rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Roosh's Revelation

Roosh's Revelation

"For the previous two years I was searching hard for poosy paradise. I believed that within the first week a city should slap me across the face and announce if it was paradise or not, but Kamal did the opposite. He went to a city that wasn’t poosy paradise and made it so. He created paradise from something mediocre by putting in his blood and sweat, while I was living the life of a wandering gypsy, expecting paradise to be handed to me merely from my ability to hop on an airplane. I saw the flaw in my approach, and on the bus ride to my next city, I was ready to change the game that I’ve been running for all of my adult life."

I am pleased to see this revelation. This type of "game" can be run anywhere and can create a pleasing lifestyle. I was able to do this in DC and had a steady supply of 7's and 8's making me happy, while being able to live near my family and old friends.

When I see guys slam DC constantly, I think to myself, they must not be the 'king of the city' like I am. And I'm not even the real king. I'm just a guy that tips well, smiles at doormen and hostesses, makes friends with everyone such that when I show up I get bumped to the head of the line, or given the good table. Local credibility. When you walk down the street with a girl and people at various establishments know you and like you, it goes a long long way.

Logistics, local cred, and game. Add to it a successful professional life, being physically fit, reasonably stylish and put together and you're all set. It is the recipe and can be done anywhere.

Kudos for this evolution in thought.

Roosh's Revelation

= social proof (aka old school game knowledge)
Building a local social network from scratch, that gives you high value aka social proof is not an easy task

Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

Roosh's Revelation

I'm not sure that comment excuses D.C. for having ugly women with shitty attitudes.

Roosh's Revelation

"Building a local social network from scratch, that gives you high value aka social proof is not an easy task"

It's one of the hardest things in the world. You have to be the "sigma" of several social networks and mold them together. This is the value you add to the network. But you don't have value without (hot) chicks and cash. It's a paradox. To be able to build the network you already need the outcome of the network . You don't get into the right clubs without the hot chicks at your side or people you know.

Roosh's Revelation

Quote: (04-11-2013 09:15 AM)reaper23 Wrote:  

When I see guys slam DC constantly, I think to myself, they must not be the 'king of the city' like I am. And I'm not even the real king. I'm just a guy that tips well, smiles at doormen and hostesses, makes friends with everyone such that when I show up I get bumped to the head of the line, or given the good table. Local credibility. When you walk down the street with a girl and people at various establishments know you and like you, it goes a long long way.

Logistics, local cred, and game. Add to it a successful professional life, being physically fit, reasonably stylish and put together and you're all set. It is the recipe and can be done anywhere.

Kudos for this evolution in thought.

Yep.

This is that "Higher Level of The Game".

Roosh's Revelation

Every year there's always some poster claiming DC isn't that bad.

Then we find out the majority of his notches come from social circle game.

Couldn't u run the same game in any city? And I bet those 7s and 8s would turn into 9s.

When guys on this forum complain about DC they're are complaining about COLD pickup. Not meeting girls through social connections and local cred.

Roosh's Revelation

Quote: (04-11-2013 12:02 PM)rakishness Wrote:  

Every year there's always some poster claiming DC isn't that bad.

Then we find out the majority of his notches come from social circle game.

Couldn't u run the same game in any city? And I bet those 7s and 8s would turn into 9s.

When guys on this forum complain about DC they're are complaining about COLD pickup. Not meeting girls through social connections and local cred.

I don't think that the thread was so much about DC as it was about Roosh's story about the importance of locking down a city.

That is the positive take away.

Anecdotal evidence that it works in DC to make a guy happy just is there to strengthen the point.

Roosh's Revelation

This forum has taught me to be conscious of what I was doing to see what works and what doesn't. I always just went out, talked to a bunch of people and ended up getting laid. I never really looked at what was happening and how to duplicate it to become more successful.

This topic is a very good example.

I would end up frequenting a bar and after awhile knew all the bartenders and a lot of the customers. I never really realized that was a huge help in getting laid until I read some of Gman's posts. Not only that, but these bars were close to where I was staying. Another thing I learned on this forum was a reason for me getting laid.

Roosh's Revelation

Well to be accurate, and from what I read in the OP, he is from the area and has friends and family from the area. Not sure how that is close to moving to a city as an outsider and giving it two years to make himself a mini celebrity by establishing a social circle. Not slamming OP, but that was my observation.

Roosh's Revelation

Quote: (04-11-2013 12:24 PM)slothpiece Wrote:  

Well to be accurate, and from what I read in the OP, he is from the area and has friends and family from the area. Not sure how that is close to moving to a city as an outsider and giving it two years to make himself a mini celebrity by establishing a social circle. Not slamming OP, but that was my observation.

