rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Santa Barbara, California

As I mentioned in my thread about International Relations in the Lifestyle forum, I start attending UC Santa Barbara as a first-year Undergrad in August. Needless to say, I'm excited. The place is gorgeous, the weather is beautiful, and the morals of my female classmates are, if the rumors are true, highly negotiable. That said, though, I don't want to exclusively limit myself to the giant benders and parties that happen daily in UCSB's Isla Vista neighborhood. Drunk hookups are well and good, but I want to be able to practice day approaching and come out of college a beast.

Also, IV is famous for its obscene STD rates. I enjoy rawdogging, and would prefer to find some girls I can do it to without my cock turning into a bacterial warzone.

So, to all of my brethren who have visited this place, what areas within the city of Santa Barbara are best for daygame? Where are girls the most approachable and friendly? I've heard that daygame in SB is often fouled by the gigantic bitch shields of the residents, which is something I'd rather avoid. Also, what clubs and bars should I hit up within the cities of Santa Barbara and Goleta(which is where UCSB is located)? Generally speaking, what are your tips for making life in Santa Barbara truly epic?

What up Troubled One, that's sweet that you are going to UCSB it should be a lot of fun, and is a spot with some of the highest concentration of talent in the country. Isla Vista and Santa Barbara really do have some great talent in my opinion, and while I've spent a little bit of time down there, I never really had any success picking up. It's been about 3 years since I've been there, so really before my game was pretty minimal, but it does seem like there are a lot of pretty stuck up women with high bitch shields.

Anyway don't let the stuck up, superficial, bitchy women bring down the vibe, the good thing about there is the abundance of hot women!! Everyone talks about the abundance mindset, which is so crucial to good game, but when you live in a small area or an area lacking in an abundance of hot women, it can be hard to maintain this frame.

As far as gaming goes, my experience is limited, but it seems like there are tons of great options, as long as you are motivated and persistent in your approach. For day game, State St. in Santa Barbara is ground zero, especially the middle to lower part where there are tons of nice stores and restaurants. There are tons of hot women day and night down there, but especially on the weekend. You can approach on the street, in the stores, or post up at a cafe or restaurant.

All of I.V. is good for day game, but I'd say that it's especially so near campus by the "Free Bird Burrito" shop which is kind of like downtown I.V. there is a constant stream of hot ass walking by in tight booty shorts. You probably already know all this, but Del Playa Ave. where all the parties pop off is also good for day game, because it's a long straight street which runs from the UCSB dorms all the way along the coast, and pretty much the only people who live on the street are college kids, and most of them are party people who are in perpetual party mode. Plus there are a bunch of beach accesses and trails that go off D.P. so people are always down there.

Aside from the obvious spots like UCSB campus, State St., I.V., etc. I'd also hit up the beaches on nice days, there are always girls down there, as well as the Sat. Farmers Mrkt in S.B., plus all the free outdoor mini-festivals and events they have in S.B. during the summer time. Although you're a college kid, if you're ever in S.B. a really nice grocery store that's full of MILFs and other babes is called "Lazy Acres" and worth checking out.

Quote: (05-12-2013 05:57 PM)The Troubled One Wrote:  

As I mentioned in my thread about International Relations in the Lifestyle forum, I start attending UC Santa Barbara as a first-year Undergrad in August. Needless to say, I'm excited. The place is gorgeous, the weather is beautiful, and the morals of my female classmates are, if the rumors are true, highly negotiable. That said, though, I don't want to exclusively limit myself to the giant benders and parties that happen daily in UCSB's Isla Vista neighborhood. Drunk hookups are well and good, but I want to be able to practice day approaching and come out of college a beast.

Also, IV is famous for its obscene STD rates. I enjoy rawdogging, and would prefer to find some girls I can do it to without my cock turning into a bacterial warzone.

So, to all of my brethren who have visited this place, what areas within the city of Santa Barbara are best for daygame? Where are girls the most approachable and friendly? I've heard that daygame in SB is often fouled by the gigantic bitch shields of the residents, which is something I'd rather avoid. Also, what clubs and bars should I hit up within the cities of Santa Barbara and Goleta(which is where UCSB is located)? Generally speaking, what are your tips for making life in Santa Barbara truly epic?

Congratulations on your situation. I feel, however, that you may be over-intellectualizing your situation. You're at a buffet, and while you're standing there thinking about what you're going to put on your plate, the other hungry ass wolves are devouring everything in sight.

If I was in your situation, I would spend most of my time hitting the gym and getting big and securing very good drug connections. If you get burnt out, you've got the most amazing daygame opportunities on State Street. Don't worry about "where are all the friendly girls...", that's not the right mindset. Cast your net far and wide, make a run of State street from top to bottom, and reap the bounty. You've got bookstores, clothing boutiques, bars, cafes, everything a daygamer could hope for. Hit that pavement hard.

If you can afford to live there and have moderate game, Santa Barbara is a goddamn pussy paradise.

