rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Why its Okay to be fat (TedxTalks)

Golda's struggles with weight and body image started early -- she went on her first diet at age 4 when kids in nursery school started calling her fat

And here's a rebuttal:

The only legitimate reason to be obese is if you're a sumo wrestler.

I thought TED was supposed to be science and evidence-based?

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

TedX talks are independent and not official.

Also, because of that douchey flex in the beginning, I can't post this on my wall as a rebuttal to the feminists. Sigh.

I'm surprised she got away with such a controversial talk at such a high profile event. Probably caused complete scandal in Mill River and Liz Sue Bagels might be regretting their endorsement right about now...

She views fat vs. non-fat in terms of life expectancy, but what about QUALITY of life? You can't tell me that a fat person has the same quality of life as a thinner, more in-shape person. Her speech was impressive, but I don't buy the overall premise - it isn't okay to be fat. This chick obviously compensated for her size by being an achiever, and in doing that she got certain validation. Along the way, she still got boyfriends, so I guess in her mind it's okay to be fat because she's happy with her quality of life.

Edit: I viewed the rebuttal, and he made that exact point - quality of life is reduced by being fat. You may live just as long, but you'll have a variety of ailments along the way due to being so fat.

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

Plus, fat people living just as long as normal weight people is just a myth stemming from a "study"'s blatant disregard for the logical fact that people lose weight as they near death. They're not dying because they're thin, they're thin because they're dying.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/20...onger.html

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

Her hamster has gone out of control.

[Image: bsflag.gif] [Image: womanhamster.gif]

Quote: (05-24-2013 10:36 AM)Handsome Creepy Eel Wrote:  

I thought TED was supposed to be science and evidence-based?

[Image: laugh4.gif]

It's turning into a cult.

I'm fat. And I think fat people are disgusting.

No point wishing 2+2 = 5.

She said 5'5 135 pounds v. 5'5 300 pounds? Try comparing their statistics to someone who is 5'5 and thin.

724 likes vs 1.708 dislikes .I'd expect the other way around,good surprise here

"Go be fat on someone else's time."

Quote: (05-24-2013 10:42 AM)Scarlet_Terror Wrote:  

TedX talks are independent and not official.

Also, because of that douchey flex in the beginning, I can't post this on my wall as a rebuttal to the feminists. Sigh.

If you search "gear talk" on that guy's channel you can find a lot of info on steroids and usage, more than I've found anywhere else (in video format).

If there's one default reply to anyone who complains like this it should be "fuck your feelings"

Fatness is a character default. She blames the diets instead of herself for not losing weight. "most people gain back the weight they lost on a diet therefore every diet must not work"

I was a fat kid growing up (overweight, not obese like this chick). I was lazy, lacked willpower, ate because I was bored etc. Now I've changed my lifestyle. I'm still lazy (I skip a lot of cardio after my lifting), but I lift, I now prefer real food over junk food. Sometimes I'll get a huge craving, but I'll work around it. I want pizza? Eat nothing but a pizza all day and wash it down with a protein shake. My friends want to go out drinking? Drink low cal drinks and avoid late night food while getting my protein for the day before the booze. It really isn't that hard.

If her statistic about people gaining back weight shows anything it shows that 95% of people are weak.

Quote: (05-25-2013 06:52 PM)WesternCancer Wrote:  

If there's one default reply to anyone who complains like this it should be "fuck your feelings"

Fatness is a character default. She blames the diets instead of herself for not losing weight. "most people gain back the weight they lost on a diet therefore every diet must not work"

I was a fat kid growing up (overweight, not obese). I was lazy, lacked willpower, ate because I was bored etc. Now I've changed my lifestyle. I'm still lazy (I skip a lot of cardio after my lifting), but I lift, I now prefer real food over junk food. Sometimes I'll get a huge craving, but I'll work around it. I want pizza? Eat nothing but a pizza all day and wash it down with a protein shake. My friends want to go out drinking? Drink low cal drinks and avoid late night food while getting my protein for the day before the booze. It really isn't that hard.

If her statistic about people gaining back weight shows anything it shows that 95% of people are weak.

And instead of calling you admirable as I would, those fat apologists would brand you "psychologically obsessive about watching your weight", making people think that what you just described is some kind of disorder or affliction. Sadly, their tactic seems to be the winning one.

It's OK to be fat. It's not OK to be fat and expect people to treat you like you are thin.

Quote: (05-26-2013 12:26 PM)Blaster Wrote:  

It's OK to be fat. It's not OK to be fat and expect people to treat you like you are thin.

Fatties will say being treated like you are thin is "thin privilege" [Image: american.gif]

"Go be fat on someone else's time."

Fess up, who wrote the top comment? [Image: lol.gif]

Quote:Quote:

Hello my name is Golda and I'm a gluttonous fatty trying to rationalize laziness and giving up on self-improvement. I prey on the insecurity of other fatties to feel good about myself.

Quote: (05-26-2013 07:54 PM)MattC Wrote:  

Fess up, who wrote the top comment? [Image: lol.gif]

Quote:Quote:

Hello my name is Golda and I'm a gluttonous fatty trying to rationalize laziness and giving up on self-improvement. I prey on the insecurity of other fatties to feel good about myself.

[Image: ohshit.gif]

[Image: lol.gif] [Image: lol.gif] [Image: lol.gif]

Probably will be deleted soon and used as proof of "hateful attitudes towards obese individuals", but still:

[Image: potd.gif]

With increased weight - prevention is better than a cure.

The latest research suggests that your body's chemistry changes when you put on weight. Making it harder to lose weight than it would be for a average person eating the same number of calories.

There was an excellent article awhile ago discussing these issues:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/01/magazi...d=all&_r=0

Just for those interested in studying this area.

Quote: (05-26-2013 12:26 PM)Blaster Wrote:  

Just about to write the same thing myself!

Lol at all the trolling going on in the comments section. [Image: banana.gif]

The comments section has gone someway to restoring my faith that people have common sense, and know deep down that this utterly recent phenomena of fat acceptance is BULLSHIT.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. - H L Mencken

It's ok to be fat but those same cows hate naturally skinny people with a passion.

Source - Being skinny my life and hearing stories from skinny girls about fatties hating on them for "not eating enough".

Quote: (05-27-2013 01:00 PM)houston Wrote:  

It's ok to be fat but those same cows hate naturally skinny people with a passion.

The irony is, is that everyone is 'naturally skinny' - those fatties have put in an enormous amount of bad habit to get to look that way. If only they redirected the energy they put into eating shit into walking, learning to eat normal portions etc.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. - H L Mencken