rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Uruguay Deep Dive

Uruguay Deep Dive

I just did a did a search for Montevideo Data Sheet and Uruguay Data Sheet and search came back with no results so decided to share the link for this years Sovereign Society Uruguay Offshore Investment Conference from May 8 - 10 that covers the key details and advantages of Uruguay rather well. Basically SovSoc loves Canada, better yet Panama and even better Uruguay for diversified offshore asset protection and secrecy - even more so than Grand Cayman, Zurich and Geneva or the Channel islands.

I am a long time subscriber to SovSoc and appreciate their international perspective so sharing the link and details fyi:

http://sovereignsociety.com/files/2013/0...ence-.html

Uruguay Deep Dive

Quote: (03-23-2013 08:07 PM)Deepdiver Wrote:  

I just did a did a search for Montevideo Data Sheet and Uruguay Data Sheet and search came back with no results so decided to share the link for this years Sovereign Society Uruguay Offshore Investment Conference from May 8 - 10 that covers the key details and advantages of Uruguay rather well. Basically SovSoc loves Canada, better yet Panama and even better Uruguay for diversified offshore asset protection and secrecy - even more so than Grand Cayman, Zurich and Geneva or the Channel islands.

I am a long time subscriber to SovSoc and appreciate their international perspective so sharing the link and details fyi:

http://sovereignsociety.com/files/2013/0...ence-.html

heh
I know the country pretty well. I have live there for several years. Its by no means a paradise.
Its a third world country, maybe safer than the rest of latin america, but it has some serious problems regarding mentality of the people, small and aging population, and a huge deficient state. I acknowledge that it has a lot of potential but unfortunately it lacks the kind of people necesary to bring the country to a developed state. Uruguayans are not hard workers, they are lazy and most of them lack aspiring ambitions.. its a pity for such a beautiful place.. Maybe if the country is invaded by the germans the story would be different [Image: smile.gif]

Uruguay Deep Dive

The glory days of Uruguay are long gone. It has some extremely rich families from Europe move there in the 20th century...many royal families from Central Europe like the Auerspergs (same family as that in the famous von Bulow case from "Reversal of Fortune"); you can still find hidden gems driving around the countryside. But Montevideo is now a provincial backwater and the country is one of the most boring to live in. I wouldn't recommend a long stay.

Panama is full of Hamas, Hezbollah et al, they're also attracted to the financial secrecy; Panama is also one of the shitholes of the world, a tormentingly boring "country."

Uruguay Deep Dive

Perhaps these are the reasons why Uruguay and Panama are working so hard to become expat havens for industrious Europeans and North Americans who want to invest and grow the value of both countries fundamental economies. Sovereign Society is highly respected and was referred to me by a very successful British businessman I know and has been helping open up USA investors eyes to the potential of offshore and global investment opportunities for decades now. Brits being a small island nation have always had a global perspective regarding investments and diversification and Forums like RVF open young men's eyes from around the world to the new Global possibilities.

No place is perfect not even New Hampshire with 0% Sales Tax and 0% State Income tax (There is a 9% business profits tax in NH but as an LLC you can pretty much write off your entire lifestyle to Marketing and Promotion even barbecues at your home or vacation cottage are deductible if there are any biz discussions taking place not to mention your car and truck and van leases trips so one reason LLCs show so little profit - why pay taxes if you can spend money on deductible advertising and social media promotion instead? I am basically a New York and Boston guy who likes the low tax advantages of New Hampshire (There are a lot of New Yorkers secretly opening up distribution here in low tax NH to serve NYC an get an edge - I met one guy who rented a local warehouse cheap and buys low tax Coke and Pepsi and then drives it each day into Manhattan using retired NYC police officers who no one effs with and even with high gas prices makes a larger profit margin than he can operating in the 5 boroughs) - that said if you add the new Obama federal tax rate on income of 39.6% plus California 10% Income Taxes or NYC City State and County taxes and $50 Tolls any time you want to drive anywhere 0% tax on offshore income looks like a good idea. Trump still lives in NYC but he is clearly hedged with offshore asset protection strategies in Panama City Panama as well.

