rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Manosphere Reaction to Boston Bombing

After much consternation, I decided to create a new thread on the Boston bombing, but specifically, the manosphere's reaction to it (or lack thereof). The current Boston thread on here was very useful in talking about breaking news as it happened...this is a little different.

So the bomb hit yesterday over 24 hours ago. There has been little, to none, to zero coverage of the attack on our corner of the web. Let's run through a list of authors and their twitters to look for any type of reaction at all.

Roosh - no reaction on site or twitter
Roissy / Heartiste - one post on twitter? back to regular scheduled programming of beta cuckolding/underclass spawn/frame control
Danger and Play - nothing on either
VK / Nexxtlevel - nothing on either
Matt Forney - nothing on either
Krauser - nothing on either

GLPiggy - no opinion, reciting news
LionofBlogosphere - opinionated (anti-muslim) and political reporting

Those are the sites I check, not sure about anybody else. But driving home yesterday, I really got the sense that the red-pill crew really has jackshit to say about this. If anything, the community would put this event into the "Other" category which coincides with things like race debates, gun control debates, politics, war debates, etc. Reading through the Boston thread, the conversation turned to "Well I am a veteran, so STFU" versus "These bombings happen all the time, but we only care in the USA."

My point is this -- All of these writers are smart, intelligent, capable guys who I like to read and enjoy their take on the world. I am no playa with a passport...But I enjoy the debates, racist flame wars and all the shit that goes along with having a big group of people with a wide-ranging set of ideals having serious discussion about life and the world we live in. I feel like the manosphere is sticking its head in the sand with regards to this particular incident by ignoring and putting it into the "other" category.

I come to the vague conclusion that geopolitical debates always always always come back down to race flame wars and political flame wars. Maybe that's all human beings boil down to in the end as well, I don't know. I just wanted to point out what I thought was a little weird... as of right now, 24 hours after a MAJOR terrorist attack on a HUGE US metropolis, the manosphere has nothing to say.

It might be just the fact that it's too soon. We don't know who did it yet. We find out it's a home-grown operation white boy, then one side is going to go nuts. We find out it's a Middle Easterner, then the other side is going to go nuts....maybe people are just waiting on the facts so they can take their respective ideological sides and get to work bashing their opponents.

Ultimately, it's just a little weird to be reading typical Game posts and frame control stuff on a day like today, acting like nothing insane happened yesterday.

Thanks for reading. Stay safe and take care of yourselves and the people you love (was that beta?). Good luck.

[Image: american.gif]

Come on man, there's a 9 page long thread dedicated to this very thing. I think that speaks volumes on our reaction. To get to 9 pages when it only happened yesterday proves that there is a reaction.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. - H L Mencken

"It might be just the fact that it's too soon."

Basically.

The manosphere is a fringe news outlet. If it doesn't affect game, the hopeful death of feminism, or gender politics then it's not really game blog-worthy. They haven't caught anyone responsible either.
I wish all the survivors a speedy recovery but other than that there's not much to say about it.

Reacting is beta.

For the most part, there is nothing yet to say.

The initial reactions are primarily about comfort, support, making sure loved ones are OK, and simply spreading the word about the incident to people who have been out of touch for one reason or another. Also-- armchair forensic analysis and inane speculation about the perpetrators.

Quote: (04-16-2013 02:10 PM)stoney Wrote:  

After much consternation, I decided to create a new thread on the Boston bombing, but specifically, the manosphere's reaction to it (or lack thereof). The current Boston thread on here was very useful in talking about breaking news as it happened...this is a little different.

So the bomb hit yesterday over 24 hours ago. There has been little, to none, to zero coverage of the attack on our corner of the web. Let's run through a list of authors and their twitters to look for any type of reaction at all.

Roosh - no reaction on site or twitter
Roissy / Heartiste - one post on twitter? back to regular scheduled programming of beta cuckolding/underclass spawn/frame control
Danger and Play - nothing on either
VK / Nexxtlevel - nothing on either
Matt Forney - nothing on either
Krauser - nothing on either

GLPiggy - no opinion, reciting news
LionofBlogosphere - opinionated (anti-muslim) and political reporting

Those are the sites I check, not sure about anybody else. But driving home yesterday, I really got the sense that the red-pill crew really has jackshit to say about this. If anything, the community would put this event into the "Other" category which coincides with things like race debates, gun control debates, politics, war debates, etc. Reading through the Boston thread, the conversation turned to "Well I am a veteran, so STFU" versus "These bombings happen all the time, but we only care in the USA."

My point is this -- All of these writers are smart, intelligent, capable guys who I like to read and enjoy their take on the world. I am no playa with a passport...But I enjoy the debates, racist flame wars and all the shit that goes along with having a big group of people with a wide-ranging set of ideals having serious discussion about life and the world we live in. I feel like the manosphere is sticking its head in the sand with regards to this particular incident by ignoring and putting it into the "other" category.

