rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Archer: The Narcissistic Sexual Hierarchy & The Importance Of Mothering

[Image: archer-season-three-dvd-cover-22.jpg]

Archer, as most likely already known, is a phenomenal show. It is very well written, the jokes are fantastic and the characters are original & engaging. You can come at this show in many ways, but for this writeup I will just be looking at the sexual hierarchy reflected in the show and Archer & Malory’s relationship.

Overview Of The Show

Archer is show about a spy agency, ISIS and their general quirkiness. The agency is headed by Archer’s mother, Malory. He is an international spy who works with his ex-girlfriend Lana Kane, who is usually more competent than he. The accountant for the agency is Cyril Figgis. There are more characters, but are not relevant here.

The show is fairly surreal in the sense there is mixing of time periods. The show looks like a 60’s spy cartoon, but the references in the show are to contemporary culture. The style of dress is based out of the 60’s and the history of the characters – such as Woodhouse serving in WWI – reinforces the show is really in the 60’s. However, they use modern technology like GPS, but also use outdated technology like reel-to-reel tape. Let’s talk about the relevant four characters.

[Image: archer-gun.jpeg]

Sterling Malory Archer: Also known as “Duchess.” A classic, narcissistic alpha. He is an international spy who is handsome, jacked and always suited down. He is proficient at driving, martial arts and weaponry. However, his primary concern is drinking and playing the field. He has serious anti-social issues and narcissistic issues. His ex-girlfriend is fellow spy Lana Kane and she still is deeply enamored with him.

[Image: 233px-Maloryarcher.jpg]

Malory Archer: Sterling’s mother. A cruel, narcissistic woman - a particularly loathsome woman. She has the ability to turn on the charm and regularly seduces powerful men. She was a terrible mother who treated Archer like shit. You see where his complexes come from. However, as with any draining relationship, Malory & Archer need each other to bolster their self-identity. She is a clear alcoholic and hatches ridiculous plans that invariably blow up.

[Image: BuCBcOU.jpg]

Lana Kane: A tall, gorgeous dark-skinned woman. She is very competent and often bails Archer out. She is in love with Archer, but his instability prevents a relationship. She is often made because she plays second fiddle to Archer due to Archer being Malory’s son.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRxAha9NWMlqE1FYgCY5BQ...OrwoaT_W9g]

Cyril Figgis: Comptroller for ISIS. He is competent at his job, but is a hopeless beta. He is insecure and often tongue-tied. He is the victim of office politics because he doesn’t understand how to manipulate power. He dated Lana in Season 1, but, of course, that relationship did not last. Lana never said she loved him and often balked at public recognition of their relationship.

Sexual Hierarchy In The Show

[Image: 627.jpg?3725]

Consider my narcissistic sexual hierarchy thread. In the show, we see it embodied with Archer, Lana and Cyril.

Archer is an alpha, with his pick of the women. Every other female (sans his mother) wants Archer's dick - just the tip? Sorry, had to. Anyway, Archer - given his personality - exploits this with ruthless abandon. Cyril resents him, as Archer treats him as an inferior and often fucks with him - often times with hilarious results.

Lana is a typical woman trapped between an alpha & a beta. She, of course, burns with desire for Archer, but she can only lock Cyril down. My theory is she dated Cyril so she could treat him like Archer treated her. However, when women in are control they are never satisfied with the relationship. Her treatment of Cyril mirrors the indifferent, sometimes cruel, way Archer would treat Lana.

When she found out Cyril was cheating, it was the end of the relationship. Women will only stick around here only if they are in complete control of the man. With him cheating, it set her off because it showed she couldn't even completely control a weak beta.

Notice how narcissistic Archer is and how Lana, despite their fighting, will submit to his frame. She is a classic codependent with Archer, but becomes a compensatory narcissist with Cyril. Do note sometimes, like here, compensatory narcissist can be worse than a clinical narcissist as they want to act out so badly - when it does come out it is downright brutal and vindictive.

Archer & Malory: The Wages Of A Narcissistic Mother

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTzlEKnGLcsV-N3brT4xcW...5IFLmKku1-]

This is the meat of this post. Archer & Malory have a sick relationship. She is a classic, cold narcissist. She left Archer in his most tender years to be raised by her butler, Woodhouse. She would show up intermittently, bearing gifts. Classic narcissistic move - gain approval, then dump on them.

