rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Difference between 'a lover' and 'a boyfriend'?

By chance, I bumped into girl the other night in a busy bar district who's been giving me a lot of IOI's over the last month or two at another bar i sometimes hang out in. She said she was waiting for her 'lover'. Since this guy had not yet showed up, she then said, 'Let's find a bar a get a drink'. I told her I was about to meet another girl so couldn't but in any event within a few minutes, her 'lover' turned up.

Question is, what's the difference when a girl describes the guy that she's with as her 'lover' or her 'boyfriend'?
Cheers, AD

Doesn't matter if it's a lover, bf, husband, booty call. It's just a label. If she want to give you some, the label she put on the guy she's having sex with currently won't matter at all.

It means a guy she is banging and that they have a relationship that is not based on sexual possession

To me, it means "i am much easier now then if i was single, provided my "lover" isnt a well hung, rich, soap opera character in the flesh"

The magic words of boyfriend, lover etc always flash off a little light inside my head. I feel it goes Married > Engaged > Boyfriend > single in terms of easiest to hardest girls to get that short term fling. You'd be surprised how often even in china, you got to a nice club and are noticed having a great time with lots of people, you will be asked home by the guest of honor for a batchlorette party, since shell be getting married the next day.

lover is a guy who bangs her by spreading legs..while bf bangs in doggy style....

seriously...no difference in these two labels.

Well its not the difference of how we describe it, its how she described it as Alpha is suggesting.

If she says:

"Single" and is giving you a vibe, then she might suggesting you should take her on a date or call or build rapport etc.
"Boyfriend" and is still giving you a vibe she either wants to leave him or maybe cheat, but the point is it might be trouble, you will hear about him more than once and shit will get lame most likely.
"Lover" means she is just getting fucked and is not ashamed to tell you that and probably also wants you to fuck her.

In this case if you are just looking to fuck her, this is the best answer you could have hoped for. She has "lovers" fuckers and might add you to the list, Mega slut if you ask me.

Quote: (07-08-2010 10:55 AM)Rocco81 Wrote:  

If she says:

"Lover" means she is just getting fucked and is not ashamed to tell you that and probably also wants you to fuck her.

In this case if you are just looking to fuck her, this is the best answer you could have hoped for. She has "lovers" fuckers and might add you to the list, Mega slut if you ask me.

Thanks!!

Lover = you are one of several

Boyfriend = exclusive (SUPPOSED to, anyway)