rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Your Phone vs Your Heart

Your Phone vs Your Heart

March 23, 2013
Your Phone vs. Your Heart
By BARBARA L. FREDRICKSON

CAN you remember the last time you were in a public space in America and didn’t notice that half the people around you were bent over a digital screen, thumbing a connection to somewhere else?

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/24/opinio...nted=print

Your Phone vs Your Heart

Personally I think that eliminating the phone-as-security-blanket phenomenon is one of those self-improvement issues that need to go straight up to the top of the list.

I think it's made people more passive aggressive and pussified. Me personally, I try to avoid any misconceptions via text or email, so anything important gets done face to face.

Your Phone vs Your Heart

I'd have to agree.

Every time I walk past someone on campus now, they whip out their smart phone and dick around on it just to avoid the brief and possible discomfort of looking me in the eye.

[Image: staringcontest-truegrit-cat1.gif]

“I have a very simple rule when it comes to management: hire the best people from your competitors, pay them more than they were earning, and give them bonuses and incentives based on their performance. That’s how you build a first-class operation.”
― Donald J. Trump

If you want some PDF's on bodyweight exercise with little to no equipment, send me a PM and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Your Phone vs Your Heart

Smartphones are abused by the masses. They are great though when you really think about it. I don't feel I abuse mine. The only time I go on the web when I'm not actually using it for something I really need, is when I'm bored, waiting for a bus or something like that, then I usually come to the forum. I used my phone a dozen times today for instances I really needed it for. For example, looking up the number to a store a couple towns away, finding directions to a restaurant, finding where in town the aquarium was located. I suppose this wasn't something I REALLY needed to do, but it was convenient none the less.. My mom is traveling to Saint Kitts tomorrow, I was telling her about the booze drinking monkeys they have there. She thought I was full of shit, so I went on youtube and showed her a video. It also made for a cool discussion for the next 5 minutes with our lunch party. Smart phones can really be great, they just shouldn't be abused to the extent they are in the states.

Your Phone vs Your Heart

Thai girls have those motherfuckers glued to their faces. I hate it. I had to put a stop to my girl using her phone when we are at dinner. Like IP said, smartphones are great when you need them, but I hate the motherfuckers. The sad part is, I'm addicted to mine. First thing I do when I wake up in the AM? Take a shit and hop on this forum to chat with you assholes. What does that do? Means my morning shit now takes 30 minutes instead of 3.

My last time in Thailand all I had was a brick Nokia. It was great. When I went back to the US and broke out the ole' HTC I realized how addicted I was to the piece of shit. I got my phone pick pocketed in Saigon a few weeks ago and didn't have a phone for 3-4 days. It's amazing. You don't even miss the thing. Like at all. Of course, in this day and age, it isn't practical to not have a phone. So what did I do? Went out and bought another HTC to glue my stupid face to. Fuckin retard I am.

Your Phone vs Your Heart

If I had enough cash I just wouldn't carry a phone. If someone wanted to reach me they'd have to know me or at least know where I live. The benefits are two fold I wouldn't have to call people and I wouldn't be bothered by people calling me, trying to chase me down, and I'd have no need for any fucking phone game!

One more note I'd also ask those seeing me to turn their phone off completely or forget it. Its too much of a distraction for most people to have a decent interaction with these days.

Your Phone vs Your Heart

My smart phone broke a few months ago and I had to connect an old slider phone. I think it was a blessing in disguise because I don't know I'll ever go back to a smart phone. That shit is like a drug and it just seems feminine to me to have your face all in a tiny screen 24/7 when you leave your house. You just look like a bitch when you can't put it away. I bet 99% of kids couldn't look at a map and find their way across town with it. Anyone remember getting lost on purpose and finding out about new things? FUck, I'm glad I missed the smart phone wave and grew up without phones around. Young people do not know how to socialize outside of their groups, it's weird.

Your Phone vs Your Heart

My phone is for emergencies and work for the most part. If I'm talking to someone and they pull out their phone I'll change the topic to how in some countries I've been to the girls never do that and they consider it very rude. Then I'll add how I liked it more that way since the convo always so much more sincere.

If the girl can't figure out your telling her to stop being a little cunt after that, then grab her phone and throw it against the wall.