rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

When to Walk Out on (Online) Dates?

I just walked out of my third internet date in a row, all three meeting at bars. They all contacted me first. The first one sounded like she was running late, and I was in a bad mood for flakiness. She was a 6 in pictures and predictably a 5 in real life. More importantly, I was in a foul mood and she was almost 30 minutes late. I sat there getting annoyed, not wanting to text because that would appear anxious and beta. I chatted briefly to a younger, prettier woman at the bar, and wondered why I was waiting, and how to handle my internet cockblocker. Eventually she arrived and texted "Come out and meet me". I met her, she obviously thought I looked hot, and then I left while she went to the bathroom. Why should I tolerate rudeness from an average middle-aged woman?

The second one had bad/fuzzy photos with potential for improvement. She came to me and was punctual. She didn't look heavier or older or worse than her pics. But she had a weak chin and very "average" body. Also, she didn't drink. I got a bunch of fake phone calls 45 minutes into the date and left because I didn't want to work for it. She texted me a few times, but there is no great upside here.

Yesterday was the worst. I vaguely remembered not meeting a hot Russian who had been a pain in the ass. She texted me out of the blue and asked me to meet her at a happy hour. The c*nt was over an hour late! Fortunately I grabbed some food and chatted with some cool people. I bumped into her as I was paying the check and leaving. Her appearance was above-average, but not spectacular. She did not immediately apologize, so I walked out.

I have also been on internet dates where the woman is not hot or makes dumbass career/hamster conversation. Through inertia, I order a second round of drinks, wondering WTF I am doing. On the one hand I spent time arranging this. But that cost is sunk, and I can only salvage a few minutes. But now I need to stay ruthless. If the woman is rude or annoying and not particularly hot, then I might meet for a few seconds out of curiosity to she what she looks like. If she is polite and punctual and mediocre then she gets one courtesy drink until I get an urgent phone call.

Sounds like you did the right thing. If a woman is that much of a spoiled pain in the ass on the first meeting, how well could an actual relationship with her go? Even a second date?

Quote: (05-10-2013 07:09 AM)Divorco Wrote:  

I have also been on internet dates where the woman is not hot or makes dumbass career/hamster conversation.

I was on a date in Arlington a few months back and a girl asked me "What's your typical day at work". Smh. Career obsessed cunts see dates just like job interviews.

I've gone on a lot of online meetings. I'll leave after one drink for the following reasons:

She pic frauded me

Or, she didn't really pic fraud, but she's just less attractive than her photos and I wouldn't bang her

I'll leave after two drinks if:

She is so boring or annoying that I can't tolerate her company long enough to bang her-this happens more often than pic frauding

I sense she's not into me

I think one girl in the last year was late enough that I walked out- I seldom have this problem many of them are on time or a bit early. At the most 15 minutes late which is tolerable

"If anything's gonna happen, it's gonna happen out there!- Captain Ron

Quote:Quote:

I was on a date in Arlington a few months back and a girl asked me "What's your typical day at work".

And you said.."Roosh forum 7.5 hours, 30 minutes work"

I applaud your convictions, but isn't a bush in the hand worth 2 birds in the crowd?

WIA

I recently tried to meet some girls via Badoo, and the first one, which I firstly met in a bar for a drink and was really hot (was already a 9 considering some old pics, now should be a 7...), invited me to her place for a bottle of wine and a movie.

I thought, fuck it, lets go. Did not carry any credit cards or valuable assets with me (you never know what a stranger will do when you go to the toilet) and decided to try my luck.

As I already knew, despite she was 25, she already had a baby, which started crying right after I arrived. Then, some awkward things happened:

She asked me if I used to go to stripclubs. When I answered that I only went to one in my town (which is true, I am not a big fan), she asked me who I talked to there. When I answered "she was a Brazilian chick with some ugly face and big boobs", she replied "ah yes, carmen!", and fuck it, she was right, it was her name.

