rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

So What Is The Best Argument For Eating Meat?

Interesting

http://www.hulu.com/watch/279734

I'm sure it works. A lot of stuff does work.

He talks about cholesterol... new studies keep on coming up talking about how cholesterol, even what we thought was bad, can in fact be good.

I know plenty of people who eat loads of meat, and they're doing fine.

It strikes me as pretty clear that you will get fat if you don't exercise. That seems to be the only variable that makes the difference no matter the treatment. So fuck this diet crap.

If you work out hard enough, you can eat as you like.

A year from now you'll wish you started today

I can post videos of nutritional gurus saying anything.

Truth is only you know your body.

Don't eat meat for a month.

See how you feel.

If you feel better, have more energy, etc. then don't start eating meat again.

If not, start eating meat.

BY the way, that's the formula for all of these "what is the best diet" discussions.

Do it yourself and see what happens. Everyone is different and what works for you might not work for me.

"Salad? That's the food that my food eats"- My Grandfather

"Feminism is a trade union for ugly women"- Peregrine

My argument for eating meat: It tastes good as fuck.

It is the reason our brains grew. It is the reason we are who we are.

It tastes great.

Why would you need more than that?

Quote:Quote:

It seems to work pretty well for this guy:

Quote: (04-13-2013 04:46 PM)MidniteSpecial Wrote:  

It is the reason our brains grew. It is the reason we are who we are.

See this:
http://paleovegan.blogspot.com/2011/11/i...issue.html

Not happening. - redbeard in regards to ETH flippening BTC

Quote: (04-13-2013 03:30 PM)vinman Wrote:  

"Salad? That's the food that my food eats"- My Grandfather

Juicing greens will immeasurably improve your health.

People always take things too far. "If greens are great, then meat is bad!"

Truth is most people eat too much meat and not enough vegetables, fruits, and nuts.

That doesn't mean we should eat no meat.

But a couch potato who isn't busting his ass at the gym and turning over protein through hard training should not be eating 8 ounces of meat a day.

Again, it's all individual.

It's tempting to rely on a guru or seek The Answer.

The truth is within each of ourselves. Experiment, find what works (or doesn't) and go from there.

There are too many good arguments. There are some for vegetarianism and veganism as well, but no vegan cultures among humans evolved, and even in vegetarian cultures, certain groups were allowed meat. Hindu warrior castes were, as meat raises physical and mental energy and aggression. For religious classes, a vegetarian diet helps to still the mind and let a person sit still in meditation for longer periods. For your "general populace", it's beneficial having weaker people who are less prone to aggression. A person can be healthy on a vegetarian diet, but if you want to be a beast, eat like one.

"Make a little music everyday 'til you die"

Voice teacher here. If you ever need help with singing, speech and diction, accent improvement/reduction, I'm your man.

Quote: (04-13-2013 05:03 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

This is probably closer to humans:

Quote: (04-13-2013 06:27 PM)JayMillz Wrote:  

Quote: (04-13-2013 05:03 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

This is probably closer to humans:

Actually , chimpanzees are closer related to humans than gorillas. Gorillas are vegetarian, but chimps are omnivores with a hunter culture. They eat fruit, bark, insects, and leaves, but they also make spears and form hunting parties.

Voice teacher here. If you ever need help with singing, speech and diction, accent improvement/reduction, I'm your man.

Gorillas have tiny penises.

Gorillas are vegetarian.

That's enough science for me.

Quote: (04-13-2013 06:36 PM)Fitzgerald Wrote:  

Actually , chimpanzees are closer related to humans than gorillas. Gorillas are vegetarian, but chimps are omnivores with a hunter culture. They eat fruit, bark, insects, and leaves, but they also make spears and form hunting parties.

I've read that Chimpanzees eat monkeys and only about 2% of thier diet consists of meat and insects http://www.allaboutwildlife.com/what-do-chimps-eat

Brazilan churrascaria restaurants, I heard that they have hot Brazilian girls working in them but this is only hearsay.

Quote: (04-13-2013 06:55 PM)Doctor Wrote:  

How do you know this? [Image: confused.gif]

I'd peg chimpanzee meat consumption at higher than 2%. They've been known to hunt ungulates, for instance. Plant material is far more abundant and easy to obtain, but that 98% is because it takes so much more vegetable matter to get the same caloric value of meat. I'm a zoology buff, I could go on all day about this, so don't tempt me, haha. Anyway, I think scotian has found the best reason by far. Churrascaria chicks are the bomb.

Quote: (04-13-2013 07:02 PM)JayMillz Wrote:  

Quote: (04-13-2013 06:55 PM)Doctor Wrote:  

How do you know this? [Image: confused.gif]

Jared Diamond "The Third Chimpanzee".

Quote: (04-13-2013 06:24 PM)Fitzgerald Wrote:  

There are too many good arguments. There are some for vegetarianism and veganism as well, but no vegan cultures among humans evolved, and even in vegetarian cultures, certain groups were allowed meat. Hindu warrior castes were, as meat raises physical and mental energy and aggression. For religious classes, a vegetarian diet helps to still the mind and let a person sit still in meditation for longer periods. For your "general populace", it's beneficial having weaker people who are less prone to aggression. A person can be healthy on a vegetarian diet, but if you want to be a beast, eat like one.

