rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Lee Marvin's Interview Shows Importance of Not Taking Girls Seriously

Lee Marvin was a tough guy actor. He starred in The Dirty Dozen, Point Blank, and The Iceman Cometh. Years ago, Roger Ebert interviewed him for this piece.

http://www.rogerebert.com/interviews/who...lee-marvin

Though he was smashed for the entire interview, he still displayed that winning attitude that girls just lap up.

Quote:Quote:

"Where's that fucking beer, baby?" He dropped the book on the rug. "Look, if I want to develop an image, I'll do it my own fucking way."

Michelle went into the kitchen to get a beer. . .

Michelle returned with a bottle of Heineken. Marvin drank from the bottle, a long, deep drink, and then he smiled at her. "You gonna take off your clothes and jump on him now? Or later?" He smiled again. "Michelle, she's a good sport."

"Lee!" Michelle said.

Lee Marvin orders his girl around like a servant. Her response indicates she can't get enough of it.

Here Marvin deals with typical female nonsense by not taking his girl seriously.

"It's about love,” Michelle said. "It's looking at people. Look at me with love, Lee."

"Take off your clothes, baby." Whistle. "Who takes the Pill for us now?" Pop! . . .And still she wants to marry me," Marvin said. "It used to be, we'd check into a hotel, it was Mr. Marvin and Miss Triola. So she changed her name to Marvin, to save all that embarrassment. Now it's Mr. Marvin and Miss Marvin "

Here, she's shit-testing (mildly), and Marvin passes it (brilliantly). She's talking about love and tells him to look at her. He tells her to take her clothes off. Would it have been so hard to look at her lovingly? No. But Lee Marvin does as he pleases, and that's why she loves him.

While her changing her name to Marvin would seem like the mark of strong game, this move that she made to save herself from embarassment would come to bite Lee Marvin in the ass. Michelle Triola Marvin later unsuccessfully sued Lee Marvin for "palimony." It was the first case of its type. Dick Van Dyke eventually married Lee Marvin's sloppy seconds.

Marvin speaks what now would be considered a career-ending blunder where he effortlessly slaps down Triola's notions of feminism.

"Playboy exploits women," Michelle said. "Women's liberation is against Playboy."

"Against Playboy?" Marvin said. "Whyever more?"

"It exploits women," Michelle said. "It presents women as sex objects."

"Why not?" Marvin said. "Take a snatch away from a broad and what's she got left?" Marvin spread his legs and breathed deeply." Oh me oh my, why must I be a sex symbol? Why won't they let me act?”

What a great answer. He quickly refutes the feminist ideas about objectification with the truth about a woman's value, then he mocks the ideas. I can't imagine what would happen if a famous actor (say Mark Wahlberg) said something even remotely resembling this.

There's also this story Marvin tells about Paul Newman:

"I never talked to Newman in my life. No, I talked to him on Park Avenue once. Only to give him a piece of advice. This fifteen-year-old girl wanted his autograph. He told her he didn't give autographs, but he'd buy her a beer. 'Paul,' I said, 'She's only fifteen.' I don't give a shit, he said."

Paul Newman had that winning attitude too.

Finally, Lee Marvin has some great relationship advice:

The only way to solve a situation with a girl," he said, "is just jump on her and things will work out."

When you're sufficiently high value and have that winning attitude, it's easy to ride out the difficulties in your relationship. Whenever there's a problem, just laugh it off and let everything work out by hitting it right.

Sure, Lee Marvin was famous, which helped him get who he wanted, but his attitude made them stick around and fall for him. It is difficult to develop the fame that Lee Marvin had, but it's easy to have his successful attitude towards girls. Don't take girls seriously.

There is so much WIN in this article I don't know where to start. Thanks for posting this. This shit is MONEY.

"Feminism is a trade union for ugly women"- Peregrine

man that is just gold. Guy must have lived a pretty incredible life fo who

2015 RVF fantasy football champion

[Image: bump.gif]

Because there is always something good to learn from elders

Tell them too much, they wouldn't understand; tell them what they know, they would yawn.
They have to move up by responding to challenges, not too easy not too hard, until they paused at what they always think is the end of the road for all time instead of a momentary break in an endless upward spiral

Good game advice is always good game advice. Old school representin'.