Then she starts asking me about how many girls I had sex with before, if I did anal sex, and stuff like that, and suggesting that she had already fucked many and many guys. At this stage, of course giving straight answers is not the right to manage the conversation, so I remained calm and saying the usual stuff "come on, that's an intimate question, ahah, I will tell you that other day", and trying to talk about other stuff. But it was really not possible. Unless if I wanted to talk about the baby (which was quite cute actually, and rather unlucky to have this mom) or her divorce with the ex-husband.

When she tolds me that she was in germany, france and ireland before, I ask her "and what did you do there?", she makes a pause for some seconds, and then answers "hmm... one day I will tell you... those were crazy times".

So, I think it was possible to reach this deduction: probably ex-whore who has to stay in Portugal because of this family issue, and cannot go to prostitution places (or semi-pros places) in order not to lose the child in court. So she is using Badoo in order to get some "long-lasting" clients.

Deduction confirmed the next day: she asked me for 80 euros to pay her rent. Fortunately this crazy event only costed me the gas to drive to her place and a 5 euros bottle of cheap white wine... ah yes, and some 3 euros with beers the first date. But according to her conversation, she had already many male friends ("my friends are mostly male, Frank....." - run away from this kind of girls!!![Image: smile.gif], so I am pretty sure some of them are eager to pay her drinks, dinner, the rent, etc. In this case, I think they probably even manage to bang her, since she most probably is a legitimate whore.

Anyhow, it's cheaper and more cost-efficient to actually bang non-retired prostitutes than to take this woman for dinners and stuff.

PS: I did not bang at her place, all the conversation sounded a bit too much depressing or disturbing for my taste, big turn-off.

Quote: (05-10-2013 12:48 PM)WestIndianArchie Wrote:  

I applaud your convictions, but isn't a bush in the hand worth 2 birds in the crowd?

WIA
I tend to ride it out. My recipe was three drinks and some smoke before leaving the house so by the time I get to the date I'm ready to party with whoever's there.

@Divorco

Out of curiousity, why are you waiting for a date for over an hour?

Quote: (05-10-2013 03:05 PM)The Pirate Wrote:  

why are you waiting for a date for over an hour?

Good question. I met some cool people and grabbed some food. Also, I hoped some other single women might show up to the happy hour. I already dressed, drove, and parked, so I didn't want to rush home. Finally, I was a little curious what this woman looked like. Maybe I should have "accidentally" spilled a drink on her?

I would hit hard on other girls and try to switch venue. Then when the late bitch call/text you wondering where you are tell her you are having fun with a hot girl. I get your point about staying when you have dressed,drove and parked, but I don`t see what good it would come out of it to hang around waiting for the girl (s) You must make them value your time, and waiting for a girl for one hour is not sending the right message I think.

Quote: (05-10-2013 03:05 PM)The Pirate Wrote:  

@Divorco

Out of curiousity, why are you waiting for a date for over an hour?
He likes the punishment. Whoever gives it to him the most gets an engagement ring. [Image: nuts.gif]

When I have an online date I always have a backup-plan-either a double booked date or plans to go somewhere and cold approach

Since I'm already out and dressed, I'm not going to let a failed date ruin my evening.

More than once I've had online dates that went nowhere but I still got laid later that night by another girl I picked up

"If anything's gonna happen, it's gonna happen out there!- Captain Ron

After tonight, it's four in a row. That's not counting two flakes. Tonight was a last minute replacement for a flake. She drove to me. I'm remembering the pattern now. Five to ten minutes after the appointed meeting time, she texts "I'm running late". That means she is just leaving her house. I left the bar 20 minutes after the meeting time. When I got home, (10 minutes away) I texted my address. She finally arrived at the bar 45 minutes late and texted me. I texted her to come to my house, and she refused. She sent some hamster stuff about driving a long distance and needing a drink. I phoned and she invented more bullshit. Basically she was having a martini in this empty bar so she could claim a moral victory instead of admitting she messed up and wasted her time. I called her a cunt and hung up.

I wish there were some secret trick to exploiting these womens' ineptitude. Obviously these women are single because they are totally messing up basic courtesy and logistics. Maybe some other guy met her in the bar and she is revenge-fucking him now. But I think this bad behavior is more common among women who are hitting the wall. They have memories of men doing everything for them, and they think it is just bad luck that an asshole like me won't tolerate rudeness. So I think many of them are essentially celibate and lonely. By the time they realize they are no longer hot, they will have completely hit the wall.

