rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

100 Solo Approach Study: New Orleans
00 Solo Approach Study: New Orleans
Alright I'm gonna post this before my buzz-confidence seamlessly blends with tomorrow's hangover.

I made it my goal to do the following in April:

100 Night Approaches
100 Day Approaches
1000 Cold Calls (just started sales job)

This also includes re-reading Bang and Day Bang (gave my old copies away to a less fortunate man than myself about a year ago)(he still sucks though, horse to water).

This doesn't include okcupid (obviously), and I know it'll be painful but it also doesn't include approaches with wings. I just got back from Bulldog (if you are in NOLA on a Wednesday, this is where you should be), and approached at least five and at most seven groups of girls, great vibe, brought two of my wingmen, and got a few numbers including a useful one from a dude that works at the hostel who's foreigners I'm going to fuck on Saturday.

Do these threads usually include follow-up for solo-approached dates/bangs, or solely the approaches themselves?
Stay w/ it man. I was on pace w/ my own approach study before my work schedule got hectic, now I try to get it in wherever I can which isn't often enuf to keep up w/ mentally. I've heard good things about the bulldog but haven't been on a Wednesday. I prefer shamrock on weekday nights I have off. Good to see a fellow resident of da crescent city on here.
I'm going to use roman numerals until April starts, and any time in April that I either go out with a wing or act beta.

DGi: In line at the burrito place, they were in front of me, one took out phone and I immediately pointed at the sign and yelled "NO PHONES CAN'T YOU READ".

DGii: At the salsa bar a solid blonde 8 goes up, I say something about salsa, she laughs and rushes out.

Total newb stuff, gotta start somewhere.

Cold Calls: vii
I'm going to have to make this a study and not just some crossfit facebook blurb "DUH I OPENDED TWO TIMES 2DAY".

I'll work on more detail.
Quote: (03-28-2013 01:16 AM)BarkChompson Wrote:  

Alright I'm gonna post this before my buzz-confidence seamlessly blends with tomorrow's hangover.

I made it my goal to do the following in April:

100 Night Approaches
100 Day Approaches
1000 Cold Calls (just started sales job)

This also includes re-reading Bang and Day Bang (gave my old copies away to a less fortunate man than myself about a year ago)(he still sucks though, horse to water).

This doesn't include okcupid (obviously), and I know it'll be painful but it also doesn't include approaches with wings. I just got back from Bulldog (if you are in NOLA on a Wednesday, this is where you should be), and approached at least five and at most seven groups of girls, great vibe, brought two of my wingmen, and got a few numbers including a useful one from a dude that works at the hostel who's foreigners I'm going to fuck on Saturday.

Do these threads usually include follow-up for solo-approached dates/bangs, or solely the approaches themselves?

If you're in NOLA you need to go to Mimi's in Marginy - you can straight up run caveman game on the dance floor at 1 or 2 am. Need to have good logistics from there though.
I've recently returned from NOLA and hope to go back, it would be helpful if you could name the venues. Good luck!
Pre-plan:

First thing every morning watching first half of this video, pounding ACV concoction, convict conditioning (6 days/week).

http://vimeo.com/62591294

Really just adding the Pacino, already do the other two.

How do y'all squeeze in Day Game? I work 6 days/week, I figure errands on Sunday I can knock out like 10 if I go at it but that's only 40.
Thoughts on final night with wings for a month:

Why do we go out? Why spit game to get better when perfectly good opportunities come along with or without it?

Because going out and trying to pull on Bourbon with walking sets and super loud clubs and so many distractions and cockblocks from every direction sucks. It makes having a close female friend set you up on a date with her hot friend that she has talked you up to really, really easy.

It gives you the tools to not fuck up a good thing, and to recognize how to fix yourself so you're less likely to the next time opportunity presents itself.
Got a number, with wings so won't count it.

Bourbon St is not my scene.

Went to Frenchman where I got the number from a girl who was initially lukewarm, then blurted out of nowhere "do you want to get brunch tomorrow" when we brought up brunch. I was startled that I said it, and she visibly was too and had no choice but to put all 10 digits into my phone when I handed it to her.

Will probably flake, but I haven't had a shock like that in a long long time, which means I did something out of my regular bullshit-ing comfort zone. Felt really good.

