rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Malaga, Spain

Malaga, Spain

Caveat: It was off-season when I went, so your experiences may vary... I've heard good things about the towns around, such as Granada, Marbella etc. I didn't have enough time to check them out.

Difficulty:

If you want to hit the local talent, it's recommended that you know Spanish. Spanish-speaking or not, bitch shields are high. Since my Spanish is lacking, I was aiming for English-speaking tourists. Their bitch shields were not much lower, a contributing factor is most likely the poor sex-ratio. Applies to both day- and night-game. Apart from Spaniards, there seemed to be mainly Dutch, Italians and French in the city. Average age around 22.

Venues:

Sad to say, many of the venues are sausage-fests, the ones that are open at all that is. In Malaga the majority of the clubs are only open between Thursday - Saturday. I arrived on a Saturday and left on a Thursday so there wasn't much going on after the first day.. don't worry, it's still a sausage-fest on a Saturday night.

The music is mainly "musica commercial", you'll pretty much find the same crappy music at all the clubs around here.

Level
Only open on weekends, this seems to be the only place that is not a rock club or plays "musica commercial", it's an electronic club, with guy-girl ratios to match. Decent music though.
Sala Gold
One of the few venues that had a semi-decent ratio of girls.
People
Empty most of the time. When there were some people present, it was one of the few times I could get a decent vibe going with some girls.. until I got cockblocked by five-six italian guys.
Coyote
A rock club, nothing really special about this place.
Sala Wenge
The only place that consistently had a lot of people. Shame that most of them were guys.
Velvet Club
Pretty much the same thing as People, minus the cockblocking. I got a girl that insisted that I buy her a drink. I obviously refused, where she then threw a hissy fit and stormed away (she was Dutch btw).

Malaga, Spain

Have you ever tried Fuengirola? It`s a partyplace (every day of the week during summer) 20 mins with the train outside Malaga with not so much local talent, but defenatly cock-hungry girls from other parts of Europe. The promenade is full of clubs...bar-hopping is recomended.

Malaga, Spain

I agree Malaga nightlife sucks dick, but I actually quite liked the city though. I wouldnt bother with any of the clubs just walk around and hit on girls on the street in the old town, then maybe roll with them into a bar or club after. Also there is a plaza which everyone pre-drinks in, plaza Mitjana I think its called, better to try and meet people in there.

Malaga, Spain

Thanks for posting this.

Quote: (05-20-2013 02:56 PM)... Wrote:  

In Malaga the majority of the clubs are only open between Thursday - Saturday.

Is this really true?

Any reason?

---

Is there any upside to this place? Nice beach? Good food? Girls during the day?

Or does it just suck?

Quote: (05-20-2013 03:18 PM)The Pirate Wrote:  

Have you ever tried Fuengirola? It`s a partyplace (every day of the week during summer) 20 mins with the train outside Malaga with not so much local talent, but defenatly cock-hungry girls from other parts of Europe. The promenade is full of clubs...bar-hopping is recomended.

Can you break this place down a little more?

Good to stay for a month?

Malaga, Spain

@G

It`s defeantly not a one-month destination! I`d say one week of heavy party and you`re good to leave. Plenty of appartments for rent there, for an ok price if you are at least 2 persons. http://www.holidaylettings.co.uk/fuengirola/

If you are in a group of 6 plus you might wanna rent a house with a pool. These might not be downtown but closer to the hills of a small town called Mijas (5 mins with a taxi)

Let me just add. This place have NO cultural value or anything else other than bars and willing european sluts (brits/scandinavians/russians) Some spanish girls in big cock-blocking parties to. Nice beach with some stunners, but the water is pretty trashy.

Malaga, Spain

Thanks for this thread, as depressing as it is. Intel on Spain's smaller cities is sorely lacking. It's funny, I've been to many places like that before. Cascais in Lisbon is like that. Gorgeous scenery right on the water and would otherwise make for the perfect spot to game, but there's like no nightlife action. The Mediterranean is full of places like this. Best hope at night is to find tourist chicas in vacay mode. I think they make for better places to go wifed up.

Malaga, Spain

Quote: (05-21-2013 01:27 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Quote: (05-20-2013 02:56 PM)... Wrote:  

In Malaga the majority of the clubs are only open between Thursday - Saturday.

Is this really true?

Any reason?

No idea, I'm guessing that it's still low season.

Is there any upside to this place? Nice beach? Good food? Girls during the day?

Or does it just suck?

The food was pretty decent, especially considering that it's really cheap. I found it really hard to spend more than 20€ on a dinner, and generally food was more like 10€.

Drinking is cheap as well, a beer costs between €1 - €2 (local draft) to €4 (imported bottled beer, Heineken, Corona etc).

Cocktails cost no more than €6, and generally cost no more than €4.