The characters complain about Archer & Malory's relationship, sometimes intoning it is incestuous. It certainly isn't physical, but you could call it emotional incestuous. Lana & Malory clash often over Archer. Malory can't have any woman get too close to Archer. One of the psychological issues that causes playerhood is this sort of relationship - unable to bond significantly to any one woman, they just hop beds.

When women complain about men having mommy issues, if they just aren't running their mouth, they are commenting on a man who has a narcissistic mother who needs her son's worship. This is reflected in Archer, but let me bring in Hank Moody from Californication.

Hank Moody is the consummate smooth player. This cat is good looking, a supreme social manipulator and has a silver tongue, bar none. Men develop these sorts of characteristics in order to meet the approval of their mother. Sensing their mother's disapproval, they seek to be interesting to women, empathize with women, etc. I recall some criticism of Moody on this forum, but he isn't a white-knight. He is a man that needs female approval, but then will go cold after he secures that. His empathy with women was his way of trying to gain his mother's approval. When his mother was down, he would console her & all that stuff.

[Image: archer-pingpong.gif]

Back to Archer, he has this relationship with his mother. Note he works directly for his mother - a continuation of their relationship in which they need each other. They both drain each other, but Malory has the upper hand. She is the more narcissistic of two, as Archer developed an anti-social complex in order to cope with his lack of motherly love.

Let's consider women who are whores. Malory is a true whore - she has slept with many, many men and balances many dalliances. Some people have this idea that women can't be players, but many are - never in the way men are! - however, they are often narcissists. Note that Archer became a player - Archer sensed, as a child, that he could get motherly approval if he learned game. He saw all the dudes she dallied with and had sex with. Malory plays men against each other - if you want to game Malory, you better be either a narcissist or player of the supreme order.

When women are narcissists, male children often become a reflection of the woman sees herself as. My mother considers herself an intellectual. Is it any surprise I doubled down on developing my mind? Sometimes I wish that if had to have a narcissistic mother, it would be one that values players like Malory.

Back on track, this highlights the importance of healthy motherhood. I recently talked about the importance of fatherhood. However, motherhood is critical too - most importantly to a boy's ability to relate to females.

Boys need positive female role models in order to have healthy relationships with females as an adult. The small minority develop player complexes, like Archer or Moody, most develop codependent qualities, like Cyril. Neither are desirable for society. Personally, men like Archer & Moody, do what they do to compensate for personal unhappiness. They don't seek out new women because that is truly what they want - they want superficial female approval, then dump them once they get that.

Men like Cyril go the other way - the way of the simp. They supplicate themselves before women in order to gain their approval. A common feminist complaint is that "nice guys" feel "entitled" to sex & relationships because they have their social approval. Of course, feminists engage in what causes the issue in men - superficial analysis & approval. They don't dig deep into the "nice guy" psyche. These men prostrate themselves before women because that is what their mother expected from them as a child.

Also, consider the school system, which a major contributor to simpy men. Honestly, I fully support single-sex schools for young boys and only allow men to teach the boys. What female teachers do to young boys is teach them to supplicate to women. Feminists get angry at these beta men because they haven't become their own person and need female approval to bolster their identity. However, what really enrages feminists is women's inability to groom boys into healthy men.

We see this in defiant single-mothers who are utterly convinced they don't need a man. The black community reflects this and discussions of fatherhood & masculinity are always loaded with black women. I got some vitriolic looks in the CRT class I took when I discussed the plight of the black male and the lack of true fathers figures for black boys. Women don't want to hear all that nonsense the boys need a father - they want to believe they can do it all themselves with no male input. The saddest of this self-absorbed situation is that boys pay the price for their mother's ignorance.

Bringing this full circle, when men are subject to terrible mothering, they develop serious complexes with respects to the females in their life. Sometimes, they become players like Archer. However, the most likely result is a thirsty-ass simp like Cyril whose primary way to relate to women is via supplication.

They ain't paying for me it, but you had better start watching the show now!

Quote:Old Chinese Man Wrote:  
why you wonder how many man another man bang? why you care who bang who mr high school drama man

Do It's always sunny next

As always great posts.

Great post. Archer is a top notch show, there's so many important lessons that fit right in with this forum.

e.g:
Never pay for a date - "just the tip".
Be demanding and expect others to obey.

There's also the way that Archer goofs off all the time but when it comes down to it he's incredibly competent at his job. Totally the opposite of standard teachings about the incompetent goof.