"...so I gave her an STD, and she STILL wanted to bang me."

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

You're young and eager to get a head start. That is natural. But.

Just chill.

You are about to have the time of your life.

Don't even sweat where you're going to go out now. Parties are going to present themselves like you won't believe.

Focus on your plan for getting a high GPA. I've met a lot of smart people who graduated with shit GPAs due to the UCSB party lifestyle.

Partying and getting laid will be easy. Balancing the lifestyle with getting good grades is going to be your real challenge.

Quote: (05-12-2013 07:36 PM)thedude3737 Wrote:  

If you can afford to live there and have moderate game, Santa Barbara is a goddamn pussy paradise.

I have to agree with thedude. I didn't go to UCSB and have only visited Isla Vista once in my life for a party when I was in my 20s, however I know many people that have gone to school there. SB may be one of the few pussy paradises there are left in California if you're college age. I remember once working with a guy that looked like a 5'3" ogre bragging about the pussy he got in UCSB. There's a reason it's well known for STDs. I imagine if you are part of a popular frat you are going to have a hard time learning anything.

As the others have mentioned, you are in a goldmine right now. Enjoy it for what it is, if working on your skills are important than do so. But don't turn down the basically free pussy that's there. Don't worry about STDs either - the chick you meet at a party is no more secure than the girl at the bookstore. You never know, you're always taking a risk (though I think the risk is highly overexagerrated).

IV is great. And you don't need to be in school to pull there. I attended this past summer in my 30s and pulled an 18yo. I had a unique in to that party but it was possible. To be frank, if you have the IV parties that are right there, the girls are just as slutty I see no reason to go to bars/clubs. You'll have your entire life ahead of you for that shit.

Quote: (05-12-2013 08:12 PM)MikeCF Wrote:  

Focus on your plan for getting a high GPA. I've met a lot of smart people who graduated with shit GPAs due to the UCSB party lifestyle.

Partying and getting laid will be easy. Balancing the lifestyle with getting good grades is going to be your real challenge.

No doubt. What I want to have by the end of college, however, is rock solid game. The women at UCSB will no doubt be easy, gorgeous, and plentiful, but there's no challenge in simply hooking up with drunk sorority girls at ragers in IV. Yeah, it'll be a lot of fun, but it won't do very much for my game. Four years of screwing around in IV won't make me as good as Roosh or Tyler Durden, who had to bust ass in environments that were extremely difficult to pull in. I want the ability to pull no matter where I go, and the only way to get that good is by daygaming persistently and challenging the hell out of myself.

The degree will be great, and the memories will be awesome. But I want the game I develop to be the most enduring legacy of my time in college.

Well then man, just commute down to Hollywood on the weekend and try to get into some tier 1 clubs and break down those bitch shields. You'll get all the game practice you could hope for. You'll also run back to IV with your tail between your legs, thankful for the accessible poon there.

Quote: (05-12-2013 09:18 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

Well then man, just commute down to Hollywood on the weekend and try to get into some tier 1 clubs and break down those bitch shields. You'll get all the game practice you could hope for. You'll also run back to IV with your tail between your legs, thankful for the accessible poon there.

Damn.

Quote: (05-12-2013 08:57 PM)The Troubled One Wrote:  

The women at UCSB will no doubt be easy, gorgeous, and plentiful, but there's no challenge in simply hooking up with drunk sorority girls at ragers in IV.

Ahhh the callousness of youth.

Do me a favor. Don't come on here asking for more "challenges" with women. You want challenges in your life, get in rock solid shape. Make some money. Get a killer wardrobe. Learn 5 languages.

Go out and get 100 notches with these girls if they're so easy. Get a different girl in your bed for a week straight. Have threesomes, foursomes, and moresomes.

Have girls begging to come over and cook and clean for you. Several of them at a time.

When you do that, then drop back in the forum and start talking about needing a new challenge.

Because I'll tell you one thing, not all the game in the world, be it Tyler Durden or Roosh, can match access. As Speakeasy mentioned, if you want it rough, come roll with me sometime in Hollywood on a Saturday night. I mean that seriously. I'm a pretty decent wing and I'll get us on the list somewhere.

By last call you'll be BEGGING to get back to IV.

Once you see the hoops you have to jump through to get a girl in a tough environment, only then will you appreciate what you have. I can understand wanting to hone your skills in a shitty environment like a big city shark tank, but that shit can wait. Game is about adapting. What's the point of adapting to a place like L.A., D.C., S.F., if you're not living there? Why don't you just adapt to I.V. and make the most of the situation? I can promise you 100% that you'll look back and know you did yourself proud instead of having some silly conceit about "needing a challenge" to become some sort of world renowned player. If anything, having the kind of access you do will establish a firm market value of pussy in your head, you'll get a solid foundation of abundance mentality, and you'll refuse to even deal with the shit that big-city girls put you through. In the long run, it's better that way, trust me.

