rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

A Simple (Online) Experiment in Being Handsome

I created a fake online dating profile using a photo I found on the web. I'm not good at measuring mens' appearance, so I compared pictures at a rating site. The photo outperforms all others I tested. It is not a model shot, but has a real plausible appearance. For some reason, women really like it.

When women message my real profile, they have lots of shit tests before giving their numbers. Then they are "busy" and struggle to make time for a date (even though they have time for "girls night out"). And this is after my profile indicates I'm rich, educated, with witty non-needy banter.

But my alter-ego doesn't get any of that bullshit. He is broke and lives with his "ex-girlfriend". His profile has almost no information. Women are looking for "relationships" and he is looking for short-term dating. No matter, women are ready to meet him for drinks immediately. No shit-testing, no questions. Dang, that's what it is like to be really handsome.

Perhaps you think you don't need game advice from a guy who is handsome. But maybe not. I recommend doing this to experience what alpha appearance feels like. You are anonymous, so you will feel liberated to say and ask whatever you want. You can be sexually forward, and women will not be offended. Hopefully this will rub off on your real game. You will learn that women tolerate a lot of frank and forward comments when they are attracted to you. Conversely, when you have the confidence of being the best-looking guy on the web, you don't hold back. Learn to keep that frame and screen out women who are not attracted.

Being handsome and being alpha are not the same thing. I know good looking dudes who are very beta.

To be successful in online dating, you need really good pictures.

My friend who has a receding hair line at 23 has some good pictures of him at Bonnaroo and other places with friends. He looks relaxed, natural, and at ease. Helped that his best friend was a good photographer.

Compare to my photos, they're all dorky groups shoots with people. I suck at force smiling and it shows.

Yet in real life I get called hot. Go figure.

Quote: (05-06-2013 07:15 PM)Divorco Wrote:  

I created a fake online dating profile using a photo I found on the web. I'm not good at measuring mens' appearance, so I compared pictures at a rating site. The photo outperforms all others I tested. It is not a model shot, but has a real plausible appearance. For some reason, women really like it.

When women message my real profile, they have lots of shit tests before giving their numbers. Then they are "busy" and struggle to make time for a date (even though they have time for "girls night out"). And this is after my profile indicates I'm rich, educated, with witty non-needy banter.

But my alter-ego doesn't get any of that bullshit. He is broke and lives with his "ex-girlfriend". His profile has almost no information. Women are looking for "relationships" and he is looking for short-term dating. No matter, women are ready to meet him for drinks immediately. No shit-testing, no questions. Dang, that's what it is like to be really handsome.

Perhaps you think you don't need game advice from a guy who is handsome. But maybe not. I recommend doing this to experience what alpha appearance feels like. You are anonymous, so you will feel liberated to say and ask whatever you want. You can be sexually forward, and women will not be offended. Hopefully this will rub off on your real game. You will learn that women tolerate a lot of frank and forward comments when they are attracted to you. Conversely, when you have the confidence of being the best-looking guy on the web, you don't hold back. Learn to keep that frame and screen out women who are not attracted.

post your profiles. i'll post mine too

Quote: (05-06-2013 07:24 PM)frenchie Wrote:  

To be successful in online dating, you need really good pictures.

My friend who has a receding hair line at 23 has some good pictures of him at Bonnaroo and other places with friends. He looks relaxed, natural, and at ease. Helped that his best friend was a good photographer.

Compare to my photos, they're all dorky groups shoots with people. I suck at force smiling and it shows.

Yet in real life I get called hot. Go figure.

It's ALL about picture quality.

I don't have that many pics of myself (why would I? or why would any guy for that matter?), and when I'm out and pics are taken with girls or friends, they're on other people cameras and I usually never see the pics again.

Girls obsess with taking pics of themselves and select the top 1% of their collection to post online, often obscuring the truth about age and weight - as Roosh's "Patricia's Smartphone" blog entry points out.

This is an interesting experiment divorco, and could give insight on what it's really like being top-tier handsome and trying to pull online.

Personally though, I decided to stop fucking with online all together because of it's many flaws.

"...it's the quiet cool...it's for someone who's been through the struggle and come out on the other side smelling like money and pussy."

"put her in the taxi, put her number in the trash can"

It's not just the handsome photo. The vagueness of the profile, living with an ex Gf etc all scream alpha male.