I wasn't impressed by the beaches in or around Malaga. I was at a place called Torremolinos where the beaches are slightly better, but if you know better beach locations you're better of staying where you are.

There was some decent girls during the daytime. I did gain a bit of a social circle by doing some gaming in/around the clubs during the evening, and girls (at least the non-spanish variety) are quite friendly during daytime, before the legion of bloodthirsty wolves start prowling at night.

It's easy to find good accommodation as well. I rented a loft apartment (150m2) in Central Malaga that set me back around €700 for a week.

Quote: (05-20-2013 03:18 PM)The Pirate Wrote:  

I was planning to go, but I was advised that it was only a place for retired British ex-pats. I was clearly misinformed.

Can you break this place down a little more?

Good to stay for a month?

No. From what I gathered from people it's a good starting point to go elsewhere in Southern Spain (Granada, Cadiz, Sevilla etc) but I think to actually stay a week in Malaga was more than enough.

It's a nice place to stay if you just want to relax, but if you're more action oriented then you should go elsewhere.

Marbella is about 80 clicks away and supposedly this is where a lot of ballers go, arab sheikhs and the like. If you want to ball that seems like the place to be.

Malaga, Spain

Malaga is a working class Spanish city. You need to take the A7 and head towards Marbella and Puerto Banus if you want the nightlife.

http://www.nikkibeach.com/marbella/
http://www.salabeach.com/

Malaga, Spain

Go to the Feria de Malaga in August, it's a mad party both in-town and at the big fairgrounds which have bars run by all kinds of civic groups, musical clubs and political parties.

Flamenco, massive public drinking, a huge tent with house music, bullfights.

http://www.feriamalaga.com/

Malaga, Spain

Quote: (05-24-2013 01:20 AM)Sp5 Wrote:  

Go to the Feria de Malaga in August, it's a mad party both in-town and at the big fairgrounds which have bars run by all kinds of civic groups, musical clubs and political parties.

Have you been?

Can you break it down a little more?

Malaga, Spain

Quote: (05-24-2013 10:01 AM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Quote: (05-24-2013 01:20 AM)Sp5 Wrote:  

Have you been?

Can you break it down a little more?

I was there last year. The Feria has three parts. The first is the day festival, which is in the old downtown of Malaga.

[Image: feria-de-malaga.jpg]

Along Calle Larios and the surrounding streets and alleys there are performances of traditional flamenco dancing and singing.

[Image: ni%C3%B1as-bailando.jpg]

There are a lot of places to buy this cheap sweet wine, a bottle is 1 or 2 euro. People also bring their own drinks, there was a lot of rum-and Coke.

[Image: feria_malaga19.jpg]

It becomes a big party as the day wears on and it continues into the early morning, although I read a lot of complaints about the noise, urination, trash from residents in the local newspaper, and the city has put out some regulations to crack down on the late downtown thing a little.

http://www.laopiniondemalaga.es/pi-feria...43945.html

[Image: IMG_0578.JPG]

[Image: 13310329.jpg]

This is a good slideshow of the downtown festival

People are pretty much in groups, families or friends. Not too many tourists, surprisingly, it's 95% Spanish.

[Image: 1313858763916_feria_20110819_195009.jpg]

The second part is the fairgrounds. The fairgrounds are large, permanent and out on the outskirts of the city, towards the airport.

The fairgrounds open in the afternoon, there is a midway and a bunch of tents run by everyone from small town municipalities in the province, to flamenco societies (peña) to the Marxist-Leninist Party, to just regular nightclub and rock music type places.

[Image: feria-de-malaga-andalucia_6459.jpg]

[Image: DSC_8285.jpg]

[Image: Feria-de-M%C3%A1laga.jpg]

[Image: la-feria-de-malaga_1410121.jpg]

That part goes on until dawn.

The third part of the feria is the bullfights, they have a series of fights with the top bulls and bullfighters in Spain. I was lucky to see one of the rare ones where the bull was so badass they spared his life.

Malaga, Spain

Quote: (05-21-2013 02:21 PM)Hencredible Casanova Wrote:  

Thanks for this thread, as depressing as it is. Intel on Spain's smaller cities is sorely lacking. It's funny, I've been to many places like that before. Cascais in Lisbon is like that. Gorgeous scenery right on the water and would otherwise make for the perfect spot to game, but there's like no nightlife action. The Mediterranean is full of places like this. Best hope at night is to find tourist chicas in vacay mode. I think they make for better places to go wifed up.

Agree with you here HC about Cascais in Portugal. One of my favorite cities i have been to but very very lacking in the night life area. Still, a fantastic place to visit and stay for a week. You can always hop onto a train and be in Lisbon in bout 20 mins where there is plenty of good night life.

