rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

This lady needs to lose her job...

This feminist went to far...

http://www.reviewjournal.com/columns-blo...d-teammate

I really hope this is trolling. This HAS to be trolling on a grand scale right? There's no way a professional writer that is being paid could not only submit this, but get it passed by another human being whose job it is to edit and approve material, right?! If this is a real gender piece comparing A SCENE FROM A MOVIE and a horrific real life injury than this lady should lose her job.

I don't get it. Just because a girl disagrees with you, she's a feminist. My impression from this board, is that every girl is somehow a feminist.

Did you read the article?

Regardless of what she said, she set it up as a comparison, therefore implying that the two events were equivalent. She then says that they aren't equivalent, which means she never should have mentioned it in the first place, which means the entire basis of her article is wrong and should never have been written.

Quote: (04-02-2013 11:40 AM)jammer Wrote:  

I don't get it. Just because a girl disagrees with you, she's a feminist. My impression from this board, is that every girl is somehow a feminist.

Disagrees with me? She disagreed with herself! Gender issues aside this article is shit.

I don't really understand what MidniteSpecial is saying, but my complaint is more about the general "four legs good, two legs baaaad" tone of the article, typical of the feminist society that we now live in.

Quote:The article Wrote:

Whether on the court of life or sport, women tend to suck it up in the midst of tragedy and come to the aid of those who need them. [as opposed to those awful, selfish men]

Imagine the outrage if a male columnist was writing, say, about humanitarian aid in Pakistan and wrote "Whether during earthquakes or floods, men tend to suck it up in the midst of tragedy and come to the aid of those who need them." [as opposed to those awful, selfish women]

There would be global outrage.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

Women have an innate predisposition to comfort and nurture. Of course women would be more likely to run over to their injured teammate. That's what women do much better than men: they provide comfort and care to their children/friends/family.

Men have a similar response to problems and threats, to which women have a natural aversion. If there is suddenly a problem to be fixed or a threat to be dealt with, it is men who naturally and instinctively respond, while a woman's natural reaction is either to freeze, flee or seek out a man.

Therefore, an injured teammate represents different things to men and women. To women, an injured teammate elicits a natural response to provide comfort. To men, an injured teammate presents a problem: how do we help this man while still accomplishing our mission? If a man knows that he has no medical training or other ability to help solve the problem, he won't act, and will defer to others who are better equipped to solve the problem. Contrast that with the women she mentions in her article, who are so busy comforting their injured teammate they crowd around her and disrupt the medical workers trying to tend to her injuries.

It's a really stupid piece, both in terms of how obvious it is and her attempt at trying to use it to paint women as being superior. It would be like pointing out all the examples where men have shown bravery in the face of danger while women (naturally) run away, then writing an article about how great men are and how cowardly women are in comparison.

[size=8pt]"For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.”[/size] [size=7pt] - Romans 8:18[/size]

Read the article.

Quote: (03-05-2016 02:42 PM)SudoRoot Wrote:  
Fuck this shit, I peace out.

Quote: (04-02-2013 12:40 PM)Surreyman Wrote:  

Read the article.

I did it read it. I still can't find the part where she said she is a feminist. Just because a girl disagrees with you, doesn't mean she is a feminist. If you use the word too much, it loses its meaning.

Here's the "horrific" Muna Lee injury she referenced.

http://youtu.be/OMN2e3PepTQ

She has TWO teammates "crowded" around her - even though it appears one is just casually looking on. Also unless her hamstring shot out of her asshole and Gallaghered the front row, then it shouldn't have even been in the same piece as Kevin Ware.

Quote: (04-02-2013 01:20 PM)MidniteSpecial Wrote:  

Here's the "horrific" Muna Lee injury she referenced.

http://youtu.be/OMN2e3PepTQ

She has TWO teammates "crowded" around her - even though it appears one is just casually looking on. Also unless her hamstring shot out of her asshole and Gallaghered the front row, then it shouldn't have even been in the same piece as Kevin Ware.

