rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Skinny to Big

Skinny to Big

A lot of guys on here regularly hit the weights. Did anyone start off scrawny and gradually put on weight and muscles? Or has everyone always been at least average or chubby so it wasn't as hard to bulk up?

Skinny to Big

I was skinny teenager now I am pretty big.... It's pretty simple.... eat a lot and lift weights a lot.

Skinny to Big

I was 140 6 years ago, now I am 270+(at 6'6). Where there is a will, there is a way. Eat big, lift big.It's going to be hard work whether or not you have "genetics" or a "good base".

Skinny to Big

I was pretty scrawny. Started a solid gym routine, tracked all my results with an excel file to keep myself motivated, started to eat more (not to the point where it was uncomfortable), and protein 3x a day.

Put on a solid 2-3 lbs of lean mass a month. Adds up pretty fast.

Best thing I did was get a solid routine written down, and followed it a T for the first 3 months while recording all my weights and sets. Its pretty motivating to look back and see how much improvement there has been, doing almost double the weight that I was struggling at 3 months prior. Any time I feel like I have bad workout, I just go into my log and look back a few months and realize that bad day is still better than where I was previously.

Its a marathon not a sprint. You burn yourself out in the first mile and your gonna walk the rest.

God'll prolly have me on some real strict shit
No sleeping all day, no getting my dick licked

The Original Emotional Alpha

Skinny to Big

I started in high school so I was skin and bones. I think its easier for skinny guys to show something, they just need to lift heavy and add a little protein. Big guys need to make an entire diet change, along with lifting heavy and cardio.

Skinny to Big

I use to run a lot up until 9 months ago. I was 6'4 180. In about 9 months of less running, more focus in heavy weights, and an extra meal I am up to 225 (lean muscle) and still kept the pack.

My metabolism is still high so if I don't eat 4 meals a day I will lose weight.

Eat eat eat.

A man is only as faithful as his options-Chris Rock

Skinny to Big

respect to those who transitioned from skinny phaggot to swole mofo. i can't relate. slow metabolism brah reporting in and my problem right now is that i've overbulked.

Skinny to Big

Same here, grew up pretty skinny. Went from 6'1 150 to 190 in the last year and a half or so. Feels great, only thing that sucks is that i cant use any of my old clothes lol. Most of its not a big deal but I had a lot of tailored suits that are utterly useless now.

Skinny to Big

I was like 170 in high school and now I'm at 215, about the same bodyfat percentage too.
To be honest I'm not sure where the muscle went.

Skinny to Big

Your diet is what makes gains, make sure you are getting enough protein and fats everyday on a consistent basis and you will see the difference even after a few months.

This channel gave me a lot of information that I was misled on the industry on bodybuilding;
http://www.youtube.com/user/IceCreamFitness

Skinny to Big

Graduated high school at 125 at 5'9". First bulk up was as a sophomore in college got up to 155. Started getting girls with ease at that weight so I stopped working out. Got down to 150 by my senior year and started lifting again following the winter bulk up post on Nexxlevelup.com which currently has me up to 170 in a matter of 2 months. Looking pretty good but ideally want to be 185. Eating as much protein as possible and taking a mass gainer has been my main strategy.

The last pic is me at 165lbs.

Permanently Penetrating Pussy

http://www.finishyourdrink.wordpress.com

Skinny to Big

Quote: (04-06-2013 08:06 AM)CThunder86 Wrote:  

I use to run a lot up until 9 months ago. I was 6'4 180. In about 9 months of less running, more focus in heavy weights, and an extra meal I am up to 225 (lean muscle) and still kept the pack.

Eat eat eat.

45 lbs in 9 months with no fat?

and how much test were you running?

Skinny to Big

Growing up, I was a very scrawney kid. Very weak. When I first started lifting, I failed at benching the 45 lb Olympic bar. I weighed around 110 lbs in HS

Fast forward today. Pre double disk herniation I was dead lifting 360 lbs for reps at a bodyweight of 155 lbs.

Skinny to Big

Quote: (04-06-2013 11:36 PM)A War You Cannot Win Wrote:  

Growing up, I was a very scrawney kid. Very weak. When I first started lifting, I failed at benching the 45 lb Olympic bar. I weighed around 110 lbs in HS

Fast forward today. Pre double disk herniation I was dead lifting 360 lbs for reps at a bodyweight of 155 lbs.
Did you slowly add weight to the bar every few weeks or how did you do it?