Malaga, Spain

@Sp5 looks like fun. I could imagine it would be a nightmare to try and pull in a place like that though with everyone in massive groups of family and friends.

Malaga, Spain

Quote: (05-25-2013 06:22 AM)Nudge Wrote:  

@Sp5 looks like fun. I could imagine it would be a nightmare to try and pull in a place like that though with everyone in massive groups of family and friends.

Yeah I was already with someone, but I did not see too many targets of opportunity.

The best way would be to get into a group, which I think is possible if you speak Spanish, because as the party goes on, people get lubed up pretty well.

The other way would be to go to one of the nearby resort towns like Torremolinos, and invite an oblivious tourist girl to go with you.

It's well worth going just as a big festival. Up there with Oktoberfest. Better, because of nice weather, it's the whole town, and it never stops.

Malaga, Spain

Can anyone give some info about the beach towns around Malaga? Like Benalmadena, Torremolinos, Fuengirola?

In terms of beaches, kind of people we find there, quality of girls and nightlife.

Also is it worth buying an apartment in one of theses towns?

Any feedback is welcome, even better coming from people above 30.

Malaga, Spain

I have only been a couple of days in Fuengirola. It looks like a popular place for Nordics, especially Finnish (plenty of them), and some Brits. Nightlife is a typical Spanish beach town with foreigners.

Benalmadena looked kind of tacky.

Malaga, Spain

Quote: (05-10-2018 02:26 AM)SMerengues Wrote:  

I have only been a couple of days in Fuengirola. It looks like a popular place for Nordics, especially Finnish (plenty of them), and some Brits. Nightlife is a typical Spanish beach town with foreigners.

Thanks for your input, were there Nordics in a bangable age or only retired and kids?

There isn’t many info on that region on this forum, the only consensus is that spanish, especially in the south, are cliquey, closed and not easy...which I confirm. I have been a few times to Malaga city, I enjoyed the laid back atmosphere, food and cheap prices. The beach (Malaguetta) was crap and women were indeed very closed.

Malaga, Spain

Quote: (05-10-2018 06:02 AM)Lino Wrote:  

Quote: (05-10-2018 02:26 AM)SMerengues Wrote:  

Thanks for your input, were there Nordics in a bangable age or only retired and kids?

There isn’t many info on that region on this forum, the only consensus is that spanish, especially in the south, are cliquey, closed and not easy...which I confirm. I have been a few times to Malaga city, I enjoyed the laid back atmosphere, food and cheap prices. The beach (Malaguetta) was crap and women were indeed very closed.

I like the andalucian climate, the food and the fact that people are actually cool, I travelled there alone and never felt awkward, unlike in other regions of Spain.
I heard many britts and scandinavian bought places in these beach towns, Prices are still low compared to nordic countries, the UK or France.

If there are decent women it might be a good idea to buy there, I only want to avoid the british colony atmosphere, the ideal is an authentic spanish vibe with some northern birds on vacations.

I might go there for few weeks, if anybody is there right now drop me a message.

Malaga, Spain

I didn't really liked Malaga, it's a touristic beach city. The city is nice for a quick visit though.
If you're travelling to Malaga, definitely take the bus/car to Granada.

Definitely one of my new favorite cities in Spain, next to Barcelona. It is a lot smaller though (which I like), although it's the biggest Erasmus city in Spain. So I reckon you can do well if you are into your mid/late twenties, beginning thirties.

Malaga, Spain

Quote: (05-09-2018 08:48 PM)Lino Wrote:  

Can anyone give some info about the beach towns around Malaga? Like Benalmadena, Torremolinos, Fuengirola?

In terms of beaches, kind of people we find there, quality of girls and nightlife.

Also is it worth buying an apartment in one of theses towns?

Any feedback is welcome, even better coming from people above 30.

Benalmadena/Torremolinos are just packed with expats, apparently mostly older English people of lower-middle-class backgrounds. However, you'll also encounter many other nationalities, even ran into some Colombianas with fake asses and titties. In Southern Spain I honestly much prefer the interior towns and cities to the beach destinations, but then again I'm not a big beach guy.

Malaga, Spain

For authentic andalusian atmosphere without Brits you can check out Cadiz coast (Conil, Tarifa) and Almeria coast (Cabo de Gata, Mojacar). Don't expect much foreigners though. I would say it's easier to find French than Nordics in those places. Night life is almost exclusively bars (Mojacar may have some clubs - second hand info).

Fuengirola have quite some young foreigners in summer, but in low season it's almost only retirees and and younger people working in services targeting their own nationalities (ex Finnish real estate agency etc)

Malaga, Spain

Thanks guys, keep the info flowing. I never been there so I’m very curious.

The reason why I am asking is that I am looking for a flat to buy. I am late thirties, self employed and I often work several months on projects in various countries in Europe. I am looking for a flat where I could spend few weeks/months when I am between 2 projects and rent it the rest of the time.

