rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

American woman gang raped in Rio - tourists scared

Looked for thread on this but couldn't find one.

Fucked up.

Don't know how the country will manage the WC or Olympics. Happened in Copacabana too, in a tourist area.

Insha'allah the men responsible will suffer

An American tourist who was attacked in Rio de Janeiro was gang raped in front of her boyfriend, it emerged yesterday.

The young woman and the Frenchman were apparently subjected to a six-hour ordeal by three men after flagging down a public transit van in the Brazilian city.

The horrific crime has sparked fear among visitors to the metropolis, which is set to host next year's football World Cup as well as the 2016 Olympics.

Police have said a male foreign tourist was also held captive and robbed on the minibus
A few minutes after the pair of tourists boarded the mini-bus on Friday night, the operators ordered the other passengers to get off and inflicted a 'party of evil' on the couple.

The three assailants took turns raping the woman and beating the man, whom they handcuffed and sometimes struck with a metal crowbar, police investigator Alexandre Braga said yesterday.

The men split up the driving, ending up in Rio's sister city of Niteroi across, where they went on a spending spree with the foreigners' credit cards.

Once they hit the limit on both cards, spending around $500 at gas stations and convenience stores, the suspects drove the pair back to Rio and forced the woman to fetch another credit card, Mr Braga said.
He said that she did not dare call for help at this point 'because the young man was still under the suspects' control and she feared something even worse might happen to him'.

Around six hours after they were kidnapped, the tourists - both in their early 20s - were dumped by the side of highway 30 miles away from Rio.

They managed to reach a consulate, where staff helped them contact police. The woman has returned home, while the man is still in Brazil helping officers with their inquiries.
Wallace Aparecido Souza Silva, Carlos Armando Costa dos Santos and Jonathan Foudakis de Souza have been arrested on suspicion of the crime.
'The victims recognised the three without a shadow of a doubt,' Mr Braga said. The men's mug shots were also recognised by another woman who said she'd been raped by the three under similar circumstances last month.
Two of the suspects have confessed to Saturday's attack, while the third denies any responsibility.

It has been reported that the woman and man boarded the minibus in the Copacabana beach district in Rio de Janeiro early on Saturday
Many are now asking whether Rio authorities, who have succeeded in cracking down on much of the city's drug violence, are up to the task of protecting the waves of tourists expected to flood the city during the World Cup and Olympics.

Some 2million people are also expected to flock to the city in late July for World Youth Day, a Roman Catholic pilgrimage that Pope Francis is scheduled to attend.

Observers said the attack came as a particular shock given that safety has improved at least in the city's tourist-friendly seaside neighbourhoods.

'No one expects to be attacked in Disneyland, handcuffed and roughed up,' said Alfredo Lopes, the head of the hotel association. 'Copacabana is our Disneyland.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...ed-on.html

Yeah that's really fucked up. It's like Clockwork Orange come alive or something. Those bastards need to be put away forever.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

Cunts. Stories like these make an absolute mockery of some of the stories of false cries of rape that we've seen on the forum in recent months.

it would suck major dick to watch your girl get raped and not being able to do anything about it.

Thought shit. I traveled on that vans. They are quick, but the guys driving it semmed shady to me every time i boarded one of them.

"What is important is to try to develop insights and wisdom rather than mere knowledge, respect someone's character rather than his learning, and nurture men of character rather than mere talents." - Inazo Nitobe

When i´m feeling blue, when i just need something to shock me up, i look at this thread and everything get better!

Letters from the battlefront: Argentina

It's on yahoo.com with the "most dangerous" countries to visit. Lol...
Quote:Quote:

So where, exactly, is it safe to travel? Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, most of Europe, Greenland, Iceland, New Zealand, Malaysia, South Korea, the United States and Uruguay, according to the agency.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/coun...44866.html

Quote: (04-03-2013 02:09 PM)Mekorig Wrote:  

Thought shit. I traveled on that vans. They are quick, but the guys driving it semmed shady to me every time i boarded one of them.

My girl told me about it and I looked in the paper to see what happened. I saw that they were taking one of those vans and thought, "Yeah, that makes sense." Those vans are shady and I wouldn't recommend going on one without a local.

Rio and Sao Paulo states are the worst, but this sort of things happens everywhere in Brasil. I know of at least 3 friends who were victims of a one day kidnapping., and when I was in Europe and told people about this kind of event, many thought I was making it up.

Something had to counterbalance the whole "prostitutes are learning English in anticipation of the World Cup" deal. Guys will still have fun and have a blast. I'm sure some will even use this story as an excuse NOT to bring their significant others down with them.

Quote: (04-03-2013 08:38 PM)pobreinvestidor Wrote:  

Rio and Sao Paulo states are the worst, but this sort of things happens everywhere in Brasil. I know of at least 3 friends who were victims of a one day kidnapping., and when I was in Europe and told people about this kind of event, many thought I was making it up.