I thought my lack of desire to talk to high energy girls was because I didn't want it enough, but mostly it's because I haven't been getting enough sleep. Super huge part of getting stronger and staying on top of everything.
Quote:Quote:

If you're in NOLA you need to go to Mimi's in Marginy - you can straight up run caveman game on the dance floor at 1 or 2 am. Need to have good logistics from there though.

I'm not a huge fan of Mimi's, if you can caveman there you can caveman on Bourbon, and there are a lot more girls on Bourbon.

Nola has over 1000 bars, and people don't really hang out at houses. They hang at the bars. Which means there are a million date spots and a huge drinking culture. Which = easy lays.
Just now making a social calendar, with all my commitments I have to cut out okc and pof. I can get numbers/dates/lays from there pretty regularly (5/3/1 per week), and even the one hour three times a week is going to be too much. Plus I'm not trying to just get laid, I'm trying to improve my skillset and online game doesn't do that.

Oh yeah brief background:

I'm 26, got laid at 18, got ~18 notches between then and Jan 09 when I went on a 15 month dry spell. My buddy lent me The Game, got into it hardcore MM like everyone else but less disciplined because I figured I didn't need it because I had already gotten laid plenty. My style was persistence, high energy and being easily distracted and funny.

Not a lot has changed, but I've been able to cultivate my chill side and use it to my advantage in dates and quieter bars.

Right now I'm honestly not sure where I'm at w/ lays, I was just under 40 when I got to NOLA and have probably banged about 30 since then (most on okcupid).

My strength is definitely escalation and sealing the deal; I've been doing that for 10+ years and it came pretty naturally.

My weaknesses are opening (although I've been much better recently which is what prompted me to do all this), building solid attraction through storytelling, and focusing on specific routines.

Anybody know any solid literature on the art of storytelling? I know about "The Art of Storytelling", but it takes a tremendous amount of concentration to read classics these days, and I just don't have the time if I want to hit my goal.
My next dateless night is NEXT Monday. I'm thinking I need to rehash the goal, going for 100 Day Approaches over the next two months. I'll still do night approaching on the odd weekend, but I'm spreading myself thin as is. Helping start up a small business is taking an exorbitant amount of my time, so I'm just going to focus on an approach for every errand I go on, with some extra emphasis on Sundays.

Sleep is more important that I'd like to admit, I wish I was one of those hyper-energetic people that go on 4 hr/night and are super functional but even with Adderall that's not me.

Walking through grocery store on lunch break, picking up a loaf of bread. Saw cute girl w/ pink shoes, vaguely remembered how to open. Asked her "how are those" and meant something in her cart, but she started talking about the cookies she just grabbed so I switched to that. I couldn't hook and was distracted, complimented her bright pink shoes (not congruent, didn't give a shit). Lost momentum, she turned away and I got some bread.

Knew coming out it was pretty weak interaction, but felt really good to know that I just approached out of reflex, which is the first skill you gotta learn.
I've been doing a lot of armchair game recently, and it's time to stop. I'll post when I do something noteworthy.
What is armchair game, like dating sites?
Whiskey Blue's always been my fav.

Ampersands is fun in small doses. No pun intended haha.
Super pumped up about sales, going to work 7 days a week at two jobs now so I don't fall behind on the opportunity.

Night Game #1
Got out of work last night at 10:30, called my wing told him I was too beat to go out, which I was. On the drive home I impulsively made a quick detour to dive bar where college kids hang out after about 1am, but apparently has more local chill vibe before then, which was perfect considering my low energy level. Recently saw a video about congruence and so didn't fake a high energy when I went in.

Walked in, saw two girls sitting in my peripheral, kept walking to bar and got a drink. Went back outside, read MM PDF on my phone for five minutes before walking back inside, turning around, and sitting down at the table while delivering "do you think a guy can talk to his ex while he's dating someone else?".

I have never used ANY canned lines verbatim, so I was shocked when it hooked so strongly. They start going on and on, I keep the opener going almost word for word (interrupting with "he has a shoebox full of mementos" and "now his gf wants him to burn the box").

I'm rereading Bang, so I tried a little bit from the Vibe and conversation threads.

Ends up they are cousins, the girl I was sitting next to (7.5) mentions bf early on and repeatedly, and her cousin (7) looking back was definitely single. 7.5 needed to justify her interest in me by repeatedly mentioning bf, although she was projecting because 7 was paying attention to me or iphone and not her cousin.