Lee Marvin is not a good role model for us. Didn't anyone hear about The Marvin V. Marvin "Palimony" Suit: 1979
http://law.jrank.org/pages/3295/Marvin-V...-1979.html

Quote: (07-15-2015 01:08 AM)PastTense Wrote:  

Lee Marvin is not a good role model for us. Didn't anyone hear about The Marvin V. Marvin "Palimony" Suit: 1979

Hang on...so he got fucked over by the system that awarded money to a squeeze he'd thrown over?
[Image: wtf.jpg]

Per Ardua Ad Astra | "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum"

Cobra and I did some awesome podcasts with awesome fellow members.

Quote: (07-15-2015 01:08 AM)PastTense Wrote:  

Right, it's in the OP.

I think this his game is solid. Just jump on her and fuck her brains out if you are having a problem.

Quote: (04-12-2013 08:09 PM)Bacchus Wrote:  

Lee Marvin was a tough guy actor. He starred in The Dirty Dozen, Point Blank, and The Iceman Cometh. Years ago, Roger Ebert interviewed him for this piece.

http://www.rogerebert.com/interviews/who...lee-marvin

Though he was smashed for the entire interview, he still displayed that winning attitude that girls just lap up.

"Where's that fucking beer, baby?" He dropped the book on the rug. "Look, if I want to develop an image, I'll do it my own fucking way."

Michelle went into the kitchen to get a beer. . .

Michelle returned with a bottle of Heineken. Marvin drank from the bottle, a long, deep drink, and then he smiled at her. "You gonna take off your clothes and jump on him now? Or later?" He smiled again. "Michelle, she's a good sport."

"Lee!" Michelle said.

Lee Marvin orders his girl around like a servant. Her response indicates she can't get enough of it.

Here Marvin deals with typical female nonsense by not taking his girl seriously.

"It's about love,” Michelle said. "It's looking at people. Look at me with love, Lee."

"Take off your clothes, baby." Whistle. "Who takes the Pill for us now?" Pop! . . .And still she wants to marry me," Marvin said. "It used to be, we'd check into a hotel, it was Mr. Marvin and Miss Triola. So she changed her name to Marvin, to save all that embarrassment. Now it's Mr. Marvin and Miss Marvin "

Here, she's shit-testing (mildly), and Marvin passes it (brilliantly). She's talking about love and tells him to look at her. He tells her to take her clothes off. Would it have been so hard to look at her lovingly? No. But Lee Marvin does as he pleases, and that's why she loves him.

While her changing her name to Marvin would seem like the mark of strong game, this move that she made to save herself from embarassment would come to bite Lee Marvin in the ass. Michelle Triola Marvin later unsuccessfully sued Lee Marvin for "palimony." It was the first case of its type. Dick Van Dyke eventually married Lee Marvin's sloppy seconds.

Marvin speaks what now would be considered a career-ending blunder where he effortlessly slaps down Triola's notions of feminism.

"Playboy exploits women," Michelle said. "Women's liberation is against Playboy."

"Against Playboy?" Marvin said. "Whyever more?"

"It exploits women," Michelle said. "It presents women as sex objects."

"Why not?" Marvin said. "Take a snatch away from a broad and what's she got left?" Marvin spread his legs and breathed deeply." Oh me oh my, why must I be a sex symbol? Why won't they let me act?”

What a great answer. He quickly refutes the feminist ideas about objectification with the truth about a woman's value, then he mocks the ideas. I can't imagine what would happen if a famous actor (say Mark Wahlberg) said something even remotely resembling this.

There's also this story Marvin tells about Paul Newman:

"I never talked to Newman in my life. No, I talked to him on Park Avenue once. Only to give him a piece of advice. This fifteen-year-old girl wanted his autograph. He told her he didn't give autographs, but he'd buy her a beer. 'Paul,' I said, 'She's only fifteen.' I don't give a shit, he said."

Paul Newman had that winning attitude too.

Finally, Lee Marvin has some great relationship advice:

The only way to solve a situation with a girl," he said, "is just jump on her and things will work out."

When you're sufficiently high value and have that winning attitude, it's easy to ride out the difficulties in your relationship. Whenever there's a problem, just laugh it off and let everything work out by hitting it right.

Sure, Lee Marvin was famous, which helped him get who he wanted, but his attitude made them stick around and fall for him. It is difficult to develop the fame that Lee Marvin had, but it's easy to have his successful attitude towards girls. Don't take girls seriously.

The dude sure was a badass. I used to think Clooney was our generation's badass, until he turned all SJW and then married a SJW.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro" -- Hunter S. Thompson

"Knowledge without mileage is bullshit" -- Henry Rollins

"Fine....you go ahead and run down the hill and fuck one of those cows. But me, I'm going to walk down and fuck 'em all" -- Wise Old Bull