I come to the vague conclusion that geopolitical debates always always always come back down to race flame wars and political flame wars. Maybe that's all human beings boil down to in the end as well, I don't know. I just wanted to point out what I thought was a little weird... as of right now, 24 hours after a MAJOR terrorist attack on a HUGE US metropolis, the manosphere has nothing to say.

It might be just the fact that it's too soon. We don't know who did it yet. We find out it's a home-grown operation white boy, then one side is going to go nuts. We find out it's a Middle Easterner, then the other side is going to go nuts....maybe people are just waiting on the facts so they can take their respective ideological sides and get to work bashing their opponents.

Ultimately, it's just a little weird to be reading typical Game posts and frame control stuff on a day like today, acting like nothing insane happened yesterday.

Thanks for reading. Stay safe and take care of yourselves and the people you love (was that beta?). Good luck.

[Image: american.gif]

These men are lifestyle and culture authors and critics not newsmen. If you want news go watch CNN.

Roosh putting out a statement is not going to bring that 8 year old back or give people back their legs. This is male logic at essence, your seeking for an emotional empty response that won't change anything. That is why you got nothing from these people. It is not they are not compassionate or not up date with events, its just it simply changes nothing to being it to light in the way in which you think is legit.

This thread kind of pissed me off actually, not sure why either. Seems like such a female thing to bring up.

Quote: (04-16-2013 02:35 PM)kosko Wrote:  

This thread kind of pissed me off actually

Me too. However, I don't think the OP means it from a bad place.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. - H L Mencken

no need to be pissed like i said in first line "much consternation"...i never post threads...

just felt a vacuum. i qualify my statements. brb gotta go feed my cats.

[Image: catlady.gif]

Quote: (04-16-2013 02:10 PM)stoney Wrote:  

I feel like the manosphere is sticking its head in the sand with regards to this particular incident by ignoring and putting it into the "other" category.

[Image: 1bfvEj1.gif]

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

When I first started going to Colombia, there were daily bombings in Bogota and people would just go on with their lives. I actually think that is the best strategy for society to take as a whole. Meanwhile, the authorities should be quietly hunting down the bad guys.

Rico... Sauve....

redundant thread.

Meanwhile Vox has a post with a 300+ comment thread on it. Bill Powell has two posts on it and the Humble Libertarian has a post on it. Probably others to. The manosphere is bigger than the small amount of blogs you read.

This thread is absurd.

I haven't seen the Food Network react. Are they sticking their heads in the sand?

People live their lives. It is a mark of resilience to appear unperturbed, but even the resilient cannot help but feel the grief of loss when an innocent 8 year old is murdered.

Just because people are talking about daygame or whatnot doesn't mean they are insensitive, or shirking their obligations to society.

I'm in Boston, several of my friends were within a couple blocks of the explosions, and I kind of like the fact that the manosphere is still operating as usual rather than aggrandizing the tragedy to satisfy some depraved publicity expectation.

Some possible manosphere threads on this and other terrorists acts:
  • Should we bring back public hangings for convicted terrorist killers?
    Are all terrorists AFCs?
    Should we bring back castration for terrorists -- then hang them publicly?

There, Stoney, there are three thread/post topics. Have at it.

I thought about this event yesterday, but not much came to mind. At risk of sounding callous, it didn't seem like a "big" deal that warranted a change of programming or routine, though I know it was a big deal to those who were affected. But things like this happen all over the world every day, and getting caught up in patriotic fervor or believing that American lives are more valuable than foreign lives isn't a normal belief in these parts.

For whatever reason, America's policies anger people. And when those who it angers feel like they have nothing to lose, or that America must be stopped, they resort to killing. So there are three things the American government can do:

1. Change its policies so that people are not angered to the point where killing people is seen as a solution.
2. Accept that there will be terrorist acts, and try to minimize them without minimizing the freedoms of its citizens.
3. Drop bombs and change laws with the hope of preventing this sort of bombing, which fuels the anger so that it will definitely happen again.

What else can be said?

Quote: (04-16-2013 02:25 PM)Grit Wrote:  

Reacting is beta.
Is not caring Alpha?

It's just like Sonny said. "Nobody cares."

