rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Granada - San Juan del Sur Nicaragua Trip Report

Background info:
37 years old but look early 30’s and have a great body. Dated and married to a Colombian for the past 7 years. Don’t speak good Spanish, ironic. Went there looking to buy land and see if it’s a place I could live year-round and raise my 2 sons. Pussy... didn’t put in much effort.

General impression of Nicaragua... nice people, nice country, and felt safe. No attempts to rip me off. There are better countries to go to for pussy. If you’re a guy under 40, in decent shape, not a joke, and speak Spanish***, with some effort you’ll do well here. The average girl isn’t good, but if you’re all of the above you’ll easily get above average. I went in May which is the start of the low season. You can get American dollars or Nicaraguan Cordobas from the ATM’s.

Granada (about 200,000 people)

I had this place all to myself http://www.vrbo.com/442074 ... its 2 blocks away from Calle Calzada where pretty much all the nightlife is.

Calle Calzada... nothing special. A bunch of indoor/outdoor bars/restaurants that spill out to the street. It’s about 2.5 blocks long full of these places. No dance clubs. Those are about 2 miles away on the beach. Didn’t think the dance places were anything special either. Specific places to go... didn’t pay attention to the names, but you’ll see, it’s only 2.5 blocks long. Just walk the street and pick the liveliest spots. It’s a mix of locals and tourists/ex-pats. No need for a car or taxis here.

Local Nicaraguans... nothing special. Some good looking ones, but not a lot of them. One thing good about them is they do have some nice Dominican/Colombian’ish asses.

Tourists... a lot of them... nothing special. Easy to get in the social circles.

My results: Banged 2 girls... the 27 year old American daughter of the owner of the house I was staying at (she was visiting from Denver) and a 24 year old half Russian, half Nicaraguan girl who is friends with my Nicaraguan driver (competition for the Dominican driver).

I’d rate both girls as 6’s. The American would be a 7.5 if she tightened up and lost 15 pounds and the Russian/Nicaraguan would be a 7.5 if she gained 15 pounds in her tits and ass. She looked 100% Russian. Both were 5’10 – 5’11’’.

Had a mess up with a store girl at the Masaya Market. Got her # just by grabbing her hand and starting to lead her away saying vamos, tu hermosa. Had my driver set it up so she’d come to Granada later that night (Friday), but she flaked. My lack of Spanish and the driver trying to get her to bring a friend for him probably messed it up.

Maria, the maid at Casa Xanadu has a great ass and nice titties. I put in a soft effort to bang her figuring it wouldn’t happen because she’d be afraid of losing her job. Asked her to swim with me in the pool and the next 2 days she brought her bikini, but I kept getting cock-blocked from the owner treating the place like his office and dudes filing in there to paint walls, trim trees, and bringing new furniture. Didn’t bother after the 2 days being shut out and my wife calling the house phone the next morning.

Advice for guys visiting and looking for pussy:

Granada (Calle Calzada) is only decent on Friday and Saturday nights. Go to the Masaya Market (about 20 minutes away) and set up dates to get the local girls there to visit you in Granada. They seem to be better looking and don’t have to worry about the stigma of being with a gringo if they go over to Granada. I got flaked on but I still think it’s a good strategy.

Tourists things to do in and within 45 minutes of Granada... definitely go see the Masaya Volcano (really impressive), Lake Apoyo (volcano lake), do the horse carriage ride around Granada and do a boat tour of about 100 islands on Lake Nicaragua. Lake Apoyo has some hostel called Monkey Pit or something Monkey. There were some good looking tourist girls there.

San Juan del Sur (no clue how many people, really small). No car needed for in town.

I stayed at Hotel Estacion and Hotel Alcazar ($60 and $70 a night, low season). If you don’t reserve ahead of time and you go there looking at hotels, after you look at the room pretty much all the hotels will offer you a 15% discount to get you to commit (at least during the low season).

I didn’t like San Juan del Sur. The beach sucks and there isn’t much nightlife, but I stuck to the beachfront street mostly so I could be wrong. It’s almost all tourists/surfers and ex-pats in these bars. I also went during the low season. From what I heard there’s a ton more action during high season. Plus I was solo and I’m not a surfer.

Most of the surfers base out of San Juan del Sur in the cheap hotels and hostels and then hit up the beaches 20+ minutes north or south.

The tourist/surfer girls from Europe and North America surprisingly looked good. Locals, no so much except for 3-4 girls working at the bar restaurants and 5 girls in the Century 21/Adelante Express/souvenir shop building. Yeah, that’s pretty much it... about 8-9 girls for the whole town. Make a visit to that building and pretend you’re looking for real estate or souvenirs or set up a shuttle transfer to another city or the airport. 3-4 of the girls speak English.

I used this for deciding on which places to go to in San Juan del Sur http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurants-g...l_Sur.html

Just from looking at that list, Howler Bar and Black Whale (next to each other) were both pretty dead when I went. The monster burger at Black Whale was excellent. Republika was extremely small and cheesy, with ugly people.

My advice for guys interested in going to San Juan del Sur for pussy at night... DON’T go May through September/October and forget about locals.

