rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Regrets of Kareem

The Regrets of Kareem

http://www.esquire.com/blogs/culture/kar...ish-i-knew

The Regrets of Kareem

His point about watching more TV is interesting. I have observed that people at work do talk a lot about pop culture - knowledge gained primarily through the TV.

I religiously watch sports, so I can always talk sports with men at work. I really don't watch that much else on TV, so I can't really contribute to any discussions about popular TV shows. It is really obvious with female coworkers. They gab endlessly about the Bachelor and a whole raft of other shows. I don't care about that stuff, but I notice that they strengthen their relationships through the superficial analysis and transmission of pop culture.

While Kareem's point may be more personal, as a man like him in the NBA is just so busy and preoccupied with his craft he has little contact outside his sphere. I know Kim Kardashian is pregnant just because I saw it on a magazine in a checkout line. However, a general knowledge of pop culture is good to have. To this day, I still get, "You haven't seen that movie," "You never watch How I Met Your Mother?" You can definitely come across as unintentionally holier-than-thou if you don't follow pop culture.

Quote:Old Chinese Man Wrote:  
why you wonder how many man another man bang? why you care who bang who mr high school drama man