Quote: (05-06-2013 07:18 PM)JJ Roberts Wrote:  

Being handsome and being alpha are not the same thing. I know good looking dudes who are very beta.

So do I. They end up getting tied down and married very early on.

Team Nachos

This is a cool experiment, I like it. Keep us updated.

Make the profile similar to yours, not same job obviously, use direct game. You'll get hit up much more. Not sleazy but like this "hey I saw your profile and thought xyz (some activity in profile) was cute" she'll respond.

Try with an uglier guy, you'll get goosed. Have fun with it, I've also done this before. Which led me to read 10 books on physical appearance + fashion.

IMHO average guy can increase his looks by 2-3points if he wants. But most have too big of an ego to learn about male attractiveness.

People think I am a "hater" on here when it comes to looks it couldnt be further from the truth. People misinterpret my tone + point frequently. I think it's awesome that some people can just email with "damn you're hot lets get married and have 10 kids" and get laid (yes have seen this go down line for line and work).

As I always say, if you can't judge a man's looks how the hell are you going to improve on your own looks. People just have stupid levels of homophobia. GTFO and learn some fashion sense and rules of body symmetry.

The last problem is most guys use "looks" as an excuse for not getting laid saying everyone they meet is a 10 "Lolz" at that mindset when they can"t even judge his looks in the first place. That is also a pathetic attempt to avoid approaching women. Anyone on this forum can become a 6-7 at minimum which means everyone can bang an 8. Unfortunately, no one is willing to look in the mirror or put in the work, which is great, more bitches for the work horses. Like us on rvf.
Quote: (05-06-2013 07:15 PM)Divorco Wrote:  

What WestCoast said.. Contacts and a fitting haircut gave me maybe +2 facial points.. (4-5 to 6-7). Decent enough to get work done. I've had a few really good looking friends who also knew game, and who helped me out. Same applies to body, but there you can gain maybe 3-4 points by lifting and eating right... endless possibilities! Progressing with what you got gives you a lot of happiness; hard to compare to naturally aesthetic people but I'll take it!

Quote: (05-09-2013 02:29 AM)Norset Wrote:  

What WestCoast said.. Contacts and a fitting haircut gave me maybe +2 facial points.. (4-5 to 6-7). Decent enough to get work done. I've had a few really good looking friends who also knew game, and who helped me out. Same applies to body, but there you can gain maybe 3-4 points by lifting and eating right... endless possibilities! Progressing with what you got gives you a lot of happiness; hard to compare to naturally aesthetic people but I'll take it!

Good for you man.No where did I say good looking guys can't have game either. Ideally you got both.

Why the hell would anyone not want to learn how to be an attractive man? I don't really understand. I can rate a guy on the 1-10 scale in 15 seconds. This is also why I can help with clothing color choice, and proportions as well.

If I can't tell who is attractive... I can't make myself more attractive. Pretty simple concept.

Break it down dude.

I'm very interested in what you're exactly saying here.

Frankly I'm an average or below average looking guy, but I make it a point to be groomed well and wear sharp fitting clothes.

[quote='WestCoast' pid='441384' dateline='1368083763']

IMHO average guy can increase his looks by 2-3points if he wants. But most have too big of an ego to learn about male attractiveness.

GTFO and learn some fashion sense and rules of body symmetry.

Hi I have experimented with putting body shots (i.e. shirtless, or on the beach) of hotter men on my online profile (without their face or far away) and it has helped me increase my dates. I just look for their pics online and find someone who has a similar bodytype as mine but way hotter.

Once you're in bed naked with her she wont remember how you looked like "shirtless" online unless there is a huge discrepancy (i.e. you're fat)...and even then it's too late, you tell her that shot was "last year when you were workout out like a bunny"

@sirob what I am referring to is knowing exactly what you correct proportions will be, what colors will best suit you. Maybe you can get fake eye contacts (I haven't taken it to that extreme) but you get the idea. Checklist to see how savvy you are in maxing looks.