Point is in most parts of the USA you are now looking at a success tax of Nearly 50%+/-... once you set yourself up for location independent living this 50% wealth and success tax will severely restrict your ability to accumulate long term wealth and build your legacy by crushing your compound returns compared to Ireland at 15%, Switzerland at 16%, Russia at 13% negotiable or Uruguay which offers a zero tax rate on foreign income… and the freedom to open bank accounts in Uruguay that pay up to 700% more than U.S. banks… and a place with a safe and stable social and economic environment…

Face it savers and retirees are getting hammered - One Million USD in any USA Bank Account is earning less than 1% interest or less than 10K when shadowstats.com real CPI of 6% inflation that means your money in bank passbook CD or money market accounts is losing a relative 4% to 5% a year in real buying power in a zero interest rates environment. 7% in Uruguay banks on a $1M nestegg is actually a living retirement income and you can still get your Social Security and pensions directly deposited in Bank Cards you can use in Uruguay or the USA.

As far as Hamas and Hezbollah are concerned they are in Canada, the USA and Mexico and most of Latin America just like missionaries of old - their mission is a bit more sinister - welcome to the year 2013 - yet Trump built a Trump tower on the ocean in Panama City Panama - he only builds where he sees positive 30+ year time horizons to see a solid return on his investments. Love him or hate him he is a survivor and a success in one of the toughest cities on the planet NYC and he built in Panama City Panama looks like even Trump executing asset protection strategies in case the Obama Administration decide to Cyprus all our bank accounts too - what does Trump know that we do not? Perhaps he reads Sovereign Society and knows their work as well?

http://sovereign-investor.com/2013/03/19...k-account/

Uruguay located between the the thriving BRICS member Brazil, and expanding economies in Argentina and Chile which are all doing quite well with liberalized free market economies - Chile basically now being the winter California fruit and wine basket - the region and Panama and Uruguay looks like it might be a good place to protect a nest egg and legacy from increasingly rapacious USA and EU wealth and success "tax it to you" government employees attitudes in all USA Towns, Cities, Counties, States and Federal Government who all want phatter plush padded pensions and platinum health care for life and more more more taxes and fees from YOU. Something to at least consider imho.

Uruguay Deep Dive

Quote: (03-24-2013 08:38 AM)Deepdiver Wrote:  

Perhaps these are the reasons why Uruguay and Panama are working so hard to become expat havens for industrious Europeans and North Americans who want to invest and grow the value of both countries fundamental economies. Sovereign Society is highly respected and was referred to me by a very successful British businessman I know and has been helping open up USA investors eyes to the potential of offshore and global investment opportunities for decades now. Brits being a small island nation have always had a global perspective regarding investments and diversification and Forums like RVF open young men's eyes from around the world to the new Global possibilities.

No place is perfect not even New Hampshire with 0% Sales Tax and 0% State Income tax (There is a 9% business profits tax in NH but as an LLC you can pretty much write off your entire lifestyle to Marketing and Promotion even barbecues at your home or vacation cottage are deductible if there are any biz discussions taking place not to mention your car and truck and van leases trips so one reason LLCs show so little profit - why pay taxes if you can spend money on deductible advertising and social media promotion instead? I am basically a New York and Boston guy who likes the low tax advantages of New Hampshire (There are a lot of New Yorkers secretly opening up distribution here in low tax NH to serve NYC an get an edge - I met one guy who rented a local warehouse cheap and buys low tax Coke and Pepsi and then drives it each day into Manhattan using retired NYC police officers who no one effs with and even with high gas prices makes a larger profit margin than he can operating in the 5 boroughs) - that said if you add the new Obama federal tax rate on income of 39.6% plus California 10% Income Taxes or NYC City State and County taxes and $50 Tolls any time you want to drive anywhere 0% tax on offshore income looks like a good idea. Trump still lives in NYC but he is clearly hedged with offshore asset protection strategies in Panama City Panama as well.