I don't understand. Are you trying to say you can't do what the OP did within 2 years?

Were did you get the mini celebrity thing?

Roosh's Revelation

This is very true, neither is going out gaming 4 nights a week without any.

Quote: (04-11-2013 09:42 AM)void Wrote:  

= social proof (aka old school game knowledge)
Building a local social network from scratch, that gives you high value aka social proof is not an easy task

Roosh's Revelation

It's funny. I'll go out with guys (but never again) who won't slip the door guy $20 to skip a line.

People will say that bartenders and waitresses give them dirty looks because they bring in too many girls. I always wonder, "How are you tipping?"

Probably like pikers. If you throw an extra $20 bill on top of a standard tip, are the bar staff gonna cock block you? Or are they gonna smile when you walk in and take you to your usual table?

It's that poverty mindset of clinging to every dollar that costs guys.

It's pretty cheap to "buy friends"/lock a place down. That $20 is going to go your way in the form of free drinks, anyway.

Also, instead of doing cold approaches 4 nights a week, why not spend a night at the cigar lounge talking and making contacts with older guys? Odds of meeting a restaurant owner or someone with an inside track are a lot higher.

Guys are still in the dark ages where "game" means you go out 4 nights a week and do cold approaches rather than spread the wealth at a couple of different spots and then have instant "celebrity status."

Roosh's Revelation

Quote: (04-11-2013 12:24 PM)slothpiece Wrote:  

It's easy. Here is a script.

Go to a new spot.

Talk to the bartender. Don't even "run game" on girls. Just say it's been a hectic day and you are unwinding.

"I'm new to the neighborhood, checking out places, do you live around here?"

Actually get to know the guy. Find out why he moved to the area. Find out what his hustle is. Find out what he really wants to be doing with his life.

Ask him his name and more importantly - remember it. Before you leave, "Thanks, Andy, for all the info. It was cool meeting you."

Have 2 drinks. Then leave a 50% tip.

Go back to the same spot.

Repeat.

Within 2 weeks you will have it on lockdown.

Roosh's Revelation

Quote: (04-11-2013 02:27 PM)MikeCF Wrote:  

It's easy. Here is a script.

Go to a new spot.

Talk to the bartender. Don't even "run game" on girls. Just say it's been a hectic day and you are unwinding.

"I'm new to the neighborhood, checking out places, do you live around here?"

Actually get to know the guy. Find out why he moved to the area. Find out what his hustle is. Find out what he really wants to be doing with his life.

Ask him his name and more importantly - remember it. Before you leave, "Thanks, Andy, for all the info. It was cool meeting you."

Have 2 drinks. Then leave a 50% tip.

Go back to the same spot.

Repeat.

Within 2 weeks you will have it on lockdown.

Right on Mike. I used to consult and that led me to different cities. I would just hit a place close to where I was staying and talk to people.

Always left good tips. I always ended up having way more fun than what I tipped so it was a no brainer.

Man, one place the bartenders (all women) used to bring me in the back just to do shots with them. heh

Roosh's Revelation

Quote:Quote:

I am pleased to see this revelation. This type of "game" can be run anywhere and can create a pleasing lifestyle. I was able to do this in DC and had a steady supply of 7's and 8's making me happy, while being able to live near my family and old friends.

This reads like a G Manifesto rough draft from the early 1990s.

Like when G was 12 years old and he was forming his perspective on game.

"Locking a Place Down" by Mikey Mason. 7th grade. Misses Johnson's class. 4th period. Monday, April 12th, 1992.

A rough draft.

25 years later, we get:

http://www.thegmanifesto.com/

Roosh's Revelation

MikeCF steals the show..

Roosh's Revelation

This form of Game is only accomplished if you have Game to being with and you are deep into gaming. In this form of game since you don't approach as much the opportunities are limited but with more potential. Not everyone can run this type of Game successfully. It is not just about the money it is about the ability to be able to snipe your victims with accuracy. Even if you do create a social celebrity type of vibe in a couple of regular spots you can go empty handed most of the times if you are not experience with selection. The key to this part of game is selection. This in some sort was the type of game I used to run back home on the island. Of course since I didn't have the Game I have now I normally went home empty handed, but on some nights my investment would be returned in the form of great punani for the night.

What we fail to see sometimes is that most girls frequent the same places. Girls that frequent same places as you do have a higher chance of getting fucked by you. If Roosh would stick around long enough he would see this in almost any city he goes to. The amount of social game you have will determine the amount of return on investment.

