rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Does working in Corporate America make it easier to game?

If you're one of those Corprorate people (finance, lawyers, etc) or at least you dress like one, how does this affect your game? Are girls more likely to reciprocate due to you expressing high value (money, status, career, etc.)

Or does it matter all on location? May not be as effective in NYC but more effective in a small rural area

do you plan on working on wall st?

in my experience when i interned in nyc, it's all "social circle" that defines you. E.g. you're identified as a finance guy - either as 1) a baller, 2) a frump doin his job but with money, or 3) an up & comer who likes to party. The girls attracted to you belong to social circles who like finance guys.

But unless you knew how to throw down and have fun with model-types BEFORE, you're not gonna be transformed into a pimp all of a sudden by a wizard.

LOL in a word nope.

Ah fuck it i'm in a good mood.

Basically its the same idea of selling yourself. If you say "investment banker" and she looks at you and thinks you're a push over chump you're f'd. It depends on her perception of you. End of the day same idea, how good are you at selling yourself. For me personally if you ask me what i do for a living I don't answer. Now if i am around someone i perceive as a future friend i'll be straight, but you should honestly just roll solo and never tell anyone you have money. Is it more impressive to pull chicks when they have no idea if you have money or not or to pull chicks when they think you're well off. You guys know the answer to that one.

Oh and one other piece of advice, always lie down and be positive 100% of the time

Quote: (03-21-2013 09:09 PM)guerrilla Wrote:  

do you plan on working on wall st?

in my experience when i interned in nyc, it's all "social circle" that defines you. E.g. you're identified as a finance guy - either as 1) a baller, 2) a frump doin his job but with money, or 3) an up & comer who likes to party. The girls attracted to you belong to social circles who like finance guys.

But unless you knew how to throw down and have fun with model-types BEFORE, you're not gonna be transformed into a pimp all of a sudden by a wizard.

I was more so wondering about street game (or anywhere when you're in work clothes) since people necessarily wouldnt be wearing a dress shirt and tie in a club.

no they'll think youre a slave and corporate square. who cares.

you gotta be congruent to your personality, or who you want to be.

i rarely see the 'real' models knockin around out with dudes with suits. they're hanging out with dudes dressed like rockstars, bohemian, or some cool hip shit but who are expressing themselves.

but its location independent too.
the great thing about NYC is there's something for EVERYONE!!! no better place in the world. wish i were there

Inb4 "How does being a corporate hotshot affect game?" posts.

There are, of course, NYC girls with finance/banking fetishes. But they are largely in the minority.

Being a banker/financier is looked upon by NYC girls as middle-brow. Some may even think you're a bank teller.

Bankers/financiers nowadays are largely the descendants of middle class families from the suburbs. Kids from truly rich families are actors, film producers, party promoters, etc. Sure, they make a fraction of the money of what financiers do--but, handicap principle, bitches. What kind of low status guy actually has to make money for a living?

Foreign girls, however, eat that shit up. Even if they have less idea of what you actually do than NYC and/or American girls do. Foreign girls better appreciate traditional status markers.

#NoSingleMoms
#NoHymenNoDiamond
#DontWantDaughters

Quote: (03-21-2013 09:46 PM)Kabal Wrote:  

There are, of course, NYC girls with finance/banking fetishes. But they are largely in the minority.

Being a banker/financier is looked upon by NYC girls as middle-brow. Some may even think you're a bank teller.

Bankers/financiers nowadays are largely the descendants of middle class families from the suburbs. Kids from truly rich families are actors, film producers, party promoters, etc. Sure, they make a fraction of the money of what financiers do--but, handicap principle, bitches. What kind of low status guy actually has to make money for a living?

Foreign girls, however, eat that shit up. Even if they have less idea of what you actually do than NYC and/or American girls do. Foreign girls better appreciate traditional status markers.

HA! Thats a pretty god damn accurate post man good job.

So knowing that the dudes you work with are likely from upper middle class looking to "protect" their position. What you do is you have to make it seem like you're protecting your superiors. Fuck I might as well write a long ass work game post on finance.

But the quote above is basically true. If you work in finance I recommend that you lie every single day you go out. If you must say what you do, choose some status type job that you can actually do.

Example: learn piano. Now when you go out tell girls you play piano for a living. Now you just invite her to come over and learn piano.

Mini version of faking "fame". While you're making good money on the side thinking about ways to start up your own biz.

Quote: (03-21-2013 10:12 PM)WestCoast Wrote:  

Quote: (03-21-2013 09:46 PM)Kabal Wrote:  

HA! Thats a pretty god damn accurate post man good job.

So knowing that the dudes you work with are likely from upper middle class looking to "protect" their position. What you do is you have to make it seem like you're protecting your superiors. Fuck I might as well write a long ass work game post on finance.

But the quote above is basically true. If you work in finance I recommend that you lie every single day you go out. If you must say what you do, choose some status type job that you can actually do.

Example: learn piano. Now when you go out tell girls you play piano for a living. Now you just invite her to come over and learn piano.

Mini version of faking "fame". While you're making good money on the side thinking about ways to start up your own biz.

