rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Horse racing, a real MAN's sport...

Anyone on this forum into horse racing? Over the last 2 years I've slowly become a moderate horse racing fan.

I'm still not an expert on all the betting, but on a nice day, nothing beats the racetrack.

My usual spot is the Acqueduct in Queens, NY, but I have also been to the Belmont, Finger Lakes racetrack, and I actually drove to the Kentucky derby 2 years ago.

I love that the racetrack brings together the rich and the poor, at the aqueduct in queens you can bring in a 6-pack of coors light and bet one dollar on each race until you are blasted. Or you can park your Ferrari right in front, get a private viewing both, and blow through 10 grand.

The biggest race of the year for the acqeduct is actually this Saturday, the "Wood Memorial". Its a warmup for the Kentucky derby.

Believe it or not, the Kentucky derby was by far my least favorite horse track. (and event).

If you guys haven't been, I highly recommend visiting a track.

Of course.

The Best of Southern California: The Del Mar Racetrack

Any betting advice?

There is a horse in the derby this year named "Verrazano", it's a lock..

I enjoy horseracing. It's the only sport I make any attempt to follow, but I don't live near a track anymore, so I don't bet.

espn is a pretty decent handicapping site.

Do you guys think the jockeys are too short to score any quality tail?

Way too short. I might hit up the track Saturday : ) They have a $5 chinese bus from Brooklyn that takes you right there....

Good topic. I'm a casual racing fan similar to yourself and the Big A is my track of choice. I usually make it there twice a year and always go on opening day. You could get away with murder there, which is one thing that I love about it, even after the "racino" renovations. There aren't too many places left in NY where you can just do your thing without getting shaken down or rousted. They don't give a fuck what you do there as long as you don't fight. It's very "old new york" if that makes sense.

I kinda play it similar to you, as well. Post up outside, have a few drinks and bet light each race. Sometimes I wish I never quit smoking cigs because I'd love to just sit outside and smoke and watch the races. I've never ever hit for anything big but I've never taken a beating either. The OTB is a different story though lol. Kind of glad those are gone, live a few blocks away from where one used to be. Derby day there'd be a line 6 blocks deep to get in

word I had tentative plans to hit up Wood this Saturday at big A but I'm backing out. That bus is a great look though because unless you have a car (I don't...) it's a huge pain in the ass to get to unless you live out there in ozp or howard beach or something

One of my favorite events is to go with the family to the local race track, good for an afternoon similar to spending an afternoon watching a baseball game.

It is a shame that not many people care for horse racing anymore.

I bring beer all the time to the big A and they never say anything. It's 1/10th the price of a baseball game. People tell me that horse racing is starting to make a comeback with the Asians...

I'm going to the Grand national today and I can't wait, there is nothing better than suiting up surrounding yourself with beautiful woman then losing all your money betting on a donkey.

Looks like I am def gng today, the big race is at 6:20ish for the big A today if you can bet it.

The grand national was an experience of a lifetime, a 66/1 horse may have won but that did not stop 100,000 people from partying hard. I did not bang as i was fucked off my tits but i did get a few numbers to keep me in the wet for a month. I usually hate my city but today it did me proud! http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/horse-racing/22051354 some great pictures from the bbc.

IM just going to leave this here...

[Image: jockey-530x530.jpg]

95% of the time tracks are populated by degenerate gamblers and drunks. Only on the opening season races and a few other occasions are the hos strolling around.

When all's there are denegerate gamblers, it's the most depressing scene in the world.

I love handicapping though.

Quote: (04-06-2013 11:51 PM)guerrilla Wrote:  

95% of the time tracks are populated by degenerate gamblers and drunks. Only on the opening season races and a few other occasions are the hos strolling around.

When all's there are denegerate gamblers, it's the most depressing scene in the world.

I love handicapping though.

Someone who has never been to The Del Mar Racetrack.

Am I right?

Or am I right?

The Best of Southern California: The Del Mar Racetrack

If you guys notice at the top of the thread I said to bet this horse named "Verrazano". Yesterday my friend had to leave early to go to dinner, and we missed the big race. Guess who won?? Fukin Verrazano!!

Lost $100 yesterday at the Big A : (

I was at a restaurant on the 17th floor of one of the nice malls here in Bangkok and when I was checking out the skyline and the city below I saw that there is a race track near by. Curious to go check it out. It was one of the few places in BKK I've seen that had a huge field of green grass around it.

I'm not big into it, but I respect it. My great grandfather used to raise race horses. My family is big on it. My aunt actually worked at the del mar track that g speaks highly of. My grandfather is always betting on horses.

ahh hurricane fly, black caviar and frankel have won me and my brother some moolah these past few years

Don't forget to check out my latest post on Return of Kings - 6 Things Indian Guys Need To Understand About Game

Desi Casanova
The 3 Bromigos

I searched the forum to see if there is anything on the topic of horse racing. An old timer once told me this, and it has improved my betting:

Never bet on a horse owned, trained or ridden by a woman. Women aren't disciplinarians enough to ensure that the proper steps are taken for the horse to be a true champion in all but the rarest of circumstances.

I don't know if you happened to watch the Preakness, but the MSM feminist agenda was pushing a horse jockeyed by a woman.

That horse, Bayern, finished 9/10.

Kid Cruz, trained by a woman, also finished poorly: 8/10.

The only women you want at a horse race are the spectators. Exceptions are few and far between.

I gotta be honest here; I've been to most of the big races in the UK, at the Royal Enclosure at Ascot etc etc and I still don't really "get" horse racing...

My step dad owns a number of horses. One of them is running tomorrow at Kembla Grange (NSW). It's a lock!

That older guy must've never heard of Julie krone...

Used to be a hardcore horse racing fan. Haven't set foot in 4 years though. Nothing beats the rush of losing a 200k+ pick 6 by a nose...