Rio and São Paulo definitely aren't the worst cities as far as crime is concerned in brazil. Not even top ten.

http://www.businessinsider.com/most-dang...12-10?op=1

Quote: (04-03-2013 07:05 PM)InternationPlayboy Wrote:  

My girl told me about it and I looked in the paper to see what happened. I saw that they were taking one of those vans and thought, "Yeah, that makes sense." Those vans are shady and I wouldn't recommend going on one without a local.

I am Brazilian, and even as a local I would NEVER use one of those vans!

This is a terrible incident, but the naivety of this couple is appalling. Brazil is full of human trash, and if you're European-blooded, you're a target. You see, all of Brazil's problems were caused by evil European colonization, so their violence against European-blooded people is justified. They are victims, after all.

"The great secret of happiness in love is to be glad that the other fellow married her." – H.L. Mencken

Quote: (04-03-2013 06:56 PM)houston Wrote:  

So where, exactly, is it safe to travel? Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, most of Europe, Greenland, Iceland, New Zealand, Malaysia, South Korea, the United States and Uruguay, according to the agency.

I have no idea of why the yellow countries are above the blue ones. Shouldn't it be the other way around?

Why is there no coloring within Canada too?

Quote: (04-03-2013 11:57 PM)yb13 Wrote:  

Quote: (04-03-2013 06:56 PM)houston Wrote:  

I have no idea of why the yellow countries are above the blue ones. Shouldn't it be the other way around?

Why is there no coloring within Canada too?
The map was made by the CBC, canada's equivalent of the BBC.

Although I think the scare over Iran is overblown, use your brain and you'll be fine.

That's the Brazilian version of the Bang Bus.

Quote: (04-03-2013 09:35 PM)Icarus Wrote:  

This is a terrible incident, but the naivety of this couple is appalling. Brazil is full of human trash, and if you're European-blooded, you're a target. You see, all of Brazil's problems were caused by evil European colonization, so their violence against European-blooded people is justified. They are victims, after all.

That's a bold statement. European colonization was almost 2 centuries ago. How are you going to say that all of Brazil's problems have been caused by colonization? Let's not pretend like the corruption in the government and system aren't the main problems in Brazil, along with the huge gap in wealth. How are you going to say that violence against European-blooded people is justified? A majority of your countries people are of European descent. How is it justified to gang rape a European tourist in front of her boyfriend because of European colonization that happened 2 centuries ago. These people just wanted to go to Rio and have a good time, see the scenery, and shit, they're even dropping a couple thousand dollars on their trip, in your country! They had nothing to do with European colonization. That's like you coming to America and me saying, "This kid is Brazilian, and Brazil is dangerous, Americans have died there. We should gang rape his girlfriend." They have no connection to any of Brazil's problems. That's some crazy ass shit you say right there. I'm pretty sure you have friends of European blood. Would violence against them be justified? I'm pretty sure that Europeans aren't even targeted because of "evil European colonization." Pretty sure it's more the fact that they are naive and would make easy targets.

This is why I laugh when I hear stories about tourists who let their guard being brutalized by the locals. If you would not get in a shady looking van in your home city, why would you do it when you're on vacation? Going to the beach is no excuse to suspend your situational awareness and your common sense, especially if you're traveling with a woman.

Quote: (04-04-2013 01:25 AM)InternationPlayboy Wrote:  

Quote: (04-03-2013 09:35 PM)Icarus Wrote:  

That's a bold statement. European colonization was almost 2 centuries ago. How are you going to say that all of Brazil's problems have been caused by colonization? Let's not pretend like the corruption in the government and system aren't the main problems in Brazil, along with the huge gap in wealth. How are you going to say that violence against European-blooded people is justified? A majority of your countries people are of European descent. How is it justified to gang rape a European tourist in front of her boyfriend because of European colonization that happened 2 centuries ago. These people just wanted to go to Rio and have a good time, see the scenery, and shit, they're even dropping a couple thousand dollars on their trip, in your country! They had nothing to do with European colonization. That's like you coming to America and me saying, "This kid is Brazilian, and Brazil is dangerous, Americans have died there. We should gang rape his girlfriend." They have no connection to any of Brazil's problems. That's some crazy ass shit you say right there. I'm pretty sure you have friends of European blood. Would violence against them be justified? I'm pretty sure that Europeans aren't even targeted because of "evil European colonization." Pretty sure it's more the fact that they are naive and would make easy targets.

I think he was being sardonic.

Quote: (04-04-2013 01:28 AM)A War You Cannot Win Wrote:  

This is why I laugh when I hear stories about tourists who let their guard being brutalized by the locals. If you would not get in a shady looking van in your home city, why would you do it when you're on vacation? Going to the beach is no excuse to suspend your situational awareness and your common sense, especially if you're traveling with a woman.
You laughed at the story of a woman getting raped?

