rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The power of the Diesel jeans...

I'm probably giving too much credit to the jeans, and not enough credit to myself for spitting game, dressing well, and just being overall "well put together". But, I got to say the results speak for themselves I bought a new pair of Diesel Jeans around Xmas time this past December, since then I have gotten laid 3 out of the 4 nights that I've worn the jeans, including my last two nights out in a row.

This might be every day shit to a lot of the guys on the forum, but for me to pull a ONS on the 3 out of the 4 times I wore the jeans is a very high percentage. I don't think I am alone, I have heard from other guys that they have one or two "magical" pieces of clothing be it a t-shirt, blazer, or jeans, that they just seem to have really good success whenever they rock it.

I had a friend in the past who always talked up the need for a real nice pair of jeans, but my mentality was always jeans are jeans. I knew not to wear some super butt ugly Wranglers or the cheap jeans they sell at K-Mart, but I always thought it would be a waste of money to spend $175 on a pair of designer jeans.

Well my Diesels were some where around $175, which is probably the cost of my next three pairs of jeans combined, but I got to say it was money well spent. I may be tempted to rock a different pair of jeans next time I go out depending on the outfit, but I think I may keep riding this wave and keep wearing the Diesels until the magic wears off.

For guys out there, looking to buy a high end pair of jeans, I recommend Diesel all the way. Other guys, who may be wondering if there is any point or value to this thread, the take away points should be find "your pair of Diesel jeans" or whatever article of clothing gives you the boost, to bring your overall style and vibe to the next level. It may your favorite blazer with the pocket square, or that well fitted t-shirt with the sick print that captures mad attention, but you probably have some piece of clothing that increases your odds of hooking up every time you go out.

Even if you don't want to attribute your success to a "magic pair of jeans", you can know that when you are rocking a fresh, stylish, well put together outfit, you not only look great, but you feel great too, when you feel great, your game will be way more sharp and on point.

Interesting, I'll check them out. Being unfamiliar with Diesel jeans, what style did you get (loose, straight, slim)?

Quote: (03-29-2013 04:01 PM)RCron Wrote:  

Interesting, I'll check them out. Being unfamiliar with Diesel jeans, what style did you get (loose, straight, slim)?

Not sure exactly, they fit well, are definitely not a "loose fit", but also not super tight like "skinny jeans" so I am guessing they are a "straight fit". I used to like the loose fitting baggier style jeans as that's what was popular as a teen growing up in the D.C. area in the 90's. But, now that I am a grown ass man, almost 30, with a much sharper fashion sense, I am definitely moving towards well fitting tighter clothes. That said, I am not down with some super tight fitting jeans, and think guys that wear skinny jeans look feminized as hell. Plus, since I do squats and deadlifts, I can't be wearing slim fit jeans anyway.

Thank god the black dude in Mexico didn't get them too!!

Looking sharp is a requirement

Good work

the film of LIFE.
http://www.thefilmoflife.com

I was getting similar thoughts about particular items of clothing, that they somehow granted me +3 to sexiness.

But then again, relevant xkcd:

[Image: significant.png]

#NoSingleMoms
#NoHymenNoDiamond
#DontWantDaughters

I've been a Joe's Jeans guy for years.

Women notice those name brands and know the logos/looks more than most guys think.

Those sort of details makes a huge difference.

Let all the " guys cannot gauge guys looks" come down on this thread now.

Likely 4 reasons why it's helping you,

1. It fits perfectly. High end clothing is usually closer to golden numbers throughout a man's body. Ex 1.75 times knee to calf, 1.168 shoulder to waist etc. basically to get close to golden ratios you must be in shape, people who are in shape are usually better off financially.
2. Girls notice brands/fades. You should match the fade to the top shirt to blend into your eye color. Even without all that, simply put girls know what high end jeans and fades look like.
3. Shoes. If you're wearing jeans like that more likely than not you're sporting laces on the shoes as well = another + interna of symmetry + looks.
4. Placebo effect. Since you believe the jeans work you walk around with more confidence in them so it helps you pull more. In fact you can make your entire wardrobe like this over time.

Either way, if the brand fits keep them. 7 jeans fit me better to each his own.

Style is incredibly important, you only make one first impression.

To get them cheaper go here

Thewarehousesale.com

Usually you can get 3 pair for around $250. Just search around, more work but at least it's cheaper. Triple check sizes try them on of course and the buy up.

Do you know what girls call non-fitted jeans?

Dad jeans.

(And not dad in the good, "Call me daddy," sort of way.)

Do a Google a image search for dad jeans and ask if that's a look appealing to women.

Check out

Nudie Jeans

Naked & Famous Denim

APC Jeans

A few of my favorites...with denim its all about the fit..not to tight, not to baggy.

the film of LIFE.
http://www.thefilmoflife.com

Word man, congrats, and I agree. I get more attention when I wear my True Religions over my normal Express jeans. As soon as I get some more money stacked up, I also want to invest in some Diesels. They look nice. I was checking some out in NY and they were way too expensive. Pretty much $350-400 minimum. You can get much better deals on them. Where I am financially right now, I can't justify spending $400 on one pair of jeans. Hopefully in 5 years it won't be a problem.

OGNorcal dressed to impress [Image: lol.gif]
[Image: 4g7PQM9.jpg]

Team Nachos

I have heard the same about John Varvatos clothes, was listening to a podcast and they were discussing that line...its expensive but girls seem to love the look. been looking for a "cool/edgy" jacket to wear that isn't a Blazer.

Used to have some Disels, might try upping up my style a bit with that....usually buy Jcrew-ish type stuff (Apolis, Jcrew, Gitman Brothers)and italian brands like Etro and Zegna because its a little more conservative, but i've been thinking of "streeting" up my look with Diesel and John Varvatos.

The Diesel stores I've been to however, the sales staff has been pretty abysmal as was the layout to determine what jeans i wanted to get.

G Star Raw does it for me.

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

Personally, I would never wear Diesel jeans. Not only are they overpriced, I believe there is better quality at lower prices.

Levi's is the brand I swear by. Affordable, and quality. Levi's 511 skinny fit to be specific. They are not tight fitting unless you have monster thighs.

[Image: pLEVI1-10215360t330x400.jpg]

Having said that, fit is the most important aspect of clothes. And to a certain extent, they only matter as much as you make it out to be. Having good fit on clothes and style most certainly helps, but the most experienced guys I know in person who pull regularly dress very 'normal'.

Quote:Quote:

But, I got to say the results speak for themselves I bought a new pair of Diesel Jeans around Xmas time this past December, since then I have gotten laid 3 out of the 4 nights that I've worn the jeans, including my last two nights out in a row.

Don't think of it this way. And besides, correlation does not equal causation, so this isn't fact, its opinion. Thinking this way will cause you to depend on certain looks, so if by chance one night you screw up a good chance, you might attribute it to not having wore 'those jeans'.

I definitely agree with Diesels (black gold) or True Religions, designer jeans (only need 1 pair anyway)

Ya'll have heard of ebay, right?
I'd also recommend searching Germany's ebay, and just doing auto translation, much more selection than UK ebay.

Rick Owens, Neil Barrett, A Mcqueen, (personal favoritess) Philipp Plein and Dsquared..
I just picked up a EUR 200 pair of Dsquared shoes for about 30, almost new. EUR 400 True Religions for 50. EUR 500 Costume National coat for 100. New RL polo EUR 13. list goes on.

Why shop in stores? Retail therapy?
This is important stuff. You got some Rick Owens, think she won't notice?
Good thread OP

I've been wearing diesel jeans exclusively for about four years now and always get compliments on how good they look. The fit is near perfect and women recognize the brand.

I'm all about being frugal and spending wisely, but play to your strengths. If a good-fitting pair of jeans makes you look good and gives you the advantage, then drop the cash and take your style to the next level.

Besides, most guys who say "I would never spend $200 on a pair of jeans" are the same guys who will turn around and drop $200 on a single night partying with friends (with nothing to show for it).

Quote: (03-29-2013 08:23 PM)LucienM Wrote:  

I definitely agree with Diesels (black gold) or True Religions, designer jeans (only need 1 pair anyway)

Ya'll have heard of ebay, right?
I'd also recommend searching Germany's ebay, and just doing auto translation, much more selection than UK ebay.

Rick Owens, Neil Barrett, A Mcqueen, (personal favoritess) Philipp Plein and Dsquared..
I just picked up a EUR 200 pair of Dsquared shoes for about 30, almost new. EUR 400 True Religions for 50. EUR 500 Costume National coat for 100. New RL polo EUR 13. list goes on.

Why shop in stores? Retail therapy?
This is important stuff. You got some Rick Owens, think she won't notice?
Good thread OP

I hear you on Ebay, but I have to try on clothes before I buy them. I made the mistake of buying a pair of jeans off ebay before and they looked terrible on me. However, there are other options. I got some of my True Religions at sort of a factory outlet I guess. They ran me $150, not too bad for true religion.

Yeah that's the only downside. I haven't had to yet, but I figure if I drop a decent enough amount on something that's ill-fitting, I'd just copy/paste everything from the original advertisement and put it right back up for sale.

Diesel jeans are that rare piece of clothing that's cheaper in Europe than the USA.

Read this:

Status displays: I've got you labelled
http://www.economist.com/node/18483423

I'm going to take a different stance on the OP's thoughts about his jeans getting him bangs.

In my opinion he is not getting bangs because of what women think of his jeans. He is getting bangs because of what 'HE' thinks of them. He feels good in them,believes women love them,believe they are his lucky jeans and is happy he can afford labels and so gives off a vibe of confidence when wearing them that appeals to women. If he had that same feeling wearing a $5 pair of jeans he would get just as many lays.

I have seen examples of this with friends and myself all the time. I have a friend who bought a tailor made suit for a party. He said "that suit closed a deal on a secretary I had been trying to lay for months". I said it had fuck all to do with the suit,the chick probably didn't notice it was new or tailor made. What she noticed was when he put it on he felt like the fucking don. His chest puffed out a little and he walked taller and felt more confident.

It happens to me all the time. I own a pair of Prada leather rubber soled shoes. I love these little fuckers and only wear them on special occasions or when going out on a date. The only way you would know they are Prada is by looking at the sole of the shoe. Yet when I wear them my success rate with women goes up. Why? Women don't know they are Prada but I do and I feel like the man in them for being able to afford things I like. They don't in reality look much different from a pair of Converse.

On the other hand I own a pair of Diesel jeans but I don't feel very good in them,I find the denim is too thick and heavy and not relaxing to wear. Do I get more bangs when wearing them? Nope,I get more bangs in my H&M $25 jeans because I feel great in them.

It's all about how you feel about an item that attracts the women not the other way round.

Btw,Diesel have discount stores ( at least here in the UK they do ) where you can buy their jeans and clothes at half price or less. There is one in Portsmouth at Gunwarf Cays and one up near Oxford at Bicester village shopping centre. Worth an expedition if you are in the area.

Diesel jeans can be had for 100 or less dollars through online discount stores. As well as other high end jeans 7 for all mankind, true religion, rockstar.

Ebay has way to much fake stuff. I buy almost all my clothes through hautelook, beyondtherack, gilt, etc.

Quote: (03-30-2013 04:19 AM)lavidaloca Wrote:  

Diesel jeans can be had for 100 or less dollars through online discount stores. As well as other high end jeans 7 for all mankind, true religion, rockstar.

Ebay has way to much fake stuff. I buy almost all my clothes through hautelook, beyondtherack, gilt, etc.

True, but catch is that those are usually rejected styles that didn't sell enough in the mainstream nordstrom/bloomingdales outlets. I once bought two 7's, one Rock and Republic from nordstrom rack for a total of $300 but when I put them on I realized it wasn't as good as the full price stuff.

Game is a necessary evil

I usually don't spend more than $50-80 on jeans because I have this problem where after wearing a pair for a few months, I blow the crotch out of them. I don't know why this happens but it always does no matter what the brand (CK, Buffalo, Levis, Mavi, etc), the stitching comes undone or a tear starts and before i know it the jeans are fucked!

I saw some real good deals on jeans at MBK mall in BKK, around $30-35 USD for Diesel and true Religion, not sure if they're real or not but may pick up a few pairs. No doubt the Diesels are in style now, but haven't True Religion gone the way of Ed Hardy and Affliction tees?