I'm not sure what city you guys live in...but IMO there is only one better "regular" job to have in NYC and this is a doctor. Nothing drops the pants faster. Being a banker is a close second place and the power it has is rather cyclical based on the current economic environment and how you project yourself. I agree with lying down I used to tell people I was the fry guy at MCDs. Or you can go learn to play the piano...WTF

^^ yeah i'm not going to derail this thing i know what you're saying. We can agree to disagree. I'll stick with never telling a random slut what i do. Its america afterall.

Im a couple of years out of college, and have friends working in high paying fields and other friends living with their parents.

At this age, the guy i know who gets laid most and w the hottest chicks lives at home. He just goes out all the time and has nothing to distract him from gaming chicks.

The guys i know working high status careers like law and finance are often too busy to meet chicks. The do ok when they go out, but they specifically complan about how their 80 hour weeks make meeting chicks mpossible. Also, the places they go out are filled w other law and finance types, so they are sorta just treading water in their circles.

I have a totally average income and lame job, but i get laid more than my friends who make many times my money. And when i was funemployed living w my parents, i got laid more cause i just had even more free time to meet chicks. Other funemployed chicks were very dtf. And no competition meeting them at 2pm on a weekday at a cafe.

I think I speak a different language sometimes when it comes to wall st.

Why you guys working 80 hours a week if everyone else is doing that and it makes you unhealthy + miserable.

Get the head of the office to be boys with you, only turn jn good work to the guys he likes. Sluff off.

Stop hanging out with other dork finance/lawyer guys. Split your time between cool spots where you can have massive status and super high end spots where you're trying to collect biz cards.

Sonsoway is right in terms of the vast majority, but why do what the vast majority are doing? They are always the sheep.

One benefit of finance is the opportunity to get a huge bankroll and just travel/live in some cheaper part of the world. I have friends w mre than 100k in the bank who could live for a few years in s. America without having to work. But theyre so caught up kn the rat race and NYC expectations theyll never do that. They want more more more and as a result are stuck w bitchy yenta girls and no free time.

Quote: (03-22-2013 08:40 AM)Sonsowey Wrote:  

One benefit of finance is the opportunity to get a huge bankroll and just travel/live in some cheaper part of the world. I have friends w mre than 100k in the bank who could live for a few years in s. America without having to work. But theyre so caught up kn the rat race and NYC expectations theyll never do that. They want more more more and as a result are stuck w bitchy yenta girls and no free time.

Yep again your friends (no offense) sound like blue pill idiots.

Why would you do that.

Stack your cash, live efficiently, a concept apparently foreign to this forum who think that you need to be "frugal" to be efficient.

Again, your friends sound like "average joe" Wall Street mentality.

Average joe mentality in every industry is absolute failure.

They sound like the guys who "wonder" about what their bonus is going to be. You should already know.

You shouldn't worry about promotions and shit, you are sitting waiting for a sea change, out perform, jump the gap. Next position. Over and over again. In the mean time start an online biz and get shit going that way.

I think the opposite is true.Working in corporate world one has to cover his back and sarging on streets,picking up women late at night,drinking etc can seriously harm his job chances.Also even seen with hot women can cause jealousy to female and male collegues and part of his clientelle.A successful guy has to be the golden average in everything.

Quote: (03-22-2013 10:08 AM)Greek kamaki Wrote:  

I think the opposite is true.Working in corporate world one has to cover his back and sarging on streets,picking up women late at night,drinking etc can seriously harm his job chances.Also even seen with hot women can cause jealousy to female and male collegues and part of his clientelle.A successful guy has to be the golden average in everything.

Okay I seriously think I am a horrible communicator now.

Why would I tell my dumb pussy co-workers that I am raging on weekends and doing lines of coke.

You show up as "happy go lucky guy" jump the gap when you see fit.

You "attack" the disliked guy in the office. Corporate America has 0 to do with "performance" and 100% to do with political manipulation of an office.

Any dumbass can link 7 cells together. That's why the entire industry of finance is saturated by the same stupid product, the only differentiation is sales

This is true even at Hf's.

Another example of what I mean, say they see you with a cute girl, say it's someone 2 layers above you, if he asks you "are you banging her she's cute" what's the correct answer?

You don't say "yes".

Oh yeah she's a "friend" you want me to set you up to meet her?

He will think you are doing him a favor, by giving him a "date opportunity".

Compared to making the same money elsewhere, no.

I've got the dick so I make the rules.
-Project Pat

No, passive aggressive stuff that people do in the corporate world is bitchmade in real life. To me the fundamental aspect of game is wanting something and having the balls to get it on your terms, not waiting around and brown nosing for someone else to give you what you want.

I've worked in a couple of offices with a fairly large % of attractive women.

You can bang some of them and their friends. Not usually the best idea but I've done it. Also work has helped provide me with a bigger social circle so I always have things to do with fairly cool people. For certain girls I meet, especially foreign or fresh of the boat, a successful career is pretty meaningful indicator of your status. For a lot of american girls though, especially young ones, they'd rather date a dj or band member.

The biggest negative is that I think it has changed my personality and in some ways made it harder to express my game. A lot of the banter and normal personality I would express, even with guys, I have to mute or at least turn down the volume on during most of the social interaction that goes on in my life for political correctness around the office. Its not a simple switch to turn it back on/up, so I feel like my game isn't as readily available when I need it most.