I might also often go for a weekend. I considered these beach towns because all of them can be reached easily from the Malaga airport, I believe the train takes between 15 and 30 minutes depending on the city.

As mentioned by some of you there are retired britts living there, not exciting for us I agree but on the other hand that means these people will look for an accomodation, Many of them will want to rent few months before buying.

That could be the opportunity to spend few weeks at the beach and have a steady source of income the rest of the time.

As I said I only know Malaga in Andalucia, the city is boring compared to Barcelona or Madrid but in my opinion people are nicer than in cities like Valencia, Barcelona or Madrid.

Edit: like many of you I have a passion for women, basically living in a city where I would be surrounded by chicks who wouldn’t fuck a man who isn’t from their village and teenage britts getting shitfaced every night isn’t appealing. If there are spanish tourists they would hook up more easily. When I checked tinder few months ago I have seen a very low quality, mostly ugly spanish women, quality was way better in Palma or Tenerife. I know that was online but it still gives an idea.

Malaga, Spain

Quote: (05-11-2018 08:48 AM)Lino Wrote:  

Thanks guys, keep the info flowing. I never been there so I’m very curious.

The reason why I am asking is that I am looking for a flat to buy. I am late thirties, self employed and I often work several months on projects in various countries in Europe. I am looking for a flat where I could spend few weeks/months when I am between 2 projects and rent it the rest of the time.

I might also often go for a weekend. I considered these beach towns because all of them can be reached easily from the Malaga airport, I believe the train takes between 15 and 30 minutes depending on the city.

As mentioned by some of you there are retired britts living there, not exciting for us I agree but on the other hand that means these people will look for an accomodation, Many of them will want to rent few months before buying.

That could be the opportunity to spend few weeks at the beach and have a steady source of income the rest of the time.

As I said I only know Malaga in Andalucia, the city is boring compared to Barcelona or Madrid but in my opinion people are nicer than in cities like Valencia, Barcelona or Madrid.

I think Malaga is a good choice, the city is livable, affordable, someone does not feel the stress of living in a big city, there is beach and a good salsa scene full of hot women, that strip of beaches along the coast to Marbella are the cherry on the top of the cake plus is the city in continental Europe with the most sunshine exposure.

Malaga, Spain

Quote: (05-11-2018 08:56 AM)Rocha Wrote:  

Quote: (05-11-2018 08:48 AM)Lino Wrote:  

I think Malaga is a good choice, the city is livable, affordable, someone does not feel the stress of living in a big city, there is beach and a good salsa scene full of hot women, that strip of beaches along the coast to Marbella are the cherry on the top of the cake plus is the city in continental Europe with the most sunshine exposure.

Marbella and Puerto Banus are the big tourist destinations in that part of the Coast. I spent a night in Malaga once when I arrived on a late flight and then went on to Marbella the next morning. It's OK to go out but I think it would get old pretty quickly and it seems to be mostly a Spanish scene. If I were looking for a rental property I would definitely consider Marbella and Puerto Banus (the St Tropez of Spain) as well. I think it's very seasonal there, so if you want to maximize your rental capability go for Puerto Banus. Lots of upscale Brits and others go there year round for golf, yachting and nightlife.
Both times I was there was in August and people told me that late June/July are the high season. Lots of groups of high end British girls, some random Scandinavians and Russians, spanish on vacation and a little bit of everything else.

Malaga, Spain

Quote: (05-11-2018 04:50 PM)JohnQPublic Wrote:  

Marbella and Puerto Banus are the big tourist destinations in that part of the Coast. I spent a night in Malaga once when I arrived on a late flight and then went on to Marbella the next morning. It's OK to go out but I think it would get old pretty quickly and it seems to be mostly a Spanish scene. If I were looking for a rental property I would definitely consider Marbella and Puerto Banus (the St Tropez of Spain) as well. I think it's very seasonal there, so if you want to maximize your rental capability go for Puerto Banus. Lots of upscale Brits and others go there year round for golf, yachting and nightlife.
Both times I was there was in August and people told me that late June/July are the high season. Lots of groups of high end British girls, some random Scandinavians and Russians, spanish on vacation and a little bit of everything else.

Thanks JohnQ but to be honest Marbella is out of question, it is famous for being popular with rich arabs and mafiosi, many prostitutes go there to work with these arabs, gold diggers from all Europe also go there.

Andalucia isn’t high end but Marbella is overpriced and hyped up, not the kind of place I wanna be in.

I heard good feedbacks about Cadix but it would take time to get there from the Malaga airport.

@Rocha, Malaga is indeed a laid back city but only the old city is nice there, The beach is ugly and I am not sure about the rental potential, as mentioned by JohnQ, people stop there for 1 night then go to the other beach towns.