rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Sucker punch fail

Sucker punch fail

Sucker punch fail

"How do you feel? I took that like a man, you're a little bitch".

Damn right you did.

It's not really worth watching after the 30 second mark.

Sucker punch fail

Gradually losing faith in mankind...

Sucker punch fail

This happened when out with my brother once. My brother was talking smack to some guy and he said "go ahead, hit me" and the guy leaned in and the guy cracked him right in the face. My brother just turns his face back to him and says "is that all you've got?". The guy then went for the "my friends had better hold me back" routine and my brother laughed as they walked him away.

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV

Sucker punch fail

But WHY did the punch fail? He put a lot of body into it.

Sucker punch fail

Damn sounded like a pretty solid shot. That fella took it like a champ.....

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

Sucker punch fail

Quote: (06-09-2013 08:45 AM)Roosh Wrote:  

I'd say it's more a case of the guy lifts and thinks that equals strength and fighting prowess.

Sucker punch fail

The guy who got hit was leaning up against the wall and relaxed. His whole body moved when he got hit so I don't think his head actually absorbed that much of the punch. If he'd been stiff he probably would have been more phased.

Sucker punch fail

Not sure why a sucker punch would be anything but a fail.

Must've hurt a lot, what a fucking idiot.

Sucker punch fail

1) He hit him on the jaw line not the chin

2) Exactly what Ensam said.

Sucker punch fail

Also the guy who was doing the punching kinda popped his elbow into it and that prevented him from using all his power.. Simply put he didn't know what he was doing.

Sucker punch fail

Look at how extended his arm is when the fist connects. The guy throwing the punch was too much of a bitch to get close enough for the other guy to get the full strength of the punch. The further your arm is extended when you connect the less impact all of the body weight you are throwing into a punch will have. Basically he was scared to get close, and punched slightly out of his range.

Also his fist didn't seem to be moving too fast, another case of lifting weights in the gym doesn't always equate to a strong punch.

Sucker punch fail

How far was the puncher's center of mass from the punchee when the punch connected? Also, was the center of mass moving forward and how fast was it moving forward?

Sucker punch fail

It was a slow, slappy punch. He lifts his back leg and pole vaults over his front leg to reach. He's doing this because he's a short little guido reaching up to hit a guy a head taller than him. It's a rare meathead that actually knows how to punch, and this guy is no different.

More importantly, the guy taking the punch moved with it and received it well, so all its energy went into moving him down the hall rather than breaking skin and bruising internal stuff. He took the punch and changed it into a push. I don't think he did it intentionally from training, but that's how it worked out.

"Alpha children wear grey. They work much harder than we do, because they're so frightfully clever. I'm awfully glad I'm a Beta, because I don't work so hard. And then we are much better than the Gammas and Deltas. Gammas are stupid. They all wear green, and Delta children wear khaki. Oh no, I don't want to play with Delta children. And Epsilons are still worse. They're too stupid to be able to read or write. Besides they wear black, which is such a beastly color. I'm so glad I'm a Beta."
--Aldous Huxley, Brave New World

Sucker punch fail

I took a sucker punch like this in a bar once. Same exact thing happened. I just looked at the guy and go, "Are you fucking kidding me?" Just like in this video the guy was too surprised and/or pussy to do anything else after his sucker punch failed. He just stood there like an idiot and security dragged him out a few seconds later.

I was pretty drunk at the time, which might have helped me absorb the punch by staying loose and not tensed up. I would be willing to bet the guy who got hit in this video had also been drinking. Something about being drunk makes your body loosen up and helps protect you from injuries. You see it a lot in DUI crashes where the drunk will somehow walk away from a wreck that killed the people in the other car.

[size=8pt]"For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.”[/size] [size=7pt] - Romans 8:18[/size]

Sucker punch fail

Quote: (06-09-2013 10:48 AM)Blackhawk Wrote:  

It was a slow, slappy punch. He lifts his back leg and pole vaults over his front leg to reach.

I don't see what your talking about. I saw half a step forward, not a pole vault. This guy ain't Anderson Silva but calling that a weak punch is ridiculous. Ive seen dudes KO'd from a lot less.