No bangs here... didn’t put in any effort. I didn’t like this place and got a flight home 5 days early. 6 days in Granada and 6 days in San Juan del Sur.

Real estate... an hour north of San Juan del Sur (in the tola/popoyo/Rancho Santana/Guacalito area) will boom in a few years once the road and airport are finished. Beautiful beaches and views. Can make money if you’re interested in land. Just need to sit on it for a while. As for me, I can’t live there now with my kids. The nearest ATM is 30 minutes away in Rivas. There is nothing out there. Right now it’s only good for a secluded vacation or having a managed rental at a place like Rancho Santana.

Without being in Managua (unless you count the airport) I would say if you’re looking for local women to bang in Nicaragua, that’s the place to be. Over 1.5 million people there and the people who I talked to said its pretty good for women. It needs to be explored to give a complete picture of Nicaraguan women. But it’s safe to say Granada and San Juan del Sur are a waste of time if you have other options like Colombia, DR, etc.

Looks like I’m going to have to hit up the north coast of the Dominican Republic in a few months.

If you have any questions, ask away.

Nice data sheet. I know a woman from Granada. She has the Mestizo look but with an ass too. I've seen you post on DR threads. How are you surviving with minimal Spanish in both countries? How much are 2br long-term apartments in Nica? How common was it to see 7s-9s during the day? Why didn't you go to Managua?

Surviving... I've only been to the DR for 7-8 days (in 2006 at a resort) and Nicaragua for 12-13 days. Not qualified to answer that since I was just visiting, but I think people can live in San Juan del Sur with minimal Spanish and be fine (loaded with tourists and businesses catering to them).

No clue on the price of a 2 bdrm apartment (would obviously vary depending on location, how nice it is, and city). That Purple guy who has a few threads on Nicaragua would probably know if you were more specific. One of the rentals I looked at, a $250,000 house that's 2,100 sq ft and overlooking a nice beach 15 minutes south of San Juan del Sur is $700 a month.

8-9's during the day... I don't think I saw any 9's in Granada or San Juan del Sur, locals or tourists. 8's and an 8.5... besides some tourist girls in San Juan del Sur, the only truly hot Nicaraguan girls were at the SJDS real estate/shuttle and souvenir place and working at the Managua airport. Howler Bar in SJDS had decent waitresses too. Local 7's... if you can disregard faces a little and are more into bodies, they're around in Granada. The Masaya Market, near Granada, is a good place to see a bunch of 7's that have decent faces and nice bodies.

Managua... I was in Nicaragua for real estate and knew I wouldn't live anywhere near Managua. I'm just guessing, but I think it's a hidden gem. No, it won't blow you away with tons of talent like Medellin, but if you're a casual traveler who hasn't been spoiled by top spots you'll probably find plenty of good looking girls with latin curves and not be disappointed.

Quote: (05-28-2013 02:45 AM)Big Nilla Wrote:  

Real estate... an hour north of San Juan del Sur (in the tola/popoyo/Rancho Santana/Guacalito area) will boom in a few years once the road and airport are finished. Beautiful beaches and views. Can make money if you’re interested in land. Just need to sit on it for a while. As for me, I can’t live there now with my kids. The nearest ATM is 30 minutes away in Rivas. There is nothing out there. Right now it’s only good for a secluded vacation or having a managed rental at a place like Rancho Santana.

How much money for the land? And how much appreciation do you expect?

Speed, I messaged you specific lot prices Rancho Santana sent me. They're all over the place based on location, view, and size of the lot. Two lots right next to each other and the same size could have a huge difference in price if one of them has a much better view.

I think Rancho Santana is too expensive. If you dig around nearby you'll find cheaper lots. The advantage with Rancho is they have the infrastructure inside their development built up and a rental team that can help you.

Appreciation... if I had to give you a guess on land that has a nice oceanview and you bought right now, it will double or triple within 2 years after the airport that is being built nearby is taking international flights (whenever that is). I think you have to project it out similar to a place like Tamarindo, Costa Rica. I believe the prices in that area of Costa Rica exploded after the airport in Liberia was built.

Quote: (06-15-2013 12:47 AM)Big Nilla Wrote:  

One of the rentals I looked at, a $250,000 house that's 2,100 sq ft and overlooking a nice beach 15 minutes south of San Juan del Sur is $700 a month.

Not a bad price for that kind of place.

Quote: (06-15-2013 12:47 AM)Big Nilla Wrote:  

I don't think I saw any 9's in Granada or San Juan del Sur, locals or tourists.
... I was in Nicaragua for real estate and knew I wouldn't live anywhere near Managua. I'm just guessing, but I think it's a hidden gem. No, it won't blow you away with tons of talent like Medellin, but if you're a casual traveler who hasn't been spoiled by top spots you'll probably find plenty of good looking girls with latin curves and not be disappointed.

No 9s, damn. It appears China will be attempting to create a passageway via Nicaragua to compete with the Panama Canal. You may want to cash in on that. I may still check out to become fluent even without top talent. If there was only a prominent beach town there, it would be on my list.