rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Tom Hardy - Inspiration for shorter(ish) guys

5' 9" and ridiculously popular with the ladies.

Look at this guy back in his twenties...

http://swoonworthy.net/wp-content/upload...pace-1.jpg

http://images2.fanpop.com/image/photos/1...32-576.jpg

[Image: tom%2Bhardy%2Bwarrior.jpg]

That is a huge difference from those earlier pictures..

As a shorter (5'7 - 5'8) guy, I look at Tom Cruise and Marc Anthony as inspiration.

Aren't the majority of actors short to begin with?

You want to know the only thing you can assume about a broken down old man? It's that he's a survivor.

Is 5'9 short nowadays?
I always thought it was average

“No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.”
-Socrates

Quote: (05-31-2013 06:03 PM)Nascimento Wrote:  

As a shorter (5'7 - 5'8) guy, I look at Tom Cruise and Marc Anthony as inspiration.

Tom cruise gets a bad rap due to his weirdness. Solid actor and very charismatic.

On a side note 5'9 is not short.

Quote: (05-31-2013 06:39 PM)Bricks Wrote:  

Tom cruise gets a bad rap due to his weirdness. Solid actor and very charismatic.

Shorter guys have to work harder to prove something.

Not surprising some of the best male actors are rather short.

I'm personally 5'9, 5'10 in shoes. Girls *think* I'm short if they see that on paper. In reality, imposing bulk makes you appear bigger general thus I always tell girls I'm 6 foot and since they suck at dimension perception, they believe me.

Quote: (05-31-2013 08:12 PM)A War You Cannot Win Wrote:  

I'm personally 5'9, 5'10 in shoes. Girls *think* I'm short if they see that on paper. In reality, imposing bulk makes you appear bigger general thus I always tell girls I'm 6 foot and since they suck at dimension perception, they believe me.

They really do-hence my 8 inch dick [Image: smile.gif]

"If anything's gonna happen, it's gonna happen out there!- Captain Ron

he's also admitted to fucking dudes

Quote: (05-31-2013 06:41 PM)Nascimento Wrote:  

We do????

Me being 5'6 has never been an issue or hindrance to anything I've accomplished in life.

To each its own I guess.....I'm a short ass playa with these women and once I hit them with the mule my short height is really obsolete as a consideration.

Life has been great to me so far in all aspects.

I said shortish. True, it's not short but I mean sub-6 foot - not what a lot of the guys with the most impressive physiques in the media.

As an even shorter (5'4) guy, I look at Michael J Fox and El Mechanico as inspiration.

The documentary on the DVD of Bronson about him training for the role said he was doing like 2000 pushups a day, sick! I didn't think that was even possible, it changed my whole concept of pushups and it's true, you can do a ton more pushups than you actually think and at a certain point they become easy.

What I do is mark a period of time off, half an hour, an hour, two hours, and do a set of pushups to failure, take a short break and do another and keep doing that, even if you can only do four or five. It's a great workout but you have to keep perfect form!

juiced to the gills

Quote: (06-01-2013 06:55 AM)reaper23 Wrote:  

juiced to the gills

hahaha! Shit, I didn't even think about that. No wonder all those pushups haven't turned me into Bane!

Quote: (06-01-2013 09:14 AM)painter Wrote:  

Quote: (06-01-2013 06:55 AM)reaper23 Wrote:  

juiced to the gills

hahaha! Shit, I didn't even think about that. No wonder all those pushups haven't turned me into Bane!

stars always lie about that shit, they said that twilight guy put on 30 pounds of muscle which is bs, and yes most actors juice for roles

It has more to do with cameras and whom your acting with. Most females are short and a super big height difference looks awkward on film since film already exaggerates height. So they prefer all actors to be around the same height on film so shorter guys have always had the advantage. Plus there is that hard working mentality from having that chip on your shoulder. Some tall guy with model looks will expect the role because well... He's tall and a model. The short guy says "who's this guy think he is?" and steps into the audition and kills it. I know this because I've been that guy.

Most entertainers are short in general for the most part.

naw, he's not juicing
hardy's been lifting pretty heavy since 2007 and he has a great trainer
Jamie Lewis goes into more depth on this - NSFW
http://chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2012/08...27a069be27

Want to look ripped? Take a pic of yourself with a major lighting source that is on one side of you.

Quote: (06-01-2013 11:36 AM)kosko Wrote:  

It has more to do with cameras and whom your acting with. Most females are short and a super big height difference looks awkward on film since film already exaggerates height. So they prefer all actors to be around the same height on film so shorter guys have always had the advantage. Plus there is that hard working mentality from having that chip on your shoulder. Some tall guy with model looks will expect the role because well... He's tall and a model. The short guy says "who's this guy think he is?" and steps into the audition and kills it. I know this because I've been that guy.

Most entertainers are short in general for the most part.

Seems like a lot of super successful CEO's are short guys too.

As well as successful guys from the professional class ie doctors and lawyers.

Agreed brah !

That's why girls suck at parking and driving.

Also most chicks are fine tuned to feel out behavioral traits in men and sniff out the beta ... but have no clue about what's what when it comes to physical traits in a man.

They think 16 inch arms are "enormous" & compliment me on my 6.2 inch dick and how huuuge it is ( I just lol ).

I'm also 5'9" and I remember some years ago having to meet this girl whom I didn't know for some college work and telling her on the phone how I looked like and when I told her I was 5'9" she mentions that she's 5'8" and that we're almost the same height and she's wearing heels so she's taller than me. When we meet she was like 5'4" or 5'5" and she's like "oh I thought you were shorter". I could only think, "yeah you idiot, you thought I was shorter because you think you're much taller than you really are.

But it doesn't happen just with girls, I've heard guys describing themselves as being at least 3" or 4" more than their real height. A couple of times a guy, even after I said I was 5'9" said he was 5'10 or 11", which was ridiculous because they were shorter than me. And they weren't kidding, I think in their minds they convinced themselves that they really are whatever number they decided to be.

Quote: (06-01-2013 06:03 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Seems like a lot of super successful CEO's are short guys too.

As well as successful guys from the professional class ie doctors and lawyers.
Well, good news for us shorter guys then, but I've always read that the taller you were the more money you'd make. But I think if you're good in whatever you do you'll be well rewarded, tall or short.

I'm 6'2 or 6'3. Who gives a fuck.

I want Tom Hardy Traps.

Quote: (06-01-2013 01:34 PM)Hades Wrote:  

naw, he's not juicing
hardy's been lifting pretty heavy since 2007 and he has a great trainer
Jamie Lewis goes into more depth on this - NSFW
http://chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2012/08...27a069be27

I think you missed Jamie's joke at the end of the article. He includes this pic with the caption, "... and appears not to have purchased Accutaine to add to his supplementation regime". Huge muscle gain in short period of time + bacne = probably juicing.

[Image: backne.jpg]