rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

science [again] shows what everyone here already knows

Link

Hm? I see that they're sprouting total nonsense like:

Quote:Quote:

Well, I guess the first thing to say is how struck I was by the distance between reality and the fable that we’ve been taught most recently by evolutionary psychology, that is, that men are driven to spread their seed and women, by comparison, are more driven to find one good provider, and that, therefore, while men are very poorly suited to monogamy, women are much better suited to monogamy. But that just really doesn’t stand up when you look at the science. The science behind that is flimsy, circular. And the science, when you look at it clearly, that stands in opposition to that is actually fairly strong — still emergent, but fairly strong. And so, that was the first thing that was so striking to me.

There are some truths in it, but overall the article seems more bent on promoting a recent political cause ("Women are made to be just as promiscous as men! Yay! Now go whore around!" as recently seen in NYT) than actually bringing up any kind of evidence. For example, look at the conclusion:

Quote:Quote:

Certainly, women are no better suited for monogamy than men are. That, I think, is clear. It seems possible, if you look at some of the data, that women are even less well-suited for monogamy than men. It’s important to distinguish between the sexual level of desire, and what we choose in our relationships for all kinds of reasons. But on a sexual level, women are even less suited to monogamy.
The simple thing is, I sometimes think we have to be a little braver about just caring more. Caring, and being open about caring about sex, with one’s long-term partner sounds like it should be easy, but I think often it’s not because you can fail and you can feel hurt. And so I do think that candor and caring are important and then signing up to welcome distance back into relationships might well be the root to maintaining passion.

Yesssss, now that we've found that female sexuality has roots in biology rather than culture, women are free to ride the carousel like in prehistoric times, with no regards to consequences!

All of us here know that women are not naturally monogamous. This, however, is because they are wired to belong to harems and quickly trade up between harems if a better man appears, locking down each in turn (but usually not simultaneously). Not because their sexuality is more more powerful, uncontrollable, primal or whatever nonsense these people are promoting.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before