Quote:Quote:

More importantly, the guy taking the punch moved with it and received it well, so all its energy went into moving him down the hall rather than breaking skin and bruising internal stuff. He took the punch and changed it into a push. I don't think he did it intentionally from training, but that's how it worked out.

He didn't move with it, he was sucker punched. Calling it a push when someone takes a full wind up is silly. It was a solid shot to an unsuspecting target.

Lets give credit where it is due. Buddy can take a punch and guido doesn't know that jaw is different from chin.

Sucker punch fail

Simple... the douchebag punshes him on the upper part of the jaw/middle of the head. If it was on the cheek (causing the brain to slap against the skull) then he would proably feel dizzy or get knocked out.

Hope he press charges!

Sucker punch fail

This thread needs Fisto.

You don't KO someone from hitting them in the cheek. The best places to hit someones head are the chin, behind the ear and in the back of the head. Hitting someone on the chin will hurt your hand the least.

Sucker punch fail

The guy took it like a champ, but let's see what his face looks like the day after.

"...so I gave her an STD, and she STILL wanted to bang me."

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

Sucker punch fail

Quote: (06-09-2013 11:31 AM)Jaylow Wrote:  

This thread needs Fisto.

You don't KO someone from hitting them in the cheek. The best places to hit someones head are the chin, behind the ear and in the back of the head. Hitting someone on the chin will hurt your hand the least.

Knock outs are caused by hitting the head so heard that the brain crashes into the walls of your skull, or something like that. You can KO someone from hitting them on the cheek, sure it's not as optimal as the chin but it works.

Sucker punch fail

Quote: (06-09-2013 08:47 AM)MattC Wrote:  

I'd say it's more a case of the guy lifts and thinks that equals strength and fighting prowess.

This. Lucas Matthysse wouldn't be able to out-lift any bodybuilder, but he'd drop any of them with a single shot if it was a sucker punch like this.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. - H L Mencken

Sucker punch fail

Quote: (06-09-2013 11:35 AM)SexualHarrasmentPanda Wrote:  

Quote: (06-09-2013 11:31 AM)Jaylow Wrote:  

This thread needs Fisto.

Knock outs are caused by hitting the head so heard that the brain crashes into the walls of your skull, or something like that. You can KO someone from hitting them on the cheek, sure it's not as optimal as the chin but it works.

Specifically hitting on the chin makes most of the force travel up through the jawbone and jar the brain inside it's suspension, hitting the front, then the back of the skull. That front/back combo is like Ctrl+Alt+Delete for the brain, instant shutdown mode.

Sucker punch fail

I mean the chin...sorry... The lower part of your jaw, next to your mouth. Thought that was the cheek. My english got the better of me.

Sucker punch fail

I agree that the point of the chin, creating a snap, is the optimal place to connect to get a knockout. But if you watched the Chad Dawson/Adonis Stevenson fight last night, you'll notice that getting caught on the upper jaw, where it connects to the skull behind the ear, is a pretty good spot to catch if you want to put a guy out. On top of it, it was the equivalent of a sucker punch in that Dawson didn't see it coming. Fighters will all tell you that those are the most dangerous.

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

Sucker punch fail

Quote: (06-09-2013 03:04 PM)Timoteo Wrote:  

I agree that the point of the chin, creating a snap, is the optimal place to connect to get a knockout. But if you watched the Chad Dawson/Adonis Stevenson fight last night, you'll notice that getting caught on the upper jaw, where it connects to the skull behind the ear, is a pretty good spot to catch if you want to put a guy out. On top of it, it was the equivalent of a sucker punch in that Dawson didn't see it coming. Fighters will all tell you that those are the most dangerous.

That was a mighty shot from Stevenson. Exquisite, they'd definitely worked on that shot in the gym. He's going on to fight one of my countrymen, Tony Bellew, should be a decent fight. Not sure if you follow UK boxing, but David Haye is apparently fighting Tyson Fury in September. I expect the Hayemaker to win by KO.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. - H L Mencken