rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

ROK is indeed down

ROK is indeed down

Suspicious timing, I must say. Someone is claiming responsibility...

http://www.reddit.com/r/Portland/comment...hy/c9bdgi4

Our $4 a day in ad revenue is going down the drain.. oh no! [Image: lol.gif]

Now it's a wait and see to see what my host says.

ROK is indeed down

Given the nature of the content, how are you running ads on there? We got denied permission to use ads on our site because of what we're writing and the adult content.

ROK is indeed down

Matt - ROK is a high traffic site so Roosh is doing private ads not google ads.

Don't forget to check out my latest post on Return of Kings - 6 Things Indian Guys Need To Understand About Game

Desi Casanova
The 3 Bromigos

ROK is indeed down

Yeah I'm doing private ads.

ROK is indeed down

Ohhh, fancy.

ROK is indeed down

Site seems to have come back online.. for now.

ROK is indeed down

Are the Guy Fawkes folks white knighting?

ROK is indeed down

This is clearly the fault of the patriarchy.

ROK is indeed down

They may deny us service for a few hours, but their white-knighting denies them pussy for the foreseeable future.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

ROK is indeed down

This doesn't seem to be Anonymous related.

ROK is indeed down

How pathetic are these people that if someone says their city sucks they go ape shit? They have no individual identity but rather a peer/class/clique-based identity, so I guess an attack on Portland is an attack on them. Weak.

ROK is indeed down

Quote: (04-09-2013 10:55 AM)Tuthmosis Wrote:  

They may deny us service for a few hours, but their white-knighting denies them pussy for the foreseeable future.

[Image: tumblr_m5pkbm499O1rwcc6bo1_500.gif]

ROK is indeed down

Another white-knight seems to have stepped in:

[Image: attachment.jpg11025]   

[Image: attachment.jpg11026]   

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

ROK is indeed down

Hmm, it's up for me right now.

ROK is indeed down

Been working fine for me all morning.

ROK is indeed down

Roosh if it becomes a repeat issue you could always sign up with cloudflare

ROK is indeed down

Quote: (04-09-2013 07:18 AM)Roosh Wrote:  

Suspicious timing, I must say. Someone is claiming responsibility...

http://www.reddit.com/r/Portland/comment...hy/c9bdgi4

Our $4 a day in ad revenue is going down the drain.. oh no! [Image: lol.gif]

Now it's a wait and see to see what my host says.

Why don't you sell via BuySellAds or something? $4 a day is kinda low for a relatively high-traffic site like ROK...

ROK is indeed down

Nah, definetly wasn't "Anonymous", all in all they've quite the same opinion on this topic like us.
Not to mention them being such a huge loose mass that is really hard to organize and not easy to convince... just no way .

The imagination of some male white knights sitting on their computer and DDoSing ROK is too horrible to be true.

Maybe even a bunch of buttfrustrated females (the fat kind that nobody wants of course) and feminists came together and one of 'em eventuelly knew what this DDoSing is all about and just gave all of them the tool for it which every child could operate.

ROK is indeed down

It would be epic if a frustrated, pissed off computer guy that just wanted a decent woman to marry took down Jezebel.

Hell, I don't even get into the manosphere shit much but I would buy that man a beer.

ROK is indeed down

And down again.

ROK is indeed down

Quote: (04-09-2013 04:52 PM)Branimir Wrote:  

Nah, definetly wasn't "Anonymous", all in all they've quite the same opinion on this topic like us.
Not to mention them being such a huge loose mass that is really hard to organize and not easy to convince... just no way .

The imagination of some male white knights sitting on their computer and DDoSing ROK is too horrible to be true.

Maybe even a bunch of buttfrustrated females (the fat kind that nobody wants of course) and feminists came together and one of 'em eventuelly knew what this DDoSing is all about and just gave all of them the tool for it which every child could operate.

From what I understand, you need at least several dozen people on a botnet in order to pull off an undetectable DDoS attack. Any fewer and not only will the attack be weaker, it's easier to trace and ID the participants. It's extremely unlikely that Portlanders could gather up that many people given that its an article only on their hometown, and not something anyone outside the Pacific NW would give a shit about.

If indeed some neckbearded white knights are attacking RoK, Roosh should throw the book at them.

BTW, both RoK and my own blog are returning "500 Internal Server Error" right now, which is the error message I got when Anonymous went after me.

ROK is indeed down

Matt - Didn't you mention an argument against using Cloudflare at one point? I remember somebody telling me never to use that service because they have access to all your data, passwords, etc or something like that.

ROK is indeed down

Quote: (04-09-2013 07:25 PM)Bronan the Barbarian! Wrote:  

Matt - Didn't you mention an argument against using Cloudflare at one point? I remember somebody telling me never to use that service because they have access to all your data, passwords, etc or something like that.

That was me. I don't trust Cloudflare because in order to use their service, you have to use their custom nameservers for your domain, giving them the power to edit, censor or otherwise fuck with your site without you knowing. A better option would be some kind of paid CDN service like Amazon's Cloudfront, though the costs mean that using it is uneconomical unless you have a REALLY high-traffic site.

EDIT: Here's the original article exposing Cloudflare.

ROK is indeed down

An update: I stopped the DDoS attack on my website. Some guy was trying to brute force hack my Wordpress admin password. I solved it by banning IP addresses that were accessing my login screen and the site started working again. Ten-to-one the same guy is currently slamming RoK.