Point is in most parts of the USA you are now looking at a success tax of Nearly 50%+/-... once you set yourself up for location independent living this 50% wealth and success tax will severely restrict your ability to accumulate long term wealth and build your legacy by crushing your compound returns compared to Ireland at 15%, Switzerland at 16%, Russia at 13% negotiable or Uruguay which offers a zero tax rate on foreign income… and the freedom to open bank accounts in Uruguay that pay up to 700% more than U.S. banks… and a place with a safe and stable social and economic environment…

Face it savers and retirees are getting hammered - One Million USD in any USA Bank Account is earning less than 1% interest or less than 10K when shadowstats.com real CPI of 6% inflation that means your money in bank passbook CD or money market accounts is losing a relative 4% to 5% a year in real buying power in a zero interest rates environment. 7% in Uruguay banks on a $1M nestegg is actually a living retirement income and you can still get your Social Security and pensions directly deposited in Bank Cards you can use in Uruguay or the USA.

As far as Hamas and Hezbollah are concerned they are in Canada, the USA and Mexico and most of Latin America just like missionaries of old - their mission is a bit more sinister - welcome to the year 2013 - yet Trump built a Trump tower on the ocean in Panama City Panama - he only builds where he sees positive 30+ year time horizons to see a solid return on his investments. Love him or hate him he is a survivor and a success in one of the toughest cities on the planet NYC and he built in Panama City Panama looks like even Trump executing asset protection strategies in case the Obama Administration decide to Cyprus all our bank accounts too - what does Trump know that we do not? Perhaps he reads Sovereign Society and knows their work as well?

Uruguay located between the the thriving BRICS member Brazil, and expanding economies in Argentina and Chile which are all doing quite well with liberalized free market economies - Chile basically now being the winter California fruit and wine basket - the region and Panama and Uruguay looks like it might be a good place to protect a nest egg and legacy from increasingly rapacious USA and EU wealth and success "tax it to you" government employees attitudes in all USA Towns, Cities, Counties, States and Federal Government who all want phatter plush padded pensions and platinum health care for life and more more more taxes and fees from YOU. Something to at least consider imho.

Please tell me which bank in Uruguay is paying 7% of interest rates to deposits. While its true that interest rates in USA are terrible now, IMHO its a much safer place to put your money than in Latin America. Now if you want growth well now its a different story.
One more thing, Argentina's economy is a mess now, its becoming a very close economy like brazil's, lots of foreign companies are leaving the country, dollar fiasco rates, etc. A much better place to do business is chile and uruguay.

Uruguay Deep Dive

Quote: (03-24-2013 01:45 PM)Scarecr0w Wrote:  

Quote: (03-24-2013 08:38 AM)Deepdiver Wrote:  

Please tell me which bank in Uruguay is paying 7% of interest rates to deposits. While its true that interest rates in USA are terrible now, IMHO its a much safer place to put your money than in Latin America. Now if you want growth well now its a different story.
One more thing, Argentina's economy is a mess now, its becoming a very close economy like brazil's, lots of foreign companies are leaving the country, dollar fiasco rates, etc. A much better place to do business is chile and uruguay.

I provided the Sovereign Society link - Google them and consult with their offshore asset protection and international diversification experts. As fo the USA being safer - FDIC basically forces large banks to absorb smaller banks and writes off their bad debts in the process as there is basically no FDIC insurance funds left... and go to shadowstats.com

http://www.shadowstats.com/alternate_data

and look at today's real inflation and unemployment rates nationwide - as of today 17 April 2013 real inflation is above 5% - checked gasoline and grocery prices lately - fuel affects the price of everything you buy -

http://www.shadowstats.com/alternate_dat...ion-charts

And real unemployment is at 23% plus - despite US govt reports to the contrary as the Feds DO NOT count folks who apply for SSDI or basically stop looking for work and leave the labor markets.

http://www.shadowstats.com/alternate_dat...ent-charts

23 + 5 = 28%+ misery index which exceeds 40% in most urban areas.