1. Eye color for your skin color
2. Hairstyle for your forehead shape
3. Sunglasses for facial structure
4. Shoulder to waist ideal, wrist to forearm ideal, elbow to bicep/tricep ideal, knee to thigh ideal, ankle to calf ideal
5. If you want a beach type body or a night time going out body. (Note a beach body will likely make you age at a slower rate because it requires more muscle density and less fat, as you know increase in muscle = lower cortisol and higher test levels)
6. What colors match?
7. What patterns match
8. What colors match your skin tone, eye color and facial features
9. What shoes go best for your height/weight? Should it change as you gain weight
10. What suits/shirts fit you off the rack?
11. Do you know for certain if the shirt fits, Ie: you should have different shirts for the "bigger night time look" versus "beach body look"
12. Which side of your face is weaker/stronger, if one is too weak it creates disproportion so you want to smile more with the droppier side until it becomes more symmetrical (your face is just a muscle, train it, cosmetic surgery to me is going too far just an opinion).
13. Do you know how to rate a guy at least in buckets of 1-5 instead of the full 1-10 ratio? Can you do this across ethnicities?

That's just off the top of my head.

Wc any books youd recomend on the topic?

Which topic? A lot of the questions are separate.

Ie: colors can be applied to Internet website design (there is a reason links are blue) as well as food logo colors (there is a reason why McDonald's and Burger King use the same color schemes)

Weight lifting is just proportions, I mentioned this before, some people think it's just about being "big" it's not. I would rather be seen as "skinny" to dudes, because girls react to proportional attractiveness. I'm not interested in bar fights and being impressive to guys, I'm interested in being physically attractive to women and being able to appear more "professional" on hello. All this helps both gettig laid and sales.

Another good book to read is the Chang win presidential candidates when the TV was invented, made the candidates become more physically attractive. People will trust an attractive person much more upon hello. Just go to a pharma sales event.

Quote: (05-09-2013 08:41 AM)GenJx Wrote:  

I mean if you put your mind to it, you can stage this easily. It's like staging a house. Assuming you are not a total fat ass, it is straightforward to get some nice fitting clothes.

Stage yourself by getting cleaned up and get a hair style.

Go to Nordstrom and consult with a personal shopper there to get some outfits picked out: one suit, one casual. Buy them but do not get any alterations done. You will need something that fits you pretty well off the rack. Why? Because you will be returning all of these clothes. So, go balls out and get yourself a Canali suit or whatever. Spend good money and take care of the clothes. Nordstrom has a great return policy.

Find a photographer. Someone who knows how to shoot people.

Hire some amateur "models" (one or two). Tell them exactly what to wear (nothing modelish), hell tell them to wear Uggs and some Yoga pants, because that's what girls wear. Go out somewhere near you that regular people go to (outside patio bar) and have yourself a model shoot.

Get 1 shot in the suit, one shot with casual stuff (near water is good), and one shot with some girls that are obviously your friends for social proof.

Get some post-processing done on the picture so they don't look too professional, and you're set.

I have not actually done this, but it does occur to me as something that's straightforward to do if you have a little bit of cash.

Wait but this requires effort and thinking, why would I do this?

Quote: (05-09-2013 10:38 AM)Menace Wrote:  

I mean if you put your mind to it, you can stage this easily. It's like staging a house. Assuming you are not a total fat ass, it is straightforward to get some nice fitting clothes.

Stage yourself by getting cleaned up and get a hair style.

Go to Nordstrom and consult with a personal shopper there to get some outfits picked out: one suit, one casual. Buy them but do not get any alterations done. You will need something that fits you pretty well off the rack. Why? Because you will be returning all of these clothes. So, go balls out and get yourself a Canali suit or whatever. Spend good money and take care of the clothes. Nordstrom has a great return policy.

Find a photographer. Someone who knows how to shoot people.

Hire some amateur "models" (one or two). Tell them exactly what to wear (nothing modelish), hell tell them to wear Uggs and some Yoga pants, because that's what girls wear. Go out somewhere near you that regular people go to (outside patio bar) and have yourself a model shoot.

Get 1 shot in the suit, one shot with casual stuff (near water is good), and one shot with some girls that are obviously your friends for social proof.

Get some post-processing done on the picture so they don't look too professional, and you're set.

I have not actually done this, but it does occur to me as something that's straightforward to do if you have a little bit of cash.

Out of curiosity, do you have pic of man you used ?
I would like to analyze what he looks like to see what features he has and work on those.
What height did you list for fake profile?

Quote: (05-09-2013 09:33 AM)WestCoast Wrote:  

Which topic? A lot of the questions are separate.