That's a bold statement. European colonization was almost 2 centuries ago. How are you going to say that all of Brazil's problems have been caused by colonization? Let's not pretend like the corruption in the government and system aren't the main problems in Brazil, along with the huge gap in wealth. How are you going to say that violence against European-blooded people is justified? A majority of your countries people are of European descent. How is it justified to gang rape a European tourist in front of her boyfriend because of European colonization that happened 2 centuries ago.

I was not stating my opinion, I was stating the opinions of the subhumans who commit this kind of violence.

Brazil has too many dangerous, feral people. They are usually brown-skinned and of unspecific race (because they are too mixed). We call them "pardos" (= "browns"). They were birthed when their mothers were 15, and they do not know their fathers. They were sniffing glue during their childhoods, carrying handguns before puberty. These people cannot be civilized. You can only wish they get killed in a gang war before they reproduce.

Millions of feral losers in Brazilian cities. The European-blooded upper classes hide themselves in gated communities with private security. If you're rational, you avoid putting yourself in dangerous situations. Because feral losers hate anyone who has a good life, who has what they want, and they justify their violence claiming that they are "victims". If they are victims, they are entitled to violence. You see, the Portuguese colonizers are to be blamed for the fact that the mothers of these subhumans are whores with an IQ of 70. The bleeding heart liberals shout "we need more education!", when it's clear that what the country needs is mass sterilization of the underclass.

Not all poor "brown" people are feral and dangerous, of course. There are many genuinely good people in the Brazilian working class. But the underclass is enormously problematic. I suspect that were it not for Christianity, the problem would be 10 times worse.

"The great secret of happiness in love is to be glad that the other fellow married her." – H.L. Mencken

Shit, my bad dude. I'm a little faded right now. I didn't catch that. Now I see where you're coming from. If you've read many of my posts you'd know I love Brazil, so I wasn't trying to trash your country. I was just trying to counteract your statement, which I now realize wasn't your POV.

Quote: (04-04-2013 01:44 AM)houston Wrote:  

Quote: (04-04-2013 01:28 AM)A War You Cannot Win Wrote:  

You laughed at the story of a woman getting raped?

I take no pleasure in the knowledge it happened and I believe the culprits should be punished to the maximum extent of the law for the crimes committed in Brazil - and then some...

But I believe it was a stupid decision to get in the van and the sooner people realize they are not invincible or immune to tragedy the better, but bad things happen to good people far more often than bad things happen to bad people. I'm not laughing at her misfortune but at the absurdity of the situation.

Quote: (04-04-2013 01:59 AM)A War You Cannot Win Wrote:  

But I believe it was a stupid decision to get in the van and the sooner people realize they are not invincible or immune to tragedy the better

One's gotta be careful about those shuttle vans at the airport, too.

Some years ago, some Portuguese tourists landed in Recife, and instead of taking a legit van, they took a shady van to some tourist resort (probably Porto de Galinhas). Half way there, the guys in the van point a gun at the tourists, rob all their luggage and clothes, and leave them naked and tied to a tree by the side of the road in the middle of nowhere, at night.

I took those vans to the mall all the time. I think I took one to Lapa too. Cheap and fast. Its like a covered Tuk Tuk. I don't blame the tourist for taking them. I rather take one for 5 rais then walk a mile down the Copacabana strip.

You can take legit taxis and get rob. Happened to a few of my boys in Mexico. My sister got rob by a taxi driver in NYC. Isolated incident done by some shitheads. Nothing to see here carry on.

The cycle of disrespect can start with just an appetizer.

[quote] (04-03-2013 09:35 PM)Icarus Wrote:  

(04-04-2013, 12:05 AM)InternationPlayboy Wrote:  ..... You see, all of Brazil's problems were caused by evil European colonization, so their violence against European-blooded people is justified. They are victims, after all.

That's a bold statement. European colonization was almost 2 centuries ago. How are you going to say that all of Brazil's problems have been caused by colonization?

I think he meant his comment as a sarcastic; he was mocking the types of self-justification scum make for their predatory behavior.

Obviously, a pair of twenty something tourists had nothing to do with colonization in the 1800s or 1900s.

Quote: (04-04-2013 02:45 AM)iknowexactly Wrote:  

[quote] (04-03-2013 09:35 PM)Icarus Wrote:  

(04-04-2013, 12:05 AM)InternationPlayboy Wrote:  ..... You see, all of Brazil's problems were caused by evil European colonization, so their violence against European-blooded people is justified. They are victims, after all.

That's a bold statement. European colonization was almost 2 centuries ago. How are you going to say that all of Brazil's problems have been caused by colonization?

I think he meant his comment as a sarcastic; he was mocking the types of self-justification scum make for their predatory behavior.

Obviously, a pair of twenty something tourists had nothing to do with colonization in the 1800s or 1900s.

Ha! Yeah, I finally picked it up. I was just a little drunk when I read it and didn't pick up on the sarcasm. My bad, my bad.