With that being said, I have always known that my end game will entitle me owning a club of some sort. I will have access to unlimited pussy potential. Imaging a older more cut throat self of you in his own pussy paradise where he is the owner figuratively and literally.

But if you don't want to go broke in this type of game stay away from the bottles. Buy one in a blue when you have a few girls around you. There is a lot more to do than what meets the eye like mentioned before. This doesn't mean you need to be rich or have more money than you have now. What this means is that you need to know in what to invest your money. The $20 tip is sure a good way. You can tell the bartender that you are in sales and on days you don't feel like giving a big tip just say that things went bad today. More than likely the bartender will understand. Also make sure that you don't give out that player vibe at first. Most bartenders from my experience don't like Alphas roaming their territory. Make them think your a chump, will make them put their guard down. When you get lucky just say she is a friend. You want to make sure that no one is hating on you for coming in and BANG stealing the pussy.

Roosh's Revelation

Quote: (04-11-2013 02:27 PM)MikeCF Wrote:  

lockdown.

Good post, but I don't think people understand D.C. The federal government limits land use, and there are many moderately affluent dual career couples. Traffic sucks and people commute far to work. There are a lot of transient military/government workers. Throw in racial diversity (black, white, Asian immigrants, Central American and African immigrants) and a lot of straight-laced people with security clearance jobs. The result is:

1) Not enough critical mass to develop a cool, hip scene.
2) Things are geographically fragmented, where people live and work in D.C., Maryland, and Virginia.
3) Crummy bar scene, due to geographical dispersion.
4) Social stratification. So social circle game is big. A lot of affluent people host parties, including happy hours at galleries and restaurants.

It doesn't help to "lock down" a geographical location like a bar. Instead you would need to lock down a social network. You could run some young professionals art gallery club, which overlaps the Ivy League wine tasting club, which overlaps the northern Virginia kickball league. Or you could host stuff for the International Club D.C., which overlaps with the Couchsurfing Meetup group, which overlaps with a Travelling Volunteers group. You cultivate credibility with the same people, or types of people, but at different times in different locales.

Roosh's Revelation

The thing about D.C....

Join the Federalist Society, Cato, or the liberal interest group equivalents. Go to a political talk and convention.

D.C. is a political town. Girls are gonna flock to the alpha males and the alpha males are doing political and think tank shit.

The game is to know people in think tanks, in embassies, and on the Hill.

If guys don't wanna play that game, cool, man, I totally get it. I turned down a job working for a Senator because I hated that shit. I could not live in D.C.

But not doing the political things in D.C. and then griping about D.C. makes as much sense as coming to SF, saying you hate weed and don't wanna be around gays, and then saying you can't find a social circle and girls aren't interested in your homophobic and anti-drug views.

Guys complaining about cities need to realize something. That city existed before you were born. To borrow a line from Obama, "You didn't build it."

If you don't like a city, why should it change for you? You're just another speck of dust. Go start over in another city.

That's what I did. I left fly over country hell over a decade ago and never looked back.

Roosh's Revelation

@MikeCF: Great post regarding the bartender.

Do you have a script for locking down bouncers? I'm in Europe and I have no idea how I'd go about this, especially since I simply don't hit the same clubs very often.

Also at most clubs there are usually 2-3 bouncers standing at the door and I have yet to see somebody grease/tip a bouncer in Europe. The bouncers me or my friends know, it's all through social circle.

Roosh's Revelation

Quote: (04-11-2013 06:57 PM)dotbiz Wrote:  

Do you have a script for locking down bouncers? I'm in Europe and I have no idea how I'd go about this, especially since I simply don't hit the same clubs very often.

Also at most clubs there are usually 2-3 bouncers standing at the door and I have yet to see somebody grease/tip a bouncer in Europe. The bouncers me or my friends know, it's all through social circle.

Do what no one else does. That's what visionaries do.

I greased a guy after LEAVING my favorite place. It was cold out and the guy was bundled up.

Just said, "Fuck, it's cold out, bro, hard to deal with these people, must be a pain in the ass."

Shock his hand, slipped him $20 with the handshake, and introduced myself and got his name. Then left.

Do you suppose that guy remembered me next time I showed up?

In fact he walked me in and told the bartender to, "Take care of him."

The Game (not the book, but life) is about finding an edge. That means observing the world, finding out what no one else is doing, and then making your move.