Conversation peters out, 7 goes to close out her tab leaving me with 7.5, and this is where I fucked up. I had enough attraction from both that I could have just gotten up to the bar and asked the 7 for her # because I had to go, or even told the 7.5 that I was doing so on my way there to generate buzz (that may have backfired, thoughts?).

When I got home I realized that even though I have 60+ notches, my game was lazy and based on dating sites and social circles. Here's where the real progress begins. Game on.
Just got a bj from a chubby/cute 4 in the back of my car b/c she bought me two drink after the crawfish boil. yolo.
DG2

I almost pooped my pants as I walked into Whole Foods to get some produce, Theanine, and ACV. Out of 100 shoppers, fully 1 out of 4 was at least a 6, with a little less than half being 7s and an 8 or two. What the fuck. Passed by girl looking through herbal cures or something stupid while I was looking for Theanine, said in a confused voice:

Me: I didn't know there were so many kinds of vitamins.
Her: what are you looking for?
M: Theanine
H: Oh I've never heard of it
M: Some help you are
H: ::huge laugh::

I have no idea what happened but she was walking away and so was I, I think I was still in shock by the sheer volume of girls.

I have been up my own ass about how I've gotten laid a ton, and now realize most of those were low hanging fruit. Day Game is hard. Really hard. I'm rereading and completely absorbing Day Bang, and this shit is hard.

I have a completely new respect for Gio, EMech, and anyone who is successful with this stuff.

My April deadline was a pipe dream, but fuck it I'll keep updating. A better goal is using Emech's daygame hack, lots of errands with at least one approach per stop.
For the whole foods chick, you gotta be on their level.

Think hipster conversation, man!!!

I've had VERY LITTLE luck closing after overtly hitting on them in whole foods like daygame places. Think Roosh "elderly ramble"

"Have you ever tried Theanine???"
girl: gives you awkward look, "no"
"Its supposed to have a great calming effect on you. I don't know what it is exactly, but my friend recommended it. After work I'm so stressed it would be nice to destressify a little bit so I really wanna try it. blah blah blah...what are you buying?"

For day game it's about being on their level and having the most normal, the most boring conversations ever. I'm kinda manic and get very enthusiastic about things so this has been extremely hard, but all my friends who have the best ability among the nawlins chicks are laid back hipster types.

When I say "on there level" this is what I mean: girls live in abundance of sex. They DO NOT CRAVE it EVER. Men, who are NOT on their level, do NOT live in abundance and are consequently very horny and wear their horniness on their sleeve. Being on their level means being a really cool person to hang with, grab a cup of coffee and NOT making them awkward at all by overtly hitting on them but very cooly and casually over a period of time ramping up the sexual tension in the most unobtrusive way possible. That subtlety is I think the best definition of game I can come up with when you're talking about normal chicks (not ADD club chicks at the club).

If you like those chicks check out the yoga studios in town too, yeah.
Keep at it man, gonna follow your log, you sound like a down to earth guy and i think you'll do well. Good luck.
Quote: (04-06-2013 04:23 PM)Checkmat Wrote:  

What is armchair game, like dating sites?

Armchair means being philosophical without experience to back it up. Sitting back in your "armchair" and thinking without action. "Armchair" applies to lots of things.
Continuing Emech's daygame hack, been opening at grocery stores/wal mart. Before you ask, this wal mart is where the chicks from Tulane shop at, plus there's a shuttle so there's actually a bunch of foreign ones that can't drive that go there too.

First stop is one wal mart, where I hang with my wing/mentor at his bs job that he loves because they don't make him do shit. There are a couple cute girls there, for some reason I can't open in front of him or at least not well, so I bounce to the nicer wal mart i mentioned before.

Next to scented candles I use an opinion to open a severe butterface but whatever she has wet holes (I assume). I like what I use because it was an actual argument between me and my friend.

Me: Hey which one of these smells better? I need a girls opinion.
Butter: Hm I don't know what are my choices?
M: I like this one because it smells like pie.
B: That one's good
M: (ignoring her) But my buddy likes this one because it smells like laundry. His argument is everyone loves the smell of fresh laundry which is true, but I hate doing laundry and I love eating pie. Makes sense right?

Then this much prettier (solid 7) Bolivian girl walks up next to me and I don't skip a beat and immediately ask her the same thing
Me: Hey blah blah blah better
Bolivia: (in a thick accent) I agree with you blah blah blah

Then she walks away around the corner, I go pick up supplies to wash my car with, then go back and put scented candle back.