Skinny to Big

Quote: (04-07-2013 01:12 AM)houston Wrote:  

Quote: (04-06-2013 11:36 PM)A War You Cannot Win Wrote:  

Did you slowly add weight to the bar every few weeks or how did you do it?

Yup. Consistency is key. The goal I set for myself is a 5 lb increase for my work sets each week. I haven't always hit the mark, but the simplicity of the goal has kept me focused.

Skinny to Big

I have been working out with weights about 4 times per week for the last 2 years. When I first started I was barely able to shoulder press 20kg and I couldn’t squat worth a damn, but I saw massive gains after 4 months of training and almost doubled my strength in that time. After that I gained strength and weight very slowly, fast forward to today and I am 22kg heavier than I was.
My goal is to reach 90kg by august next year and to be able to bench 130kg and deadlift 180kg.

Its very hard for me to gain weight and conversely its very easy for me to lose muscle mass if I don't train. on the plus side however my body fat percentage is very low and I have a easily visible six pack.

Girls should be an ornament to the eye, not an ache in the ear.

Skinny to Big

Quote: (04-06-2013 09:52 PM)reaper23 Wrote:  

Eat eat eat.

I was doing at least 5 miles a day 3-4 times a week.

I am doing more sprinting exercises about 3-4 times a week. I never do anything over 2 miles at one time. I still play in adult basketball and soccer leagues also.

I'm lucky though as I was born with a sprinters physique and I keep it. Just as my father and his father.

I also found the running after I work out has helped keep my lean muscle

Skinny to Big

Is there a point in which people stop adding weight? Like on squat and dead lift I topped at 315 for reps. In my head I thought it would be dangerous. I just go for more reps at a high rate.

Or am I being a puss?

Skinny to Big

Eat eat eat.

This was me years ago. I was 135 @ 6'3, now i'm 185-190 with around 58% body fat. The high metabolic rate keeps me extremely lean.
It took me 3 years of 6 meals a day, lifting 3 times a week and not allowing myself to skip then for ANY reason to get to my weight.

Skinny to Big

58% body fat? you go on mcdonalds diet?

Skinny to Big

Quote: (04-07-2013 12:10 PM)kinjutsu Wrote:  

Eat eat eat.

This was me years ago. I was 135 @ 6'3, now i'm 185-190 with around 58% body fat. The high metabolic rate keeps me extremely lean.
It took me 3 years of 6 meals a day, lifting 3 times a week and not allowing myself to skip then for ANY reason to get to my weight.

I think you might of mistakenly said 58%

Not sure any human can live with that kind of %

Skinny to Big

Quote: (04-07-2013 07:27 AM)CThunder86 Wrote:  

Quote: (04-06-2013 09:52 PM)reaper23 Wrote:  

Eat eat eat.

I was doing at least 5 miles a day 3-4 times a week.

I am doing more sprinting exercises about 3-4 times a week. I never do anything over 2 miles at one time. I still play in adult basketball and soccer leagues also.

I'm lucky though as I was born with a sprinters physique and I keep it. Just as my father and his father.

I also found the running after I work out has helped keep my lean muscle

dude, gaining 45 lbs of lean muscle mass in 9 months is next to impossible, even with steroids.

why don't you tell us what really happened?

Skinny to Big

Quote: (04-07-2013 04:46 PM)reaper23 Wrote:  

dude, gaining 45 lbs of lean muscle mass in 9 months is next to impossible, even with steroids.

why don't you tell us what really happened?

Gaining 1 lbs of pure muscle in a month is hard enough, especially past newb gains phase. Some of these numbers being tossed around are pretty funny.

Skinny to Big

[Image: icon_lol.gif] the lean guy with 58% body fat

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRlyijzY4gZaBjlil0hihz...Uq_WjBv1qA]

Skinny to Big

Quote: (04-07-2013 07:32 AM)CThunder86 Wrote:  

Is there a point in which people stop adding weight? Like on squat and dead lift I topped at 315 for reps. In my head I thought it would be dangerous. I just go for more reps at a high rate.

Or am I being a puss?

Don't be a puss. Throw on a belt if you're worried about your back and hit 405 on the squat and 500 on the deadlift. Should be doable if you're repping out 315 easily.