Update: She texted that she brought her sister. Doubtful. Maybe she is just on the phone with her sister for moral support. Presumably I would have bailed if she brought anyone.

Divorco won't listen to me but go do day game and you'll get significantly better quality and results.

Takes more balls (confidence) to talk to a girl in real life than send her a crafty message via the "interwebz".

@Divorco

Suggestions:

1. Invite her for a movie (more pressure to be there on time) then go for drinks. I hate movie-dates but at least they have a schedule to follow.
2. Show up late yourself.
3. Pick her up.
4. Mentally prepare yourself for the girl not to show up and go out no matter to have some fun.
5. Have more than one date scheduled for an evening.
6. Stop dating and go out hitting on woman in clubs/bars.

as soon as i realize they are not for me or wasting my time

life is too short to waste time on people who do not value you or your time imho.

sad

Again, I applaud your convictions.

A brougham like myself would let the bs slide, run game as usual, and hate fuck her and then forget her.

WIA

If a woman is dating online and is first to contact, you know she's bottom barrel period.

On the other hand the ones who don't contact men are only there for attention. Online dating is shit.

In my experience, chicks typically don't stick to the agreed time which is probably more to do with their "game" that they're running than being inconsiderate or rude (i.e. want to appear to not be too invested etc)

Sure, it's inconsiderate/rude if they show up late, but if they text beforehand and tell me that (within a reasonable timeframe), then all is well.

Maybe it's time to give the online hookup thing a miss for a bit if it raises your blood pressure that much - and go with the boots on the ground approach which you seem to be doing ok with. You'll certainly avoid the non-congruent pic vs real-life issues that you're facing too.

You need to switch things up. Online dating is gay as fuck but it is easy. It is just a tool, use it as such.
1. You should always show up late. Tell her meet you at 7 , you get there at 7:30
2. When you are at the bar, you are there to socialize and have a drink. Make it more about you enjoying your life than a date with her.
3. With internet dating, you should manage your expectations. It's just a way to get out on the scene. The date is secondary.
4. Instead of bailing I think you should stick it out and be very sexually forward. Throw the hail mary and see if she bangs. You got nothing to lose.
5. If you do bail on her don't go home. Continue the hunt. That's why you left the house in the first place.

Quote: (05-11-2013 10:32 AM)kenny_powers Wrote:  

You need to switch things up. Online dating is gay as fuck but it is easy. It is just a tool, use it as such.
1. You should always show up late. Tell her meet you at 7 , you get there at 7:30
2. When you are at the bar, you are there to socialize and have a drink. Make it more about you enjoying your life than a date with her.
3. With internet dating, you should manage your expectations. It's just a way to get out on the scene. The date is secondary.
4. Instead of bailing I think you should stick it out and be very sexually forward. Throw the hail mary and see if she bangs. You got nothing to lose.
5. If you do bail on her don't go home. Continue the hunt. That's why you left the house in the first place.

Almost, these bitches are so flajky they are over an hour late, what he needs to do is game at a nearby place, if nothing pops up show up only when the old bitch txts him a "I'm here where are you" message.

I think whether or not you bail immediately depends on how much trouble you went through for the date. If it was a lot of prep and travel time, I agree that you should try to make something of the night, namely trying to push up on another chick in the venue or a nearby location. If it wasn't a lot of time and effort to get there, have your drink and bail. If she's more than 15 minutes late, and you don't receive a message saying she's running late with an ETA, fuck her. That's clear disrespect and disregard for your time, and I wouldn't try to reschedule. She'd be cancelled.

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

Divorco, you need to screen a little harder. Yes, if a woman contacts you first, there's something wrong. People...especially women are always late. You should try to arrive 15 minutes late, which is tolerable, but I think 30 minutes is rude. 15 minutes late plus waiting at most another 30 minutes, then you leave, that's my system. Frankly I don't expect anyone to be right on time.