"I'd hate myself if I had that kind of attitude, if I were that weak." - Arnold

Really good read, you're becoming one of my favorite posters here on rvf. Keep it going.

The funniest show on television. And as usual, a great post.

"Feminism is a trade union for ugly women"- Peregrine

Quote: (06-13-2013 05:29 AM)crippler Wrote:  

Never pay for a date - "just the tip".

That's not the tip he's talking about...

Thanks for the feedback ya'll.

@Fisto: I was actually thinking about Sunny last night. just need a theme - the incompetency of my generation?

Quote:Old Chinese Man Wrote:  
why you wonder how many man another man bang? why you care who bang who mr high school drama man

Quote: (06-13-2013 06:03 PM)2Wycked Wrote:  

Thanks for the feedback ya'll.

@Fisto: I was actually thinking about Sunny last night. just need a theme - the incompetency of my generation?

Mac's the more interesting character study. He's got all those psychological problems from childhood neglect, plus we've all seen the effect a simple pen can have on a man like him.

I never thought Dennis was totally congruent since they keep trying to hint that he's a psychopath when he clearly isn't. Charlie is too much like Kramer from Seinfeld: not a real character that could exist but the show's "clown". Dee's just the female version of the same narcissist parent routine (from her mother), she's the fantasy world type narcissist (acting career) instead of the real world accomplishment type narcissist.

Yo anyone still watching this show? I recently started watching the show watched all episodes, on the new season now. Show seems to have changed a bit over the years. Still good though.

The rewards I see from working is what made me an addict.
There's way more people that want it than people that have it.

I'm still deciding what I think of the "Archer Vice" thing. Still pretty damn good though.

Yeah, it's not as bad as I see some comments making it out to be got some good laughs out of it. Is it me or does Pam not look as fat now.

Quote: (02-10-2014 09:12 PM)YoungDominican Wrote:  

Yeah, it's not as bad as I see some comments making it out to be got some good laughs out of it. Is it me or does Pam not look as fat now.
She was addicted to coke so she lost weight.

Quote: (02-10-2014 09:12 PM)YoungDominican Wrote:  

They made her less fat because of her incredible cocaine binges in the last few episodes. Another kind of "positive eating disorder", albeit an expensive one.

So, yeah, she's gotten skinnier.

You don't get there till you get there

Ah yeah makes sense, Bitch is eating all the drugs.

Pam absolutely ruins the show for me, but I do my best to block her out. Hate her character so much. also hate how there was a space episode where Archer bangs her...gross.

If anything the only things making me watch the show are Archer and Lana and their quick tongues.

Yeah Pam used to piss me off before in the earlier episodes, especially the episode where they made her an agent. Now not so much, I guess I just got used to her character. Plus she's keeping the fatties happy and away from eating the producers.

I like Pam being a part of the show for the simple fact Malory, Archer and most everyone else fat shame her.

Unheard of these days.

Thing is, now with the epic coke use she's thinned down.

Kept her tits though.lolzzzz

Best animated show I have seen so far.

Makes me lol out loud at least one per episode. Which is more than any other comedy.

This show has been too much of an influence on me.... I can't stop calling a womans mouth her Cock-Holster.

The less fucks you give, the more fucks you get.

It's funny how a lot of these contemporary cartoon sitcoms illustrate red pill wisdom really well. Here's a post I made a while back about the character Stan from American Dad!

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-30106-...#pid579534

[Image: Good+Ol+stan.+Saw+on+american+dad+just+h...735306.jpg]

It's interesting that Archer, Family Guy and American Dad, popular animated shows all, have leading men that generally spew "red pill" constantly while I cannot think of a sitcom since Married with Children that does the same.

Perhaps the fact they are animated makes it more palatable to the masses, whereas a sitcom would be too real for the majority.

Quote: (02-11-2014 11:05 AM)Hotwheels Wrote:  

It's interesting that Archer, Family Guy and American Dad, popular animated shows all, have leading men that generally spew "red pill" constantly while I cannot think of a sitcom since Married with Children that does the same.

Perhaps the fact they are animated makes it more palatable to the masses, whereas a sitcom would be too real for the majority.

Yep, bingo. Parker and Stone of "South Park" have said it themselves. The character of Eric Cartman is taken from Archie Bunker. Yet they knew they could only get away with someone like that today if he were animated, and an 8 year old kid.

Also, South Park is the best animated show of the modern age. I think the "Book of Mormon" period downswing is turning around again.

You don't get there till you get there