"...so I gave her an STD, and she STILL wanted to bang me."

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

Talk to everybody the first week, it can make or break you.

If your goal is to have game with bitches be your "lasting legacy" of your college experience... You are thinking just like every other d-bag when he walks into college for the first time.

We all know what happens if you think like the herd. You get thrown into the gutter.

Don't let that be you.

I went to UCSB, so I don't get why you would want a challenge. There are numerous house parties every night in IV and there are also college bars all along Del Playa in IV, so why would you want a challenge exactly? You are a college student right now, and that limits the type of girls you will be able to hit on.

That said, someone already mentioned State Street, and I second this advice. State Street is great on a weekend. Plenty of girls walking around the shops and restaurants near there. Only problem is you will need a car since State Street is a good 15-20mins away from IV (if I remember correctly). That would give you plenty of opportunities to practice day game, but be forewarned...it is going to be harder to pull there than at IV.

You are one lucky motherfucker. In the meantime till August start working out a lot and keep practising your daygame like we talked about before. I'm going to try and join you at UCSB next year or maybe the year after on exchange for a couple semesters, but the exchange places at U.C colleges are so competitive that I might end up at Arizona State instead.

Try some day game while hiking around Montecito. Awesome trails and lower bitch shields. Damn I miss UCSB!

what areas within the city of Santa Barbara are best for daygame?

The campus of UCSB.

Quote: (05-13-2013 01:14 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  

what areas within the city of Santa Barbara are best for daygame?

The campus of UCSB.

Not to nitpick, but the main campus of UCSB is actually in Goleta, California.

Santa Barbara City College for more day game!

Embarcadero Loop baby yeah !!!

I went to Isla Vista to visit a good friend a couple weekends ago and the scene on Del Playa is a young players paradise. So much talent, everyone partying, just enjoying the recklessness of youth.

I should have went to UCSB.

Isla Vista is insane. Here's how they celebrate the 4th of July in IV:

And this is the during the Summer! You guys should have seen Floatopia in 2009, before the powers-that-be made it illegal.

"The great secret of happiness in love is to be glad that the other fellow married her." – H.L. Mencken

The Troubled One,

How old are you? Are you over 21? If not, why do you care about clubs and bars?

I wrote a micro data sheet on SB a few months ago. Here it is:

Quote: (02-05-2013 06:41 PM)Icarus Wrote:  

The under-21 crowd parties mostly at Isla Vista (IV), next to the UCSB campus. Del Playa (DP), the street on the waterfront, is the place to be. Many SBCC students live in Isla Vista, and then take the bus to SBCC every day (it's like 15-20 Km from IV to downtown SB).

The 21+ crowd parties mostly in downtown SB. State Street at night is interesting. Any time of the year, you will find lots of drunk hot blondes in miniskirts and high-heels. Unfortunately, the bar / nightclub scene over there is not that great. There are no big clubs with large dance floors. Some places to go at night:
  • Tonic is posh and upscale. It has the biggest dance floor in SB, though not as dimly lit as it should be. Enough space to dance. A patio in the back where one can talk to chicks. Not a bad place.
  • EOS is posh and pretentious. It's where the yuppies go party. Goofy guys in suits trying to impress the ladies. The dance floors are ridiculously small and overcrowded. Some dumb broad will accidentally spill her drink on you. There's a patio with gas heaters, but it's usually overcrowded too.
  • Wildcat is the place to go wild. Decent dance floor (especially if you go early), with strobe lights, lasers, and smoke. Since the lighting is dimmer and the atmosphere foggy, people lose their inhibitions and go wild. Go-go dancers in cages. Cheap shots. Perfect place to go from 21:30 to 23:30 on a Friday night to dance with your girl. Don't go on Sunday night since that is (was?) gay night.
  • Indochine is a small place, with a ridiculously small dance floor, but the patio has beautiful Thai decoration. The perfect place to take a girl on a date. Instead of buying her dinner (which would be beta), just take her to Indochine and drink a gin tonic within sight of the Buddha statue. Chicks dig the "exotic" allure of the place.

"The great secret of happiness in love is to be glad that the other fellow married her." – H.L. Mencken

just avoid the IV "Foot Patrol" they are the Gestapo incarnate

Hey man good choice with UCSB! I live right next to Isla Vista and trust me all the rumors are true, it's crazy. As gametheory said watch the foot patrol, never sit on the curbs you're just asking for cops to interrogate you. Just about every friday and saturday there will be open parties on Del Playa, the main street of iv. Drink before you go to open parties, most times they won't supply any alcohol. Enjoy your time here hmu if you have any more questions or need any hookups!

Oh and for day game as said state street and city college are great. But really bitch shields aren't bad at all, there's no reason you can't start conversations in iv anywhere, everybody's really social.

Yep the IV Foot Patrol snatched me up one Halloween long ago. Threw my friend and I in the "drunk tank." Even worse, we were shroomin'...