No vegan culture ever evolved because it simply wasn't feasible. Don't forget that for most of human history, the vast majority of people were in agriculture...simply because food was pretty scarce. People ate whatever they could to survive, meat was obviously attractive due to its high caloric density. Though nowadays it's easy to be ripped while being vegan (check out veganbodybuilding.com if you don't believe me).

Like the hard-core carnivores, we have fairly simple digestive systems well suited to the consumption of animal protein, which breaks down quickly. Contrary to what your magazine article says, the human small intestine, at 23 feet, is a little under eight times body length (assuming a mouth-to-anus "body length" of three feet). This is about midway between cats (three times body length), dogs (3-1/2 times), and other well-known meat eaters on the one hand and plant eaters such as cattle (20 to 1) and horses (12 to 1) on the other. This tends to support the idea that we are omnivores.

Herbivores also have a variety of specialized digestive organs capable of breaking down cellulose, the main component of plant tissue. Humans find cellulose totally indigestible, and even plant eaters have to take their time with it.
[...]
Here it seems to me the best evidence is our history as a species. We have been happily eating meat for at least two million years, and probably much longer. The common view among anthropologists, in fact, is that increased meat consumption was a key element in the development of human culture, since getting and distributing the stuff requires cooperation.

http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read...-by-nature

Quote: (04-13-2013 10:58 PM)Sombro Wrote:  

Like the hard-core carnivores, we have fairly simple digestive systems well suited to the consumption of animal protein, which breaks down quickly. Contrary to what your magazine article says, the human small intestine, at 23 feet, is a little under eight times body length (assuming a mouth-to-anus "body length" of three feet). This is about midway between cats (three times body length), dogs (3-1/2 times), and other well-known meat eaters on the one hand and plant eaters such as cattle (20 to 1) and horses (12 to 1) on the other. This tends to support the idea that we are omnivores.

Herbivores also have a variety of specialized digestive organs capable of breaking down cellulose, the main component of plant tissue. Humans find cellulose totally indigestible, and even plant eaters have to take their time with it.
[...]
Here it seems to me the best evidence is our history as a species. We have been happily eating meat for at least two million years, and probably much longer. The common view among anthropologists, in fact, is that increased meat consumption was a key element in the development of human culture, since getting and distributing the stuff requires cooperation.

http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read...-by-nature

Counterargument:
http://paleovegan.blogspot.com/2012/12/f...ought.html
(In a nutshell, just because we've evolved to eat meat doesn't mean we should if we want to achieve optimal health)

Because if I don't eat it, I feel weaker, slower, less powerful, with less stamina, less explosive power, and I get skinny and lacking in muscle which causes me to feel less then 100% and thus my confidence suffers and I feel like I should be eating more meat.

Just had some of Lucky's beef soup:

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-22068-...#pid407230

Quote: (04-13-2013 07:24 PM)Fitzgerald Wrote:  

I'd peg chimpanzee meat consumption at higher than 2%. They've been known to hunt ungulates, for instance. Plant material is far more abundant and easy to obtain, but that 98% is because it takes so much more vegetable matter to get the same caloric value of meat. I'm a zoology buff, I could go on all day about this, so don't tempt me, haha. Anyway, I think scotian has found the best reason by far.

I was watching a video the other night where a doctor stated that a 600lb gorilla has the strength to bench-press 4000lbs. Can you imagine?

I don't like chimpanzees. They're some evil bastards!

I hate Americans' view towards diet and health. It's like we're always looking at what we can ADD or DO to improve our health.

The older I get, the more I believe it's about what you can TAKE away or NOT DO that will greatly increase your health. I'd challenge anyone who was overweight or had issues with diabetes, hypertension, etc...to do any of the following:

-stop eating any and all fast food
-stop drinking any and all soda, including energy drinks
-stop eating any and all processed food. No more stouffer's lasagna, no more frozen meals, no more breakfast cereal, cookies.

This right here is about 90% of the problem. Okay, so you eliminate all processed foods. For some people this means they have to throw out 100% of their fridge and pantry contents. Here's the hard part: change. You get hungry, so what's to eat? How about making a salad? Oh, it doesn't taste as good? Boo-fucking-hoo. Go eat a snicker's bar and have fun in the ER, fattie. What about a chicken breast? Shit, eat it with the skin on, and eat the dark meat too. Eat some eggs, or some beef that hasn't been pumped full of growth hormones. Grassfed beef is expensive but the ground stuff is pretty cheap. Grill up some patties and make a burger without the bun. Throw in a side of roasted broccolini or sauteed spinach. You get sugar cravings? Eat some strawberries and whipped cream.

There. I didn't need a 90 minute documentary. Get people to follow that advice and you've eliminated most of the problem, and I haven't even brought up exercise. But people have to want to change, they have to get out of the sheeple mindset. If they have to wait for their doctor to tell them that there's a problem, then they deserve whatever they get. People that think that pills are the solution deserve what they get. There's more than enough information out there, FREE information, on the internet, in bookstores, on how to attain a very high level of health.

The problem is laziness and complacency.

"...so I gave her an STD, and she STILL wanted to bang me."

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK