rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The more game you got, the stranger the world seems - The Glass Wall (long)

This is a little excerpt from my FR thread, I thought I would put it up here. It's long, so sit back and take a beer or a milk and let me present to you...

The Glass Wall

So you know about pick up. You know how to tease girls about their way of speaking and how to make talking about the weather fun. Drawing them in closer and later putting their hand on your cock comes to you naturally by now. You know how a girl looks when she is truly not interested and doesn’t just claim so – on the contrary you also know how a girl you never met before looks when she is ready to exchange saliva. You have had your tongue enter their mouths in under ten seconds, and you have had cute girls sitting next to you in a taxi late at night, both of you knowing how that evening would end. You have had girls telling you that you are too young or too old for them only to stick your tongue down their throat a couple of minutes later. You have had chicks responding to your texts whom you were sure wouldn’t reply – as well as the other way around. You sometimes find rejections funny. At the beginning of the night, when you are not really feeling it, you know it will become great and crazy within a few hours. You know that you can fully trust the process you have learned to love.

You know how it feels to push through huge levels of your anxiety and the great feeling of coming out on the other end. About that incredible feeling after just having fucked a new pretty girl, that vibrant feeling of being alive. Maybe you are doing the same thing every time after a new one leaves your apartment, maybe you got a ritual there, your own little celebration.

By now, you know a lot better who you are. It’s also no mystery anymore who the others surrounding you are: People in general and girls in particular. You have grown to love and to fully embrace that unpredictable, quirky, beaming female energy that makes no sense and is so much fun.

So you know about things society doesn’t know about and you often feel in a way society doesn’t feel – on Saturday evenings for example, or when watching a couple hand in hand. You somehow feel the difference between you and other people clearly.

There is something up between you and them. It’s hardly noticeable in some way, from the outside. You could look right through it. But it also feels massive, impenetrable. There is no way to get around it, even though you lived on the other side once, in the past, in seemingly ancient times. There is something in between you and them. It reaches into the sky and separates everything.

It’s the glass wall.

Run against it with all your power and be like a fly on the windscreen.

People around you, they still move and talk like they always have and you move and talk with them like you always have, because you know what works. How to behave to not make them shake their heads. Sometimes you have to be careful, you know that otherwise a huge discussion will be the result. Just be careful at your working place, at your friends house, in the shops, at the parties, with your family. But sometimes the difference feels overwhelming. Sometimes people seem very mechanical and joyless to you and you even pity them. You see them clearly and you synchronize with them, but you can’t feel them anymore – you are detached. Because with your development, something has built up...

There is a glass wall, and it’s so massive you can sometimes hardly hear the people on the other side, and hardly can they hear you. For sure you can get in touch with them, but there is no touching.
You can see them clearly. You sometimes doubt that they can see you. Maybe The Glass Wall works like shades, like a one-way-see-through mirror?

The glass wall has been raised by you learning about game, and it will probably never be broken down again. It gives completely different meanings to you and to them when talking about the same things: When they ask you what you did last weekend, you just say you went out. But the words that leave your mouth and the words their ears receive are completely the opposite. It means something different. When they point out to you a pretty girl close by, but don’t even consider making a move, you know why they don't move, but they have no idea. You feel a bit of contempt. You wanted to use the word “chode” a couple of times, but then you remembered they don’t know its meaning.

The word “chode” has been popping up a lot in your head lately.

Say Saturday evening. There is no way for them to relate to the high of 20 approaches, two makeouts, a couple of phone numbers and a lot of craziness. Just as there is no way for you to relate to the craziness of spending the whole evening watching TV.

Take the word “girlfriend” for example, or “boyfriend”, words most people thrive towards. You are very skeptical, for you the word “girlfriend” somehow sounds very similar to the word “detention”. It also resembles the word “scarcity” phonetically. You secretly shake your head about many relationships, these people could have so much more – if they only took an effort! But they never will.

Some dude is telling you about going on the 5th date with a girl he hasn’t fucked yet, like this was normal in your world. This is funny to you, but also pathetic.

People ask you if you have a girlfriend. Maybe you give them a truthful answer only to see them totally confused. Maybe you tell them anything to make it simpler and less painful. When you say you don’t fuck around behind anybodies back, but you got several girls, you can see them pressed up against The Glass Wall with puzzled expressions of their faces – flat noses, trying to fathom what is going on over there at your side. People from the other side use the word “faithful” in such a strange way.

A female friend you are talking to tells you that you are stuck in puberty. She doesn’t know about the over-the-top evenings, and neither does she know about the self-development or the huge effort. She thinks everybody can take a girl home within three hours of meeting her. The chodes she calls her friends just don’t want to do that. They are more “relationship orientated” - even if they are talking about pussy constantly.

If somebody somewhere sighs how he is doing everything for that girl but she still isn’t interested, you secretly sigh as well. For your surroundings to understand some issues, it would take hours and a lot of effort on your part. But you know it wouldn’t pay off, neither for you nor for them.

You tried to tell a friend about it once. Maybe he shrugged his shoulders and told you it was cool, but not for him. Maybe he contradicted what you were telling him, almost becoming angry. Rarely have you felt so separated from him like at that moment. But as you move on in your journey, the wall is rising.

People say you have grown, they say they see some positive development in you, but they can’t put their fingers on where it’s coming from. Explaining would mean explaining a shitload of other things, so maybe in most cases, you don’t bother.

You got different concerns than people on the other side of the wall. Maybe you think about how to fit that 4th girl into your rotation with the week only having 7 days or whether you should kick out number 2, while they are figuring out which beach to treat their girlfriend to on their once-a-year vacation.

If something doesn’t work out in your world, in THAT world, you can’t just ask your friends or your family for help – but you can switch on your computer and ask some people you have never met. Some of them really know their stuff. In some regards you feel more connected to them than to the people around you. But you have been making friends in real life lately, friends with people who are wandering on your side of that ridiculous wall as well. It feels a bit like a relief.

Will that thick layer of glass ever come down again? You don’t know, but you know you would never ever want to go back to the other side. But don’t worry, there are a lot of great people on this side of the wall! And some of the old ones you will keep in plain sight, even though they are not there with you.

So don’t be confused and don’t feel challenged when you find most of the world is on the other side of that fancy glass. It’s ok, and it’s even how it has to be. Can you imagine what your life would look like if the population only consisted of people knowing what you now know? The masses have to be not-knowing by definition. It’s true, it’s a strange thing. And that’s what it’s supposed to be.

After all, the world is a funny place.

And you get proof of this every weekend.

Failure is caused by unwillingness to adapt!

"If it's not rough, it is not fun!" - Lady Gaga, Philosopher

That was an excellent read and introspection. Thank you for sharing it.

Check out Pimp Game, Picking Up Strippers, The Fun Way!, Weaponized: Add Cold Reading to your arsenal! and Tarot Game.

Game isn’t what I use to get what I want out of women.
Game is what I use to get what I want out of life.

Good stuff! I have many of the same feelings. Bookmarking this.

know the knower

self-actualization

love & hate, fear & attraction

Brilliant post and I've felt like this for a few years, even before I knew of the red pill world and of game. Learning everything I've learned since last year has justified and solved a lot of the frustrations I had but didn't know how to fix.

I lived in Dubai for a year when I was 20 years old while all my mates were at uni and I wrote down my thoughts every now and then when I was going through a really hard period in my life, and your glass wall analogy made me think of something I wrote in that time which is scarily similar. I just dug it up, I wrote it in October 2009 and only discovered game last summer:

Quote:Quote:

I come onto the internet and see all my peers out enjoying themselves with the company they love and I'm on the outside of this bubble looking in, longing to be part of it all but also wanting to distance myself from the norm. I can push on the bubble but it will never burst. It's like there's something better out there on my side.

I've got a whole series of these and I read them back a couple of months ago. I was astonished with some of the stuff I was writing back then and it's stuff I'm seeing in the manosphere and on here now. I might post them on my blog eventually but it weirded me out the way I was talking despite living like an "AFC".

Top post, mate.

[Image: sheeple.png]

I dont call it the glass-wall. I call it Battle Armor.

Its what makes you battle the night, contain your emotions, and give you limited but important feedback on the world.

Also, most people can tell that you are slightly different, but they won't understand why.

WIA- For most of men, our time being masters of our own fate, kings in our own castles is short. Even those of us in the game will eventually succumb to ease of servitude rather than deal with the malaise of solitude

I don't understand this trend why would someone feel alienated and kind of like "enlightened" just because he learned some random skill. The glass wall is something you created in your own head cause you feel a little bit better at game than the rest. All this "I'm so red pill" is laughable. You just educated yourself in one field and took a little bit more action. Technically speaking you're not different from a professional hiphop dancer who sees how weird people move to Timbaland songs in clubs.

Get over this pimp self image already [Image: amuse.gif]

I am starting to feel the same way. I can sympathise with most of what you say, as I am still learning the ropes. But I can understand you completely.

Some of the kids (17-18 year olds) that work with me at my part time job that have girlfriends think they have it all. Whenever I talk to my good buddy about girls, these guys laugh because we are both single. I used to get irritated by this, and had to restrain myself from saying a bunch of shit that would have tainted the work relationship I have with them. They know I go out often and am single so to them it is just me who can't get a girlfriend when they have one without even going out much. From my perspective, it is hilarious. These guys have no idea what they are in for once they get into college and their same age girlfriend will become available to thousands of dicks on demand. They think the girl they have been dating for a year is their high school sweetheart and they will stick together throughout college and get married after. I almost feel bad for them.

I am very social with some girls at work. Some I tease and have some attraction built. Others is mostly just social relationship, because they have boyfriends that I know. These girls are cool, and sometimes they ask me if I have a girlfriend yet or if I ever hook up with girls at clubs. From now on, I just say 'no girlfriend yet' and 'Not really, I'm really shy.'

But in reality, its almost as if they are on the outside of this glass wall you speak of. They could never relate. So why bother?

Quote:Quote:

Get over this pimp self image already

When I first started almost a year ago, I felt like I wanted to tell everyone, and told a few more friends than I should of. Now I just don't care about it. Still something that I have to work on though, haha.

It goes both ways. I have a lot of people who are "looking" at my side of glass wall. They enjoy some of the stories I tell and usually say they live vicariously through me. This can be people my age or middle aged folk.

Quote: (03-21-2013 06:43 AM)XXL Wrote:  

I don't understand this trend why would someone feel alienated and kind of like "enlightened" just because he learned some random skill. The glass wall is something you created in your own head cause you feel a little bit better at game than the rest. All this "I'm so red pill" is laughable. You just educated yourself in one field and took a little bit more action. Technically speaking you're not different from a professional hiphop dancer who sees how weird people move to Timbaland songs in clubs.

This.
Youre not a special snowflake just because you learned to approach some girls. Get over yourself.

Quote: (03-21-2013 11:56 AM)w00t Wrote:  

Quote: (03-21-2013 06:43 AM)XXL Wrote:  

This.
Youre not a special snowflake just because you learned to approach some girls. Get over yourself.

I don't think this is the point. The glass wall is something you feel when you constantly meet people with no direction or skills. People who just follow the flow and don't want to improve themselves. People who will be afraid of the same things all their lives.

I'll post hoping to develop, or perhaps i'm merely diluting, the point that XXL made and w00t co-signed.

Knowing game is merely a thing. It doesn't put you on another side of a wall. Should such a wall exist in your own mind, well, then that is a solipsist debate for another time. Actually no, now is a decent time.

Finally reckoning that most girls are attainable, not to be trusted (in the disneyfied sense) and easily manipulated puts you in no more of an advantage, nay nay, no more of an interesting position, in the greater scheme of things - life / meaning - than does being rich or being famous or so on and so on. Yes. I see what i have done there. Shush.

You haven't actually taken the pill, ala the matrix, and discovered an alternative reality. You aren't Neo's cousin dude. This isn't The Nausea ala Sarte. You aren't on to some type of ontological discovery. You aren't on any side of an invisible wall, besides one that is graffiti marked with the tag NNMBEME all over it (narcissistic naive magniloquent be me) in fluorescent yellow with a black border, plus a little * at the end. All you have done is stumbled onto a way, by chance or by design -or perhaps both or perhaps neither -of banging chicks in the 21st century. There's more to life than knowing when a girl wants you, when she doesn't, how to get her to want you, how to turn interest into a bang and so on. Man. Some of the stuff that pops up on this forum. I like this forum. I truly do. One of my favourites on the net. Wait. Why mention the net? I'm not a member of a forum anywhere but the net. Anyway, yeah. So....right. Some people on here realise how to bang chicks, or meet others who are like them in that regard, and think they have unearthed the trick that Faust couldn't.

Game is cool for game. Don't imagine it to be anything more than what it is. You haven't become that much more interesting. Almost nobody still really gives a shit about you. You just happen to know how to game chicks.

The lion will know its kind upon meeting one. The "Glass Wall" is simply a metaphor for not being with people of your kind. How does a lion feel in a middle of a herd of sheep? Can a sheep relate to the world of a lion? Can the lion do the same for the sheep? Is one intrinsically superior to the other? My difference does not make me intrinsically superior, nor does my skills. There are people who will live and die very quiet and simple lives without ever knowing a 10th of my experiences BUT they will have lived lives of equal or even greater joy and contentment. There are many roads to a happy and fulfilling life not just one...

PS Experience is not always a good thing. Once you experience something you cannot undo or forget it. It creates a standard that you will forever judge the rest of the world by whether you wish to or not. For example, living in Brazil granted me the experience of lovers an order of magnitude better than elsewhere BUT it also then set a standard that is now almost impossible to meet much less surpass. Had I never lived in Brazil I would be a much happier man for the rest of my life.

Thanks for all of the positive comments, guys! It’s nice to see many of you can relate.

In regards to the posters who disliked my article: This is not so much about superiority, as it is about separation.
Anyhow, it is worthy to mention that if you do this the “right” way, it is definitely not just game, but self-development. Make no mistake, a dude who pushes himself hard to achieve what he wants to achieve IS superior to a dude wants to achieve the same thing (!) but is staying at home watching TV and eating potato chips. Or maybe he isn’t, but then truly nobody is superior to anybody else in any sense (achievement, etc..), which is a very philosophical discussion and a little silly/ far removed from reality.

And yes, if you really get into this, a very different world opens up to you.

Having said that, I also put this up at the RSD forum and all in all there seems to be a pattern that really advanced guys come full circle and don’t feel the glass wall very strongly anymore. They can reconcile their side with the other side very well. Which leads me to believe that my post is an intermediate post (I’m intermediate) and gives me some hope for further down the road…

Over and out.

Failure is caused by unwillingness to adapt!

"If it's not rough, it is not fun!" - Lady Gaga, Philosopher

Man I had this whole thing going in my head when I read this on my phone then now that I'm home its like ugh wtf was I thinking about again?

Anyways. Whether or not you think taking the red pill is just another normal thing. I respectfully disagree. Why? Well the thing is taking the red pill is going against the norm. The norm is pretty much 1 huge bubble of influence. And we're standing on the outside. The bubble attacks us when we try to poke it, however we are able to still steal from it the smaller bubbles that come off of it.

Human nature. You can't get rid of it. It's always there. No matter how much brainwashing, poking around, etc. there's always the human instinct. Our genetic reflexes and desires.

What's the male desire? To spread his genes. Blue pill guys have been coerced into thinking that being these beta lovey dovey's that provide with money and "love" will get a good girl and settle down. No matter what you do, he will always fantasize about other women. He'll be tempted several times, and it's his level of personality that will push back the human instinct of fucking random women.

Fucking random women is the true male happiness. We have an infinite variety of pleasures such as fishing, playing sports, guitar, etc. but when it comes down to it; our human instinct is there, ever so present; telling us we are just fucking rabbits.

By learning game we are able to slip away from society's influence and resort more to our inner beast. The beast that tells us to fuck and impregnate as to spread genes to make more beasts. When we have a kid, we see our inner beast being spread. And we get so happy from that feeling. I don't care who you are, having a kid is ultimate end game. Sure you might not think it personally, but your human instinct is. And your personality will fight that instinct and repress it as hard as you can.

When you have the power of blue-pill beta propaganda shoved down your throat for 25+ years, it's hard for your poor instinct to rise up to the challenge. Unless it has a little help from the game.

This sensation really has nothing to do with game. I remember reading a psychology study or article that seemed to be talking about exactly this sensation. There was a name for it but icant remember.

Everyone feels it, especially, i'd imagine, when they're among people they feel superior to. When you notice less intelligent family members or friends cycling through some neurotic script they're unaware.

I got this all the time when I use to play poker. Like im playing some sort of simple automoton cycling through a simple neurotic script. Predict what they're going to do, than predict they're going to get pissed that you're doing that and counter-adjust again.

Maybe the sensation is actually right and we're all automotons, just blinded to seeing it in ourselves.