Ie: colors can be applied to Internet website design (there is a reason links are blue) as well as food logo colors (there is a reason why McDonald's and Burger King use the same color schemes)

Weight lifting is just proportions, I mentioned this before, some people think it's just about being "big" it's not. I would rather be seen as "skinny" to dudes, because girls react to proportional attractiveness. I'm not interested in bar fights and being impressive to guys, I'm interested in being physically attractive to women and being able to appear more "professional" on hello. All this helps both gettig laid and sales.

Another good book to read is the Chang win presidential candidates when the TV was invented, made the candidates become more physically attractive. People will trust an attractive person much more upon hello. Just go to a pharma sales event.

Quote: (05-09-2013 08:41 AM)GenJx Wrote:  

I think this is the wrong approach. Women aren't attracted to looks like we are, sure, it plays a role, but what's important is dominance and power. If you're a 150lbs twig with 13 inch arms and abs (not saying you are) that's not displaying power...far from it. And anyway, chances are, even if you do aimed for and wanted to be 'big' you couldn't, you'd end up somewhere in the middle, because that's the reality of natty bodybuilding as an 'average trainee'(assuming big for you is 180lbs+/16"+ arms).

I do agree that weightlifting(actually bodybuilding) is all about proportions, but you should know that as long as you do compound movements, and don't neglect bodyparts, you are not going to be disproportional. When you think of someone "big", i think you're picturing a gym monkey that took gear way too early, with overdeveloped chest/biceps and underdeveloped legs.

I think everyone should try to optimize their looks. Their style, haircut, and body..but there's something more important than that: your lifestyle. In Romania guys seem to be split into 2 categories. Those who really don't give a shit about their style/image, and those who take it to the extreme. You'll see them with plucked eyebrows, nails done, stupid 'trendy' hair, and expensive clothes, when they can't afford to buy a beer. They end up spending all the little cash they make on clothes.

I realize that most readers of this forum have no problem with buying a beer. I just think that for most men, it's better to invest their time and effort into gathering more power and resources, rather than looks. We're not women.

Even if you're not good looking, doing this can help you immensely:

http://www.okcupid.com/mybestface

That's where you post pics of yourself and people pic the best one.

Lots of things effect whether your pics are good looking. Time of day, for instance. Lots of data crunched here:

http://blog.okcupid.com/index.html/dont-b...-accident/

@ Don you're preaching to the choir. Cash wins. No doubt.

In order in terms of lifestyle: Cash, Money, Currency, Weights, Style etc...

You guys know the drill. Funny thing is, it's a vicious cycle, more cash means better food (power for the body better skin), which is better looks, which is better first impressions, which is better sales... Which is better money.... Game on

There are two types of players. The one's that study their moves and the one's that do the moves someone studied without even knowing it.

If anyone rolls through NYC, and is interested shoot me a PM. I have a solid, and very affordable men's style/looks consultant.

Basically, you give him a budget and he takes you clothes/sunglasses/hair and beard shopping and consulting. Some people have a gift for this shit, much like another guy is a good musician/artist/decision maker.

I created an OkCupid profile in January for the hell of it. I'm not Brad Pitt, but am generally considered 'handsome' and 'sexy' by the little sluts around here, but regardless I have to game too and sometimes more, because girls assume I'm a player and will shit-test the hell out of me. Posted some photos suited up doing my thing. A girl hit me up from my area, solid 7.5 latina petite, met her for drinks and banged.

So essentially my first and only OkCupid date was a success, but I wouldn't say it's easier for a good looking guy. I get emails saying I have messages from girls and when I check it it's girls who are delusional, like 6's who are very eager to meet and then some dimes who are clearly gold-digging when they see the area I live in and that's it.

I sent out a bunch of messages to the real hot ones and some were spam, some were escorts and alot went nowhere. Took alot of time to be honest. I prefer the in-person meeting girls in social situations, but if you're pulling them in then cool. A buddy of mine swears by it although the quality of his girls are 6-7's at best that's he's pulling from the site.

One lil whore had the audacity to ask me how much my watch costs in one of the pictures. This chick was a solid 9, blonde. I wrote her back 3 weeks later with this:

Me: "Target $23.48 incl. tax (not true). Sweetie can you be any more obvious?"
Her: "What are you talking about? It's a nice watch regardless if it's expensive or not : )"
Me: radio silence