The masses show up, stand in line, treat bartenders like shit, don't tip all that well, don't introduce themselves to staff, flirt with hot waitresses and hostesses (rather than getting to know the male bartenders), and act like classless fucking idiots.

Show up, make yourself known in a chill way, do the opposite of what the slobs do, and now you've got your edge.

Roosh's Revelation

Quote: (04-11-2013 08:05 PM)MikeCF Wrote:  

Do what no one else does. That's what visionaries do.

I greased a guy after LEAVING my favorite place. It was cold out and the guy was bundled up.

Just said, "Fuck, it's cold out, bro, hard to deal with these people, must be a pain in the ass."

Shock his hand, slipped him $20 with the handshake, and introduced myself and got his name. Then left.

Do you suppose that guy remembered me next time I showed up?

In fact he walked me in and told the bartender to, "Take care of him."

The Game (not the book, but life) is about finding an edge. That means observing the world, finding out what no one else is doing, and then making your move.

The masses show up, stand in line, treat bartenders like shit, don't tip all that well, don't introduce themselves to staff, flirt with hot waitresses and hostesses (rather than getting to know the male bartenders), and act like classless fucking idiots.

Show up, make yourself known in a chill way, do the opposite of what the slobs do, and now you've got your edge.

Now this isn't just game- it's class.

Roosh's Revelation

Quote: (04-11-2013 03:50 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  

"Locking a Place Down" by Mikey Mason. 7th grade. Misses Johnson's class. 4th period. Monday, April 12th, 1992.

A rough draft.

25 years later, we get:

This is hilarious.

The funny thing is I have notes for The G Manifesto from back in 1999.

I didn't even know how to use the internet then, I was thinking of writing a book, because that would be a book I would want to read. I wasn't really qualified to write it then.

There is no "script" holmes.

It is just like like making friends with someone: smile, shake their hand, show them you aren't a chump, establish common ground, establish a cool positive vibe.

What do I do?

Many times I establish a common ground with them with boxing. The gyms I have boxed at and people I know in that world are world class. Bouncer always deep down wish they were professional fighters or at least appreciate it.

For instance: A bouncer is from Panama. I will ask him if he likes Roberto Duran (always a yes).

A bouncer is from Philadelphia. I will ask him if he likes Bernard Hopkins. etc.

You get the broken picture.

Or I will establish a common ground with people in Nightworld. I have been going out since I was a kid. I went to college with cats that own some of the biggest nightclubs in America. I drop names where appropriate.

Suits also help.

These guys wear suits all the time. And they usually have crappy ones (well, doormen in big cities dress fly) and can appreciate good ones.

These are just little things that work for me. This is my style though. Boxing, Smoking, Suits, Surfing, Wessyde Old-School vibe. These days cats see me, hear the way I talk, feel my vibe, they know what is up. This won't work for everyone. Mold it to how you are.

You will have to find your own style though.

As always, The Rest is Up to You...

(Side note: This is very "Higher Level of The Game" stuff. But it is not much different that what one does to swoop very fly girls, or operate in the biz world.)

Roosh's Revelation

Quote: (04-11-2013 08:11 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Quote: (04-11-2013 03:50 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  

A rough draft.

25 years later, we get:

This is hilarious.

The funny thing is I have notes for The G Manifesto from back in 1999.

I didn't even know how to use the internet then, I was thinking of writing a book, because that would be a book I would want to read. I wasn't really qualified to write it then.

There is no "script" holmes.

It is just like like making friends with someone: smile, shake their hand, show them you aren't a chump, establish common ground, establish a cool positive vibe.

What do I do?

I usually establish a common ground with them with boxing. The gyms I have boxed at and people I know in that world are world class. Bouncer always deep down wish they were professional fighters or at least appreciate it.

For instance: A bouncer is from Panama. I will ask him if he likes Roberto Duran (always a yes).

A bouncer is from Philadelphia. I will ask him if he like Bernard Hopkins. etc.

You get the broken picture.

Suits also help.

These guys wear suits all the time. And they usually have crappy ones (well, doormen in big cities dress fly) and can appreciate good ones.

These are just little things that work for me.

You will have to find your own style though.

As always, The Rest is Up to You...
Very smart. I posted a documentary on bouncers up here somewhere. I suggest that anyone is interested in the kind of game being discussed here watch that doc.

Roosh's Revelation

Must be where you are going out, but you're right in that there's a general anti tipping culture in europe, it's why me and my boys do the opposite, therefore we are treated like Kings when we return.

Don't forget to check out my latest post on Return of Kings - 6 Things Indian Guys Need To Understand About Game

Desi Casanova
The 3 Bromigos