I think this is framed wrong, this isn't a terrorist "attack", it is a "reaction" to US attacks. Why should I care about this attack when attacks of a much more severe magnitude occur daily in the middle east as a result of US government direct action or indirectly as a result of the instability the US government creates. If the government wants to continue on course with these kinds of policies, this will start becoming a norm, simple as that. I refuse to feed the hysteria an accept the frame of Americans as victims and that the US government is morally infallible. Maybe I also don't care because I just consider myself an American anymore, but rather a straight conservative white dude wondering what the hell kind of society he lives in and where his country went.

there is no scenario, nobody hasn't cracked a joke about it [Image: wink.gif]

Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

Quote: (04-16-2013 04:52 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

I thought about this event yesterday, but not much came to mind. At risk of sounding callous, it didn't seem like a "big" deal that warranted a change of programming or routine, though I know it was a big deal to those who were affected. But things like this happen all over the world every day, and getting caught up in patriotic fervor or believing that American lives are more valuable than foreign lives isn't a normal belief in these parts.

For whatever reason, America's policies anger people. And when those who it angers feel like they have nothing to lose, or that America must be stopped, they resort to killing. So there are three things the American government can do:

1. Change its policies so that people are not angered to the point where killing people is seen as a solution.
2. Accept that there will be terrorist acts, and try to minimize them without minimizing the freedoms of its citizens.
3. Drop bombs and change laws with the hope of preventing this sort of bombing, which fuels the anger so that it will definitely happen again.

What else can be said?

Here are my ideas.

1. Any terrorist who has killed innocents will be hung by piano wire in Times Square.

2. Any terrorist who had conspired with those who have killed innocents will be thrown into solitary confinement for life. No contact with other people, no reading matter religious or otherwise, no entertainment of any kind.

Fuck the idea of US changing OUR policies.

Kill the killers. Ideally, slowly and painfully.

Imprison the conspirators. Make their life hell.

Quote: (04-16-2013 05:24 PM)Galnuc69 Wrote:  

I think this is framed wrong, this isn't a terrorist "attack", it is a "reaction" to US attacks. Why should I care about this attack when attacks of a much more severe magnitude occur daily in the middle east as a result of US government direct action or indirectly as a result of the instability the US government creates. If the government wants to continue on course with these kinds of policies, this will start becoming a norm, simple as that. I refuse to feed the hysteria an accept the frame of Americans as victims and that the US government is morally infallible. Maybe I also don't care because I just consider myself an American anymore, but rather a straight conservative white dude wondering what the hell kind of society he lives in and where his country went.

I see.

So if we didn't go into Afghanistan, and the Taliban still ruled, THAT would have kept the country "stable," while we go in there and create "instability" by getting rid of these insane, misogynistic, stone age, barbaric, drug running fascistic zealot thugs.

Is that right?

Quote: (04-16-2013 07:09 PM)tenderman100 Wrote:  

Quote: (04-16-2013 05:24 PM)Galnuc69 Wrote:  

I see.

So if we didn't go into Afghanistan, and the Taliban still ruled, THAT would have kept the country "stable," while we go in there and create "instability" by getting rid of these insane, misogynistic, stone age, barbaric, drug running fascistic zealot thugs.

Is that right?

In relative terms yes, Tens of thousands of Americans and Afghans alike weren't dying prior to the invasion, so yeah. Nation building doesn't work. At this point I would support keeping a small contingent of troops to protect private American interests extracting lithium. Hell we should legalize opium and allow Americans to go over their to start cultivating it(not just leave it to the CIA, have a new colonial age of sorts. But nation building and "fighting to spread democracy" is a fool's enterprise.

"Misogynist", "fascist", "drug running"? The context in which you use these words makes me question if you have taken the red pill.

Quote: (04-16-2013 07:15 PM)Galnuc69 Wrote:  

In relative terms yes, Tens of thousands of Americans and Afghans alike weren't dying prior to the invasion, so yeah. Nation building doesn't work. At this point I would support keeping a small contingent of troops to protect private American interests extracting lithium. Hell we should legalize opium and allow Americans to go over their to start cultivating it(not just leave it to the CIA, have a new colonial age of sorts. But nation building and "fighting to spread democracy" is a fool's enterprise.

"Misogynist", "fascist", "drug running"? The context in which you use these words makes me question if you have taken the red pill.

Good for you.

You're an enlightened human, I am just a beta softie.

Watch this.

Men are practical. We don't spend an excessive amount of time wringing our hands unless it's warranted. In this case, being as none of the manosphere writers in question happened to be endangered by the attack, and no angle of the followup touches on game, masculinity, or feminism per se, it is truly an "other" discussion. There's a thread on this forum because we respect one another and value other posters' opinions about off-topic matters in addition to game, not because there "must" be a discussion. I don't watch the news. I didn't even find out about the attack until today (I don't have time to read every thread on the forum.) My response was "Oh my, that's too bad. I hope Obama & co. don't use this as an excuse to pass new Patriot-act type legislation or impose martial law." I did not feel a need to cry or sing a hymn to American greatness. Perhaps I would feel differently if I lived in Boston or knew one of the victims.