In all seriousness, it looked like she twisted her ankle. Reminds me of every time I watch European football and you get one guy who's sprinting along the field and he leaps into the air like he just stepped on a nail and he lands on the ground, clutching his presumably injured knee or ankle.

She's not a feminist though. She's just a dumb bitch. You let the professionals deal with the injury, not your feelings. She seems to have forgotten that most women think they're nurses, but, at the end of the day, just about every doctor is a man.

I have a hard time taking women's sports seriously, anyhow.

Quote:Quote:

Whether on the court of life or sport, women tend to suck it up in the midst of tragedy and come to the aid of those who need them.

For any male readers feeling offended right about now, rolling up sleeves to fire off an angry email, do us both a favor. Don’t send the email and don’t feel offended.

This isn’t criticism. This is observation. Don’t think of it as an umpire calling you out. Think of it as an announcer calling it how she sees it.

. . .

I’d be remiss if I didn’t note the one teammate who left the bench and kneeled next to Ware as trainers tended to him. I know nothing about No. 11, Luke Hancock, but as he laid his hand on Ware’s chest and spoke to him, I was pretty sure we were looking at the most sensitive dude on the team.

When Hancock stood up and inched his way to Ware, he proved some men really are made of steel. Some men are as strong as women.

If these women were so strong, then how come they can't "suck it up" and compete against men?

I'm preaching to the choir here, but holding hands does jack shit when your leg is broken.

“I have a very simple rule when it comes to management: hire the best people from your competitors, pay them more than they were earning, and give them bonuses and incentives based on their performance. That’s how you build a first-class operation.”
― Donald J. Trump

If you want some PDF's on bodyweight exercise with little to no equipment, send me a PM and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

If her giving an opinion that is essentially "Women are better, let me tell you why" isn't feminist, does this mean that I still wear the pants in the relationship after I get pegged?

10/14/15: The day I learned that convicted terrorists are treated with more human dignity than veterans.

Yeah this shit just pissed me off at the moment i read it because I played sports up until college and have been injured and seen injuries and this bitch just comes and totally shits on the kids teammates because they couldn't deal with their boys bone sticking out of his leg.

I feel them! God forbid you get to close to him and fuck up his leg worse.

I was on deck in college and my boy struck out swinging in front of me. He collapsed to the ground. I run over like wtf only to see his knee cap all the way on the other side of his leg. I freaked for a second like, "yooooo what the fuck!!! Call the ambulance!" After circling around the batters box I came over to the top of him and was like, "yo you're going to be okay." But I was not tryin to look anywhere near his knee again. It was just my instinct of not wanting to see that anymore.

That bitch has never been in the field and experienced anything like that and to compare it to the incident she did is just horrible journalism. Feminist or not.

Quote: (04-02-2013 11:17 PM)MidniteSpecial Wrote:  

Yeah this shit just pissed me off at the moment i read it because I played sports up until college (still play now) and have been injured and seen injuries and this bitch just comes and totally shits on the kids teammates because they couldn't deal with their boys bone sticking out of his leg.

I feel them! God forbid you get to close to him and fuck up his leg worse.

I was on deck in college and my boy struck out swinging in front of me. He collapsed to the ground. I run over like wtf only to see his knee cap all the way on the other side of his leg. I freaked for a second like, "yooooo what the fuck!!! Call the ambulance!" After circling around the batters box I came over to the top of him and was like, "yo you're going to be okay." But I was not tryin to look anywhere near his knee again. It was just my instinct of not wanting to see that anymore.

That bitch has never been in the field and experienced anything like that and to compare it to the incident she did is just horrible journalism. Feminist or not.

Positive note the kid Ware will be ready to ball in six months and doctors saying his injury is actually better than tearing ligaments (which is much more common).

He's gotten calls from Barkley and Jordan and is already back with the team ready to support them from the sidelines.

It's a dumb article, that's for sure, but she's right that girls do that shit. I know if I broke my leg the last thing I'd want is a bunch of guys hovering over me to "comfort" me. Must be a slow news day