, mug down, and bounce - you're gonna have problems.

WIA