So bottom line is you need interest rates of at least 5%+ to stay even with inflation and greater if you actually wish to earn an inflation adjusted profit on your savings/reserves. Basic maths.

Chile Uruguay Panama and even Costa Rica are looking like attractive offshore alternatives to the Obamunists alice in wonderland Marxist economy we are currently experiencing in the USA.

As shadowstats.com shows just about everything from the US Government and the Obama Administration is complete spin and in business you need to make decisions based upon actual facts.

FYI:

http://mythfighter.com/2013/04/17/nowher...was-a-lie/

Uruguay Deep Dive

Who gets 1% in CDs?my million Is earning 3.05%. Credit unions are alternatives. I'll admit this is an unusual period. Rates kept artificially low. CDs historically beat inflation. I have some earning over 4%. There are plenty of ways to safely build wealth. Buy NYC real estate for one.

Uruguay Deep Dive

Yes let's all put our assets in third world or developing countries lol. Interest rates Are partly higher due to risks. Ukraine banks pay over 15%. Any takers here???thought so.

Uruguay Deep Dive

I got excited when I saw this thread pop back up on the "View Today's Posts." Mainly because I read through it the first time and still could not really figure out what the hell is actually going on Uruguay. I mean, I get it, some guy wants to charge a grip of cash for me to attend a seminar of which the air travel alone would cost almost two grand. Got it. But other than the guy I'd be paying to go to the seminar, wtf?

Uruguay Deep Dive

Quote: (04-18-2013 11:53 PM)jimukr104 Wrote:  

Who gets 1% in CDs?my million Is earning 3.05%. Credit unions are alternatives. I'll admit this is an unusual period. Rates kept artificially low. CDs historically beat inflation. I have some earning over 4%. There are plenty of ways to safely build wealth. Buy NYC real estate for one.

Yeah paranoid doom 'n gloom are good biz for the dooomsayers. You can't even find a parking spot at the mall here in California.

Uruguay Deep Dive

Yes agreed. Funny the gloom and doom guys say buy gold. Guys listened and lost money in the 70's and now gold value is declining. Most of the doomsayers have an investment in promotiNg their doom and gloom. But realize that civilized gOvt is off the gold standard and will never allow it back. Once they see too many people buying it all they have to do is flOod the market with gold. Inventory also controls real estate. Advice my father used and taught me and my brother was take risks when building wealth BUT protect it once you have it. Once you have it ,it will grow safely. His advice worked for him and both of us. So for you young guys sure take some risks however be careful in the stock market. Once rates go up people will be rushing to safer accounts. Part of the reason for the stock market doing good now is people pitting money into it because of lack of other avenues. But cash will be king again. A lot of the cash that was printed is just sitting around. It will be recalled from banks at one point. This will cause banks to offer top dollar for your money to meet their reserve requirements. I am thinking before 2015.

Uruguay Deep Dive

^^^gold down about 20 % from its all time high

Uruguay Deep Dive

Yea everyone who bought gold lost their ass. In the 70s and currently [Image: rolleyes.gif]

Quote: (04-19-2013 11:48 AM)jimukr104 Wrote:  

Yes agreed. Funny the gloom and doom guys say buy gold. Guys listened and lost money in the 70's and now gold value is declining. Most of the doomsayers have an investment in promotiNg their doom and gloom. But realize that civilized gOvt is off the gold standard and will never allow it back. Once they see too many people buying it all they have to do is flOod the market with gold. Inventory also controls real estate. Advice my father used and taught me and my brother was take risks when building wealth BUT protect it once you have it. Once you have it ,it will grow safely. His advice worked for him and both of us. So for you young guys sure take some risks however be careful in the stock market. Once rates go up people will be rushing to safer accounts. Part of the reason for the stock market doing good now is people pitting money into it because of lack of other avenues. But cash will be king again. A lot of the cash that was printed is just sitting around. It will be recalled from banks at one point. This will cause banks to offer top dollar for your money to meet their reserve requirements. I am thinking before 2015.