I see her in front of mirrors, ask about her makeup
M: Haha are you trying on makeup in that mirror?
Her: Yeah some of these look used to me can you see better?
M: Yeah you should pick one out in your skin tone, I'm actually a makeup expert (this sounded gay as shit but I think I said some cuss words so I didn't sound too gay)
H: Haha I need an expert
M: blah blah

We walk out of aisle, into next one and she parts ways and says bye, and it hits me HOLY SHIT she said "bye" why would she say that unless she was interested.

I walk over to garden section, chat with a hot mom and then a cute indian girl there for a minute until they walk away because nothing hooked, then walk back a third time to the Bolivian girl where I just went up to her. We both started laughing a bit and I said:

M: I'll be honest I'm not a makeup expert
H: Haha yeah I know I don't know why we keep talking
M: Hahaha because you think I'm cute and I think you're cute (I hand her my phone) What are you doing tonight my name's BARKCHOMPSON MOTHERFUCKER
H: I'm Bolivian girl with Scoliosis but a cute face and body. I have class, but then I'm not doing anything (she puts her number in my phone and calls it)
M: Cool, text me when you're out and we'll grab a drink
H: I will, it was nice meeting you (we're both at checkout and she pays and leaves as we chat some more)

I don't end up texting her until today because I already had a date w/ a 20 year old Tulane girl I IM'd on OKC (fucked her later that night after so much LMR it was awesome but that's another story). She hasn't texted me back yet, I'll try again next week with a restart then delete.

First number close from straight day game, not solid at all but I don't give a shit at this point. I think I really turned a "fuck it" corner recently that has pushed me life-wise somewhere really good.

Not nearly as strong as the other one, but chatted a bit more. See a 7.5 in ass short shorts and pink headphones, I mime pulling out headphones from my ears so she does and I ask her:

M: Where'd you get that juice? (some stupid grapefruit juice or something)
H: This is blah blah I'm an Idiot blah blah blah

I keep up the elderly chat as much as I can, but the aisles are really narrow, which means every fucking person had to squeeze by and forced the interaction to stop even earlier than it was anyways. Still I rambled as best I could and planted my feet until she moved somewhere else.

This grocery store (Robert's) would be awesome (same clientele as WF but closer to campus) because it feels really intimate with narrow aisles, but it means when it's busy and the girls are there, other people are shopping and politely asking them to move so it doesn't logistically work well. Shame, because it's much closer to my house than other stores so I may try again despite.

Elderly open a girl exiting store:

M: Excuse me [girl with extremely huge tits that I can't see under your raincoat] where'd you get that raincoat?
H: Haha you get one for free
M: No way how
H: You have to be on the track and field team for Tulane
M: I guess I'd have to apply to be a student there first (stupid)

Then she almost gets hit by a car because it's raining and the interaction ends with me laughing a little too hard to be attractive.

LESSONS LEARNED

1) Don't worry about a girl bailing after you have a brief and good interaction, you may be able to reopen in a minute even twice if need be.

2) Work on ramble and focus on body language, the latter was good but not great. Rambling is gonna take some work.

3) I don't really remember what any of these girls looked like except for a feature or two and this was all in the last 48 hours. If there is a cute girl, just fucking say "hi" or something. Doesn't matter what camp you're in, Direct and Indirect are both better than Silent.

4) I don't like the idea of just going out to spit day game for it's own sake because then it turns into a pass time and I'll never convince myself it isn't and it'll come off as contrived, so just stick to the hack. That's plenty, as long as I start taking a class or two at Tulane although it's stupid expensive. There's also UNO, Loyola, and Delgado to try out.
Opened a couple of girls at Whole Foods and Wal Mart, felt good but didn't ramble.

I had a completely great BJ and then a thoroughly horrible date where I fucked up a major opportunity. I'll post in the next few days when my ego recovers a bit more.
Good stuff man...we actually have a lot in common in terms of game style & the hectic schedule. What I tell myself to keep me motivated is nothing beats a failure but a try. I work overnight at a university and bcuz of that I sleep most of the day. I've been goin thru some training related to work so that's what made me give up on my approach study but reading yours has been inspiring. I'm not to big w/ the internet hookups cuz its never really brought me the kinda results u've gotten. What are some of your haunts in the crescent city?
Got laid Sunday with wing, went really well. Did a couple hours day game at Tulane last Saturday, will post breakdowns on both tonight. Really liking morning cocktail ACV/NOS/Adderall.